Start by marking “Scouse Gothic 2: Blood Brothers... and Sisters” as Want to Read:
Scouse Gothic 2: Blood Brothers... and Sisters

Scouse Gothic 2: Blood Brothers... and Sisters

Sequel to SCOUSE GOTHIC. Gothic/fantasy thriller set in present day Liverpool.
The same characters from Scouse Gothic return and find that their pasts and present continue to become further intertwined. Vampires and mortal co-exist and discover that the boundaries between friends and family, good and evil becomes even more blurred.
Included are maps of Liverpool marked wit
Published January 27th 2016 by YouCaxton Publications

To ask other readers questions about Scouse Gothic 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scouse Gothic 2

Start your review of Scouse Gothic 2: Blood Brothers... and Sisters
Nicola
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you haven’t read Book 1 in this 3-part series, I’d definitely advise doing so before reading this 2nd book. Although all 3 can exist as stand-alone reads, the different moving parts of the story will be much easier to follow if you read them in order. You’ll also get to better understand the key characters, as well as their backgrounds. McKinney definitely does a great job of developing his characters over the course of all 3 of these books.

Everyone seems to have a favourite character in thes
Chris Hall
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great read! The second in the 'Scouse Gothic' trilogy with the continuing adventures of a couple of vampires and their mortal friends and enemies. Fantasy, suspense, humour... it's got it all, and cast against the backdrop of present day Liverpool; if you know that great city it's an added bonus!
I see there's a map, but Kindle really doesn't do it justice - so get the paperback.
Great recipe for scouse (that's a type of stew for the uninitiated) and much like my own version of the classic Liver
Caroline
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scouse Gothic 2 picks up where the first book left off, with more dark humor, local color, and intricate plotting. (Along with a deadly array of antique weapons!) McKinney takes up deeper into his characters, chronicling the details of their backstories, which bind them together in a web of bloody intrigue. The ending provides enough closure to make the book a stand-alone work, but readers will without question want to move on to the third book of this witty, fast-paced trilogy.
Catherine Cavendish
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Although this can equally be read as a standalone, this book - the second in the Scouse Gothic series - follows neatly along from book one, with further exploits from the characters we have come to know, love, hate and be riveted by. As with book one, the story gets under your skin from the beginning and refuses to let you go until the final page, when you are glad to be saying a mere 'au revoir', while preparing to start book 3. This is a series you don't want to end. ...more
Kevin
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely superb read. Loved it just as much as the first book, and once again, we have been left on a massive cliff-hanger, so I’ll need to start book 3 soon. We get to know the main characters a little better and the story gets deeper. Loads of action and great pacing. Really enjoying this series.
J McAndrew
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
another absolutely fantastic instalment to the scouse gothic books, number 2 being just as good if not better than the first. the story carries on directly from the 1st book with vampires, zombie mice and avian angels, very funny at times delightful and a great feel for the Liverpudlian life "don't know if that's how you spell Liverpudlian" would recommend these books to anyone, brilliant. ...more
D.E. McCluskey
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fantastic follow up to the first book... it felt like I hadn’t been away. Once again, lovely use of my native Liverpool both old and new.

The story followed the exploits of the main characters brilliantly... my one gripe is (and I have a feeling this will be explored in #3) I really wanted to know what happened The to rats...

Great storytelling and gripping... good work Ian
Eiain
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ian is a great storyteller, and Scouse Gothic 2 showed great thought in the plot lines. Also, knowing the city intimately made the story move at a rapid pace, and made it more real for me.

Vampires are everywhere, we just don't know it, and Liverpool is full of them.
Annmarie Barrell
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excited to be back with the pack ..love this trilogy no black capes and fangs but plenty of cocktails crimes and family feuds ...love the way everything links and keeps you wanting more looking forward to no 3
James  Hampson
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great sequel

Well what can I say. Scouse gothic part 1 got me hooked. Now part two is reeling me in. Fantastic story, ends on a real cliffhanger. A pleasure to read.
Sam Davies
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
just finished reading Scouse Gothic 2, couldn't put it down and read it in a couple of days just like book one. I very much enjoyed reading this book and as I expected it was just as thrilling as book 1. I don't often read sequels because the books following the first one in my opinion are never as good but this one literally followed on from book one so it was just like an extention on the first book only with a lot more twist and turns that I wasn't expecting, kept me wanting to read on to fin ...more
Sid Stiles

• The Other Half of Augusta Hope
  • The Warlow Experiment
  • Pine
  • The Witches of St. Petersburg
  • The Covent Garden Ladies: Pimp General Jack & The Extraordinary Story of Harris' List
  • The Weight of Small Things
  • In the Crypt with a Candlestick
  • 66SICK
  • Fletcher and the Great Raid (Fletcher #4)
  • Fletcher and the Samurai (Fletcher, #5)
I was born and bred in Liverpool, but after leaving for University I didn't return to live in the city for many years.
When I did return I found the city had changed out of all recognition; gone were the boarded up shops and derelict docks, replaced by a modern vibrant city.
However many of the old buildings I remembered from my youth still remained, even if they now had different uses. An abandone

News & Interviews