Start by marking “Charming You (Thirsty Hearts #1)” as Want to Read:
Charming You (Thirsty Hearts #1)

Charming You

(Thirsty Hearts #1)

"Difficult to put the book down...read in record time, lol!" Can she trust the charm of an ambitious man?

Micky Llewellyn has trusted men before”"with disastrous results. Now, she’s focused on her career, her friends, and making sure she doesn’t let another charming man lie to her and break her heart.

Nick Halden’s life has unfolded according to plan. He’s on track to a

Published February 14th 2016 by Write Shout

To ask other readers questions about Charming You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charming You

Start your review of Charming You (Thirsty Hearts #1)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Charming You was full of skepticism and suspicion. Micky had been burned by some loser men in the past and let her hurt color everything in her future. When Nick came along like a tall, hot drink of water, she was willing to die of thirst. It was frustrating a lot of the time, but sort of understandable. Who wouldn't be scared to jump back on the horse after being bucked? Nick did have some secrets, ones that could hurt Micky's fragile little heart. However, he was mostly a great guy. Micky was ...more
Emily
Micky Llewelyn knew when Nick Halden entered her life something was about to change. Nick, claims he is single but he is hiding something, she just isn't sure what. What starts off as a friendship, quickly changes to something more and both Micky and NIck find themselves falling for one another.

Nick though had a plan for his life and it had a certain type of woman with connections that can help further his career, Micky is not that. When he is expected to find out information for the company
Danielle from Short and Sassy
I thought this book was going to be fun. To me it was kind of dull. There was several times I struggled to finish it. I stop and picked it up many times.

I wasn't invested in the characters and the plot was predicable.
B.
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Micky Llewellyn has a rotten day topped off by a dead battery. A gorgeous guy comes by and offers to help her. He’s immediately attracted to her and tries to convince her to go out with him. She has had bad experiences with previous boyfriends and is determined to focus on her job, particularly on the project she’s the lead on at the moment. We know where this going, right? But there are a couple of twists. Nick, the up-and-coming lawyer, is sort of engaged to an attractive, wealthy woman whose ...more
Beastmodebookpromos
Charming You by Kris Jayne is a love story that is relatable and very well written. The author permits the reader to learn and explore each character, hence allowing the reader to be completely engulfed by these characters. The romance story unfolds with Micky and Nick – Micky, whose trust is limited due to a stream of horrible past relationships and Nick, who is tied up with a family situation that has him tossing over. Kris Jayne truly pulls at your heart strings and evokes all emotions of the ...more
Paige Burton
Feb 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Easy read for a book with many grammar errors

I'm giving this book 3 stars only because it was a good story. Based on the spelling and grammar errors it should have received 1 star. If you are going to publish a book, please proof read word for word. A reader will read it word for word.
Wendy
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read, relatable story, interesting characters! Difficult to put the book down...read in record time, lol! Really nice to read a good romance that isn't over the top. I reviewed an ARC provided by the author.
J_Mc 251
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have mixed feelings about this book. To me, a romance should be a light and easy read, with two characters you root for. The romance between Nick and Micky was nice; they were both likeable, and their story was fun to follow. However, the author threw in too many other subplots that completely detracted from the actual progress of the romance. There was corporate espionage, blackmail, an ex-fiancee, an ex-boyfriend…it got very crowded. Some of these were mentioned and then disappeared, and ...more
Teri
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first read by this author and I really enjoyed it even tough I am not a big fan of insta love reads this author at least lets their relationship grow before they jump in bed. These two have some real deal crap to deal with between her past with relationships which make her skittish and his need for success. Both of them have some changes and actions that have to be dealt with. Secrets, lies, blackmail, work pressures and more this author most definitely writes a great multilayered ...more
Linda
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this novel, and I know how Mickey felt with always picking the wrong man to date! Upon discovering her last boyfriend was married with a child, she vowed to keep herself under control, until she accidentally met Nick Halden when he jumped started her car. Nick had an effect on her heart, Even though he wasn't married, her BS meter was ring loud and clear and she knew she should stay away from him but, they worked in the same building and parked in the same garage!

