Start by marking “Spark in the Ashes (Steel Souls MC #1)” as Want to Read:
Spark in the Ashes (Steel Souls MC #1)

Spark in the Ashes (Steel Souls MC #1)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  153 Ratings  ·  103 Reviews
Sadie Foster is consumed with revenge. The quiet beauty she portrays on the outside disguises the rage bubbling within her. Because on the inside, her desire for retribution dominates her every waking thought, until him...…

Ramsey Dalton is an outlaw. A criminal that will do whatever it takes to get what he wants and to keep his MC brothers safe. He didn't know there could
Published April 24th 2017 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Spark in the Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spark in the Ashes

~ Cariad ~
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Wow this terrific book just got better and better.
I was on the edge of my seat toward the end!
so good gif

Good job I love a cliffy, as this book has a huge one!!

I'm completely ready for book 2, can't wait for the release.
I need it gif

SP HONEST REVIEW 2
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spark in the Ashes is my first journey into the world of Nikki Groom, and I never wanted to leave! I'm going to try and break it down as simply as I can before I move on to all of my dramatic girly girl emotions. Sadie Foster is filled with the desire for revenge every waking hour of the day, so she's now putting it into action, one evil douche at a time. One night as she's taking care of business, she comes face to face with Ramsey Dalton, and her world is never the same. Ramsey is the VP of th ...more
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

The camaraderie and tight-knit feel of the Steel Souls brothers and their wives is intense. It’s unapologetic, violent at times, and pretty damn explosive, but it feels like a raucous version of The Waltons… Bound by soul not blood, and in some respects, it’s a more honest connection.

There’s nothing to say what’s happened here, or who did this, but it’s hanging in the air, like a bad smell that no one wants to admit to.

My Review:

Spark In The Ashes was a tense read full of conflic
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)

HOLY HELL!!! Nikki's last name should be VROOOOM!

Steel Soul's Mc series revved my engines and I want more NOW!!!

Wow just wow!! Nikki gave us an amazing MC story.

You all know this is my fave genre, and Nikki knocked it out of the park!

perev-465x365

Sadie Foster is a sad broken soul on the path of revenge.

She is a beautiful and bloodthirsty package as she seeks to right some wrongs in this world. It will ease her pain to make filthy soul less individuals pay the price for her pain. Never in a million years d

Emma White
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG I was sent an ARC for an honest review,
well I couldn't put this book down.
For any fan of King! .. you will love Ramsey.
Hot Alpha Male with attitude and a heart.
can't wait for the next one!
Sara Oxton
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spark in the Ashes by Nikki Groom a sublime five-star read. This is the first book in the Steel Souls series, and wow what a first book, If I am honest I was getting a little done with the whole MC genre, this book has ignited a spark, that will not be put out. It brought a different side to the bikers, and it is a refreshing and honest view point, not the typical overused version we see most often.
Ramsey Dalton is the vice president of the Steel Souls motor cycle club, he’s hard in all the rig
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Aug 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF

“Look, we are upside down in a flipped car, you need to shut the fuck up and keep still for—”
The heel of her hand stops me in mid flow as it comes flying into my nose with a crack. “Get the fuck away from me you fucking psycho,” she screeches as she starts to kick fiercely at the driver’s window.

“Okay. Enough of the small talk. Who the fuck are you and what am I still doing here? I didn’t do anything to you, other than smash your nose, which by the way, you took like a pussy, so I really don
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
Spark in the Ashes is a fantastic initiation for Nikki Groom into the dark and gritty world of MC contemporary romance. This book delivered in droves, as it held many elements that make a good book great including suspense, violence, sex and the best part... likeable (even though a little fucked up) characters.

From chapter one this book makes one hell of an opening impact with a young woman who has made a very conscious decision to walk the dangerous path of revenge. Her reasoning becomes very a
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
Wow, this was my first book by Nikki Groom and what an introduction it was. I just had to read this book when I saw this cover, talk about eye catching, this cover is amazing!! The blurb had me sitting in anticipation because whew it sounded like a doozy. One thing that I must say is that there should be a bit of a warning that this book does touch on some sensitive topics. This by no means impacted how I felt about this book, well I did think that Nikki did a great job with it I can say that.

I
Amy
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Spark in the Ashes (Steel Souls -- Book 1 of 2)
Nikki Groom
4 stars

This is the first book I have read from Nikki Groom and I can say I am impressed. This is a good MC read and I feel book two will be just as exciting. Click this one up -- MC again!

