Start by marking “Hideaway (Devil's Night, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hideaway (Devil's Night, #2)

Hideaway

(Devil's Night #2)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  16,285 ratings  ·  1,851 reviews
DEVIL'S NIGHT is returning! Hiding places, chases, and all the games are back...

BANKS

Buried in the shadows of the city, there’s a hotel called The Pope. Ailing, empty, and dark—it sits abandoned and surrounded by a forgotten mystery.

But you think it’s true, don’t you, Kai Mori? The story about the hidden twelfth floor. The mystery of the dark guest who never checked in an
Nook, 466 pages
Published October 1st 2017 by Penelope Douglas LLC

To ask other readers questions about Hideaway, please sign up.
Penelope Douglas You need more action, huh? Do I have to take my clothes off? :D

You need more action, huh? Do I have to take my clothes off? :D

You'll get the cover and blurb soon. They're ready. I'm just trying to get Punk 57 done before I try to get you excited about Hideaway. Soon, soon!

xoxo(less)

·  16,285 ratings  ·  1,851 reviews

Start your review of Hideaway (Devil's Night, #2)
Penelope Douglas
Feb 14, 2016 marked it as finished-writing  ·  (Review from the author)
★.•*°★ HIDEAWAY is LIVE!! ★.•*°★

Thank you to everyone who's waited and been so patient! As a thank you, the book is currently only $2.99 during release week!! Grab it before it goes up to its regular price!

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2yRPIZB
iBooks: http://apple.co/2xOQBnU
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2fK7Box
Pinterest Storyboard: http://bit.ly/2hpxYQw
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️! Hideaway (stand-alone book 2 of 4). The dark mystery continues as Kai goes head to head with his match!

Books in Devil’s Night series should be read in order:
Book 1: Corrupt - Michael Crist
Book 2: Hideaway - Kai Mori
Book 3: Kill Switch - Damon Torrance
Book 4: Nightfall - Will Grayson III

Hideaway (stand-alone, book 2) is ex-convict, real estate investor and martial art instructor Kai Genato Mori story.

Story takes us back to when Kai and his friends ruled their high school as the “Four Ho
CristiinaReads❀
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳EXCLUSIVE Deleted Scene is up on my site-> CristiinaReads' Blog

➳The four horsemen are back, and one of them in particular will do just about anything to protect the ones he cares for, but also, to claim the one person who has captivated his dark and sinful soul for good…

➳After reading that captivating ending from Corrupt , the question we asked ourselves was: “What’s next?” Well, Penelope is here to give you the final answer! Kai is back and ready to hunt down the one person who has sou
mel ☽
3 stars

first of all, im just grateful that there's an asian male lead because they are being slept on in the romance genre!!! like... why tho? asian men are literally so hot??

here's a list of asian men that have blessed my eyes:
- christian yu // i mean look at those tattoos tho yummm
- alex landi // this dude is in greys anatomy and oh boyy when i saw him i was about to call 911 cuz my heart stopped and i wanted him to revive it 🥴
- dev patel // can we talk about this mans glow up???
- hideo m
Tears Of Venus
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
Corrupt - 2.5 stars
Hideaway - 2.5 stars
Kill Swith - currently reading
Nightfall - tbr

2,5 very conflicted ⭐️s

This rant is one big spoiler

First of all, I would've never finished this if it wasn't for the lovely Arena. So thank you, girl, for making this journey fun and marveling at the stupidity of some of these characters with me. 💖I hope you fall in love with Damon even more in Kill Switch. 🙈

Speaking of Damon, I don’t know any Russian men in my life, but these Russian heroes are j
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3 STARS
But I don’t…I didn’t want to play!”
“Oh, you’ve been playing with me all night,” he said, a growl lacing his voice. “Run. Because I turn into a very different person when no one’s looking.”

Hideaway just may have been one of my most anticipated releases EVER. I adore all things Penelope Douglas and haven't read a book of hers I didn't love. After the high octane and spine tingling ride that was Corrupt, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Kai's book.

Sadly, I think my expectation
Samantha Young
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My brain is scrambled from staying up late to finish this one. All I can say is that Pen Douglas never disappoints. She writes the most complicated characters I've ever come across in romance, and whenever I'm in a book slump, she's the one to pull me out of it. The voice of her characters are always so compelling and intriguing. She writes flawed characters, my favourite kind, and she creates the most balanced gray area so I'm rooting for them. I've yet to come across another writer in dark rom ...more
Jennifer Kyle
4 STARS

[image error]

These four horsemen, rich and entitled were something else as teenagers. Their love of hard core pranks and scares on their friends and enemies on devil’s night has given them all secrets that six years later are still haunting them. My how things have backfired…

description

One of the horsemen is in hiding and he’s enjoying torturing all the others. All the while our heroine is linked to him in a way Kai Mori never imagined.

