Start by marking “Love's Violet Sunrise (American State Flower)” as Want to Read:
Love's Violet Sunrise (American State Flower)

Love's Violet Sunrise

(Eagle Harbor #0.5)

With her brother facing trial for a murder he didn't commit, German immigrant Mabel Krause needs a lawyer who can help prove her brother's innocence. The only trouble is--she can't afford one.

Hiram Cummings needs money to return to law school, and the fastest way to earn it is by working as a legal clerk for the powerful and rich Rhett Vandergriff. When a desperate
Published February 9th 2016 by Forget Me Not Romances, a division of Winged Publications

To ask other readers questions about Love's Violet Sunrise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Violet Sunrise

Start your review of Love's Violet Sunrise (American State Flower)
Lynda Edwards
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Love's Violet Sunrise is a prequel to the Eagle Harbor series, giving readers some of the backstory on the central family of those novels. I enjoyed the glimpse of how the Cummings' began; as a reader I often wonder about the background of those in the story and sometimes many questions, especially about secondary characters, remain unanswered. After reading this, however, I have an even greater respect and genuine affection for this family created by Naomi Rawlings.

I really enjoyed the
Nancee
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The prequel to the bestselling Eagle Harbor series is also a part of the American State Flower Collection. Please read the description above for a summary of the novella.

Naomi Rawlings has written an intriguing tale of the Cummings family and the dangers they encounter. Hiram Cummings is an inspiring character, one who is selfless in every respect. His antagonist, Mabel Krause is an enchanting character with a strong will and uncompromising attitude. This blending of two very different
Gretchen
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Naomis Eagle Harbor series and was excited to read the prequel of when Hiram and Mabels family legacy began. It is a short and sweet novella that was romantic enough to keep my interest. Cant wait for her next series 😊! ...more
Brittany
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a very nicely written novella. I have read the Eagle Harbor series that this story is a prequel to, and I never would have guessed that Hiram and Mabels love story began this way, based on what I had read about them! It gave some interesting background.

Being a novella, things had to move at a much quicker pace than a full-length novel, however, I still felt very connected to these two characters. There was plenty of trouble for them to deal with and that made for an interesting story.
Sharon Paavola
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Naomi Rawlings creatively adds this beginning story to give the readers a window into the Eagle Harbor series family legacy of the Cummings and their standing in the community. I felt it gave me a deeper understanding of the next generation and their heritage that makes them who they are. Thank you, Ms Rawlings.
Debbie
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a novella about German immigrants Mabel Krause an her brother Dietrich. After being accused of setting a mill on fire that killed a family of four, Dietrich is put in jail and Mabel goes looking for a lawyer for her brother. With a suggestion from a family friend, she seeks out Hiram Cummings, who is not yet a lawyer, but got a family friend off a murder charge a few years earlier, before he went to law school, which he didn't have the money to finish.

Hiram doesn't want to take the case
Miriam Jacob
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The spiritual content in the Eagle Harbor and American State Flower Novella, Loves Violet Sunrise by Naomi Rawlings is beautifully integrated, making the story inspiring and meaningful to readers. The two main characters, Hiram Cummings and Mabel Krause strive to secure the release of Dietrich, Mabels brother from jail by convicting the culprit who got him arrested on a false charge. This faith-based book by best-selling author, Naomi Rawlings has wide-spread appeal. The well-developed ...more
Hanna
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh, what a fun small book! The characters were a mix of everything I like: handsome, three-piece-suit-wearing man, Germans, even the bad characters were developed fairly well. The resolution was pretty cliché, but I didn't think it was cheesy or anything. It was good for what it did. And the romance was very well done, although a tiny bit hurried. But really, who cares? I very much want to read the next book. :)
Beverly
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though this is a short story, it feels complete when it ends. Certainly more could have been written about the trial, etc. I am just glad it did not leave it so you would have to read the next book in the series. I will admit I would like to because I like the way this was written.
Shonda
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book! A story of Love, faith and obedience to God. The characters were lovable except for one ( you will have to read the book). I didnt want the story to end, wish it would have been a little longer.

Received a free copy for a fair and honest review.
Gwen Hight
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love's Violet Sunrise Historical Christian Romance(Eagle Harbor)

This is a very sweet story about a young man that wants to be a lawyer and he finds love with a young woman that asks for help
Nancy Hammons
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this little story on my breaks and lunch at work, I couldn't wait to get back to it. I had figured out who set the fire, but how was he caught was up in the air. It was a great sweet little story and I definitely will be going back to Eagle Harbor with Hiram and Mabel Cummings.
Lonnie
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It wasn't until I got to the end of this sweet little book, that I realized it's a prequel to the Eagle Harbor series...I thought Hiram's name was familiar!
Cindy
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great clean mystery/romance. Intriguing plot.
Mary Beth
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was so bored.
Jean Fauble
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Fills in a lot of unanswered questions. Read first to help the others.
juanita dennis
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caring When Others Refused

The title I offered seems more appropriate for this story. Because someone cared more about others than themselves God looked favorably on them.
Emily Grey
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really sweet. Hiram and Mabel are lovely together. I enjoyed the arson plot as well, even if it is a little predictable.
Cindy Harris
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good novella. Well written and a good background for the rest of the Eagle Harbor series.
Brittany
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Deanna Stevens
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
This story and the characters, just drew me in and I didn't look up until I was done! This book may only be 108 pages but it moves along quickly searching for justice for the immigrants and the accused. Arson, murder, suspense, and yes.. a sweet romance! I'd certainly recommend this novella..
Cynthia Marcano
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review...
I try to never read a series out of order. If a novella is published after a series but the plot takes place before the series, I feel cheated so I avoid them altogether.

