Start by marking “Sheltered by the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force, #2; Inheritance, #12)” as Want to Read:
Sheltered by the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force, #2; Inheritance, #12)

Sheltered by the SEAL

(H.E.R.O. Force #2)

He owes her two people.
She's only taking back one.

Jessa McConnell conspires to get pregnant by Jax Andersson, commander of HERO Force and the man she holds responsible for the death of her husband and unborn child. She assumes a new identity to make sure her secret isn't discovered, but ends up fighting for her life when she inherits a book intended for the other woman.
Published December 20th 2016 by Alpha Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sheltered by the SEAL, please sign up.
Amy Gamet I updated the book description. The original blurb was written before the book, so it needed to be changed when the story didn't cooperate with the…moreI updated the book description. The original blurb was written before the book, so it needed to be changed when the story didn't cooperate with the plan. :)(less)

Debra Johnson
Sheltered by the SEAL by Amy Gamet
Genres: Adult (very mild intimate scenes), Contemporary, Crime, Mystery, Romance, Suspense
4.5 Stars

The two MC's, Jessa McConnell and Jax Andersson are great characters. You really feel connected to them. They are very well written.
There is suspense, action, twist and turns on virtually every page. It definitely keeps you involved in the story.
The writing itself flows easy and smooth.
I really enjoyed the story.
I did find 2 minor errors. But my only real problem w
Cathy Geha
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sheltered by a SEAL by Amy Gamet
Inheritance #12 and HERO Force #2

When you have lost the love of your life and his child, still in your womb, you must go through the five stages of grief before moving on and that is just what Jessa is in the midst of doing. With her anger focused Jax “Ace” Andersson – she has determined he is the one to pay and give her pound of flesh. Poor unsuspecting Jax! One night is all it took for their lives to become entwined though it took a lot longer for them to work t
Diane
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book left me with plenty of mixed feelings. The writing was good and the mystery and intrigue surrounding the inheritance was well written but several elements of the story just did not appeal to me. An angry widow with an axe to grind has sex with the man responsible for making a decision that killed her husband and her unborn child, in the hopes of becoming pregnant. Months later she gets a fake identification and moves across the country to leave her heartbroken memories and any chance o ...more
Joyce
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jax, the gentlest, caring, most compassionate man I've read about in a long time......he didn't deserve what Jessa did to him, nor the way she treated him, but he stood up and acted like a real man should. Jax is my HERO!!!!!
Coral
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Plot: 4/5
Characterisation: 4/5
Prose: 4/5
How much I enjoyed it: 3/5
Danielle Edwards
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the first book in this series but wasn't a fan of this one I felt like both the MC's were immature. Not sure if I am going to finish reading this series.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Yikes, what a disappointment. All Jax and Jessa did was fight and they were not nice about it at all. I didn't like either characters and doubt I will read any more in this series.
Rita C
Feb 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Barely tolerable characters. She lied to him to get pregnant (consent!), and he stalked her and violated her privacy repeatedly and then imprisoned her. Wow, so romantic. Ugh.
Lisa
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy but voluntarily reviewed it.

This book is part of The Inheritance series. The idea of this series is that a wealthy man dies and gives different things to each of his heirs. In this novel, Jessa McConnell receives an expensive book that actually belongs to another woman.

This book is the second book in Amy Gamet’s Hero Force series. In spite of the fact that Sheltered by the Seal is part of a series, you do not have to read the other books before you read this one. Ms. Gamet
Ddkmc95
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jax is the head of HERO Force, a group of ex military men, who take on missions that can't necessarily be sanctioned by the government. After losing one of his men, and best friends, Jax was torn between his loyalty to his friend and his love for the widow. Now, over a year later, Jax is pleased that he can deliver the news to Ralph's widow, Jessa, that they eliminated the man responsible for his death. Except, Jessa's reception of Jax and his news is less than welcoming...in fact, she's downrig ...more
Yvonne Cruz
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, what can I way but that I loved this story! It never ceases to amaze the depth of talent that Ms Gamet pocesses.
In this book we have Jesse McConnell, a widow who not only lost her husband, a member of the elite HERO Force , but also her unborn child . She blames HERO for both deaths , especially the leader, Jax Andersson.
She meets Jax in a bar for one purpose, and one purpose alone, and when the resulting wish is granted, she is determined to vanish so he can’t find her. Unbeknown to her,
Patty
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sheltered by the SEAL: The Inheritance
HERO Force, Book 2
By: Amy Gamet
Narrated by Janelle Tedesco

