Start by marking “Trusting Cade (Custos Securities, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trusting Cade (Custos Securities, #1)

Trusting Cade

(Custos Securities #1)

At 38, Zavier “Cade” McCade has it all: a military career he can be proud of, a successful business, and a close knit group of family and friends. A former Army Special Forces Captain, Cade leaves the military to create Custos Securities, a burgeoning protection agency that provides unparalleled security for both civilians and corporations across the U.S.

After a string
Published February 13th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Trusting Cade, please sign up.
Luna David I'm so sorry, I missed your question. Book 2 will be out in the next several months. I'm so glad you enjoyed book 1. :)

Start your review of Trusting Cade (Custos Securities, #1)
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bad-dialogue
This book should be titled The Kings and Queens of the Overshare. Every time they speak to one another, it's in monologue. There are entire paragraphs dedicated to imparting pieces of information to someone that could be covered in a sentence or two. It's draining and annoying, and I just wanted these assholes to STFU for two seconds. And the things they said to each other were completely unrealistic dialogue. People don't speak to each other this way.

Here's Maya explaining to McCade why he
Erth
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tristan James did a great job with the narration and really made the voices for Cade and Braden stand out, matching their personalities and character traits. I really am looking forward to hearing what he gives us for the next two books in this series when they come out in audio.

Cade is former military and current part owner of a Security Company. When his Co-Owner takes him to visit his sister, Cade meets Braden for the first time and is instantly enthralled with Braden. Braden owns a bakery,
Barbara➰
While visiting his friend, Cooper's, sister at her coffee and bakery shop, Cade is immediately attracted to her partner, Braden. But Braden has some problems he needs help dealing with. He has a stalker and the notes and gifts are getting worse. Cade and his team offer to provide security for Braden. Cade can't keep his hands off Braden but will Braden be able to trust another man with his heart or his body?

I picked up this book months ago. For whatever reason, it didn't hold my attention. But
~Mindy Lynn~

This was my second time reading this and I enjoyed it just as much the second time around as I did this first time.

Braden is a baker and co-owner of Sugar n’ Spice Café with his bestie Maya who is a genius with coffee and tea. He is also recovering from some really bad relationships and one in particular that has left him a bit broken. Braden is trying his best to move on and get his life back together but he's finding it hard to do now that a stalker has set his sights on him and keeps leaving
Catherine
*** 2.5 Stars ***

*Sigh*

I wanted to like this book and I am bummed that it let me down.

The characters were interesting enough and the plot was pretty standard romantic suspense stuff, but the writing style irked the heeeeeeeeell out of me.

I hate when authors tell me about the conversations characters have rather than simply write good dialogue and let me experience it for myself; it creates a barrier between myself as a reader and the characters and actually dials back my emotional connection to
Karen
You know that moment...the one where things can be saved or lost...

This one probably ended up closer to 2.5 than 3 stars for me but there's no 1/2 stars here and I'm not feeling like I want to split hairs so I'm calling it a day at 3 stars.

For the most part this one was ok and I liked it. Tristan James was the narrator so no problems there as far as I'm concerned. Mr. James is one of those narrators who never fails to provide me with an enjoyable audio experience when it comes to the audio
S.J. Himes
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: M/M lovers
Trusting Cade
Book One of Custos Securities Series #1
By Luna David

4.75 Stars out of 5 Stars

For debut novels, there are certain qualities that a reader can expect to find—clumsy storytelling, erratic character development, hyperbole and spurious motives attributed to characters’ decisions and actions—and yet with this book, first novel by the newcomer Luna David, I found none of the typical issues and every kind of good!
I enjoyed myself, and had to force myself to stop reading to do mundane things
Line
Jul 03, 2018 marked it as to-read
Freebie this month if you're a member of the GRRC group: https://theromanceauthors.com/lunadav...
Cadiva
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Urm I think this is a Goodreads mistake as I don't ever remember reading this one! Will rectify that at some point to see if this 5* is justified!
Lorraine Lesar
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I’m still reeling from the fact that Luna David is a first time author, overall this was delivered with confidence and a well thought out storyline, which I would normally expect from a more established author, I really liked it.

