Start by marking “Proposals and Poison” as Want to Read:
Proposals and Poison

Proposals and Poison (Wedding Planner Mysteries #3)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  184 Ratings  ·  95 Reviews
Love can be a very dangerous thing.
ebook, 1, 270 pages
Published April 12th 2016 by Peachwood Press

To ask other readers questions about Proposals and Poison, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Proposals and Poison

Julie Carpenter
Adri is back to business and as busy as ever with her wedding planning, and of course mystery sleuthing. She just can't help but in the center of everything murder and mayhem. Honestly, it's not her fault. She just is this magnet for it. I laughed so many times throughout this series when everyone (ok maybe not everyone, but her family, Tony the cop, other cops, and Luke) would look at Adri and be like, seriously, you're in the middle of this...AGAIN? Yeah, it was pretty humorous. I loved it!

I'm
Vicki
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Proposals and Poison is book 3 in the Wedding Planner Mysteries. It is another fun episode of Adri Pyper's life. With Luke, Tony and Lorea all involved.

The story has a murder that everyone has a theory about. The gossips are going wild with rumors of who is inheriting a fortune from the untimely death of a friend. Adri is asked by Tony and Luke to stay out of this one. Of course Adri can't help but finding herself in the middle of the danger.

All the while is love brewing? I have been following
Mindy
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rachelle is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors for a good mystery. I love her WEDDING PLANNER MYSTERY series. I look forward to each book. PROPOSALS AND POISONS does not disappoint. The mystery had me guessing with every turn of the page. I didn't know who to trust and the suspects were convincing. Rachelle writes her characters well. Adri especially is great character. I love how organized and meticulous she is. I also really like Luke. Something exciting happens between them and it is ...more
Mara
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wedding planner extraordinaire Adri Pyper has been back from Hawaii for a few months and she and her business partner are getting ready for a busy wedding season in Idaho, oh and she's dating divorce attorney Luke Stetson! When her neighbor and client, Lily Rowan, is found dead and it's determined to be murder by poisoning you know Adri is going to find it hard not to get involved in figuring out who the murderer is.

There's so much more to this book than figuring out who murdered Lily. Adri and
Katie W
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Each book can stand alone, but the reader will miss out on the relationship development between the main characters and her love interest if they're not read in order.

Adri is a great wedding planner in Sun Valley, Idaho. This book takes place in town and I love the quirky weddings and brides that show up throughout the story. Adri gets the couples married and Luke, her love interest, divorces them. As with the other stories in the series, a potential bride dies mysteriously and Adri finds hersel
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Proposals and Poison is a wonderful addition to Rachelle J. Christensen's Wedding Planner Mysteries. This is the third book in the series. You can follow along and read this book without reading the first two, but there is a lot of history between Adri and her love interest, Luke. This book had me wanting to read more about them and to see where their relationship is headed.

This is a wonderful mystery book. Adri is a wedding planner who finds herself in the middle of murder mysteries. She doesn'
Cami Checketts
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this suspenseful and romantic conclusion to a fabulous series, but at the same time I was so sad to know this is the last book. I'd highly recommend all the Wedding Planner Mystery series.
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This is the third book in this Wedding Planner series featuring Adri Pyper. If you love cozy mysteries, you will love this one. Well, the whole series, really. This series reminds me of the culinary cozy mystery series by Josi Kilpack starring Sadie Hoffmiller. Instead of recipes for food (although there are some of those too), this one provides ideas for weddings and other helpful crafty ideas.

It's true. Adri cannot keep herself away from trouble. She finds it. It finds her. Murders su
Maureen Timerman
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This is the third book in this series that I have read and our girl Adri Pyper sure gets herself in a lot of difficult situations, and maybe you shouldn’t be friends with her, because murder seems to follow her.
Adri is still dating uncommitted Luke, a divorce attorney that is like oil and water to her wedding planning business. There are a few cute happening in this story, a dog themed wedding for one, but when one friend, neighbor, client is murdered Adri doesn’t believe they arrested the right
writer...
Fun #audiobookmonth cozy 3rd installment in Ms Christensen's Wedding Planner series.
Cathy
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been loving this great series by Rachelle J Christensen. I love the setting, Sun Valley, Idaho has lots of fond memories from my high school days.

