Start by marking “Proposals and Poison” as Want to Read:
Proposals and Poison

Proposals and Poison

(Wedding Planner Mysteries #3)

Love can be a very dangerous thing.
At least it seems that way to Adri Pyper, the premier wedding planner in Sun Valley, Idaho. When one of her clients dies mysteriously, Adri takes the advice of the local detective and swears she will stay out of the investigation . . . this time. Luke Stetson's involvement in the case, along with the possibility of a kiss between the two
ebook, 1, 270 pages
Published April 12th 2016 by Peachwood Press

To ask other readers questions about Proposals and Poison, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Proposals and Poison

Start your review of Proposals and Poison
Julie Carpenter
Adri is back to business and as busy as ever with her wedding planning, and of course mystery sleuthing. She just can't help but in the center of everything murder and mayhem. Honestly, it's not her fault. She just is this magnet for it. I laughed so many times throughout this series when everyone (ok maybe not everyone, but her family, Tony the cop, other cops, and Luke) would look at Adri and be like, seriously, you're in the middle of this...AGAIN? Yeah, it was pretty humorous. I loved it!

I'm
Vicki
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Proposals and Poison is book 3 in the Wedding Planner Mysteries. It is another fun episode of Adri Pyper's life. With Luke, Tony and Lorea all involved.

The story has a murder that everyone has a theory about. The gossips are going wild with rumors of who is inheriting a fortune from the untimely death of a friend. Adri is asked by Tony and Luke to stay out of this one. Of course Adri can't help but finding herself in the middle of the danger.

All the while is love brewing? I have been followin
Mindy
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rachelle is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors for a good mystery. I love her WEDDING PLANNER MYSTERY series. I look forward to each book. PROPOSALS AND POISONS does not disappoint. The mystery had me guessing with every turn of the page. I didn't know who to trust and the suspects were convincing. Rachelle writes her characters well. Adri especially is great character. I love how organized and meticulous she is. I also really like Luke. Something exciting happens between them and it is ...more
Mara
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wedding planner extraordinaire Adri Pyper has been back from Hawaii for a few months and she and her business partner are getting ready for a busy wedding season in Idaho, oh and she's dating divorce attorney Luke Stetson! When her neighbor and client, Lily Rowan, is found dead and it's determined to be murder by poisoning you know Adri is going to find it hard not to get involved in figuring out who the murderer is.

There's so much more to this book than figuring out who murdered Lily. Adri and
Katie W
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Each book can stand alone, but the reader will miss out on the relationship development between the main characters and her love interest if they're not read in order.

Adri is a great wedding planner in Sun Valley, Idaho. This book takes place in town and I love the quirky weddings and brides that show up throughout the story. Adri gets the couples married and Luke, her love interest, divorces them. As with the other stories in the series, a potential bride dies mysteriously and Adri finds hersel
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Proposals and Poison is a wonderful addition to Rachelle J. Christensen's Wedding Planner Mysteries. This is the third book in the series. You can follow along and read this book without reading the first two, but there is a lot of history between Adri and her love interest, Luke. This book had me wanting to read more about them and to see where their relationship is headed.

This is a wonderful mystery book. Adri is a wedding planner who finds herself in the middle of murder mysteries. She doesn'
Cami Checketts
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this suspenseful and romantic conclusion to a fabulous series, but at the same time I was so sad to know this is the last book. I'd highly recommend all the Wedding Planner Mystery series.
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This is the third book in this Wedding Planner series featuring Adri Pyper. If you love cozy mysteries, you will love this one. Well, the whole series, really. This series reminds me of the culinary cozy mystery series by Josi Kilpack starring Sadie Hoffmiller. Instead of recipes for food (although there are some of those too), this one provides ideas for weddings and other helpful crafty ideas.

