Start by marking “Zaklínač: Liščí děti (Komiks Zaklínač, #2)” as Want to Read:
Zaklínač: Liščí děti (Komiks Zaklínač, #2)

Zaklínač: Liščí děti

(The Witcher (Dark Horse Comics) #2)

Geralt na své pouti zavítá na palubu lodi plné bláznů, odpadlíků a zločinců – a někteří z nich jsou ještě nebezpečnější, než by se na první pohled zdálo. Jeden z nich dokonce skrývá ohavné tajemství, které by mohlo na posádku i cestující přivolat nesmiřitelnou pomstu pověstné matky liščice...

Na akčně-hororovém příběhu zasazeném do světa úspěšné herní série Zakl
Published February 22nd 2016 by Nakladatelství Crew (first published December 29th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Zaklínač, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Zaklínač: Liščí děti (Komiks Zaklínač, #2)
Caro the Helmet Lady
Soooo pretty much it was a replay from Sezon burz, but only the line of the fox lady got expanded. Well, it was really enjoyable and probably especially so if you read it for the first time, unlike me. Good enough to continue!
Robert
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Those Wondering Witch Way to Turn Next
Shelves: hoopla
This is a pretty solid Witcher comic that sticks pretty close to the core ideas of the better Witcher stories/novels.

Geralt & Addario

Geralt is still the world-weary, stoic man-with-a-code we've seen before, his sidekick Addario the dwarf does well to act as a foil and keep tongue planted firmly in cheek. We meet a bickering crew of (m
Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)
The story begins with The Witcher boarding a ship with his companion Adaggio in order to protect the crew as they rescue a royal family’s kidnapped elf daughter. When The Witcher discovers she’s been kidnapped by a Vulpess he deems the mission impossible and suggests they turn around. Of course, the crew hasn’t told The Witcher everything and he then is faced with a vengeful and powerful foe.
“The Vulpesses are part fox, part elf, but entirely female...so pretty hard to fathom. Mystery, whimsy, miscfoe.
Chad
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I know nothing about The Witcher game, but this works well on its own as a fantasy story. Geralt and his dwarven companion board a ship headed downriver and only later find out the party onboard are hunting a vulpess, part fox, part woman, world class illusionist. When they find out, they immediately want off the ship and find out they weren't told the whole truth. Now the vulpess is hunting them and has them soon lost in a swamp full of danger and illusions. These Witcher comics have actually b ...more
Michelle Morrell
Geralt goes off on a side quest and runs into trouble, of course! A nice diversion if you like The Witcher, no real meat otherwise.
Monsour
3.5 stars or even moooorrreee :)

The fox child, is part of the story in the latest witcher book "Season of Storm". Where they add some, and cut some parts in the book to make a solid ending for this comic. Just like the previews witcher comic I've read I haven't had any liking to the artwork but still if you're into good geralt story I really recommend this.

But for plot convenient you should read the book first before reading this one.
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Ah, here we go. This is more in line with my normal opinion of the franchise. So many issues with this one, which is sad because there were some fairly cool ideas happening.

Full review to come.
47Time
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-fantasy
We get solid fantasy this time around as well, with the added benefit of a bit of piracy and slavery, more creatures and witcher magic, and humor from the main character. Even he seems powerless when faced with the evil in this story. He proves that fighting is not the only way to deal with evil in the world. And loses his swords - poor show, Geralt.

Geralt joinw a ship of men with a secret mission to rescue Xymena de Sepulveda, the daughter of a rich woman, from a vulpess. Geralt dis
Zafir Zafirov
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
„Illusion, Geralt...In the end, it is all Illusion”
I am yet to read the short story that this is adapted from, but, overall, I enjoyed it. I really like Tobin and Querio, and I think they are a great team - both manage to capture the feel and world of the Witcher with the writing and the illustrations. Sure, it still bugs me that Geralt uses signs often without any consequences on him whatsoever, but lets say it is a nitpick. I liked the twist in this one, and also the fact that Geralt once aga
Brendan
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was an interesting read and I have heard that they are adapting the Polish to English version of the story next year sometime. I liked the book but not nearly as much as House of Glass, the series shares the world of the game as opposed to the novels. I had found the world of The Witcher through Witcher 3 but I have the novels more in depth and haunting compared to the game. This story attempts a lot and fails to provide the depth it seeks, I would've liked some of the supporting characters ...more
Annie Werny
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
With this one I enjoyed the story more, because it was really just like another short novel from Sapkowski about Geralt but in a comic form. Literally. The true Witcher theme was almost tangible and that is definitely what I want from those other stories from difirent authors who decided to work with Geralt and Witcher's world in general. Because I want to feel like I'm reading about Geralt I know and love. The House of Glass (The Witcher: Volume 1.) was giving me that feeling, but less against ...more
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

With The Witcher: Volume 2 we have a contained and complete story separate from volume 1; the previous book does not need to be read first in order to enjoy Fox Children. Gamers looking to expand the world beyond The Wild Hunt and Assassins of Kings will find familiar territory and enjoy the story. Those new to the world of the Witcher can also begin with Fox Children since it is a standalone and can serve as a decent introduction to the character. Both
David
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books
Really loved the first book of this adaption to comic book but this one seemed flat compared to the similar beloved short story. Just didn't work for me. I'd rather have been reading the original Sapkowski.
Heather Fryling
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mystery, compassion, and evil mingle in an Eastern European fantasy setting.
Παναγιώτα Τσιμπαλίδη
Not bad. Loved the whole conflict amongst the characters and the Vulpess's powers and philosophy. Really does give off the atmosphere present in the books too.
Regina
I didn't realize that this was a second volume before I borrowed it from the library so to be honest, I don't know how much it took from my enjoyment of the book. One thing for sure, it did not make it harder to follow the story or get into it.
And maybe I will get a bit hurtful here, but I am not sure if that is a good thing or not. Like, I started this story with no knowledge of what the Witcher series is about, no knowledge about the characters and I could instantly orient myself: oh,
Antonio Kleber Gomes
When I first heard of The Witcher, a friend told me that I would love the story. It would have all the elements of magic and witchcraft that a canonic story would have and the universe was just so complex and elegant that I would have to make way for it to be respected by me just as Harry Potter and The Lord of The Rings universes are.