I love Adri's business, she's always helping her clients find their happily ever after by planning the best wedding possible for each person. And her assistant Lorea is so fun!

I love that Adri is always thrust into murder investigations not by her own choice, but how her friend and police officer, Tony, is always trying to get her to stay out
Chrissy
I read the first book in this series when it first came out. Then I skipped the second book and just jumped into this book, which is the third in the series. I didn't have any problems catching up with the story or the characters. I think any of these books could be read as as stand-alone.

The big difference with this book, compared to the other two in the series, is the romance. Our two main characters, Adri and Luke, come out of the friendship zone here with some great kissing. I felt like the
Teresa Kander
This is the third book of the series, and I enjoy each one more than the last. Who knew that being a wedding planner could put someone in the middle of so many murder investigations?

All of the characters are written so well that we easily care about each of them. Rachelle writes them into situations which make the reader smile, even though the characters may not see the humor in the situation at the time. And they deal with issues which are believable and real to life (except maybe for all the m
Amanda
Feb 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries-cozy
Adri Pyper's neighbor and client, Lily Rowan is murdered. The fiancee, Tim is the prime suspect but Adri thinks he is innocent. She is told not to get involved but finds that difficult when people approach her with information. Her assistant, Lorea also gets involved with he case.

I didn't think the mystery was as strong in this book as it was in the last book. I felt the focus was more on her job and romance with Luke Stetson. I really liked the characters and their story but I would have liked
Rachelle
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the 3rd book in the Wedding Planner Mystery series and I enjoyed writing more of Adri's story. This one has a lot of things that readers have been begging for, plenty of mystery, humor, and a return to the setting of beautiful Sun Valley/Hailey, Idaho. I love the way the cover turned out on this book and I hope readers enjoy the twists and turns in this mystery.
Melissa
I listened to this latest cozy mystery from Rachelle Christensen. I liked it, but the problem was that the narrator sounded too old for the main character. She also made the character sound annoying and she grated on my nerves. I have read the previous books and liked them though they were a little cheesy, but listening to the book made the book sound even more cheesy. I really liked the development of the relationship between Adri and Luke finally! The mystery was even semi interesting. I would ...more
Tena
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book in the Wedding Planner Mysteries. It can be read as a stand alone. But, you will want to read all of these fabulous books! Andri is busy planning a wedding when her client is mysteriously murdered. Looking at all the possible suspects, preparing for a craft festival, working on a relationship with Luke and planning other weddings, Andri is very busy. Also, the book includes some wonderful recipes! I made the Chicken Enchalida's, delicious! (no mushrooms for me). I really hav ...more
Teryl
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another really good read in the mystery suspense and romance filled wedding planner series by Rachelle Christensen. This time around, both Adrielle Pyper and her wedding business partner, Lorea, have their hands full with wedding drama and a new client who turns up poisoned. If murder isn't enough to keep these gals busy, they're both juggling all the feelings and butterflies that come with falling in love.
I highly recommend this author!
Nicole
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another good addition to this series. It was nice to see the ladies personal relationships grow and develop, as well as to get to know Adri's family better. I find the mysteries intriguing and usually cannot resolve them to the end. I hope to find more in this series or by this author.
El (book.monkey)
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In complete honesty I preferred the first two books in this series than this, in terms of the crime and the conclusion but I truly loved the relationships between Adri and Luke and Lorea and Tony. The mundane parts of this book made me happy.
Mary
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible
3rd book in the Wedding Planner Mysteries.
This series is not exceptional but it is definitely a fun and nice reading.

By this point it's impossible not to grow attached to the characters.

Written nicely, worth reading for a light and pleasurable read.
Tammy Niederhauser
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5
Francesca
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
2.85

It was super cheesy, sometimes suffocatingly so, but I expected that. I wanted a nice, fluffy read and that is what I got. Also, like all mysteries, I want to know who did it and why. It was kind of predictable.
Mary Brown
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Proposals and Poison
A Wedding Planner Mystery, Book #3
Rachelle J. Christensen
5 Stars

Synopsis:

Love can be a very dangerous thing.
At least it seems that way to Adri Pyper, the premier wedding planner in Sun Valley, Idaho. When one of her clients dies mysteriously, Adri takes the advice of the local detective and swears she will stay out of the investigation . . . this time. Luke Stetson's involvement in the case, along with the possibility of a kiss between the two, should be enough incentive to
books are love
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