"I love him so much. More than I’ll ever love anyone”

Wheel
Chelsea Humphrey
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-deals, smutty
My emotions after rereading this book:

Favorite Quotes:

"Aside from what got him arrested-assaulting a child-abuser who just happened to also be a cop-he had always been a model kid. He knew how to party but never went over the limit like Will. He enjoyed women, but they never seemed to hate him for it like they did Damon. And he could be tough and hard and scary, but it never came off as mean like it did with Michael. Kai was the best of their whole little crew."

"People will think what they want
Snow
DAMN...this is fuckin awkward 😕

As much as i looked forward to KAI's story I really can't say what my assesments are right now...cause i m totally browsing in my dark confused hallways of my brain...

I've slept it over and I'm still not quite sure of what I feel about this story...

so, in case that was exactly the point of this book, to leave a taste of confusion and undecisiveness then it hit the mark, otherwise...

tsk, tsk, tsk...

First of all, this is my impression alone, so don't take that as gra
Wendys Wycked Words
Re-read multiple times !!

Let me start out by saying that these books should not be read as a stand-alone. You need to start at the beginning or you might get confused. I also know that in order to read the third book in this series, which is coming out on February 11th, you need to have read "Corrupt". So in case you haven't, go back now and get on with it ;)

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor go on then gif

As much as I enjoyed Rika and Michael's story in "Corrupt", I just knew I was gonna love Kai's story even more...and I was right (as a
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
4.5 Stars

Such a brilliant story, I'm speechless.Penelope Douglas proved for one more time how talented she is.I devoured Hideaway, it was fantastic,dark,mysterious and hot.I was so anxious waiting to see what will happen next.

Kai is one of my favorite characters, I couldn't wait to learn more about him.I loved being in his mind.Banks is also a unique heroine,I loved her.She is strong and sassy.The author did a wonderful job with the storyline where it switched back and forth from the past to th
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
“You don't know what I had to become to survive three years in prison for a crime I would gladly commit again.”

The following ratings are out of 5:
Audio/Narration: 🎧🎧🎧🎧
Romance: 💚💙💜🖤❤️
Heat/Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Story/Plot: 📘📗📕📙📘
World building: 🌏🌏🌍🌏🌎
Character development: 😎🤨🙂🙃🤓

The Setting: Meridian City & Thunder Bay Ontario.

The Hero: Kai Mori - went to prison for nearly three years for beating up a cop. The cop had been abusing his younger sister. Kai’s friend William was in love with the cop’s sister so t
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»
RATING: 4.5 Horsemen Hearts! <3
description

Hideaway is a riveting addition to the Devil’s Night series, one that creates a deliciously dark ambiance as mystery seamlessly weaves with romance and fears merge with poignant desires, leaving us breathless, on edge and craving for more.

“There’s something about you, kid,” he said.
“Around you, I get hungry. Like I’m starving.”

While the suspense and revenge plot offer one captivating ride, what makes this story intriguing is the mysteriousness surrou
Bookadmirer
This book was better than Corrupt. I enjoyed the journey. Banks and Kai were decent protagonists. The push and pull between them kind of annoyed me but at the same time I enjoyed it. Banks being Damon's sister was a big plot twist. I didn't see that coming.

I was annoyed seeing everyone's shitty parents such as Micheal's, Damon's, and Rika's. It was good to see Kai have decent parents. It's a good change otherwise, it would feel repetitive. Will was almost nonexistent in this book. Alex was grea
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️

The following ratings are out of 5:
Audio/Narration: 🎧🎧🎧🎧
Romance: 💚💙💜🖤❤️
Heat/Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Story/Plot: 📘📗📕📙📘
World building: 🌏🌏🌍🌏🌎
Character development: 😎🤨🙂🙃🤓

The Setting: Meridian City & Thunder Bay Ontario.

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

I made it a point of mine to make sure I read Hideaway before the year was up, and I’m so glad I did. I have no idea why it took me so long to read this one, it was on my TBR list for months, but better late than never, right? I am loving this Devils Night series so far and Kai was such an intriguing character for me in Corrupt. To date, he is my favorite character and definitely has the dark and disturbed traits down.

Each and every one of the horsemen has a deep, dark and disturbed story to te
Melanie (mells_view)
5 "He reached for me, and I reached back," stars!

This book was fan-freaking-tastic! Penelope Douglas weaves this story in Hideaway that feels like a darkish angsty new adult and romantic suspense hybrid. She does so much world building even though this a world we are mostly familiar with from book one. As I was reading I kept visualizing the characters in anime form. She pushes boundaries. She gives us a push and pull romance that feels so passionate at times it's mind blowing. She answers so ma
warhawke
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dark erotic suspense readers
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Type: Book 2 of 4 from Devil’s Night series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

It's been a year since Kai Mori's life changed. After their once best friend disappeared, the Four Horsemen tried to live a normal life while staying vigilant of possible threat. When a new lead emerged of their enemy's whereabouts, Kai knew he had to take the opportunity before it slipped between his fingers.

