Start by marking “My Valentine Adventure” as Want to Read:
My Valentine Adventure

My Valentine Adventure

Parker Townsend raised his children alone after he lost his beloved wife to cancer. When his two little hellions placed a ‘Mom Wanted’ ad in the local paper, Parker found himself roped into an unwanted blind date.
Claire Lauer answered the want ad with few expectations and met Parker on Valentine’s Day, a day she hated with a passion. As an animal rights activist and a div
Published February 10th 2016 by Resplendence Publishing, LLC.

To ask other readers questions about My Valentine Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Valentine Adventure

Char (1RadReader59)
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For being short, this story had all the elements needed in those 60 pages for a full-on manuscript of a couple hundred pages. There are some books I have read that have pages that number in the hundreds that don’t give off the same feeling good feelings this one does.
It was funny in the way you had two brothers who liked to play jokes on one another as well as one-up each other. Then you have the touching way you have two young children ten and five who are worried about their father Park
Kathy Heare Watts
ANSWERING THE MOM WANTED AD

What a sweet, sexy, fun story of second chances and new beginnings. Take two people who both have had heartache, each raising child/children, and both typically avoiding the dating scene. Take children that want more for their parent, throw in Cupid for Valentine’s Day, dinner, a protest and a night of passion, what more could you want.

Parker Townsend lost his wife Cynthia to cancer, and he is raising their two children, Richie, age 10 and Tammy
Becky
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
My Valentine Adventure is a short, fun read. The premise was cute; I liked that Parker's kids put in the ad for him and his older brother's clandestine involvement. The characters are nicely developed for a novella, though the action is definitely truncated--most of the novella is their Valentine's Day date and the morning after, then we briefly jump forward in time to when they've been in a relationship for a while, and then the story's over. I'd have loved to have seen more in between--how their respec ...more
Kara Miller
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm always hesitant of reading / reviewing novellas because it takes a certain finesse to get the pacing right without it feeling like a case of insta-love strapped to a runaway freight train. I'm thrilled to say Ms. Daulton has mastered this skill! I was very pleasantly surprised with how well rounded both the characters were and how, despite being shorter in length, the story and their love developed at a reasonable and believable pace.

As a big animal lover myself, I absolutely LOV
Sarah Queen
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*** Reviewed for Amo’s and Sarah’s Book Corner ***

This really was a little treat. I love me a bit of insta-love in all honesty.

After Parkers children decide that he’s lonely after losing his wife/their mommy to cancer. Parker’s son Richie enlists his uncle in placing an ad in the classified section of the local newspaper under ‘MOM WANTED’ without Parker knowing.

Claire a divorcee of one and a human rights activist gets sent on a date by her 10 year old daughte
Badass Bloggettes
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny, real-to-life
This was a new author to my reading portfolio and someone who I would look up in future. I love when an author does a novella; I always feel it is a further insight to characters.

This novella was lovely; it really tugged at my heart strings with the fact that initially it was the children and their uncle who were the instigators of the whole newspaper ad. Priceless!!!!

The way the characters start out in the novella was lovely to read, the way their Valentine’s Day date an
Victoria
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
MY VALENTINE ADVENTURE IS A CUTE ROMANCE WHICH MAKES YOU WANT TO LAUGH AND CRY. CLAIRE AND PARKER'S CHILDREN PUT AN AD IN THE NEWSPAPER PLAYING MATCHMAKER FOR BOTH OF THEIR PARENTS. NEITHER PARKER OR CLAIRE WANT TO TO GO ON THIS BLIND DATE. WHEN THEY MEET FOR THE FIRST TIME, THERE IS INSTANT CHEMISTRY. PARKER AND CLAIRE REALIZE THEY HAVE ALOT IN COMMON AND ARE SO COMFORTABLE WITH ONE ANOTHER. WILL PARKER AND CLAIRE BE ABLE TO MOVE ON FROM THEIR PAST?

I REALLY ENJOYED PARKER AND CLAIRE
Tammy Tate
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful tale of two people finding love after tragedy. Parker lost his wife to an illness while Claire's marriage ended in divorce. Neither of the two take kindly to blind dates. Parker's kids get his brother to post an ad. Claire responds to it after some prodding from her ten year old daughter. Parker's brother, filters the incoming calls and chooses from what he thinks are the most promising before telling his brother what he and his children have done. After having several blind ...more
Judy Moore
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This Valentine's romance has a very cute premise. A widower's children place a want ad to get him a date. He's unwilling, but when his date surpasses expections, he is quick to realize he is ready to date again. But when he finds out she's a staunch activist, will he change his mind? Enjoyable read.
Ethel
rated it did not like it
Dec 18, 2016
Amber Daulton
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shirlei
Maddie
Mar 15, 2019
Stacy L.
Aug 13, 2019
Writing is the fruit to happiness.

Amber Daulton lives her life by that one belief even though she normally isn't so Zen.

She lives in the beautiful foothills of North Carolina with her wonderful husband and their four crazy kitties. Writing takes up most of her time, aside from her day job in the retail industry. As a fan of contemporary, paranormal and historical novels alike, she can't get enou