Start by marking “Jacqueline Kennedy, The White House Years: Selections from the John F. Kennedy Library & Museum” as Want to Read:

This illustrated volume celebrates the 40th anniversary of Jacqueline Kennedy's emergence as America's First Lady and explores her enduring global influence on style and fashion.
Published May 13th 2001 by Bulfinch (first published May 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Jacqueline Kennedy, The White House Years, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jacqueline Kennedy, The White House Years

Start your review of Jacqueline Kennedy, The White House Years: Selections from the John F. Kennedy Library & Museum
Lisa Mcbroom
Beautiful coffee table book of Jacqueline Kennedy's influence on American Culture through history, fashion, and art!!!!!
Tayla
May 15, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone interested in fashion/the Kennedys
This is an exquisite book with remarkable photos capturing Jacqueline Kennedy's time on her husband's campaigns and in the White House. The accompanying text is well written and an interesting read, and even includes copies of some handwritten notes from Jackie to her milliner and some of her frequently used designers. The true attraction, though, is the photography. The book was companion to an exhibit at the JFK Library of the same name and the clothes are wonderful reminders of a brief era of ...more
Stormy
May 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I have always admired Jacqueline Kennedy and it was fun to read this book in anticipation of visiting the White House. We didn't make it onto a tour but Kristy and I visited the White House Historical Society gift shop and I bought the book Jackie first published.
Hdmsisk
Oct 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I did not read this book, I skimmed it and looked at the pictures reading only what was interesting to me. It was pages and pages of pictures of Jackie's clothes. They were beautiful. It made me long for these clothes to still be in style.
Kathie H
Aug 22, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
I saw the exhibit of Jackie's clothes at the Corcoran Gallery in Washington DC. I was moved to tears. This book is fabulous. If you're a fashionista, you will pore over this book. Jackie was truly an original.
Monicaaa
Apr 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: ushistory, biography
This book contains information about the thought process Jackie Kennedy used when picking out her wardrobe, the reasons she chose what she chose. A lot of thought goes into the wardrobe of a First Lady, and this book shows exactly what this first lady wanted to show by wearing what she wore.
Raisa
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biographies
So many photographs so much information this book is amazing.
Doris Raines
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great. Book. And. Style.
Nancy
Jan 26, 2013 added it
This was interesting for the clothes.
Patrice
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult
No one dresses like Mrs. Kennedy did. Gorgeous!
Cynthia Friese-hassanein
Oh I have read this more than I care to admit! What a book!
Jane Cook
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book, very insightful and gives you a deeper appreciation of the thought behind the fashion.
Joy
Feb 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book is a fashion show of sorts, with photos and descriptions of Jacqueline Kennedy's wardrobe during her husband's presidency. Beautiful!
Karen
Aug 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I saw this exhibit when it was in NYC...amazing.
Allison Thurman
Mar 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, beautiful photos, but doesn't hold a candle to the garments in person
Syleena Douglas
Nov 03, 2014
Susan
Aug 10, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Jackie, Janet & Lee: The Secret Lives of Janet Auchincloss and Her Daughters, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Lee Radziwill
  • The Pink Suit
  • Five Days in November
  • I Was Somebody Before This...
  • I was somebody before this....
  • Jackie as Editor: The Literary Life of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
Hamish Bowles is European editor at large for Vogue and editor in chief of Vogue Living. He was curator of the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s 2001 Costume Institute exhibition, “Jacqueline Kennedy: The White House Years.” He lives in New York, London, and Paris.