Start by marking “The Lady Seals Her Fate (The Langley Sisters, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Lady Seals Her Fate (The Langley Sisters, #5)

The Lady Seals Her Fate

(The Langley Sisters #5)

Things were not going to plan for Miss Hannah Wooller. There was the small matter of a blackmailer to contend with, her father increasing her dowry so he could marry her off, and of course there was Alexander Hetherington. Titled and handsome, he had society at his feet, and she had recklessly coerced him into playing the part of her fake beau. Things had rapidly gone down ...more
Published March 11th 2016 by Vella Ink

To ask other readers questions about The Lady Seals Her Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady Seals Her Fate

Kelly Ann
I've never read a series where the author shamelessly reuses so much of the same plot.
Ursula
The characters were a bit TSTL and the plot was crazy unbelievable but I read it anyway, so it can’t have been that bad! 1.5 stars.
Virginia Tican
Mar 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
I tried to like this one but I just can NOT manage it. I think this is a stupid story in the sense that it insults the reader ~

1. it is obviously Contemporary because of the use of present day rhetoric making the Setting as well as the Timeline already dubious;
2. Genre is not Victorian or not in England (given the already Warped Setting and despite obvious English or London landmarks); and,
3. In Chapter 1 alone, the author writes about Hannah's day including paying~off a blackmailer like a wa
Yancee9
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Some fun dialogue. Unfortunately the mc was TSTL. All self sacrifice and lies. Blech.
Coco.V
May 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/8/2019)! 🎁
Sunette
Mar 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is waste of one’s time. So Hannah asked Alex to pretend to be her beau so she won’t be claimed by McDonald. When they were confronted by McDonald, she told him they were just friends?! Really?! For a girl that was portrayed intelligent, she was really really stupid! She kept on saying sorry. A couple of pages were like copied and pasted again and again. I’m sorry but I think this book was the worst of this series.
Deb Diem
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Lady Seals Her Fate by Wendy Vella is a fast-paced historical romance. This is a fairly short read, perfect for those historical romance fans with limited reading time. Ms. Vella has penned a well-written book. Hannah's father increased her dowry in hopes she'd have more suitors. Instead, she is chased by men for her dowry. Alex is pulled into her plan to avoid being married off. Their story is packed with amazing characters, action, suspense, humor, drama and sexy bits. I enjoyed this book ...more
Jo Ann M
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting!

Funny at times and serious at others. This was an overall interesting story, made more so by the fact that the writer kept saying how intelligent the heroine was, yet repeatedly doing idiotic things.

There is absolutely no intelligence in being blackmailed repeatedly over a period of years and then repeatedly by a number of people all in the same week. It just boggles the mind. All these different men are in her life that she could have asked for help yet she felt she could handle th
Bridget Lewis
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love in a modiste arrangement

Alex and Hannah have flirted in earlier stories and became business partners! Alex love of fashion and his ability to remain manly was interesting to me! Several times he states not only in this story that he is not a Molly?!! Hannah is headstrong mouthy and reeks of trade! Her father is pushing her to marry and she names Alex as her love interest! No roads in this series lead to a smooth HEA! There is blackmail, shooting, late night kisses and general mayhem! I woul
Kathy
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable historical romance

Alex and Hannah find their friendship growing into deeper feelings but struggle against admitting it. Hannah is being blackmailed and instead of asking Alex for help runs when the danger escalates. Alex chases her of course and even though the danger isn't over he rescues her in the end, their love is declared and all is well. The action drew me in and kept me reading.
Elizabeth
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I take it back! Alex is my favorite! He beat the crap out of the blackmailer and shot the kidnapper! Finally a man who doesn't leave his problems to come back to bite him in the butt! But were the authorities alerted at any point...of course not.
More importantly, Hannah and Alex have the most adorable sniping!! I love these two so much!! My favorite book in the series by far!!
Emma
May 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
I found the story exciting and adventurous. The drawback I found was the lead female character Hannah. For being five and twenty she panicked constantly, never thought things through to an intelligent conclusion and she never trusted her friends and family to help her in a crisis. The lead male character, Alex was realistic and made the story worth reading. He truly was the hero of the story.
Janet Denise Ross
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
LOVE SOMETIMES SPREADS LOVE!

