Start by marking “Must Love Ghosts (Banshee Creek, #1)” as Want to Read:
Must Love Ghosts (Banshee Creek, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Must Love Ghosts

(Banshee Creek #1)

Seducing the Rational Skeptic...

Abby Reed believes in folk songs, faery tales, and ghosts, but she doesn’t believe in love. She lost her soulmate when her fiancé died while deployed in Afghanistan, but she still has her music, her crazy spectre-filled town, and her pen-pal-slash-best-friend, Mike Stone. It's a good life and she's happy, but when Mike arrives in Banshee Cre
Published February 2016 by FAC Publishing LLC (first published September 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Must Love Ghosts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Must Love Ghosts

Nenia Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

🎃 Read for the Unapologetic Romance Readers Halloween 2017 Reading Challenge for the category of: a romance novel romance about ghosts 🎃

I have a love-hate relationship with reading challenges. On the one hand, sometimes I find new gems I never would have thought to pick up otherwise (for example, this year's challenge led me to discover a new favorite author, V.J. Chambers). On the other hand, sometimes they have me scrambling around in t
Sophia
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I read the blurb and thought this sounded perfect for a fun, fall lighter spooky read. I hadn't tried the author so that added to my interest. The book set things up in the beginning exactly in a way to pull me in- cozy mystery meets romance with a hint of magical realism. Now, while my early excitement waned a tad, I still had a good time with the story.

The book opens with Mike Stone returning to the States after his last overseas tour of duty. He's weary of heart for the task he needs to do. H
"Avonna
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Must Love Ghosts (Banshee Creek Book #1) is a fun start to a new contemporary romance series with a bit of the paranormal thrown in. This was a fun read because the human characters were all very warm and real, you have to decide if the paranormal is real and the whole town itself is a character as the town people try to turn it into a tourist destination.

Abby Reed lost her fiancé in Afghanistan, but she stays in the town he loved and wanted to rejuvenate with all its eccentric inhabitants. She
Lola
Aug 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Must Love Ghosts is a fun and lighthearted romance novel with a bit of heat and a hint of the paranormal. I had fun reading this one and while it didn't completely wow me, I am still glad I picked this up and am planning to read more by this author. This book is as fun and cute as the cover suggested. There's also a bit of heat to the romance, which I hadn't expected, but fit the book nicely. The paranormal aspect was very mild, mostly hints about it and a scene at the end. The setting of Banshe ...more
Abigail Bok
Jun 22, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a fun goof of a book, about as substantial as cotton candy. It glances off the surfaces of deeper emotions but won't get your eyes wet.

Mike, a military man, arrives in Banshee Creek, Virginia, from deployment overseas, to deliver something to the girlfriend of a fallen comrade. But when he sees her, he gets sidetracked and doesn't cough up the goods till much later. It's Halloween in Banshee Creek--or is it the fall equinox? The first chapter appears to conflate the two--and the whole t
D.E.
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved the idea of Must Love Ghosts. I’m slowly falling madly and deeply in love with paranormal and was thus super-duper excited to try this interesting-sounding novel. Unfortunately, there’s not really a whole lot of paranormal in this book. The town of Banshee Creek is eccentric and loads and loads of fun, but it’s not paranormal just kooky. Totally fine by me. I’d move there in a New York minute. And not just so that I could try out of the bakery either.

I loved Abby. She was fun, a
Paula
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love paranormal & a sweet love story so this was a win win for me. Abby was adorable and Mike was such a sweet hunky guy. Abby's finance/Mike's best friend was killed and these these two have become friends via social media and email. It has been a little over a year and Mike is finally following through with a promise he made. They both have more than friend feelings for each other but Mike more than Abby are fighting it. Ugh. Loved the Halloween setting. Great beginning of this series.
Nicole
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable tale about a town that is trying to build it's reputation as being "the most haunted." Abby's fiance died while deployed and his friend, Mike, is on a mission to deliver a package left by the deceased. The two have stayed in contact over the years, and Mike has been in love with her from afar. When he arrives on her door step, he's swept up in her crazy world. Their chemistry melts off the page, and as an erotic novella, this was a pretty steamy story. I was a bit disappoin ...more
Melody
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, Quick Read

This was a fast, entertaining read. It was well-written, but fluffy.

The romance revolves around ex-military Mike, who is in love with his late best buddy's girlfriend, Abby. Unfortunately the paranormal element of this book was superficial, added for flavor and to highlight the differences between Type A Mike and manic pixie dream girl Abby.

Bottom line: it's a fun book, but not one I'll reread and continue to enjoy.
MELODY
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I will say it I have fallen into Ani Gonzalez, world of Banshee Creek! This is the first in her series. Banshee Creek, Virginia - wants to be known as the most haunted town in America - they are doing everything they can to prove it.

We meet Mike Stone, he is on a mission of his own, he has something to deliver to his deceased best friend's fiance. It's been awhile since Cole died, but Mike is trying to make things right. He doesn't want to admit that he has feelings for Abby, he has since he me
Mary Lou Hoffman
MUST LOVE GHOSTS is the first book in the Banshee Creek series. Though each will stand on its own, they are even better when read as a continuing serial.

I love sweet, fun, paranormal romance and this one touched all of those buttons. Plus, it was cute, bordering on ridiculous. It was the type of silliness that made me smile, laugh, and enjoy the whole day.

The characters are believably flawed and quirky. The story is light-hearted and the romances (both of them) made me so happy. Abby deserves he
Dharia Scarab
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
The authors paranormal adventures are better than the romances.