Yes, there were moments when her inexperienced showed, especially the sometimes, somewhat stilted conversations between Cade and Braden, that didn’t sit quite right with me, but hey! it’s her first book, she’s entitled to make a few errors, that’s how we learn, right?
Jaelle
Mar 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
I have no idea what book all the five star reviews were reading, but it obviously wasn't the same one I managed to work my way through with grim determination.

Putting aside for the moment the subject of plagiarism, looking at the book simply on its own merits, I was simply not impressed. There was a tremendous amount of exposition, which was then repeated multiple times in the dialogue, and I agree with other comments that the dialogue itself was absurd - people simply do not monolog like that
Caroline Brand
2.5 Stars

Looking at the ratings for this one I am going to be in the minority here.

This book should have worked for me, the blurb had everything I like in a story - but sadly it didn't for a number of reasons.

The storyline - the abusive ex, stalking and kidnapping - although popular could have worked well.

The bigger extremely alpha, ex military top with the much smaller but feisty submissive partner - I love that trope!

It was WAY too wordy. Full of conversations that explained things, repeated
Melissa
Holy insta-love Batman! Yeah, this wasn't a great story, but it wasn't too bad. The ridiculousness that was their relationship was seriously eye rolling, but beyond that, I had fun listening to this. I won't say you should go run out and read/listen to this, but if you are looking for something you don't need to pay attention to and still know what is going on, this is it. :D

The bodyguarding, eh, sometimes what they did made sense, but then other times I was like, huh, I would think a
justanya
2.5 predictable stars

A friend recommended this book to me and I decided to give it a try since the summary sounded interesting, the author was new to me and nothing else was jumping out at me screaming; “Read me! Pick me!”

The minute I started reading I was completely enamored with Cade and his former Special Forces team turned private security. Cade embodies everything I love in a man. He’s protective, smart, fair, reliable and cherry on top, handsome to boot. Cade is driven by his need to
Chris
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, lgbtq
I enjoyed elements of this book but I must say ..... it went on and on and on ! It really felt like too much was being shared and pages were written about nothing ! The fact that it was almost insta love didn’t help. In saying that, I’ll try book 2
Jilrene
I'm writing a review for Gay.Guy.Reading and Friends. I'll add a link when it's available.

2 sad and pitiful stars

I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Nerea
Nov 18, 2018 added it
No rating... DNF 40%
This books has just what I don't like in a romance... INSTA- LOVE and super slow narration... I can't continue reading when they just see each other and omg they are the Love of their lifes!!! Really dramatic and NOT real at all... I like my romances slow!!! Let the characters know each other a bit before thinking about eternity please!!!
Really boring...I try :(
Nat ReadingAllNite
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-loaned, amazon, m-m
Some similarities, but NOT plagiarized

I got this book, specifically because of a bunch of Amazon reviews accusing the author of plagiarism, or at least stealing from, Ari McKay's "The Harder They Fall (Herc's Mercs)". While there are a couple of similarities, this is a distinct work. I abhor plagiarists but this author did not deserve unfounded accusations.

What it is, is a very trope-y, cliche laden, stereotype-filled story. The 6' 6", muscled, tattooed, dominating Top, former military,
Heather Martin
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Audio review:
The first two books in this series is two of my favorites so I was excited when it was released to audio. I bought them upon their release but am just now listening. I don't have the time to read the books but I thought the audio would be perfect. First, just so you know, this is part one of a two part story. If you aren't prepared for that, you'll be ticked at this ending.

Now, for the narration. First, this story and characters do not take place in the south. WHY DOES BRANDON HAVE
Cee Brown
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
`•..•
.•.•) .•)
(.•(.• (.•`* Riveted. Edge of the seat. Nail biting good.

For a first time writer, Luna David brought it. Angst. Slow burn flirting romance and when the love hit, Cupid's arrow had no place to go but straight.

Baker Braden and ex-military Cade found themselves in the right place at the right time even if the circumstances was all wrong.