4 STARS for a well written Book 5 of a wonderful romantic romance series set in the Historical Regency Era. Interesting & exciting story of a Lady who wants love and goes about getting it; while she has to untangle herself from the unwanted attentions of money hungry men
17 & Up Sexual Content: Yes
Linda Gildner
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laughter and thrills

This story was truly a joy to read. As Alex and Hannah began their journey together, the reader couldn't help but be amused at their interplay and swift dialogue. Just as soon as one gets comfortable with the characters, danger and covert activities grab the reader, leaving the reader guessing as to what will happen next. Amazing tale!
Kyra Carr
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Lady Seals Her Fate(The Langley Sisters Series)

I enjoyed this well-written Regency period romance. I liked the characters very much. I found that the characters of the men were more delineated. The heroine was one of the most irritating I have encountered in some time. The villain was too transparent too early. Not up to Wendy Bella's usual best.
Katterley
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hannah is fun and maddening...

...at least Alex finds her so. A fun read! A little racy but still quite sweet. Typos aren't too distracting, but her name is Hanna once and a lack of commas makes for a few re-reads from time to time. Such an adventure: mystery, blackmail, women in business *gasp*, you'll still have much fun with it!
Kathy
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Hannah's father upped her dowry and now she is being pursued by men who want the money and not her. Alex agrees to be courting her to keep them away. But she has someone blackmailing her. What will happen?
Sharon
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another entry in the Langley saga that is full of interesting people. This one has two different villains, one of whom is only a blackmailer, the other vicious. The hero and heroine are a funny pair, each oblivious to the other's love, but loving to get a rise out of the other.
Rosemary
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not my favorite character.

Hannah is not one of my favorite characters. I could not really like her, but I liked Alex. The book is well written and kept me reading and interested.
Vivswift
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a cute historical romance that had a rather modern feel to it. The age was historical time frame seemed nebulous —more of a backdrop rather than super important to plot. Quick read rather enjoyable with characters you could root for! All in all a good way to spend some time!!
Melanie S Read
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hannah awakens to love

This story is full of all the tantalizing repartee that is the precursor to a wild and satisfying love story. Awakening Hannah is the gorgeous and multi faceted Alex. What woman wouldn't love Alex?
Marie Rich
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Excellent Series. Although all the books in the series have the same basic structure, the characters make each book unique and very enjoyable.
MELISSA
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love and suspense

A bull-headed lady and a bull-headed gentleman make for a rousing story of intrigue and stubbornness before the true HEA finally occurs. Quite fun.
Tom Prejsner
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Romance

I like all of these five books . Please keep writing more of these wonderful books. Thank you very much
Janet Russell
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A love

Tale that is really a tale and not just a venue for sexual e counters. There is subterfuge threats gallantry and the unexpected love blossoming from a very deep friendship
Jean Smith
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is well written has a great hero, but, I was very frustrated with the heroine, for someone who is suppose to be clever she is a real ninny hammer. The story gets a lot better towards the end so worth persevering.
Denise Kearney
May 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Kindle-Free-Bookbub
Blushing Reader
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I throughly enjoyed this series! Love the banter and can easily over look the few editing issues. Now I need to know.... when does Ben get his story?
Alice
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
strong female

constraints of time period explored
Linda
Mar 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF. Could not get into the book, didn't like the characters at all
Goodreads Librari...: could you separate these two editions please 2 17 Nov 15, 2017 03:19PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 22, 2016 07:00AM

• Time for a Duke
  • Once a Pirate
  • To Tempt a Scoundrel (The Heart of a Duke, #15)
  • Nothing But Time
  • When a Gargoyle Pretends to be Santa Claus (Gargoyles, #4)
  • Improper Relations (Improper, #1)
  • A Matter of Time (Magic of Love, #2)
  • Earl of Westcliff (Wicked Earls' Club, #2)
  • The Security Guy (Office Aliens #3)
  • A Viking For The Viscountess (A Most Peculiar Season, #1)
  • All the Time You Need (Magic of Time, #1)
  • Her Secondhand Groom (The Grooms, #3)
  • Embracing Emily (Warriors of Kelon, #7)
  • The Nanny's Double Trouble
  • A Warriner to Rescue Her (The Wild Warriners #2)
  • Despised & Desired: The Marquess' Passionate Wife (Love's Second Chance, #3)
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • Whisper Of Attraction (Whisper Lake, #3)
Writing is something Wendy has always found time for, and as an incurable romantic, the romance genre was a natural fit. When her children were small, she would find writing time in the early hours of the morning, sitting quietly with her grandfather’s old typewriter while the family slept. These works, however, she says, will never see the light of day! She joined Romance Writers of New Zealand a ...more

The Langley Sisters (6 books)
  • Lady In Disguise (The Langley Sisters, #1)
  • Lady In Demand (The Langley Sisters, #2)
  • Lady In Distress (The Langley Sisters, #3)
  • The Lady Plays Her Ace (The Langley Sisters, #4)
  • The Lady's Dangerous Love (The Langley Sisters #6)