3 stars... This book was ok, but I won't go out of my way to read more, But if I find ano
Diana Blick
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a series, and there are also spin offs set in the same world. Some may find these a little light, but over time, the same characters appear and as you learn more about them, there is some significant character development. Sooner or later, you fall in love with Banshee Creek and its denizens. The books are fun, light hearted and generally include a little romance. So start here and keep reading. If you like paranormal romance, you will LOVE these. And while you're at it ...more
A. Powers
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't know why, but I just couldn't get into this book. It was a pretty easy and quick read, so it went by fast and wasn't exactly boring or anything... but it just wasn't for me. Communication difficulties and assumptions made between characters? Check. Unrequited love due to said lack of communication? Check. Oops, they've been in love with each other this whole time? Who would have ever seen that coming?
Margo James
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice romp in small town trying for the title of most haunted town in the US. There is a large paranormal society leading the race to the title. There is an equally aggressive Historical Preservation society blocking the efforts. As a Army vet comes to Banshee Creek to bring a package to his dead best friend’s fiancé, he finds himself smack in the middle of the feud. He also finds himself in love, with just the town?
Carin
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
2.75 - I was introduced to this series via a short in the 'Witch or Treat' short story collection. I had high hopes for this, and although it is billed as a paranormal romance, so much focus was placed on the romance that it seemed pointless to even brand it as paranormal, especially since the main (or supporting) characters aren't even supernatural. It felt like pulling out an old Harlequin romance novel. Just didn't do it for me.
Linda
3.5 Stars

A cute story. Started a little slow for me, but as I kept reading, the pace got better and I liked it more. It is one of those feel good stories that is not heavy on the paranormal, but more on the romance with a mix of comedy. The paranormal did not really kick in until the end, and have to admit, I actually liked that.
Josie
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the Banshee Creek Series. I’ve read them all and they are more a romance series, but if you read the next series Main Street Witches they all piece together. I enjoy how all the characters intertwine from book to book. I enjoyed how the author dropped current and past TV shows information so I could actually picture all the cosplay going on.
Suzi
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will read the next book in this series

I really like the concept of this series, there are some wrong words and some misspelled words, minor, but throughout the book, I'm scratching my head and saying 'Huh?'. The vision of what the author wanted to say or describe didn't occur. Maybe it's time for an updated editing? Anyway, thank you for the entertainment Ms Gonzalez.
Stephanie Barnes
Just an owl?

There were some spelling errors and words left out.
I loved the name of the town which was part of the reason I was drawn to the book. The story itself was sweet, it showed true friendship and love.
Since the ending took me by surprise, I am very curious as to how the second book evolves.
Liz Etnyre
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Short, cute, not a lot of substance, but lots of fairly graphic sex. Sets things up fairly well for future tales. It seems that each episode centers on a different character/couple. A nice quick, enjoyable read, but nothing much more.
PJ Lea
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
📚📚📚📗

Good story, I like that the main character is feisty rather than sweet.
The romance is there but I was expecting more of the paranormal element, rather than a lot of talk. I'm hoping there's more in the next book.
Jennifer Holzapfel
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It wasn't as haunted as expected, but it ended with an unfinished plot twist. which is always a kick in the shins of the reader. The series looks really promising and I recommend it for its humor along with its romance under a cloud of sadness.
Hillary Hurst
Not what I expected

I knew I was getting a love story but I thought it would be more.....more spice more paranormal more mystery. Well written but not what I was wanting when I picked it.
Lisa
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story

This was a pretty good cozy, paranormal love story, if that makes sense.
I enjoyed it. The author needs to clean up a few typo's, but it didn't detract from the story.
Give it a try.
Jana Gundy
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny and delightful

This is a tale of two friends who end up in love but the story in between is delightful. Abby is quirky yet loving and Mike is a by the book, play by the rules kind of guy. You'll be entertained as these two find their way to each other.
Lisa Rector
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Great for a Halloween. Cute read. I was drawn in by the characters’ back stories. Made the story relatable when I was worried it would be all about the sex. It was definitely kinky. Not for clean readers.

Reader Rated for ages 18+ for sensuality and off page sex.
Misty l Otto
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

A great fun read. Totally weirdly awesome town and very interesting characters. I'll have to find all the books. I can't wait for more
Sunshine✰✰✰
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was cute and short and fun. More a fluffy romance than a paranormal story, but it was a perfect light read.
Barbara Trice
Banished Creek Book 1

Thanks for my first Banshee Creek read! I enjoyed this Book enough to try for more! I hope the next one is as good. An Amazon reader
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Paranormal and Ho...: Must Love Ghosts ARCs Available 14 23 Oct 15, 2015 09:35AM

• Charmed
  • Chasing Victory (The Winters Sisters #1)
  • Catching Stardust
  • Predator's Refuge (Gemini Island Shifters, #3)
  • Emily's Trial (Akasha Chronicles, #2)
  • Falling (Fade, #2)
  • Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2)
  • Undercover With the Enemy
  • The Day the Flowers Died
  • The Ghost Pirate's Treasure: Mystery of the Jaguar Warrior (Paranormally Yours, #1)
  • Love's Prophecy (Prophecy, #1)
  • Shadow of the Blood Moon (Blood Moon, #2)
  • Give Me Love (Reason, #4)
  • The Forbidden Trilogy (The Forbidden Trilogy #1-3)
  • Broken Promises (Brianna Lane, #1)
  • An Unexpected Affair (Scottish Werebear, #1)
  • My Highland Bride (Highland Hearts, #2)
  • Blood Twist (Erris Coven, # 2)
Hi! I write about smart, funny people making out (and finding corpses) in haunted houses. I like ghost stories, chocolate, and sangría.

Banshee Creek (4 books)
  • Ghost of a Chance (Banshee Creek, #2)
  • A Merry Monster Holiday (Banshee Creek, #3)
  • My Ghostly Valentine (Banshee Creek, #4)