Our female lead is one sassy girl -- out for revenge she is not going to let anyone or anything get in her way. Revenge is what drives her. She is a angry broken soul. Lies and betrayal are all over these pages and woven into this storyline.

Ramsey is
Love, Holly Xx
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love MC books, so I always get a mix of excited and nervous when I see a new one. Excited in case I love it, but nervous because what if I don't... I hadn't previously read anything by Nikki Groom so I new nothing of her writing style, but she definitely had me wanting to check out her other works after Spark In The Ashes.

The first chapter instantly draws you in. It's drama from the get go and it leaves you wanting more. Needing to know what happened to lead up to that point, and more importan
Natasha
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5* read.

Book 1 of 2 this isn't a standalone and so it does end on a cliffhanger, and a big one at that. I'm hopeing there isn't to long of a wait for book 2 as I don't know how long I can wait to find out what happens next.

The first thing I will say about this book is the cover is stunning. Straight away I would pick this book up just for the cover. Its unique, eyecatching, and would stand out on the shelf.

This is different to other books by this author and my favourite yet. A MC novel with a
Maria Angie Mendoza
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
O-M-G!
What an adrenaline rush!
This read was an emotional nail biting roller coaster ride. Fast paced, excellent writing I was on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next!
Well developed characters, I love anti heroines and Sadie aka Raven fit that bill! She was one badass brassy woman on a mission and she's out for revenge. When we're introduced to her, she's imparting her own brand of vigilante justice!
Who catches her in the act is the embodiment of alpha MC outlaw Ramsey.
Sa
Mary Mutisya-Astin
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Gritty, Dirty, Sexy Bikers! What More Could You Want!

Awesome book I could not put it down!
Sadie is a lonely soul looking for revenge when circumstance throws her into the path of Ramsey the VP of Steel Souls MC. Not sure I want to say much more than this without spoiling too much but this was an intense, fast-paced, action-packed, thrill ride of a book.
A must read if you are a fan of MC stories. WARNING: This is book 1 of 2 so expect a cliffhanger. Oh, what a cliffhanger it was! Had me lo
Jenn
Apr 21, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars.

I am having a difficult time putting together this review as I love everything by this author, I think this book just caught me off guard. It touched on some things I am not comfortable reading and I had to put the book down a few times but I am glad that I came back to it and look forward to seeing what happens next.

This book is written in Sadie and Ramsey's alternating POV. Both of them come from a dark, troubled past and Sadie is out to seek revenge. Sadie presents as a very stron
Dawn Herrera
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow intense, hot and sexy that's how this book starts and just keeps going. Love MC books and this one definitely lives up to them. Spark in the Ashes great start to a new series Nikki Groom does not disappointed. This is a fast paced book with lots of action and passion. Sadie and Ramsey are two lost souls until fate or circumstances bring them together and the chemistry ignites. I could not put this book down quite a page turner.
Amanda Williams
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love how the whole storyline has been portrayed. The story makes sure you stay on the edge of your seat. Such a gripping, nail biting read that will leave you wanting to turn those pages till you have devoured the entire book. It will definitely leave you wanting to one click all of this authors books. I'm going to be keeping my eye on this one for sure. I hope you all love the book as much as I did. Good read
Stacy
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow I'm hooked. I love that this story begins with a super tough ball busting chic. Sadie gives Ramsey a run for his money. She is hell bent on dishing out revenge. There is so much excitement and hot sexy moments in the book. I can't wait for the next in the series.
Tammy G
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I hesitated reading another MC book, although it's my go to genre and by a first time author. Thankfully my blip was momentary because Spark in the Ashes was a complex book filled with flawed characters. Parts were dark and twisted, made you wanting more. Sadie & Ramsey, the main characters and written from their POV's are opposites in many ways but are drawn to each other at the most basic level. You are left with multiple cliffhangers throughout this book, which I normally detest but it ad ...more
Elsa
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
No no no!!! Now what?? Where's Sadie?? She needs to meet her dad!!!! You can't break Ram 's heart!!!! Arghhhhh
Loved the story and am dying to read what follows! Very well done, Nikki!!! ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
MammieBabbie
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A darkly enigmatic and gripping contemporary romance...

