Start by marking “Zaklínač: Liščí děti (Komiks Zaklínač, #2)” as Want to Read:
Zaklínač: Liščí děti (Komiks Zaklínač, #2)

Zaklínač: Liščí děti

(The Witcher: Graphic Novels #2)

Geralt na své pouti zavítá na palubu lodi plné bláznů, odpadlíků a zločinců – a někteří z nich jsou ještě nebezpečnější, než by se na první pohled zdálo. Jeden z nich dokonce skrývá ohavné tajemství, které by mohlo na posádku i cestující přivolat nesmiřitelnou pomstu pověstné matky liščice...

Na akčně-hororovém příběhu zasazeném do světa úspěšné herní série Zaklínač spolupr
Published February 22nd 2016 by Nakladatelství Crew (first published December 29th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Zaklínač, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Zaklínač: Liščí děti (Komiks Zaklínač, #2)
Anne

Yet another one of Hoopla's COVID-19 free borrows that I wouldn't have looked at otherwise.

This was waaaay better than I thought it would be, but I've recently discovered that I'm just not really into the Witcher unless I'm watching the tv show with my kids. I think it's just that my personal excitement over these characters begins and ends with family fun time.
description
That said, I think that any real fan of Geralt & Co. would really get a kick out of this comic. The writing is good and the pl
Caro the Helmet Lady
Soooo pretty much it was a replay from Sezon burz, but only the line of the fox lady got expanded. Well, it was really enjoyable and probably especially so if you read it for the first time, unlike me. Good enough to continue! ...more
Gianfranco Mancini

Just like in first volume storyline is far better than not state of the art drawings, but author totally nailed the Witcher character and setting so much that this comic book seems written by Sapkowski himself.

Juho Pohjalainen
The story meanders more than its fair bit in the middle parts, with too much illusion-induced padding and too little development of the plot or characters. How many times do we need someone to dive straight into water and get eaten by some bog monster? There's building up tension, and then there's just repeating yourself.

On the whole it's not terrible, but still rather forgettable in comparison to the better stories in the setting. Make it two and a half stars.
Robert
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Those Wondering Witch Way to Turn Next
Shelves: hoopla
This is a pretty solid Witcher comic that sticks pretty close to the core ideas of the better Witcher stories/novels.

Geralt & Addario

Geralt is still the world-weary, stoic man-with-a-code we've seen before, his sidekick Addario the dwarf does well to act as a foil and keep tongue planted firmly in cheek. We meet a bickering crew of (mostly) contemptible Mortal Men ill-advisedly sailing to "rescue" an abducted elf child in the possession of a "Vulpess" (this is kind of a shape-shifty, illusion-magic-casting Fox
Chad
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I know nothing about The Witcher game, but this works well on its own as a fantasy story. Geralt and his dwarven companion board a ship headed downriver and only later find out the party onboard are hunting a vulpess, part fox, part woman, world class illusionist. When they find out, they immediately want off the ship and find out they weren't told the whole truth. Now the vulpess is hunting them and has them soon lost in a swamp full of danger and illusions. These Witcher comics have actually b ...more
Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)
The story begins with The Witcher boarding a ship with his companion Adaggio in order to protect the crew as they rescue a royal family’s kidnapped elf daughter. When The Witcher discovers she’s been kidnapped by a Vulpess he deems the mission impossible and suggests they turn around. Of course, the crew hasn’t told The Witcher everything and he then is faced with a vengeful and powerful foe.
“The Vulpesses are part fox, part elf, but entirely female...so pretty hard to fathom. Mystery, whimsy
Michelle Morrell
Geralt goes off on a side quest and runs into trouble, of course! A nice diversion if you like The Witcher, no real meat otherwise.
Monsour
3.5 stars or even moooorrreee :)

The fox child, is part of the story in the latest witcher book "Season of Storm". Where they add some, and cut some parts in the book to make a solid ending for this comic. Just like the previews witcher comic I've read I haven't had any liking to the artwork but still if you're into good geralt story I really recommend this.

