Start by marking “Game Maker (Game, #2)” as Want to Read:
Game Maker (Game, #2)

Game Maker (Game #2)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  407 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
A new spin off series of interconnected standalones featuring your favorite Bliss series characters who are yet to meet their match. This time it's Zach and Danika's turn.

I’m a gamer by nature and by profession. I’m all about strategy, performance, and coming out on top.

Five months ago I threw caution to the wind, and in the first miscalculated step of my twenty-one-year
Published May 26th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Game Maker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game Maker

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5 Stars

Distance has never worked. Denial hasn't either. Nothing has ever dimmed the way I feel- and have always felt- whenever I'm around him.

If steamy, feel-good rom coms that are light on the angst and heavy on the swoons are your thing, then B.J. Harvey's Game series is your holy grail. Game Player was my first book by this author and I was absolutely hooked. Her brand of humor just clicked with me and I knew she had an insta-fan in me.

I'm a sucker for a older brother's best friend trope,
Lisa Jayne
May 16, 2016 rated it liked it
THREE SIZZLING HERO STARS.

"Every time is better than the last."

description

Readers, you are going to be salivating over this latest romance by BJ Harvey. I can already predict that this hero will be taking you on a one way ride straight into swoonsville and although I didn't fall completely head over bottom in love with this latest by bestselling author, BJ Harvey there was still plenty to find likeable about this short but extremely sweet (and scorching) romance.

What did I love?
If I was in the mood for
AJ
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 sweet, sexy and swoony stars

I love this book!

A girl in love with her big brother’s best friend is always a favourite set-up of mine, and B.J. Harvey has given us a beautifully emotional, fun and sexy love story that had me invested from the very beginning. Dani and Zach are dynamite together, but even better, they are completely open with each other, with a connection that is just as emotional as it is physical, and I loved every moment of watching them come together.

Dani is sweet, sassy,
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Game Maker (Game #2) by BJ Harvey
4 stars!!

“…because this is where the game makes us or breaks us, sweetheart, and I need to know you’re willing to fight the battle in order to win the war.”

Game Maker is a BJ Harvey classic recipe and is a recipe I have come to adore. We have great character connection, witty dialogue, it is hot as hell and another two fantastic characters to add into an already fabulous mix. Romcom gold.

“With just that one kiss, you had me seriously considering the consequ
Michelle
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
In book two of the Game Series, we get the story of Zach and Danika. Dani is Zander’s little sister and Zach is his best friend, a man who has known Dani since she was just fourteen. For Dani, she’s had a crush on her brother’s best friend since the first time she saw him, she just never expected him to return the favor.

Now, this spin off series does not require you to read Bliss first, but a lot of key players of that series play small parts of this, all being in the same circle of friends/fam
Shayna
Sexy, sweet, and downright hilarious, GAME MAKER is my NEW favorite read from author BJ Harvey! Dani and Zach were just an all around gorgeous couple. If Harvey keeps on releasing these smash hits, the GAME series will easily go down as one of my favorites. GAME MAKER is a book that will just make you feel good. It will make you all tingly inside and you will be blushing for days. This author blends together the perfect amount of romance and humor, and I can't seem to get enough it.

This, my fri
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Danika has been crushing on Zach since her early teens. He is the subject of all her fantasies. Gorgeous, sweet and sinfully sexy. She should totally make a move right? Yeah, well there is a slight problem with that I should probably tell you about. He is her older brother Zander's best friend. Therefore she is deemed to be completely out of bounds for Zach and she shouldn't be thinking naughty thoughts about him either. The problem is that her body has not received the memo yet and every time s ...more
Renee at Book Happiness
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
wow is really all I have to say... This book just pulled me right in and kept beautifully entertained!!!

This author is not a new author but is very new to me and I have to say I am disappointed in myself for not reading this amazing wordsmith before now!
Abbey's 1 Click Book Blog
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is my 10th? book of BJ's that I have read and one thing I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, she can write one hot as heck male character - regardless if they are the main or the secondary, you are guaranteed to swoon over them.

"Say no, Grasshopper.. Because if I don't leave right now I'm going to kiss you. I'm going to do more than touch you... " - Zach.

Surely, most people has experienced the crush on the best friends older brother/older brothers best friend right? So when I
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Image

ARC received for an honest review

BJ Harvey has done it again with Game Maker, and *Shock gasp* I think #TeamTaylorSandwich may have a bit of competition for my affections.