When Jessa unexpectedly loses her husband and then miscarries their baby, there is nothing to do but grieve and place blame. When Jax, the one person she blames the most for Ralph's death. comes in with news, she makes a decision to seduce him. After all, the least he can do is provide her with a child. But there is something she did not count on. Feelings. This is a great love story with a few suspen
Jane
I read Sheltered by the SEAL on my mom's Kindle when we traded to read new stories on each others Kindle.

Jessa McConnell, widow of Ralph a HERO Force employee that was killed in the line of duty wants revenge from Jax Andersson, the commander of HERO Force for sending her husband into danger and his death. Her head is in a strange place when she plans to seduce Jax and get pregnant to replace the baby she lost at the time Ralph died.

She tries to disappear but Jax calls her and she purchases a fa
Karen Griffin
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This is the first book that I have read of The Inheritance series, but I have read another book in the HERO Force series from Amy Gamet. I was looking forward to reading this book because the story was set up in the earlier Stranded with the SEAL book. The story was well developed and the characters are likable, although very stubborn in this case. I wondered how multiple authors would be able to tie a common inheritance story ...more
Shelly Celli
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I have to admit, I'm quickly becoming a huge fan of this series and this author. This is nonstop intensity and had me wrapped up in it from the beginning. I love how much Jax changes throughout the book, but wish jessa would open her eyes a little more quickly than she did. I can't wait to see what happens with Cowboy and Charolette.

Jax and Jessa have had a rough start, when he goes to tell her that her late husbands killer has been dealt with, she decided to seduce him and get pregnant to repl
Cheryl Sanders
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
The story features Jax Andersson, member of HERO and Jessa McConnell, widow to Ralph McConnell, HERO member KIA.

Jessica was so angry and held so much resentment towards Jax that I didn't see ANY future for them. The story was well thought out from beginning to end. The storyline made smooth transitions from one set of emotions to the next. The character development was perfect. I loved it! Jax was a little less emotional than I would have liked but in the bedroom his emotions were perf
Emily Dickson
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jessa was quiet the character. Although she was doing some underhanded things to begin with I found her character to be likeable and believable. Jax was also a great character. This story merges into the kindle world The Inheritance series flawlessly. Even so this story stands alone without reading any ot the other books. Lots of secrets and emotions, Action and mystery. The story was great and I loved this one! Reading Jax and Jessa's story was fun and enjoyable. HEA and some sexy times. Loved ...more
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vindictive Woman

While there is a lot of action and swoon worthy moves, I distinctly dislike Jessa. Losing your spouse and unborn child are horrifying. It's her vindictive actions towards Jax that leave me shaking my head.

When he goes caveman on her I actually laughed out loud and mentally high fived him. When his men of Hero Force completely take his side and tell Jessa she's wrong is awesome. Usually, the guy is made to look ugly. Having the woman be ugly definitely works and gives some depth
Vickie Chaisson
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sheltered by a Seal...Wow