But for plot convenient you should read the book first before reading this one.
Ashes
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5* It's basically Season of Storms but as a graphic novel, so no wonder I didn't particularly like it. And I'm not sure why I didn't like the art here, because I think the artist is the same as in House of Glass(?), which I really liked.

Let's see how good or bad is Curse of Crows then!
Youssef Almkari
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-comics
The Vulpese is such a terrifying creature that oozes originality and is yet another well constructed horror looming within the Witcher lore.
Sambora
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Fox Children as the second story in The Witcher Omnibus.

*This will be a spoiler-free review.*

As stated in my review for the first story; House of Glass , this omnibus is my first experience with graphic novels, so I may not be the most qualified to judge their quality in that regard, but I have been following the adventures of Geralt and company for over a decade now via both Sapkowski's novels and CD Projekt Red's games.

In Fox Children we find Geralt and his Dwarven friend, Addario,
Rick Brose
I bought this volume forgetting that I had read the first and was not a big fan. I am glad I did though. This second volume was an improvement. The story felt more cohesive and the art was less distracting. I enjoyed the stoicism of Geralt amidst the troubles around him, and the creatures were cool.
Corrie DeWolfe (Corrie's Book Nook)
This has been a rather interesting series to read. Right up my alley. Illustrations again, are amazing. Vibrant, but dark and grim. On to the next one ...
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Ah, here we go. This is more in line with my normal opinion of the franchise. So many issues with this one, which is sad because there were some fairly cool ideas happening.

Full review to come.
Corey
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I haven't had the pleasure of reading the novels of the witcher yet because I've been absolutely swamped with school work so these graphic novels will have to do for now
47Time
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-fantasy
We get solid fantasy this time around as well, with the added benefit of a bit of piracy and slavery, more creatures and witcher magic, and humor from the main character. Even he seems powerless when faced with the evil in this story. He proves that fighting is not the only way to deal with evil in the world. And loses his swords - poor show, Geralt.

Geralt joinw a ship of men with a secret mission to rescue Xymena de Sepulveda, the daughter of a rich woman, from a vulpess. Geralt discovers that
Brendan
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was an interesting read and I have heard that they are adapting the Polish to English version of the story next year sometime. I liked the book but not nearly as much as House of Glass, the series shares the world of the game as opposed to the novels. I had found the world of The Witcher through Witcher 3 but I have the novels more in depth and haunting compared to the game. This story attempts a lot and fails to provide the depth it seeks, I would've liked some of the supporting characters ...more
Annie
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
With this one I enjoyed the story more, because it was really just like another short novel from Sapkowski about Geralt but in a comic form. Literally. The true Witcher theme was almost tangible and that is definitely what I want from those other stories from difirent authors who decided to work with Geralt and Witcher's world in general. Because I want to feel like I'm reading about Geralt I know and love. The House of Glass (The Witcher: Volume 1.) was giving me that feeling, but less against ...more
Maria
This volume tells the story of Geralt and his companion Addario bording a ship on a quest to protect a crew from themselves as they discover the ship crew has stolen a cub from a powerful Vulpess who wants her back at all costs.

Not a bad story. It's separate from vol.1 which is nice. To re-iterate, I've only seen the Netflix series so I don't have a lot to reference this comic too but I did enjoy this volume. I found it a a great standalone as I nothing in this volume connected to the last and a
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

With The Witcher: Volume 2 we have a contained and complete story separate from volume 1; the previous book does not need to be read first in order to enjoy Fox Children. Gamers looking to expand the world beyond The Wild Hunt and Assassins of Kings will find familiar territory and enjoy the story. Those new to the world of the Witcher can also begin with Fox Children since it is a standalone and can serve as a decent
Aaron
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, library
One of the things I enjoy about The Witcher, in my limited experience, is that just as often as there are horrible evil creatures that deserve death, there are horrible evil humans who need it just as much. This is one of those stories. When the monsters are killing people, you entirely get the reasons why and it's hard not to root for them to keep doing it.
Travis Knight
This is a pretty solid graphic novel, but it suffers from a few things that, I think, hoped it back from the quality of the previous volume. The art is a little tougher, which works in places, but often is just ugly on the side of caricature, particularly with the secondary characters, while tertiary are rendered as simple blob faces. My general feeling was that much of the art was rushed, to it's detriment.

