Start by marking “Dancing Bearfoot (Green Valley Shifters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dancing Bearfoot (Green Valley Shifters, #1)

Dancing Bearfoot

(Green Valley Shifters #1)

A single dad from the city + his daughter's BBW teacher + a surprise snow storm = a steamy story that will melt your heart.

Patricia works hard to keep her small-town preschool afloat, and the last thing she needs is trouble from the arrogant single father of her newest student. But when the stunningly handsome man captures her heart with a single look, trouble is what's
Published February 13th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Dancing Bearfoot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing Bearfoot

Start your review of Dancing Bearfoot (Green Valley Shifters, #1)
Yesenia Gonzalez
Dancing bearfoot is a cute story of a single dad meeting his soulmate, he never believed until he laid eyes on his daughters beautiful teacher. Loved his relationship with his daughter and his nickname for her "Cub". I liked the short got too the point story.

*free on amazon*
Coco.V
Oct 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (10/14/2019)! 🎁
Cassandra
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I bought this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I own most of Zoe’s books because she is an author that is one of my favorites!

The cover is beautiful!

This is the first book in this series, and it is for adults only due to the steamy content.

This book had me from single dad. Lee is amazing with his daughter. I always find this incredibly sexy
Darla Taylor
Lee is a bear shifter, billionaire, and single father who's moved to the small town of Green Valley as a quiet place to raise his daughter, Clara. When he meets Clara's new preschool teacher he realizes she's his soulmate although he'd never believed they'd existed. Patricia is a preschool teacher and waitress trying to keep her school in business and believes she has no time for romance. But she can't fight her attraction to Lee and when she brings Clara home one afternoon due to a snow storm, ...more
Gale Albright
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s a cute short shifter story with all the insta-love due to them being mates. I enjoyed it and plan to read more in the series.
Shyla Colt
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic short read! I loved Patricia. The down to earth preschool teacher was sweet, funny, and so worthy of a man who would do anything to keep her happy. In the tiny town where new mean always garnered attention, she caught the eye of the sexy single father, Lee Mongomery. Lee has a secret, he's s bear shifter. Of course he doesn't let that minor detail stop him from courting Ms.Patricia.

Completely devoted to his little girl, Lee Montgomery is a mountain of a man you can't help but love. He
Lara
Probably my least favorite of the Green Valley Shifters (I've read 3 of the 4 out so far) but still an enjoyable read.

Maybe part of my problem was it was the shortest of the ones I've read so far. Books 2 and 3 are each about 150 pages, while this one is about 90. Not that I would have wanted an extra 60 pages of Patricia angsting away over Lee's deceased wife and their relationship, or brooding over their miscommunication (that she allowed to happen by not letting him finish what he was saying!
Joetta Spurling
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
No cookie-cutter romance here!

Kindle Unlimited purchase
By Zoe Chant
One thing I have to point out: this is a short story. But it does not read as one! You have character development, LOTS OF SEX, and a plot that carries from cover to cover. I didn't get to the end and feel like I was missing some of the book. Lot of writers need to understand this point. Cookie cutter romance books don't cut it. And that is something that ZC does do. I'm on to book 2.
This book is about a single father and how he
Emily Lindsey
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute love story that is easy to get lost in, I started reading this and didn't stop until the last page. The characters were lovable and the plot was easy to follow with a flow that just makes you want to keep reading chapter after chapter. This is a complete story, but the first in a series, and there were enough hints built in to make me wonder which character will be given their own story, which ones will be more fully developed in future books, and who was behind the wheel of that car near ...more
Janet Hendricks
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Read

As always Zoe Chant has crafted an entertaining story. It's about sexy bear shifter Lee and his precocious 4 year old daughter Clara who both fall for Clara's preschool teacher Patricia. Patricia is unaware of the shifter's living in her home town but that's going to change because the first time Lee meets Patricia, he knows she is his mate. Can a human, a bear and a cub find happiness forever after? This is a fun read with well developed characters you'll love. This is a lovely start
Jennifer Holzapfel
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Leland "Lee" is a bear shifter with young daughter Clara has moved to a small town that has other shifters. His daughter's preschool teacher Patricia is his soul mate, something he never believed in. Patricia finds herself very attracted to Lee, not knowing he is a billionaire or a bear shifter. Patricia has always lived in town and didn't know that shape shifters were real. Will Patricia be able to love a widower bear shifter, or will the whole soul mate thing make here feel second place to his ...more
E Oygard
Jan 30, 2021 rated it liked it
Usual misinterpretation to keep plot moving and an abrupt ending.