Cade was at that stage of his life when he wanted more. A partner, a family...especially as he had a thriving business, dutiful friends and family
Diverse
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Debut novels are a tricky thing. You never really know what you’re going to get. Trusting Cade is Luna David’s debut novel and I have to say it was quite wonderful. There was alpha men and baker’s men. There was protective best friends and crazy stalkers. Love and suspense written very beautifully. I cursed a few times and have to admit I was mad at Braden a bit but it’s okay I got over it.
I’m very eager for book 2 to see where their relationship goes from here especially with how it ended.
Kim
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Can't wait for part 2. Luna you have just been added to my list of must read authors.
Susan65
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Blogger Girls

What an amazing story for a first-time published author. So much so that I immediately started on book two, Protecting Braden, once I’d completed this book. Of course, this one ends on a major cliffy so have book two ready to roll or you will be tossing your Nook or Kindle. What drew me to this book initially was the cover and the blurb. I love military, special forces type stories, and I especially love when they really do know how to kick ass..and do it well. Zavier McCade
jackie thorogood
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was truly surprised by how much details had gone into the book.As a type 1 diabetes for over 57 years. Every detail was so on the ball. Fantastic details. Luna David you nailed it. Congratulations. fabulous reading
♥️Victoria ♥️ ♥️love books♥️
Loved this book!
Love Bytes Reviews
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Heart Review by Tammy

Trusting Cade is the debut book for Luna David and I must say I’ve never read a debut book this good!

Zavier “Cade” McCade has had a successful military career and now he has a successful protection agency Custos Securities, which he co-owns with his best friend Cooper. The only thing missing in his life is a partner, someone he can care for, love and protect.

Braden Cross is a pastry chef with a passion for baking and a very successful business Sugar n’ Spice Café, which he
Mari  Cardenas
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review.***

Zavier McCade or Cade, is co-owner of Custos Securities, and during a trip to San Francisco, he meets Braden Cross, who hasn't been too lucky in love and after escaping from an abusive boyfriend, is now being stalked. As they get closer, Braden will have to decide if he's ready to trust Cade or not.

I really enjoyed this book. Yes, it's long, but it was interesting and had a lot of action and romance (and some
Avid Reader
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Trusting Cade (Custos Securities #1) by Luna David
5 stars
M/M Romance, military
Cliffhanger Story
Triggers: Abuse, kidnapping
I was given this book for an honest review by Inked Rainbow Reads.

If I could give more than 5 stars for this first book, I would. It had mystery, suspense, love, romance and great characters.

McCade (Cade) is a hot ex-military man who not only has a dominant streak a mile wide, but has a soft side that wraps you in a safety cocoon and never lets go. I love his protective
Portia
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Zavier McCade is ready to settle down with his forever love. Unfortunately, he hasn’t met the man yet.

What starts off as a quick visit to visit family turns into the chance meeting of Cade’s forever guy. And while there were elements of insta-love, Luna David made me wait for any real sheet time.

Now, as for the suspense portion of this book. LOVED it. Cade’s man, Bradon has a stalker. He didn’t take the notes that just appeared seriously at first, but they have taken on an increasingly sinister
Lynnette Hartwig
Trigger Warnings: Physical & Mental Abuse, Rape

Really! A cliffhanger! I really hate those types of books which is why this only a 4 star review (could have been a 4.5 almost 5). I usually like to know that beforehand so I can make an informed decision on to read the book right away or wait until the next book comes out (I usually wait). I certainly hope the next book is not a cliffhanger.

Anyways, this is a new author for me and I really enjoyed this book. The writing was very good except for
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Untamed (Untamed, #1)
  • Diamond in the Rough (Four Kings Security, #4)
  • Pure (Trenton Security #4)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • Snow Falling (Haven Hart Universe, #1)
  • Challenge (Kinky in the City #2)
  • Eli (Leashes & Lace, #2)
  • Hug It Out (Haven Hart Universe, #2)
  • Their Boy (The Game, #2)
  • Join the Club (Four Kings Security, #3)
  • Top Priority (The Game #1)
  • Close to Home (Finding Home #3)
  • Obey  (His Command, #1)
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
  • Love in Spades (Four Kings Security, #1)
  • Under a Full Moon (Slate Mountain Wolf Pack #1)
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • Rocket Science
Luna David is a true romantic at heart who was fortunate enough to find and marry her soul mate. Most of the time she considers herself lucky to have been blessed with having g/b twins, but they're giving her a run for her money. She's a stay at home mom and an author, so when she's not begging her little monsters to behave, you'll most likely find her writing.

She loves anything book, coffee or

Custos Securities (3 books)
  • Protecting Braden (Custos Securities, #2)
  • Saving Sebastian (Custos Securities, #3)