The story, however, has the opposite weakness. While there's a good set up, with a though
David
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books
Really loved the first book of this adaption to comic book but this one seemed flat compared to the similar beloved short story. Just didn't work for me. I'd rather have been reading the original Sapkowski.
Heather Fryling
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mystery, compassion, and evil mingle in an Eastern European fantasy setting.
Παναγιώτα Τσιμπαλίδη
Not bad. Loved the whole conflict amongst the characters and the Vulpess's powers and philosophy. Really does give off the atmosphere present in the books too.
Martin Sestrimski
Received this graphic novel for free with my copy of the game Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales. Decided I might take up the chance and read it. It is based on a certain segment from the "Season of Storms" book in the Witcher series. I did like that part a decent amount, so it was interesting to see how it would be executed in a comic book format. The result - reasonably well, though it's nothing too special. Not that it needs to be.

The volume follows its source rather dilligently, something that
Antonio Kleber Gomes
When I first heard of The Witcher, a friend told me that I would love the story. It would have all the elements of magic and witchcraft that a canonic story would have and the universe was just so complex and elegant that I would have to make way for it to be respected by me just as Harry Potter and The Lord of The Rings universes are.

Although I am not entirely familiar with the mythos of this polish series, and yes, I intend to read all the books and play all the video games before Henry Cavill
LazulAda
I didn't realize that this was a second volume before I borrowed it from the library so to be honest, I don't know how much it took from my enjoyment of the book. One thing for sure, it did not make it harder to follow the story or get into it.
And maybe I will get a bit hurtful here, but I am not sure if that is a good thing or not. Like, I started this story with no knowledge of what the Witcher series is about, no knowledge about the characters and I could instantly orient myself: oh, he's t
Jean
A small and minimally adventure-filled story (apparently based on an episode in one of the as-yet untranslated Witcher novels, but taking all its cues from the video games) feels unambitious, but is fun to read. I've seen others complain it's too padded out, and I sort of feel the opposite, that it could have benefited from focusing some of the empty panels of "atmosphere" to either character development (I was often mixing up all the secondary characters, and no one but Janessa stood out, and h ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Witcher: Matters of Conscience
  • The Witcher: Reasons of State
  • The World of the Witcher
  • Wiedźmin - Wydanie kolekcjonerskie
  • Blacksad 1 (Blacksad, #1-2)
  • The Art of the Witcher: Gwent Gallery Collection
  • Season of Storms (The Witcher #0.6)
  • Aliens: Salvation
  • Blade Runner 2019 #4
  • The Witcher: Of Flesh and Flame #1
  • Pani Jeziora (Saga o Wiedźminie, #5)
  • The Time of Contempt (The Witcher, #2)
  • Характерник #0
  • Harleen
  • Baptism of Fire (The Witcher, #3)
  • Wieża Jaskółki (Saga o Wiedźminie, #4)
  • Klaus
Paul Tobin is the Eisner-award winning, New York Times-bestselling author of Bandette, Colder, and many other comic books and graphic series.

Bandette, drawn by Colleen Coover, was awarded the Eisner Award for Best Digital Series in 2013, 2016, and 2017; and was a finalist for the Oregon Book Award for Graphic Literature in 2016. His original graphic novel I Was the Cat was nominated for an

The Witcher: Graphic Novels (5 books)
  • The Witcher, Vol. 1: House of Glass