They say love and hate are two sides of the same coin. In Sheltered by a Seal Jax and Jessa prove that sometimes Love and hate can exist at the same time. Ralph and Jax were best friends for years and Jax was jealous when he married Jessa. When Ralph died both Jax and Jessa blamed him for Ralph's death. This book has so many twists and turns that you will not be able to put it down.
The HERO force team makes its presence known and the author tells a great story.
Barbi
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story of Jax and Jessa.
Jessa is still reeling over the loss of her husband, Ralph, Jax's good friend and teammate. She is also suffering after her miscarriage as well. She decides to get pregnant again and when Jax shows up on her doorstep, she sees it as the perfect opportunity.
Add in a case of mistaken identity, some snipers, and sparks flying between Jax and Jessa and you have this book.
Catherine Montgomery
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely A Great Read!!🙌

So many ups and downs and twists and turns, you kept me very interested and at the edge of my seat! I enjoyed the first book very much and this one even more. Thank you Amy for a great read and I can't wait for Cowboy's story. P.S. I hate laundry too! 😼🌹
Nerissa Golden
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
He's never forgotten her and keeps his vow to avenge her husbands death. She's never forgiven him for the loss of his best friend and her husband but she's found a way to make him pay.
Pity her plan to take his gift and start a new life with a new identity doesn't go the way she plans.
An easy read.
Janine
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I received this book through goodreads giveaways for an honest review.

I liked the mystery and the action in the book. I also liked Jax and the HERO force team. I didn't really care for Jessa in the first half of the book (making the romance aspect of the book less enjoyable for me) but she grew on me by the end. I liked how everything got resolved in the end.
Cynthia Siermienski
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sheltered by the SEAL

Another wonderful story. Jax was a man e had enough courage to love Jessa knowing that she deceived him. Jessa loved her first husband and only thought she would be happy having another baby. Love and true feelings made this book great.
Barbara
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free book and chose to voluntarily review it. This book has all the suspense that I expect when a SEAL is involved. The romance (reluctantly by both) is there, also. There is a small bit of humor thrown in. Loved it and couldn’t put it down.
Rita
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Again, this had the potential to be really good and I wanted to love it. I could completely understand how a woman's desire to have a baby could lead to her making some bad choices. But something didn't quite gel - maybe a good editor could help?
Dolores Wilson
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I enjoyed reading this story Jax story was not only entertaining I couldn't put it own until I was finished.
Debra S Ferreria
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Real Life Feelings

No one is perfect even the best of the best. Ms. Garnett writes with an easy style that keeps the reader's attention and wanting mote. I love her stories.
Sharon Caldwell
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The series just keeps getting better.
Kim Otis
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Didn't disappoint!

This book was awesome. I loved how the heroine was not perfect and had her own agenda. It made her seem really human. Can't wait for more.
« previous 1 3 next »

• SEALs of Honor (SEALs of Honor, #7-9)
  • Red Stone Security Series Box Set: Volume 4 (Red Stone Security, #10-12)
  • Holding On (Hold Trilogy, #3.5)
  • Mai Tai Marriage (Aloha, #3)
  • A Different Christmas (University Park, #5)
  • Breaking Boundaries (SEAL Team Heartbreakers #5)
  • Guard Dog (Hot SEALs; Stone Hard SEALs, #3)
  • SEAL's Defiance (Take No Prisoners #7)
  • Serenity House Trilogy
  • Leather and Lace (Tempered Steel, #2)
  • Ashleigh's Christmas Miracle (Thoroughbred Super Edition)
  • Flight Of Fancy (Bexley-Smythe Quintet, #1)
  • Fall Back (SEALs Undone, #6)
  • All I Want for Christmas is Blue (Lord and Lady Spy, #3.6)
  • True Navy Blue (True Blue SEALs Novella)
Amy Gamet is the USA Today bestselling author of romantic suspense and contemporary romance. She's best known for her HERO Force series, where military romance meets thrilling action and intrigue.

HERO Force
Book 5: Justice for the SEAL
Book 6: Targeted by the SEAL
Book 7: Kidnapped by the

H.E.R.O. Force (7 books)
  • Stranded with the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force, #1)
  • Harbored by the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force, #3)
  • Married to the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force, #4)
  • Justice for the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force #5)
  • Targeted by the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force #6)
  • Kidnapped by the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force #7)