However I am a Naomi Rawlings fan and I couldn't resist.

Love's Violet Sunrise's plot does take place before the Eagle Harbor Series, but I am so glad I read it! It is a wonderfully charming short story. I LOVE Hiram. I love Hiram so much I wish that the story was longer because I wanted to keep reading Hiram. He is
Trixi
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mabel knows her brother Dietrich is innocent of the crime against him. She goes in search of a lawyer, one Hiram Cummings, to help prove what she knows is true. Not yet a full-fledged lawyer, he tells her so and that he would risk his job to take on her case. Nevertheless, it doesnt deter her, but makes her more determined! What ensues is a tale of two people thrown together by circumstance, the pursuit of justice and just maybe a romance to span the decades!

I admired Mabels determination and
Elizabeth
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loves Violet Sunrise : Christian Historical Novella ( American State Flower )
By: Naomi Rawlings

Loves Violet Sunrise Is a prequel to the Eagle Harbor Series and also part of the American State Flower Collection by author Naomi Rawlings. I really enjoyed the story and the characters, both were easy to follow. Even though this is a novella it grabbed me right at the first and did not let go till the end. Be prepared to have some time because you will not want to put it down. This is a good clean
Bhriv
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love's Violet Sunrise, written by Naomi Rawlings, is the prequel to the Eagle Harbor Series which I have thoroughly enjoyed and was not at all surprised to be thrilled with this prequel! This is the story of Hiram and Mabel...thirty years before the series. Hiram--what a man on integrity! He's an honest man who wants to become a lawyer in order to help his fellow man because of a verse, "For The Lord loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the ...more
Kathy Heare Watts
DREAMS CHANGE
I enjoyed this clean Christian romance with mystery and suspense. It is a spinoff of the Eagle Harbor series by Naomi Rawlings. The story is face paced with determined young women, German immigrant Mabel Krause, seeking legal help for her brother and their friends who have been charged with arson and murder. The determination of Mabel to find representation for the men falsely accused takes this story into life and death situations and hiding for safety. Hiram Cummings wanted to be
Sally
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mabel Krause was a German Immigrant. Her brother was accused of setting a fire that killed the mill owner and his family, but he wasnt guilty. Mabel needed a lawyerand in hurry but no one wanted to take the case, nor can she afford to pay for legal counsel.

Hiram Cummings, legal clerk for Rhett Vandergriff, one of the most influential men in the area and one of the richest, needed money to finish law school, but when a determined Mabel showed up on his door-step and refused to leave until he said
Marilyn Johnson
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loves Violet Sunrise is a prequel to the bestselling Eagle Harbor Series, as well as part of the American State Flower Collection. I have not read either, but after reading this novella I look forward to learning more about the lives of the characters in this novella.

Naomi Rawlings does a great job at getting your attention and keeping it. This novella is full of mystery, suspense, romance, following God and more.

Mabel Krause is a determined, independent beautiful immigrant. When she seeks the
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Naomi Rawlings has a gift for writing strong characters who are confronted by seemingly impossible circumstances yet manage to persevere by seeking God's will and following it. I admired Mabel's tenacity in not giving up when rejected over and over. Her determination compels Hiram to recognize that his integrity took precedence over his job and dreams for the future and he could not allow her to fend for herself. The story is suspenseful as powerful men pursue them while they are trying to solve ...more
Winnie
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful prequel to Naomi Rawlings' Eagle Harbor series. I have read a couple of her other Eagle Harbor books and have really enjoyed them, so it was fun to read a background story about them and the characters in them. The main characters, Hiram and Mabel are well-written and likeable. Hiram is strong, protective, and has great integrity, but he is also caring and sensitive. Mabel is very determined and spunky, and caring of others. I loved the setting of the story, and Naomi has ...more

• The Lady’s Masquerade
  • Dianna (The Brittler Sisters #1)
  • Mail Order Mystery (Brides of Seattle, #1)
  • Dreaming of You
  • A Springtide Meeting
  • Wagon Train Baby (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #1)
  • You and No Other (St. Briac, #1)
  • Brian's Choice (Plain and Simple Miracles #0.5)
  • Teagan: Cowboy Strong: Christian Historical Western (The Kavanagh Brothers Book 1)
  • This Healing Journey (Heart of the Mountains, #7)
  • A Wedding for the Widower (Brush Creek Brides #1)
  • Longing for Forever (Sunset Bay Romance, #1)
  • The Frontier Gambler's Lady (Colorado Reborn #4)
  • Prim (Brides of Needful Texas #2)
  • Winter's Secret (Northern Intrigue, #1)
  • The Mail-Order Bride Carries a Gun (Brides of Sweet Creek Ranch, #1)
  • Peri (Brides of Needful Texas Book 3)
  • Lost Fortune (Unbridled #1)
Naomi Rawlings is the author of historical Christian novels, including the Amazon bestselling Eagle Harbor Series. While she'd love to claim she spends her days huddled in front of her computer vigorously typing, in reality, she spends her time homeschooling, cleaning, picking up, and pretending like her house isn't in a constant state of chaos. She lives with her husband and three children in ...more

Eagle Harbor (6 books)
  • Love's Unfading Light (Eagle Harbor #1)
  • Love's Every Whisper  (Eagle Harbor #2)
  • Love's Sure Dawn (Eagle Harbor #3)
  • Love's Eternal Breath (Eagle Harbor #4)
  • Love's Winter Hope (Eagle Harbor #5)
  • Love's Bright Tomorrow  (Eagle Harbor #6)