Danika Roberts (Zander's baby sister) is the perfect combination of sweet, sass, sexy and geek. And has been besotted with Zach since she knew what it was to like boys.

Zach is just... can I just say that I am in love with a sexy Chicago fireman? I mean really, who wouldn't want to slide down his pole and play with his hose???
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 5 Little Grasshopper Stars ~

Well I will say it again…..BJ Harvey has done it again!! She can do no wrong when it comes to writing a book. As with every book I read of hers, I devoured this book!!!

Again it was so nice catching up with the “Bliss” group. I don’t think I will ever get tired of this cast of characters.

Game Maker is the second standalone novel in BJ Harvey’s spin off Game Series. In this book we again
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Falling and falling hard. Dani was the perfect sweet, geek, nerdy type sweetheart. I liked her immediately. She was everything that a young lady could be to make you want more. I had a lot of fun with her and the situation she found herself in with Zach.

Keeping things secret is never the course of action because what you want to hide always comes to the light of day. Dani and Zach made a blooming couple that just needed to be given a chance to have a real relationship out in the open. When thei
Taylor Freeman
Jun 01, 2016 rated it liked it

Didn't like the heroine.
She seemed shy at first but then came out of her shell. She seemed more like a coward to me. She was hurting the person she's supposedly crushed on and loved for 7 years because she couldn't be the grown up she claimed to be and come clean to her brother.

When their secret is finally out which of course wasn't because they came clean and did the right thing by telling Zander, it was like a quick 1,2,3 thing and smoothed over too quickly for all the build up.

I l
Lee
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Game Maker hits all my favorite sub-generes: romcom, friends to more, overprotective big brother's best friend. I truly laughed out loud so many times while reading dialogue, especially between Dani and Abi! The angst isn't overdone or drawn out, the heat factor is high and the heroine and hero are both quite likable. I hope Abi gets a book soon!
Alison
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
really enjoy this hot little read.

There is always something about Brothers best friend
MsChris1161
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, own, reviewed
GAME PLAYER by B.J. Harvey is another swoon-worthy love story. I can't seem to get enough of all of these hot sexy men so ready to fall deeply in love with these sassy heroines. The gang from her Bliss series, and the first Game series book are all here to provide plenty of snark and crazy dialogue.

This second book in the Game series features Zander's baby sister, Danika. Dani's 21 now and knows exactly the man she wants, Zander's best friend, Zach, the hot fireman. She just needs to convince h
Donna Wright
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series keeps going from strength to strength and I really can't quite explain, just how amazing, funny, hot as hell and down to earth this author seems to be. I have been a bundle of emotions and I found myself mixed with full blown tears and giggles that were out of control.

The characters that run through this series are what makes it for me.
Amber - TBR Book Blog
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Game Maker was a funny, sweet story about a girl and her older brother's best friend getting together and hiding it. Game Maker is the second book in this series but each book is a standalone just with interrelated characters. Nor does someone need to read the Bliss series (Game Maker popped my BJ Harvey cherry) but after reading this book, I really want to!

Danika Roberts is the baby of her crazy family. Her oldest brother, Zander, has been the father figure in her life since their father died w
Callixta
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Envie d'une petite romance qui ne prend pas la tête mais tient la route ? Voilà tout à fait ce qu'il vous faut alors. C'est d'un classique achevé mais c'est fait avec talent et enthousiasme , cela ne vous ouvrira aucune perspective nouvelle mais le bon moment de lecture est garanti.

Il faut tout d'abord noter que ce roman est le second d'une série de livres assez indépendant donc il n'est pas nécessaire d'avoir lu ce qui précède. Vous aurez, comme souvent, l'impression de pénétrer au sein d'une l
Shanda
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
A girl in love with her brother’s best friend is one of my favorite romance tropes. Game Maker is definitely a great addition to the genre. It is sexy, funny, and sweet. You will definitely fall in love Zach. Zach has felt the attraction to Danika for a long time. He has stayed away out of respect for his friend but he has now reached the point where he can’t stay away. Danika has always felt Zach is “it” for her so when the opportunity presents itself she jumps in. The major problem they have i ...more
Lindsey King
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
freakin phenominal book! bj writes her ass off and each book gets better and better. this one is utter perfection. I loved it from kick ass start to LOL ending. perfect amount of all the feels. I was so excited to get this book and loved it so much.
Nicole Reads
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing

What’s not to love about this story?

Seriously, there wasn’t anything I didn’t love. And how could I not? If this romantic comedy includes so many elements that make the story more interesting.

