Start by marking “Hot Shot (Samhain)” as Want to Read:
Hot Shot (Samhain)

Hot Shot (Samhain)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  182 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Their passion rivals the fires they battle.

Peyton Michaels expected her assignment to be simple write an article about everyday heroes. Heroes like Hot Shot firefighter Gabe Cooper. She never expected to find herself running up a mountain, a wildfire nipping at her heels, her life in his hands.

And she never expected to be drawn to Gabe. After the loss of her husband in the
Published April 1st 2008 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Hot Shot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Shot

Danger Undercover by Charity ParkersonDear John by Nicholas SparksPoor Little Daddy's Girl by Normandie AllemanDestroy Me by Laura BaileyThe Wanderer by Shawn Kirsten Maravel
Sexy Men in Uniform
188 books — 182 voters
Poor Little Daddy's Girl by Normandie AllemanFlirting with Fire by Kate MeaderHot Head by Damon SuedePlaying with Fire by Kate MeaderChasing Fire by Nora Roberts
Firefighters
189 books — 104 voters

More lists with this book...

Jayne
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Firefighting romance..

The Bear Claws Hot Shot crew, led by Gabe Cooper, tackle the forest fires on the ground and reporter, Peyton Michaels, heads out with them to write an article on heroes, wanting to know how their minds click in dangerous situations after losing her SWAT husband a couple of years ago. She soon learns there's deep animosity between the female Incident Commander, a certain smokejumper and Cooper. When a rescue leaves the pair separated from the rest of the crew their own feeli
Elisabeth Crisp
Apr 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A terrific story! The firefighting scenes are so realistic. I loved it.
♥Eliza Marie♥ Goco
i like this alot..
Anita
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very interesting book to read.
MBR
Hot Shot is one of the earliest novels by MJ Fredrick and nevertheless a great one that makes for a compelling read. There is a reason why I continue to read books from her entire backlist because I know that she won’t disappoint me when it comes to the action, the suspense, the romance and of course the happily ever after that she delivers in her stories. MJ Fredrick tends to write stories that not only deliver a good dose of romance between two likable characters but delivers stories that tend ...more
Jane
In Hot Shot Peyton Michaels, reporter is writing a series of articles about everyday heroes. She gets her red card to become a forest firefighter and is assigned to the Bear Claws Hot Shot group. Gabe Cooper is the team leader and the last thing Peyton wants is to become attracted to another man with a dangerous job. Her late husband was killed in the line of duty while leading his SWAT team on a raid.

The chemistry starts the first day between Peyton and Gabe although neither of them wants to be
Carrie
TBR Challenge 2011- June Category: Contemporary. This has been on my tbr list August 2010.

3.5* I confess I can't remember why I put this on my amazon wishlist, or my TBR list, but I'm glad I did. I've read several suspense books based on firefighters lately, and didn't have a lot of hope that this one was any better. But I was pleased to see a realistically drawn heroine, and a story with more emotional depth than I'd expected. There weren't as many details about fighting forest fires as Nora Ro
Jo-Anne
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wtr, own
Gabe Cooper is the leader of the best Hot Shot crew in Montana, the Bear Claws. After losing his wife to his best friend his fire fighting job is all he has left. He throws himself into his work becoming the best in his field.

Peyton Michaels is a reporter who has done a series of articles that focuses on heroes who do dangerous jobs. Peyton’s latest article brings her to Gabe’s crew. Gabe doesn't want a reporter in his unit but she had completed the training so there was no reason for him to get
Deborah
Jul 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It is an exciting romance set amidst a raging forest fire (the first time I've ever read such a book!). I loved the romance that develops between, report-turned rookie firefighter, Peyton, and Gabe, seasoned firefighter team leader. The action in this book really had me on the edge of my seat at spots. I never knew much about what goes in to fighting a forest fire, but I have gained a new appreciation and perspective after reading this book. Ms. Fredrick is quickly be ...more
Andrea Akers
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot Shot

Excellent story about the hot shots and what the experience is like. Wonderful romance with great suspense as well. I have enjoyed other books by this author but this is the first suspense story up have read by the author. Wonderful story by this author, I really enjoyed it.
Azzie
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have know words

I have no words to describe how I feel about your work.Your word bring joy to my heart and I love any story that you write.I'll forever be looking for a great HEF and in hot shot you gave me one,thanks from one of your favorite readers.
Sue Stewart
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
GREAT book! The action and suspense around man against "the dragon" is so captivating - could not put the book down! Loved the complexity of all the characters. Sexy Hot Shot firefighter Gabe Cooper was definitely my hero!!! Loved the banter between Peyton and Gabe!
Heather
This was a quick read, with a mostly fast paced (while somewhat predictable) story. I haven't read/heard too much about the details of wildland firefighting, I liked the perspective of being "in the fire" fighting against time & the elements.
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!

Being a fire jumper or a firefighter in the forest is
not for the weak... It made this story all the better giving the situation they were in. Gabe and Peyton were great together! I'll read more of this aurhor's books!
Kim
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this story. Peyton is a rookie hotshot/reporter on her first fire assigned to Gabe who is the best of the best hotshots. He cannot stand reporters and does not give interviews. This is so intense and descriptive I felt like I was on the front lines of the fire.
Kerry
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read with good characters and an interesting plot. I definitely guessed who the culprit was, but it still kept me engaged.
Starr Leeman
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing read!!!

What an amazing book!!!! This is one you won't want to miss!!! It was a great romance but it had awesome action and mystery as well. It is a must read!!!!
Deborah Melendy
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

A tribute to those that serve and protect and do all those things that make them hero's plus a great story about love
Judi Radtke
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story good twists and turns

Enjoyed and will read more of this author
Developed characters well and I will never do another review because you have to count your words
Bruce
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Story smoking hot!

Wow.... very quick read. Truly couldn't put the book down. Smoke, flames, and grit will have you getting up for water..five stars to MJ Fredrick.
Mandy
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I read by M.J. Fredrick and I was not disappointed! I couldn't put the book down and ended up reading it in one night. I look forward to reading other books by the author!
Michelle A.M. Masicampo
Jean
rated it it was ok
Jul 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • When One Night Isn't Enough (Madrin Memorial Hospital, #1)
  • The Best Man
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Worth the Trip
  • The Fall of Maggie Brown
  • Going the Distance
  • Man Trouble
  • Cullen's Bride
  • Soul Survivor (Lost Worlds, #1)
  • House of Glass
  • Secret Admirer
  • A Just Deception (Private Protectors, #3)
  • Falling Hard
  • Wanted (Deadly Secrets #2)
  • Breaking The Rules
  • Catch Me
  • Deadly is the Kiss (Primal Instinct World, #1)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Light Before Day
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Into the Light (The Light, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Burning Man (Gideon and Sirius, #1)
  • Disturbed
  • Cold Black Earth
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Guardians of the Night (Gideon and Sirius, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Man With the Golden Gun (James Bond, #13)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Belief (Emily Castles Mysteries)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
  • The Memory Child
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lucky Ones
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Gold (Night Soldiers, #5)
  • A Small Indiscretion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Octopussy and the Living Daylights (James Bond, #14)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Bones (Red Princess, #3)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
  • The Snow Garden
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • While the Savage Sleeps
  • The Technologists
  • A Density of Souls
  • Plea of Insanity
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Use
  • Emma's Secret
  • She's Not There
  • Heart Collector
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room with a Clue (Pennyfoot Hotel #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $2.00