Nik Banks grew up believing the world is a bad place. She did everything she could to surv
Melanie

1.) Corrupt ★★★★

DNF @ 58%

I’m just going to DNF this and pretend that Corrupt is a standalone. You all, this is just awful. From the Japanese main character who constantly talks about dojos, to the constant grey area consent, to pedophilia and even incest. I can’t. I cannot do this. And I refuse to read a Damon redemption story for the next book. This is easily the worst thing I’ve read all year.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch

I'm reading this for #smutathon, which is being
Bhavya Marya
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: dark-romance
“No matter how you cover yourself, it’s never enough. You’re beautiful.”

Penelope Douglas' writing was great as usual.
There are so many twists and turns in here that I wouldn't have seen coming from a mile away. This is the book that I had forgotten the most about so they kinda surprised me again.

The story and the tension the author built was amazing. But it was hard to stay engaged in the begining of the story. The author managed to increase my curiosity enough to make me keep read
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
OMG!!! I got the best surprise when this just landed 😱 So excited...................

photo punchingair_zpsmamcplpg.gif
Jen
Another great read from Penelope Douglas! I will say that I didn’t love this as much as the first; but I was still very hooked to it. The main reason that my enjoyment was lessened had to do with Kai and Banks not really being the full focus of their story. It felt like this was one huge prologue to Damon’s story. Now, in saying that... it doesn’t mean I wasn’t sucked right in! I am extremely excited for Damon’s story and I loved getting history on what makes him tick! I just feel like Kai and B ...more
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
3 stars

shooting

Don’t shoot me please and know right away that I’m a big fan of Penelope Douglas.
There were many very good things in this book that I’ll explain later but also what I experienced as “inconsistencies” and missed opportunities.

Hideaway is Corrupt’s sequel and the books should be read in order.

I loved Corrupt: the thrill, the twists, the jerks the revenge etc. And I loved Michael and Rika. One scene was particularly hot and Kai Mori was VERY involved. Kai all myst
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
Rereading the series July 2020 to prepare for Nightfall!

***

Not quite as amazing as Corrupt, since I can't help but wish for a bit more romance, but I'm still SO happy we finally get Kai and Banks' story. There were so many revelations in this, it kept me on the edge of my seat!

Now I am DYING for Damon (and Will's) story!!!! I had a feeling about who his heroine would be and I WAS RIGHT!!

Thanks to the author for generously providing me an ARC to review.
Malene
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
***2.5-3 Stars***
One thing is for sure the author knows how to write a thrilling and intense story with intriguing characters. It’s difficult to top the book that started it all. Corrupt had it all and when I finished it and the way it set up Hideaway with Kai I was pretty excited. I have mixed feelings about Hideaway. Some parts I enjoyed and some I didn’t. Sadly the last part outweighs the first. I guess my expectations got the better of me. I needed more Kai. I felt Hideaway was centered a lo
⊱ Poppy ⊰
Apr 14, 2016 marked it as i-need
UPDATE: I just got to know that Kai's book is going to be published on JULY SEVENTH, I can't wait to get my hands on it. *bouncing like a monkey*

JULY SEVENTH YOU HAVE TO COME SOON, LIKE.RIGHT.NOW!

OH MY GOD, IT IS GOING TO BE PUBLISHED ONE DAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY!

YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!! I JUST CAN'T .. ADSDFSDFDJAJDFJSDDFDJFDFSGDGAHG!!!

---------------------------------------->

OMG, Kai's Book"

Heather
Start getting ready, Devil's Night is near...

"He savors and teases, and then goes in stronger and harder, and you’ve never been fucked so good and his dick’s not even inside you yet.”

I LOVED Corrupt SO HARD so I practically cried tears of joy when Hideaway showed up on my kindle! It begins a year after Corrupt. Kai, Michael, Will and Rika are still reeling from Michael killing Trevor, his brother and Damon trying to hurt/kill them.

KAI,
description

It was going to be a tough job trying to get me to love

• Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1)
  • Ruckus (Sinners of Saint, #2)
  • Scandalous (Sinners of Saint, #3)
  • The Villain (Boston Belles, #2)
  • Black Knight (Royal Elite, #4)
  • Vicious Prince (Royal Elite, #5)
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • Ruthless Empire (Royal Elite, #6)
  • Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Sicko
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Bane (Sinners of Saint, #4)
  • Bound by Temptation (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #4)
  • Bound by Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #2)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
Penelope Douglas is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. Her books have been translated into fifteen languages and include The Fall Away Series, The Devil’s Night Series, and the stand-alones, Misconduct, Punk 57, Birthday Girl, and Credence. Please look for Tryst Six Venom and Motel, as well as the Hellbent series, coming next.

She lives in Las Vegas with her h

Devil's Night (4 books)
  • Corrupt (Devil's Night, #1)
  • Kill Switch (Devil's Night, #3)
  • Nightfall (Devil's Night, #4)