Start by marking “Cold Ridge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cold Ridge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1)

Cold Ridge

(Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals #1)

A murderous plan is put in motion…with stakes higher than anyone can imagine.

Award-winning photographer Carine Winter does whatever it takes to get the perfect shot. So she accepts the job of photographing Sterling Rancourt's historic Boston home knowing she's taking a risk—she could run into Tyler North, the pararescuer who all but left her at the altar a year ago. Th

Published July 1st 2016 by MIRA (first published January 12th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Cold Ridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Ridge

Cheri
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had read the novella that CN wrote prior to this book so I decided to continue with the series. I loved this first book. Good mystery, suspense ,romance and family dedication.
Pam Jenoff
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for romance combined with mystery, look no further than Carla's excellent books. Here, Carine returns to photograph a historic home in the city where her ex-fiance Tyler broke her heart, only to become embroiled in the dangerous mystery of who killed Tyler's best friend. Phenomenal!
Delta
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Delta by: poached from Paris' shelf
It could have been so much better

Some of the character building, like the background about Antonia, made it seem like this was a spin off of another series. It seemed like a lot of background was missing--character development lacking for the main characters.

Cold Ridge was a struggle for me to finish, and I will not continue with the rest of the series.

Darcia Helle
This book left me both wanting more and wanting less. I wanted more character development. I didn't feel connected to them at all and their motivations were often unclear. Carine, the female lead, was described as this independent, strong willed woman, yet her behavior and actions often said the opposite. The plot was interesting but slow and none of the action - suspense or romance - had enough substance to really hold my interest.

What I wanted less of was the unnecessary description. We're giv
Darcy
Mar 14, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery, 2012
This one was just meh for me. I didn't really care for Carine, so many times she crossed into TSTL territory. Tyler wasn't much better, his actions annoyed. Gus was funny, but then most crotchety old men are. The whole mystery part was boring for me. The only good thing it did was bring together all the friends.
Lucie
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, mystery, romance
I found this filed under Romance in the library. This is as much a romance as Catherine Coulter's FBI series. This is a mystery/thriller with lots of action. There is also romance but the plot turns more on the mystery and action than on the romance. Fast moving and well plotted this is a compelling read that kept me up most of the night. I highly recommend it.
Reni
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meh... couldn't get into it. But I hung in there and finished. The last couple of chapters were better, hence the 3 stars rather than the possible 2 stars.
Ursula Gorman
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters were flawed but well written. I enjoyed that none of them had a perfect life or had all the answers. It makes it easier to like them when they are more relateable.
Carine has a nice life that's quiet and peaceful. She and her siblings were raised by an uncle after her parents tragic deaths. Her uncle is overprotective, as is her brother and sister, but they all mean well.
Carine stumbles into something that has people shooting at her, she doesn't even
The book starts off with a bang, literally, when photographer, Corine Winters, is out hiking in the New Hampshire mountains and someone starts shooting at her. Ty, Corine's childhood friend, along with his fellow pararescuemen, come to the rescue and romance quickly blooms between Corine and Ty. Then, a year later, after a broken engagement, Corine moves to Boston where she finds a dead body in a house she was hired to photograph.

From there the action fizzles out til the very end where there is
Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary
This was just OK. If I had read this one first I might have stopped the series but this is a series that seems fine to read out of order. So I've read a couple of the later ones and liked them. This one had no real plot to me. The 2 main characters aren't even the center of the action most of the time. They are mostly thinking and talking about the trouble other characters are in and hiking.
Kelly Moran
Jul 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
romantic suspense, always a good read ny her.
Molly Daniels
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!!! Still remember the plot and characters even years after I first read it!
Everydayreader1
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A RITA Award Nominee by Romance Writers of America for Romantic Suspense (2004), Cold Ridge (Cold Ridge U.S. Marshals, #1) by Carla Neggers, is a great read. Carine Winters unwittingly finds herself entangled in a dangerous murder plot when she is hired by a couple to photograph their historic home. And her former fiance, Tyler North, also becomes involved because of her and his best friend's actions, as the police suspect the friend as having committed the murder.

Carla Neggers writes complex pl
Sunni
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carine had her heart broken by Tyler North, and due to a horrifying turn of events it seems he is the only one who can help her and protect her from a killer. Can Carine trust Tyler enough to let him?