At first, I liked Nick
Monica
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book, supperb writing and interesting characters in this very lengthy and yet entertaining book. My only concern is that there were several little threads of the story line that were never tied off. Concidering the characters they involved it seems odd they would be concluded in future books in the series.

BP34
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was such a fun read. Very well written with fun characters and a great story line. Micky is a great character who has had bad luck in men until she meets Nick when her stops to help her with her car. He's a big time lawyer who's sorta engaged. The chemistry is immediate and off the charts. No spoiler here, but you will love reading this book.
Jade Aldridge
Would recommend reading this book.
Enjoyed it. Kept me gripped all the way through and I liked most the characters.
Some heartfelt moments, you feel different emotions throughout.
Page turner for sure.
Read pretty quickly as wanted to find out the ending (for good reasons)
Solid read.
Bunny
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Very Nice Romance

This is a very nice romance story, you really get to know the characters and there are lots of interesting twists and turns along the way, I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good love story
Alice
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good story line but explicit sex.
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
CHARMING YOU is the first book in THE THIRSTY HEART SERIES by KRIS JAYNE. This is the first book that I have read by Kris Jayne, but I quickly added her to my list of authors to watch for. Her style of writing is captivating and refreshing.

Micky Llewellyn is an awesome character. Witty, smart, beautiful, but boy does she have bad luck when it comes to men and affairs of the heart. She has decided to make her career in marketing her number one priority and forget about the opposite sex for now.
Jen
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was...charming. It was a good read with a heroine who has been hurt too many times in the past by the men she was dating and a hero who is getting out of a pretty dull relationship, he thinks...

Micky works in the marketing dept of a tech company in the same building as Nick, an M&A attorney. They run into each other one evening when Micky has car issues. There's an instant attraction and they eventually agree to go out for drinks. Micky is hesitant to trust Nick,
Deb Bishop
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given an arc of Charming You in return for a honest review.
This is a good debut book by Kris Jayne.
Charming You was one of those books that took me a little while to get into but once I did I really enjoyed it.
Mickey is concentrating on her career, her friends and family while trying to ensure that she doesn't let another charming, lying man into her heart after a series of disasterous relationships.
Nick had a plan for how his life was going to go and up until now it was going just
Lori
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t read a romance novel since high school, so I’m not too familiar with the genre. However, this one is much better than anything I remember reading. I like it better than a lot of romantic comedy movies as well. The main character of this novel, Micky, is very likeable. From the very beginning of the novel, the reader is clearly on Micky’s side and wants romance to turn around for her. The twists and turns of the story are modern and interesting. The scenes of flirtation and more between ...more
the. quirky. wallflower
Mickey is having a bad day...a not so great life.
Nick is willing to make whatever sacrifices needed to get to where he wants to be.
Mickey doesn't want to be drawn to Nick.
Nick is fighting his attraction to Mickey until he finds out some truths that are altering his views on who he is and who he wants to be.
How can the two build a relationship in a world of cutthroat business deals and people not being who you think they are?
Will Mickey overcome her past to forgive Nick's transgressions on
Momma Hellmouth
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-author
My Review of Charming You, by Kris Jayne
My Rating 4 Stars
What a fun enjoyable read, this almost felt like reading a old style romance.
There were some comical parts of this story, but one thing for sure the characters were fun and likable. This was a genuinely Charming book. Micky and Nick’s story is worth reading for those that enjoy a hot sexy fun read!
I have never rad this author until now, and I can say the storyline was great, the consistency of the story was spot on. The writing was
lovestoread
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Need to be honest here! I read books two and three before I even found out there was a book one. Having said that I enjoyed the fact that it didn't really make jumping in the midst of a series difficult.

Charming You does just that! Nick is charming beyond measure. He is thoughtful, considerate and hates that he is not being totally honest with Micky.