I mean you have, a geeky girl with a crush on a very alpha male that happens to be her brother’s best friend. And although Game Maker is a romantic comedy, it includes much more emotion.

The characters are so easy to love. One word and you are already gone for them. And let’s discuss Danika and Zach first,
Lisa Stinson
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book much more than the first one. But I will say that Dani was starting to drive me crazy towards the end of the book. I loved the story of the sister falling in love with her brother's best friend. Even though there was quite a few years in age between Dani and Zach, you never really knew it. She was very mature for the most part. I totally understood her wanting to keep their growing relationship between the two of them. Being in a large and intertwined friends and family, they ...more
Sue
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been awhile since I read the first Game book and I am kicking myself wondering why I waited so long to get back to the series. I love this wonderful "seemingly incestous" group of friends and family. I love the protectiveness of Zander for Danika and I adore the sisters relationships with their significant others and each other as well. Zach and Danika fairly steam up the pages something fierce and seem to be the perfect foils for each other despite the age difference. Zach is way more th ...more
Tanya
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book 2 in this series didn't disappoint. Youngest member of the group, Danika, has been crushing on her older brother, more like father figure since dad passed away when she was 2, friend since she was 14. Now at 22 has decided she was just gonna be honest with Zach and tell him. Do you tell you best friend, more like brother, who are into his baby sister or see where things go between the w of you before telling him? The consequences are high for all involved but will love and family stick it o ...more
Bethani Carter
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In book two of the Game Series, we get the story of Zach and Danika. Dani is Zander’s little sister and Zach is his best friend, a man who has known Dani since she was just fourteen. For Dani, she’s had a crush on her brother’s best friend since the first time she saw him, she just never expected him to return the sentiment. They have a lot to overcome to get their happily ever after, will they be able to do it?
Sangria
One of my favorite tropes! This was written so good. I've never read this author before but now I'm going to go back and read the whole series. I'm kinda glad I started right smack in the middle because now I know I want to see how all these couples fell, along with reading Abis story, lol. She was hilarious. Loved, loved, loved Zachary. He was swoonworthy. Well done.
Victoria
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is Zach and Danika’s story. It’s a fun, sweet and lighthearted read. It has characters you will love. I enjoyed the banter and the chemistry between the characters is sizzling and steamy. I loved seeing more of our favorite couples. Looking forward to reading more. I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book.
Rebecca
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet yummy and just Wow

What can i say phew yummy yummy yummy BJ Harvey does it again yum this time it's Zach and Danikas time wow hot sizziling off the page cannot get enough loved them there is no way i can chose a favorite so i won't i love them all so will you once you 1 click and read them GO
Jacqualine Davis
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dani and Zach are wonderful together. She’s a nerdy game developer with attitude. He’s a hunky firefighter with a huge…heart. I love the sibling’s best friend story line, but the age difference (not bad, 9 years) made this one even better!
  • End This War
  • Sweet Sunshine (the Pembrooke series)
  • Lasting Fate (Fate, #3)
  • Promise It All (Blinded by Love, #2)
  • The Fragile Line: Part One (The Fragile Line, #1)
  • Vision of Hope (Infinity, #3)
  • Revive Me
  • Working Girl
  • Only You (Second Chances #2)
  • Always and Forever
  • Conflagration (The Wellingtons, #2)
  • Chaser (Bad Habits, #2)
  • Hot for the Holidays
  • Teacher
  • Surviving Love (Surviving #2)
  • Full Circle (Rockin' Country #3)
  • Man Candy
  • Taking Tiffany (Breaking and Taking #2)
BJ Harvey is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Bliss Series. She also regards herself as a smut peddler, suspense conjurer and a funny romance thinker upper.

An avid music fan, you will always find her singing some hit song badly but loving every minute of it. She’s a wife, a mom to two beautiful girls, and hails from what she considers as the best country in the world—New Zealand.

Facebook:

• Game Ender (Game #4)
  • Game Breaker (Game #5)
  • Game Planner (Game #6)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Four Swans: A Novel of Cornwall, 1795-1797 (Poldark)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Choice
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Silver Linings Playbook
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“It is what it is. But believe me when I say I went into this with my eyes open. I knew the risk and knew deep in my bones that you’d be worth that heartache, and I wasn’t fucking wrong.” 0 likes
“You’re my best friend’s baby sister,” I whisper...
“I’m not a baby anymore.”
“Fuck no you’re not,” I growl.”
0 likes