Start by marking “A Perfect Caress (The Astacios, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Caress (The Astacios, #1)

A Perfect Caress

(The Astacios #1)

From the very first touch…

The moment suave businessman Dante Sanderson brushes hands with Lanelle Murphy, he can't get her out of his head. The guarded beauty resists all of his polished attempts at seduction. To soften the pain in her past, she's dedicated her life and family fortune to helping others, not chasing sexy millionaires like Dante.

Something about Lanelle ma
Published November 22nd 2016 by Harlequin Kimani

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Caress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Caress

Cathrina Constantine
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of the prolific author, Nana Prah, and after I read A Perfect Caress, this was one of my favorites!!!

A Perfect Caress is not only a romance story, it also has a mystery that can tear two people apart or bring them closer together. Lanelle is strong and independent and hides a painful past. The last thing she wants is to fall in love. But when gorgeous Dante comes into her life, she becomes wary and guarded, almost afraid to let her heart speak for her. Dante can't seem to breakdown
Brandi Elliott
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nana Parah has delivered a fantastic love story. The heroine is strong, beautiful, & independent while her hero is much the same. This is a truly beautifully written love story minus the drama that is found in a lot of romance novels. I gave this book a well deserved 5 Star Rating & I highly recommend it to all lovers of the romance genre.
Debbie Christiana
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read all of Nana Prah's books and have enjoyed each and every one, including A Perfect Caress.

While it's straight up romance, Ms. Prah writes her stories to be so much more. Strong women, engaging characters and family bonds and commitment are always at the forefront.

Lanelle has a tragic past and a secret. Dante has baggage but is hopeful that their connection which begins with his niece, Vanessa, and hits a few obstacles along the way, will get stronger. Lanelle is still hesitant - will
Biggaletta Day
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nice emotional read, and brave tackling difficult issues. With a neat happy ending - alas if only real life was like that. Highly recommended, and don't be put off if you think it starts too slow. I did but after a few chapters it picked up, so glad I stuck with it. The only thing I'll say is how the hero did not clue about her brother at the ball. Oh well, still a good read.
Book-Lover Book Blog
This book seriously needs to be a movie! Why has no production company picked this up? It’s so beautifully written that the characters and the scenes scream out at you. I though I was at a movie premiere!

I loved Lanelle (Eliana Astacio) Murphy’s character, though I found some scenes with her a little off where I disliked her a little, but we all need that something not to like in a character. Not everyone is perfect.

Dante is one gorgeous hunk, and extremely tenacious in getting what he wants.
Teri
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually do 5 stars on reviews mainly because people tend to look and not take it seriously. I have read a couple of this authors books and she always gets it. The power that is sexy and alluring and enticing to a reader that a strong woman can and does fall in love. I love that in this case Lanelle stood firm when things were a little fishy and didn't back down when she was pressured to let it go. But she also had secrets that were bad enough to cause destruction when and if they were re ...more
Lorraine Darrell
Down to Earth

Enjoyed the story. Even though she was an heiress she did not flaunt her wealth. Will there be more to read about the Astacios;
I certainly hope so!
Zee Monodee
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, romance
That happy sigh you get at the end of a good book? You get it here! Nana Prah totally delivers feel-good, amazing romance!
Toni
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romantic-fiction
I like the characters and the storyline is good. It just seemed to drag at times. The ending was perfect!
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description
Lanelle Murphey is an heiress. She knows loss, and a lot of it, as well as pain and betrayal. A coping mechanism? Using her money to help others realise their dreams. Building a beautiful neonatal unit, she meets the gorgeous Dante Sanderson. She has no intention of opening herself up to another relationship and more hurt. She doesn't need a man in her life, but it seems like fate and destiny have other things in mind.
Lanelle is an inspiration. She had to be the strongest woman to be able to co
Empi Baryeh
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I love the cover!

I also love strong heroines and Nana Prah definitely delivers on this. Lanelle isn’t just a beautiful face but a smart and strong woman with self-defence manoeuvres (one in particular) that leaves you in awe of her. She also has a good-to-a-fault heart that a younger me can so relate to.

A past experience has left Lanelle with no faith in men and relationships, but a chance meeting with Dante awakens a part of her that had been dormant for years. Even though she is
Jennifer Greeff
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying I am completely blown away! A Perfect Caress is the first book I've had the chance to read from Nana Prah and it certainly won't be my last.

Dante and Lanelle are magical when they are on the page together which is probably 90% of the time. The story is told from both POV's and though Nana does not use breaks to separate whose POV you're in, the change is done so seamlessly it didn't even bother me. Dante is a fierce male who knows what he wants in life the same way Lanell
Thai Holman
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was amazing. Characters so relatable and independent.
Beautiful book all around. Held my attention and unique not like other romance. It was refreshing , especially getting a independent woman lead 5 stars. Highly recommend it.
Tammie
rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2018
Destinee
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a gift to get me to stop talking at work. I work at a call center where they want to limit being talkative besides while you're on the phone with customers. I honestly judged this book by the cover. I love African-American author's, so I was going to immediately read it no matter what the cover looked like. She did an outstanding job writing this book and describing all the emotions throughout it. I personally felt the love, pain, & excitement through the book. I read ...more
Val
Sharon
Sep 14, 2018
Debra
Jan 01, 2017
Nana Prah first discovered romance in a book from her eight grade summer reading list and has been obsessed with it ever since. Her fascination with love inspired her to write in her favorite genre where happily-ever-after is the rule.

She is a published author of contemporary, multicultural romances. Her books are sweet with a touch of spice. When she’s not writing she’s, over-indulging in chocola

The Astacios (2 books)
  • Path to Passion (The Astacios, #2)