A sweet story where Pre School teacher Patricia meets single dad billionaire Lee when he brings his daughter Clara to her school.
Unknown to Patricia, Lee is a bear shifter.
The story, while being ok, is the usual one churned out by authors. Lack of communication, misinterpretation of meanings by the characters, words left unspoken, until all is resolved. But with this particular story - what an abrupt ending! I read a sentence, tu
Terry Sasada
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the way this book came together. Lee is a bear shifter, new to the small town and a single dad to a wonderful little girl. Lee discovers there is something really special in this small town when he takes his daughter to preschool, there he meets Patricia, not only his daughter's teacher, but also his mate. He never actually believed in that until at that moment. Now to tell her that he is a bear shifter and she is his mate.... that should be easy. ...more
Jamoz23
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just a very simple lust at first sight book with likeable characters.
Enjoyable but a very simple read.
Likeable characters and a sweet little girl.
A few errors missed in proofreading and a couple of unanswered questions.
Didn’t feel like there was enough explanation about his first wife.
Was it Harriet driving the car that ran Patricia off the road? If so why?
Will be reading the next book about Andrea.
Rosemarie Grainer
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great quick read!

I have been meaning to read this story for awhile. Now that there is a book 2, I decided to get it. I am glad I did. This is a fun shifter romance. There is a small but of action, but a lot of great character development. The story has a quick pace, a hopeful tone, a character oriented storyline with some steamy scenes and adorable characters who you love immediately! If this sounds good to you, I bet it will be! Enjoy! I can't wait to read the next one!
Iluvbks
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun fast read. The story moves fast and at times a little too fast. The characters are believable and true to who they are. I enjoyed how the author reviled that Lee was a bear. Her are only so many ways to say "hey, I can turn into a bear."
The little girl in the book talked and acted like a 4 year old and that is something I liked, instead of talking or acting older.
You get your HEA and no cliffhanger. I am looking read more from the series
Heather
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a very sweet shifter story

I love shifter romances and while not a prude by any means sometimes I do get a bit embarrassed at the expliced parts lol. It's the magick of shifters and pack life that fascinate. This one was just a sweet story with a sexy bear shifter but no explicit scenes. I loved his daughter so much, such a sweet child. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Ms. Cyn
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Adorable

This was an adorable quick read. Patricia is a sweet preschool teacher who instantly falls for Lee. I was surprised to find out he is a billionaire since he is so grounded. My only problem was not getting a lot of back story and I would have liked to have read more about Henrietta. She could have been a much bigger problem for everyone.
Kayleen Lorraine
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I really loved this story line but man it was short at the end.. And over way to soon. I wish they had more of a story. I feel it was rushed at the end. Didnt explain much about the accident or if he bought the school ... I just feel it was super rushed... But i did love this story just wish there was more to it. Thanks
Gloria Everett
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful story

This was a fun and exciting beginning to a new series by the fabulous author, Zoe Chant. Lee and Patricia make a cute couple, especially since Lee has an adorable four year old daughter whom Patricia teaches. A few surprises along the way kept me reading late into the night.
Yolanda Odom
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Quick read

This was a quick and fun read. Somewhat different than most shifter stories. You have to suspend belief and what you've previously read about shifters to really enjoy this story. Once you do that then you can appreciate the plot. Doesn't end on a cliffhanger, but some loose ends that look like will be address further in the series.
LiLu
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
More Depth, Sweet

I enjoyed reading this story. It went deeper than instant mate lust, your mine. There was learning about each other, easy flow of familiarity, and a sense of rightness, and sadness. But as sad as the ending was headed to, it didn’t complete that journey. It ended with a sweet, loving l, happily fur-ever.
Lonnie
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh this was good

A quick read but so good. I really loved it. Lee brought his daughter Clara to a small town to start over his first wife passed away when Clara was a baby. Lee has a secret. Hes a bear. And he has found his soulmate that he never believed in at his daughter's preschool. And he must have her. He just hopes his bear dont scare her away.
Michelle Graves
Aug 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's strange 2 find out mate but happy that she feels it 2 but I don't quite understand who caused the trouble with her? Even though he loved his wife he knew she wasn't his mate but she felt like she was trying 2 replace his mate cause of her feelings but things surprised her about finding out the truth about everything. ...more
david l hutchison
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A delightful love story

After reading this story I had to give my wife a hug and kiss. I am not normally carried away with stories but this one stands tall. The warmth throughout got my grumpy self awake. Enjoy.
Cynthia Jackson
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this story

This is a completely sappy, romantic & erotic love story. It’s right up my alley. This is what shifter love stories should be, fun, romantic & light. It leaves you feeling really good.
Meleeta
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really good read, with a widower who's raising his little girl.