This is a wonderfully written book that kept me up until 3 AM. I couldn't put it down. The characters are interesting, entertaining and very believable. The novel has a plenty of suspense and romance and keeps its biggest secrets until the end. This is a great read.
Suze
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
COLD RIDGE : SHELTER ISLAND

Very good romantic suspense thriller, quite a bit of action.
But the best was the interaction between Ty and Carine- good characters-very easy to care about them. The novella included in this book was also very good- about Antonia and Hank.
Carolyn
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AND THE BONUS STORY MADE ALOT OF SENSE ! THANKS
Smnovember
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Not bad.
David A. Carey
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read. I want to find some more of Carla Neggers books to try as this is the first I have ever read.
Deborah
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't particularly like this book. This was my first exposure to this author. I don't think I will follow this series. I struggled to finish this book.
Lisa
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
interesting characters
Sharon stone
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very good.

It held my interest. It didn't hold it that I didn't want to put it down. She is a great writer.
Danielle
This was an excellent read. I thoroughly enjoyed both stories!
Heather Fuller
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book and author!
Joann
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok
Jennifer Kerstetter
Must have been a good book because after 7 months I didn't lose it and kept going back. Just enough of suspense to keep me wanting to find answers. Just enough romance to keep my imagination running. Successful book my Carla Neggers. I will read more of her novels.!
Linda C
While hiking and photographing near her home on Cold Ridge in NH, Carine Winters is shot at. As she is retreating she runs into neighbor, Tyler North and 2 of his friends. They help her escape and chase after the shooters only to hear the shack that Carine had been taking photos of, blow up. Police figure a smuggling operation had been disrupted and they cut their losses. Later that same day the 3 male friends end up helping in a rescue operation of a rich couple caught out on the cold ridge at ...more
Sandra
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was very good. The characters are memorable. I laughed out loud a few time even though this story is about a murder, great distrust between the main characters and suspense throughout. There are several threads running through the story and I could not guess who committed the murder until the very end.

Carine had her life upended when her fiancé, Tyler North, called off their wedding at the very last minute. They had grown up together in Cold Ridge and were best friends befor
Nancy
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Keeps your interest. Very entertaining. Suspenseful.

Carine Winters accepts the job of photographing Sterling Rancourt's historic Boston home knowing she's taking a risk—she could run into Tyler North, the pararescuer who once saved Rancourt's life and the man who all but left Carine at the altar a year ago.

Then Carine finds a body in Rancourt's house—and the prime suspect in the murder is Tyler North's best friend.

Tyler is returning from a rescue mission on dangerous Cold Ridge in nor
Gina
Apr 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad! I've seen a lot of her books on store shelves, but I'd never picked her up before. Her new book, The Widow, sounded really good, so I thought I'd pick up a few of hers to see what her style was like.

I really liked the action. It was perfectly spaced, with an awesome climax at the end. I think the final chapter could have used a bit more work. I found that the characters, although they had awesome jobs, just were not 'profound' enough. Everything seemed like the surface to me, too much p
Carol Risez
Tyler (Ty) North and Carine Winters in Cold Ridge, New Hampshire. She's a nature photographer and he's a pararescue fella with USAF. Almost married a year ago; he bailed a week before the wedding. This could've been a good book, but this isn't one of Neggers' best. I almost quit reading it, but powered through. Plot was ok. Story as a whole needed fleshing out. Characters were thin and not well-developed. I kept feeling like I should have read a "previous book," but this is the first in this ser ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Eyes of Fire
  • On the Edge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • Undercover Lover (Covert Attractions, #2)
  • Love on the Range
  • Innocent as Sin (St. Kilda Consulting, #3)
  • Linda Howard Collection: Midnight Rainbow / Diamond Bay
  • Run for Your Life
  • The Perfect Liar (The Last Stand, #5)
  • Everlasting Love
  • Coming Home
  • Collateral Damage (Silent Warrior, #1)
  • Traceless (Less Series, #1)
  • Maximum Security (Marty Nickerson, #3)
  • Dark Water
  • Fade To Red
  • Hush (Lodestone, #1;  Stark Brothers, #1)
  • Avenging Angel
  • Prime Time
Carla Neggers is the New York Times bestselling author of the Sharpe & Donovan series featuring Boston-based FBI agents Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan, and the popular Swift River Valley series set in the small, fictional New England town of Knights Bridge. With many bestsellers to her credit, Carla loves to write now as much as she did when she climbed a tree at age eleven with a pad and pen a ...more

Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals (7 books)
  • Night's Landing (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #2)
  • The Rapids (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #3)
  • Dark Sky (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #4)
  • Breakwater (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #5)
  • Abandon (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #6)
  • Thriller 2