Adri is at it again in spectacular fashion. she is home and working a few weddings when one turns to be lost due to the bride being murdered. This time she gets involved without meaning to. this town is a mecca for gossip and it seems to land in her shop. Once again we are treated to a fun loving and entertaining book. What I liked the most is the growth of Luke and how his work ended up entwined in Adri’s and a murder. Except Luke doesn’t accidentally ge
Anoush Emrazian
Adri is back in Idaho and work is in full swing with all the summer and fall weddings she's planning. After all the excitement during a client's destination wedding in Hawaii (book 2, Veils and Vengeance), Adri is ready to settle down, work for a while and figure out her relationship with Luke. Unfortunately, Adri can't seem to catch a break. When one of her clients is murdered, Adri can't seem to stay out of the investigation.

In the two previous books Adri has gotten in a bit of trouble for her
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
I can't believe I wanted so long to read this installment in the Wedding Planner series. I really enjoy Rachelle's books and try to picture the scenery in Idaho because it is very different from where I live in Texas.

The mystery portion was well written. I suspected a few people, not for any real clues that were revealed but because I didn't like the characters and thought they needed to be guilty! Luckily I was right on a few occasions for different reasons.

Then there is the love story with Ad
Becki
May 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
(Free book in exchange for honest review)

I am not sure what to say about this book. I first read Christensen when I read her Veils and Vengeance. I LOVED it. It was quick-witted, suspenseful and romantic. I remember not being able to put it down. Unfortunately, I can’t say the same about this one. I got about 45% of the way through and just couldn’t take it anymore. I had a guess as to the culprit and the story was just getting toooooo ddrrraaaaaawwwwnnn ooouuuutttt. I literally, skimmed to the
Julie
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the first two books in the series and have been looking forward to this one. I love the romance going on with Luke and Adri and was glad this one gave us some more swoon-worthy moments!

If you haven't read this series, you should. Adri Pyper is a wedding planner, but murder and mayhem seem to follow her wherever she goes. This time, her client is murdered and Adri is pretty sure the police are looking at the wrong guy. She's asked to stay out of it, but clues just keep falling in
Melanie
This is the third book in this series and I enjoyed it as much as the first two! Adri just can't seem to keep away from the action. This time, one of her clients died, and the police believed she was poisoned. Adri couldn't believe where the evidence was leading and wanted to help clear the name of another friend.

Adri is a wedding planner and Luke is a divorce attorney. They met in the first book and haven't always gotten along. There is an attraction there, though, and they start to explore it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Lost King (Omar Zagouri #2)
  • Pimpernel (Pimpernel, #1)
  • Chasing Fireflies (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • Roman's Holiday
  • Ring Around the Rosie (Hostage Negotiation Team #4)
  • Fresh Starts: Bree's Story (Second Chances #3)
  • The Mariposa Hotel (A Tangerine Street Romance, #3)
  • Double Play
  • Painting Rain (Books of Dalthia #4)
  • Legally Wedded (Legally in Love, #1)
  • Summer Brides (A Year of Weddings)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Road Trip Collection
  • The Fall of Lord Drayson (Tanglewood, #1)
  • Love is Come (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • Just a Kiss (Summer Harbor, #3)
  • Royal Games (The Royals of Monterra, #3)
  • Kissed by a Cowboy (Four of Hearts Ranch, #3)
  • California's Calling (Hunt Family #3)
Rachelle J. Christensen is a mother of five who writes mystery/suspense and solves the mystery of the missing shoe on a daily basis. She graduated cum laude from Utah State University with a degree in psychology and a music minor. She enjoys singing and songwriting, playing the piano, running, motivational speaking, and of course reading.

Rachelle is the award-winning author of twenty books, inclu
More about Rachelle J. Christensen

Wedding Planner Mysteries (3 books)
  • Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things (Wedding Planner Mysteries, #1)
  • Veils and Vengeance (Wedding Planner Mysteries, #2)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Cold Day For Murder (Kate Shugak #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
  • Horrorstör
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Mind's Eye (Inspector Van Veeteren #1)
  • The Sound of Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
  • The Secret Mother