Lee move to the Valley to be able to raise his daughter in a place she could run in. He hadn't expected to meet his mate when he dropped her off at daycare.
Tonya D. McAnany
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun read

I have been reading Chant's books for years now and have never been disappointed. This is a sweet simple story that was very enjoyable on this late nite when I couldn't sleep. Sweet family.
Tania Rodriguez
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So very cute.

I liked it so very much!!! Very cute, very romantic. Funny at times. It didn't disappointed coming from Zoe Chang was mild because to me she is an EXCELLENT writer. 😍😍😍
I recommend it. Cute & very romantic.
Kim
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute quick read

This is a cute quick read but not a lot of substance. So short you don't have time to get invested in the story. I do plan to read the next book in the series to see if the writing gets better. Ok read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Fake Fiancée Mate (The Single Shift #2)
  • Pack Wolf (Wilde Brothers Ranch, #3)
  • Fake Date Mate (The Single Shift #1)
  • Survival Wolf (Wilde Brothers Ranch #2)
  • Kelos: Spring (Shifter Seasons #4)
  • The Dragon Prince of Alaska (Royal Dragons of Alaska, #1)
  • Hex: Winter (Shifter Seasons #1)
  • Laura's Wolf (Werewolf Marines, # 1)
  • Axel: Summer (Shifter Seasons Book 8)
  • Eric (Strauss Bear Shifter Brothers of Colorado #2)
  • Doctor Dragon's Fake Bride (Irish Dragon Shifter Brothers #2)
  • Billionaire Dragon's Nanny (Irish Dragon Shifter Brothers #1)
  • Bear Next Door (Shifter Protection Agency, #1)
  • Mac: Winter (Shifter Seasons #3)
  • O'Malley: Summer (Shifter Seasons #7)
  • Shawn: Spring (Shifter Seasons #5)
  • Bear's Secret Baby (Shifter Protection Agency, #2)
  • Survivor Bear (Bear Creek Protectors #2)
Zoe Chant loves writing paranormal romance. Over a cup of tea (or something stronger) she whips up sexy tales of hunky heroes and adventurous heroines to tantalize and satisfy her readers. Sizzling hot romance, no cliffhangers!

While series should ideally be read in order, all of Zoe’s books are standalones and can be read in any order. This includes books within series.

To get a free book for subs

Green Valley Shifters (5 books)
  • The Tiger Next Door (Green Valley Shifters, #2)
  • Dandelion Season (Green Valley Shifters, #3)
  • Bearly Together (Green Valley Shifters, #4)
  • Broken Lynx (Green Valley Shifters, #5)

Related Articles

“soppy smile, but he couldn't help it.  "I'm so glad," he said simply. "Clara's expecting pancakes," Patricia reminded him.  She was so delightfully down-to-earth. Lee swept up his shirt.  "Yes! Pancakes!"  He would stick to the original plan.  A ring with her pancakes, and he'd have Clara there for the moment; all of the most precious people in his life together at once. He rehearsed the moment in his head as they walked down the stairs to the kitchen, and imagined the words and Clara's laughter as he mixed up the pancake batter and heated the griddle.  He was wrapped up in his busy mind until he brought the first stack of cakes to the table–and found Clara setting it for two. "Where is Miss Patricia?" he asked, suddenly aware that she wasn't there, that he couldn't sense her nearby. Clara looked at him with big blue eyes, alarmed at his surprise.  "She drove away!" Lee let the plate of pancakes fall the last few inches to the table and land with a clatter.  "When?  Where?" "In her car!" Clara supplied helpfully.  "She said she had to go." Lee ran the distance to the front door in a matter of seconds, but the car was long gone, tracks in the snow showing her hasty escape.  He stood there with the door open, cold air swirling over his bare feet.  The sound of a car near the tree-shrouded bottom of the driveway gave him a moment of hope, but it moved away down the road.  He'd read her wrong.  Finding out he was a shifter had changed her mind about him.  Mate or not, she didn't want the complication that he was in her life.  This was their goodbye then; a cold, empty driveway and uneaten pancakes.  Lee stood there until Clara drew him back inside by the knees, complaining of the cold that he didn't even feel anymore. PATRICIA FLEW DOWN the driveway much faster than she knew she should, trusting her Subaru to stick to the road and power her through the wet, drifting snow. "I ought to have waited for the snowplows,” 0 likes