It's true. Adri cannot keep herself away from trouble. She finds it. It finds her. Murders su
Maureen Timerman
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This is the third book in this series that I have read and our girl Adri Pyper sure gets herself in a lot of difficult situations, and maybe you shouldn’t be friends with her, because murder seems to follow her.
Adri is still dating uncommitted Luke, a divorce attorney that is like oil and water to her wedding planning business. There are a few cute happening in this story, a dog themed wedding for one, but when one friend, neighbor, client is murdered Adri doesn’t believe they arrested the right
writer...
Fun #audiobookmonth cozy 3rd installment in Ms Christensen's Wedding Planner series.
Cathy
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been loving this great series by Rachelle J Christensen. I love the setting, Sun Valley, Idaho has lots of fond memories from my high school days.

I love Adri's business, she's always helping her clients find their happily ever after by planning the best wedding possible for each person. And her assistant Lorea is so fun!

I love that Adri is always thrust into murder investigations not by her own choice, but how her friend and police officer, Tony, is always trying to get her to stay out
Chrissy
I read the first book in this series when it first came out. Then I skipped the second book and just jumped into this book, which is the third in the series. I didn't have any problems catching up with the story or the characters. I think any of these books could be read as as stand-alone.

The big difference with this book, compared to the other two in the series, is the romance. Our two main characters, Adri and Luke, come out of the friendship zone here with some great kissing. I felt like the
Teresa Kander
This is the third book of the series, and I enjoy each one more than the last. Who knew that being a wedding planner could put someone in the middle of so many murder investigations?

All of the characters are written so well that we easily care about each of them. Rachelle writes them into situations which make the reader smile, even though the characters may not see the humor in the situation at the time. And they deal with issues which are believable and real to life (except maybe for all the m
Amanda
Feb 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries-cozy
Adri Pyper's neighbor and client, Lily Rowan is murdered. The fiancee, Tim is the prime suspect but Adri thinks he is innocent. She is told not to get involved but finds that difficult when people approach her with information. Her assistant, Lorea also gets involved with he case.

I didn't think the mystery was as strong in this book as it was in the last book. I felt the focus was more on her job and romance with Luke Stetson. I really liked the characters and their story but I would have liked
Rachelle
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the 3rd book in the Wedding Planner Mystery series and I enjoyed writing more of Adri's story. This one has a lot of things that readers have been begging for, plenty of mystery, humor, and a return to the setting of beautiful Sun Valley/Hailey, Idaho. I love the way the cover turned out on this book and I hope readers enjoy the twists and turns in this mystery.
K B
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wedding Planner Mysteries Box Set: 3 Book Series Jan 29, 2018 by Rachelle J. Christensen:
4 stars
I purchased a copy of the Wedding Planner Mysteries Box Set: 3 Book Series by Rachelle J. Christensen and this review was given freely.
A three book series blending an arts and crafts DYI and recipe wedding website, the chaotic life of a wedding planner, the complicated love life of wedding planner Adrielle and multiple murders and mysteries.

**Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things (Wedding Planner Mysteri
Devi Nair
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes I probably should have started with the first book but I started with the last book available in the series. However, that did not affect the reading (rather listening) experience one bit. Adri and her friends do make such a wonderful story set up in the Wedding Planner series. The fun and joyful way of writing especially contributes to the wedding feel all through out the book. A special mention to the narrator Kirsten Potter for bringing out the feelings through her narration, so much that ...more
Diana
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I was admittedly devastated with the loss in this story and thought the drama surrounding her was fun for all the red herrings that popped up. This was more relationship drama and intrigue with less mystery than the other two stories in the series. I wasn't mad about it.