Ok, so I'd never come across Nikki Groom - it's thanks to Claire and Wendy over at Bare Naked Words that I now have another brilliant writer to stalk. I mean follow. But essentially it's the same thing! Anyhow, I'm really taken aback by Spark in the Ashes, everyone knows I have a penchant for dark DARK romance and well, Nikki Groom has given me a hit of a very addictive and gripping duo here. I loved Sadie, and Ramsey... weeeeeeeell... I lov
Emma Allsop - Perusing Princesses
4.5 Crowns

Book 1 in the Steel Souls series, this book is unrelated to any previous work by Nikki Groom.

Sadie Foster hides her rage well. Outwardly she lives a quiet almost solitary life, however look a little deeper and she is a volcano waiting to erupt. Unable to forget her past, she desires revenge and retribution. Little does she know the path it is to lead her down.

Ramsey Dalton is a loud and proud biker. VP of the Steel Souls MC, he likes his bikes fast and his pussy even faster. Loyal to t
Sassy Southern
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sadie Foster is a girl on a mission. She wants to rid the world of men who rape young girls and seem to get away with it. When she kills Donny Carden one night she has no clue that she has been seen and that she has now put herself into more danger. When she ends up with a gun at her own head she realizes she could be in trouble.

Ramsey Dalton is part of the Reno Steel Souls MC and wants the fiesty Sadie from the moment he first sees her. She is not easy to control and Ramsey knows there are secr
Jaymie
4 Stars!

What I loved: From the very first page, this story starts out with a bang. Sadie is pretty ruthless when we first meet her and I am not even going to pretend that I didn't love it. I am always ecstatic to read about strong, brave women and Sadie is definitely that, even if it may get her into trouble.

I am a huge fan of action and I loved that this book is full of that. It seems like something is always going on and it was interesting seeing how things were connected in ways that the ch
Robin, Another Book Hangover
This was the first book that I have ever read by Nikki Groom and the one statement that I can say is WOW! As I have been on a bit of an MC romance kick here recently this one was a surprise as it was two strong independent characters are being brought to the table. The flow of the story kept me on the edge of my seat until the very last page and I *SPOILERS* Ha you thought I would tell you! NOT GO READ it yourself you will not be disappointed.

Sadie Foster grabbed you by the collar of your shirt
Louise
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: b-bbb
As shown on Books and Boys Book Blog.

WOW! This book was a brilliant read and I cannot wait for more. Nikki Groom has provided us with a great start to what I hope is a long MC Series. ‘Spark In The Ashes” is a definite 5 star read and if I could I would already preorder the rest of the ‘Steel Souls’ series.

Sadie is a bit of a lost soul trying to find her place in the world and learning how to deal with the force that drives her to seek revenge. Not only is she seeking revenge for herself but for
Louise Roach
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've got to be honest, when I first started reading this book I wasn't really sure where the book was going... It did take me a while to get into the story and become really attached to the characters. But I've also got to say, by the end I was totally hooked!!

In this book we meet Ramsay and Sadie. Ramsey is VP of the Steel Souls MC. When Ramsey stumbles upon Sadie, he wants to know more about her and why she's done what she's done. He wants answers! I liked Ramsey's character straight away. He
Dee
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
So it took me a while to read this one as I have been busy lately but when I finally got time to sit down and read it I couldn't put it down! This is actually my first book by Nikki Groom. And I am going to say that it won't be my last since I will be reading the next book in this series!!

Both main characters Sadie and Ramsey are fucking bad asses! And one thing I always look for in a book is that I love heroes who are fucking bad asses and can stand on their own. Especially the Heroine.The tens
Tara Bryant
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spark in the Ashes
By Nikki Groom

I love me a good Motorcycle club book! Throw in suspense and intense sexual chemistry and you have Spark in the Ashes!

"But there is no way I can let her go after watching her tonight. I need to know more. I need to know why. And she is going to pay back the debt that she took away from me by putting a bullet in Donny Carden’s head."

Sadie, lost girl looking for revenge, and Ramsey, the VP of the Steel Souls, have overcome horrible things throughout their lives. Ev
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Nikki Groom is a hopeless romantic, lover of all things happily ever after and firm believer that love makes the world go around.
In her spare time, you will find Nikki laughing with her very treasured family, walking with her beloved dog in the hundred acre wood or curled up in a cosy corner with words and wine.
She lives in East Sussex with her husband and two children. Having turned her hand to
More about Nikki Groom

Steel Souls MC (2 books)
  • Fire in the Stars (Steel Souls MC #2)