Although I am not entirely familiar with the mythos of this polish series, and yes, I intend to read all the books and play all the video games before
Travis O.
This is a pretty solid graphic novel, but it suffers from a few things that, I think, hoped it back from the quality of the previous volume. The art is a little tougher, which works in places, but often is just ugly on the side of caricature, particularly with the secondary characters, while tertiary are rendered as simple blob faces. My general feeling was that much of the art was rushed, to it's detriment.

The story, however, has the opposite weakness. While there's a good set up, w
Nikki Ellix
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Going into this not really knowing much about the Vulpess (or aguara) as a creature made this experience more enjoyable. A highlight throughout the games was accessing new bestiary entries for different monsters. Despite being such variety in the games/books eventually you become familiar with most of them.

Joe Querio is so suited to this kind of visual style, it comes across as effortless and I find it incredibly immersive. The lack of exact detail gives it a kind of ominous and cree
Jean
A small and minimally adventure-filled story (apparently based on an episode in one of the as-yet untranslated Witcher novels, but taking all its cues from the video games) feels unambitious, but is fun to read. I've seen others complain it's too padded out, and I sort of feel the opposite, that it could have benefited from focusing some of the empty panels of "atmosphere" to either character development (I was often mixing up all the secondary characters, and no one but Janessa stood out, and h ...more
Katherine
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Throughout this entire series, but particularly this book, I feel like the running theme is:
"Why doesn't anyone listen to the witcher?"
Good book overall, the art is stylistic while still managing to keep body proportions somewhat normal, and the dialogue sounds like actual things people would say as opposed to a script. Was a little annoyed with the transparency of the ending but maybe I've just read and played to much Witcher. Geralt was on point for characterization and the dwarf w
Marlowe
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
As with House of Glass, I appreciate how well Tobin has managed to capture Geralt's voice and the general tone of Witcher series.

The artwork, which disappointed me a bit in House of Glass, is still rather underwhelming. However, there is now a female character who actually wears clothing, so that's at least a little improvement (have no fear - the central female character is still naked). This is authentic to CD Projekt Red's vision of the series, so I can't fault it for that, but it'd be nice t
Nick Vossen
Slightly better than the first volume in both artwork and story.

On a side-note, however, I was disappointed that for all the praise the author gets for more fully understanding the Witcher world with this volume, I could not find an acknowledgment anywhere that the general plot of the story already exists in the book Season of Storms by Sapkowski. 90% of Fox Children is a straight adaptation, a good one at that, but credit must be given where it's due.
David
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fox Children is an excerpt from Sapkowski's book "Season of Storms" (2013 / English 2018). 4.5 stars.
(view spoiler)
Tomáš
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
Graphic style is now separated well from Hellboy universe (against the style of Glass House comics). From story I love the crazy nature of swam full of illusions and monsters. This story is distinct from others that Geralt knows he made an mistake and he counts with possibility of death whole time.
Václav
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: digital
Unlike first book, Fox Children TPB is not so mysterious and dark. Rather simple story, archetypal characters and OK drawing. I feel bit "Heart of Darkness" notes, but not enough to cast ghastly and gloomy atmosphere, and mythology around "Fox" is good, but it is only thing what directs the story. This book is plain and simple straight forward adventure with all cons and pros.
Monika M.
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More of awesome Geralt'ness! Aww, how can he even be a witcher, if he feels so much! <3
(view spoiler)
David Thomas
The Witcher voyages with a crew who are hunted by a revenge seeking fox-woman that uses illusion magic. Unfortunately this volume isn't as good as the first one. The crew keep falling for obvious illusions over and over and getting killed in stupid ways. Not awful, but not great.
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
I need to replay this game.
Javier DeLeon
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Already read it in Season of Storms, but having the pictures accompany the story was welcome.

• The Witcher: Matters of Conscience
  • The Witcher: Reasons of State
  • Bloodborne: The Death of Sleep (Bloodborne, #1)
  • Dragon Age: Magekiller
  • Dark Souls: The Breath of Andolus
  • Dark Souls: Winter's Spite
  • The World of the Witcher
  • Sezon burz (Saga o Wiedźminie, #0)
  • Сага про Сонценосців #2
  • Dark Souls: Legends of the Flame
  • Характерник #0
  • Dragon Age: Knight Errant
  • Колодроїд
  • Immortal Hulk, Volume 1: Or is he Both?
  • Miecz przeznaczenia (Saga o Wiedźminie, #0.75)
  • Захар Беркут: Легенда
  • Warhammer 40,000 Vol. 3: Fallen
  • Захар Беркут
Paul Tobin is the Eisner-award winning, New York Times-bestselling author of Bandette, Colder, and many other comic books and graphic series.

Bandette, drawn by Colleen Coover, was awarded the Eisner Award for Best Digital Series in 2013, 2016, and 2017; and was a finalist for the Oregon Book Award for Graphic Literature in 2016. His original graphic novel I Was the Cat was nominated for an Eisner in 2015.

Th

The Witcher (Dark Horse Comics) (4 books)
  • The Witcher, Vol. 1: House of Glass