I did enjoy this novel as a conclusion. It's interesting that a lot of the weddings she plans don't actually often happen. Two in five of the major plot point weddings actually went as planned which is an entertaining thing to t
Melissa
I listened to this latest cozy mystery from Rachelle Christensen. I liked it, but the problem was that the narrator sounded too old for the main character. She also made the character sound annoying and she grated on my nerves. I have read the previous books and liked them though they were a little cheesy, but listening to the book made the book sound even more cheesy. I really liked the development of the relationship between Adri and Luke finally! The mystery was even semi interesting. I would ...more
Tena
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book in the Wedding Planner Mysteries. It can be read as a stand alone. But, you will want to read all of these fabulous books! Andri is busy planning a wedding when her client is mysteriously murdered. Looking at all the possible suspects, preparing for a craft festival, working on a relationship with Luke and planning other weddings, Andri is very busy. Also, the book includes some wonderful recipes! I made the Chicken Enchalida's, delicious! (no mushrooms for me). I really hav ...more
Alisha
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this series, though I'm glad the author stopped at 3 (at least I think she did) because it is a little too coincidental how the main character always stumbles on trouble. This was my favorite of them all. I love that they are clean, sappy, not too predictable, yet simple. I enjoy the authors sense of humor and I really enjoy the reader of the audio books. I think some of it has to do with her being a local, when she used the term DTR I about died laughing! Anyway, I would recomm ...more
Teryl
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another really good read in the mystery suspense and romance filled wedding planner series by Rachelle Christensen. This time around, both Adrielle Pyper and her wedding business partner, Lorea, have their hands full with wedding drama and a new client who turns up poisoned. If murder isn't enough to keep these gals busy, they're both juggling all the feelings and butterflies that come with falling in love.
I highly recommend this author!
Carol Bisig
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read!

I love this little series; there are a few things I would like to see changed. It is a clean, romantic, mystery, that is okay, except, why couldn't there have been more romance between Adri, and Luke? The mysteries were good; I deducted for grown women giggling, and for the lack of more romance between two adults! Easy, soothing reads.
I recommend! Thank you.
Carolintallahassee
Nicole
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another good addition to this series. It was nice to see the ladies personal relationships grow and develop, as well as to get to know Adri's family better. I find the mysteries intriguing and usually cannot resolve them to the end. I hope to find more in this series or by this author.
Mary
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible
3rd book in the Wedding Planner Mysteries.
This series is not exceptional but it is definitely a fun and nice reading.

By this point it's impossible not to grow attached to the characters.

Written nicely, worth reading for a light and pleasurable read.
El (book.monkey)
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In complete honesty I preferred the first two books in this series than this, in terms of the crime and the conclusion but I truly loved the relationships between Adri and Luke and Lorea and Tony. The mundane parts of this book made me happy.
Susan
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wedding planner, Adrielle Pyper, isn't the only sleuth in this read. Her assistant, Lorea, is in the thick of things too. The two just can't help asking the right questions. But, not to worry, their knights in shining armor will save the day and capture their hearts as well.
Teya Teya
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really good ending to this series. Although, I wish I could have seen her wedding. After the other two, this one was pretty predictable. Still, it made for a good storyline and great characters. I'm just thrilled because of the ending.
Ashley
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was probably my favorite of the three books. Maybe because she and Luke finally broke through the barriers of their relationship! Also, I really had NO idea about who committed the murder unlike the other two where I kind of had an idea... fun series to read!
Tj Walker
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

I enjoyed reading this book. It has a great mystery embedded in the story line. I would love another story with Adri and Luke!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Grace Where You Are
  • Mrs. Lincoln's Sisters
  • Engaged in Death (Wedding Planner Mystery #1)
  • Daisies and Devotion (Mayfield Family, #2)
  • Hooked on Murder (Crochet Mystery, #1)
  • Promised
  • Guidebook to Murder (Tourist Trap Mystery #1)
  • Gown with the Wind (Wedding Planner Mystery, #4)
  • Christmas by Accident
  • A Stranger Watches
  • The Noble Smuggler
  • A Proper Scandal
  • A Guarded Heart
  • Christmas Bliss (Weezie and Bebe Mysteries, #4)
  • Autumn Collection
  • Escape to Everly Manor
  • Secrets and Suitors
  • Christmas Kisses Collection (Echo Ridge Romance, #1)
Rachelle J. Christensen is a mother of five who writes mystery/suspense and solves the mystery of the missing shoe on a daily basis. She graduated cum laude from Utah State University with a degree in psychology and a music minor. She enjoys singing and songwriting, playing the piano, running, motivational speaking, and of course reading.

Rachelle is the award-winning author of twenty books, inclu

Wedding Planner Mysteries (3 books)
  • Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things (Wedding Planner Mysteries, #1)
  • Veils and Vengeance (Wedding Planner Mysteries, #2)