Micky is gun-shy having come out of a relationship where the dick was actually already married and didn't bother to let Micky know this.

Not going
Debra
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charming You, Charmed Me! Once I started reading it was very hard to put down. Mickey Llewellyn has been through some really bad heart breaking relationships and is just now getting her life back together when she meets Nick Halden. He thinks he has everything until he meets Mickey Llewellyn in the parking garage where he helps her with a dead battery. She knows Nick is engaged but Mickey can't deny the attraction. Nick thought he has it all until Mickey! This is my first book by Kris Jayne, ...more
Victoria
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Its funny and pulls you into the story. Micky is guarded and does not easily trust men. Nick who has his life already planned out is taken unexpectedly when he meets Micky. Neither are expecting the strong attraction they have for each other. Will Micky learn to let her guard down and let Nick in? Will Nick change is plans? Some unexpected twists. Kris did a great job. Looking forward to reading more. Received advance copy for honest review
Isha Coleman
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
While reading this book I kept thinking of a song. Neyo's " The Best Thing I Never Knew I Needed" would have served as the perfect soundtrack to this story. Scared of listening to their hearts and taking a chance almost cost these two something precious. I received an ARC of Charming You in exchange for an honest review. Ms. Jayne's has a wonderful sense of comedic timing that makes for a hilariously entertaining read.
Mel
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC review:
I loved this!

While mixed with romance and comedy are my favorite things, this story offers so much to readers. During the popular times of "50 Shades" styled novels, Charming You brings out the classy, heartfelt storyline, while still getting steamy. This is definitely worth reading.
Kim
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. Great story line and strong characters. Micky has had it with men and focused on her career and friends. Until she meets Nick. Fate and a dead car battery throw them together. What will be the out come? Will Nick be able to change Micky's mind on men?
Ginger
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nick an attorney is attractive and in love with Micky who works in the same building problem is he is already engaged to a Socialite with a jerk for a Dad and Nick handles his business dealings which is stealing companies and taking them apart, one that is being checked out happens to be were Micky works! How and what happens to Nick, Micky and fiancé or ex fiancé hmmmmm.

Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. This book will keep you reading long into the night. This was such a great read and full of surprises. I am looking forward to reading the next book by this great author. A Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no determination on my personal review.
Bette Stanek
Entertaining read that's not too over the top. The characters are relatable and while there's plenty of drama, it's not crazy drama. Both Nick and Micky have issues from past relationships they're working through, they don't trust easily. If you're looking for an easy, quick read it's worth checking out.
The MFRW Book Place: 6 Mar 2017 - Charming You 1 2 Mar 05, 2017 04:17AM

• Boss of my Panties
  • Tempted by Scandal (Dynasties: Secrets of the A-List, #1)
  • Beauty and the Billionaire (Dirty Fairy Tales #1)
  • Taming Him (Bishop Brothers, #1)
  • Boss Daddy
  • We Belong Together
  • The Voyeur
  • Second Chance Hero (Bad Boys Redemption, #1)
  • 69 Million Things I Hate About You (Winning the Billionaire, #1)
  • Driven (Southern Alphas, #1)
  • Admit You Want Me (Lone Star Lovers, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Unexpected Baby (Winning the Billionaire, #2)
  • Shining Pearls (Brunswick Bay Harbor Gems, #2)
  • His Curvy Temptation: Declan & Melanie
  • Driving Home for Christmas (Billionaire Holiday #1)
  • Endless Daddies (Endless Daddies, #1-5)
  • Accidental Lies (Accidental Love, #2)
  • The Sheriff's Bride: Country Brides & Cowboy Boots (Cobble Creek Romance Book 1)

Thirsty Hearts (6 books)
  • Choosing You (Thirsty Hearts Series #2)
  • Cherishing You (Thirsty Hearts Series #3)
  • Chasing You (Thirsty Hearts Series, #4)
  • Kisses & Kismet (Thirsty Hearts #5)
  • Two to Tangle (Thirsty Hearts #6)