Start by marking “Coming Home (LA Lovers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Coming Home (LA Lovers, #1)

Coming Home

(LA Lovers #1)

Blaise Knight is content. She owns a trendy, in-demand flower boutique, has wonderful friends, and an obsession with red velvet cake. After a string of disappointing dates, Blaise decides to give up on dating, and focus on the things that are most important to her.

Greyson Steele is the “family stud”. After his stint in the Delta Force, he is coerced into the family busines
Published 2016 by Jourdyn Kelly

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Home

Start your review of Coming Home (LA Lovers, #1)
Mar 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
***ARC Provided by the author and NetGalley***

I wanted to like this. The cover and storyline in the blurb appealed to me. I liked that Greyson was 39, as the heroes in books seem to always be 28-32. I liked that Blaise was a florist. But, I did not like it. When I give a really low rating/review, I like to give the reasons why I came to the determination I did about the book.

1. Dialog- it was uneven, stilted, and there were a few places in the book where it was so awkward I felt that it was pull
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

“There is a fine line between arrogance and confidence, Mr. Steele. I abhor arrogance. Be careful how close to the line you get.”

“She risked red velvet cake asking Ellie to do this. You screw that up for her, and ultimately for me, I don’t think your military training will help you at all.”

“Action movies and a muscle car. You realize you’re every man’s wet dream, right? Tell me you drink beer and watch sports, and I’ll marry you right now.”

“‘You made me even later. I
Mia Elbaf
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This book was sooo good that I was surprised to be changing my opinion on contemporary stories. I really enjoyed this one and the only thing that kept me from finishing it in one sitting was work.

The story was very simple, yet highly addictive. Blaise Knight decided to give up on dating after many unsuccessful experiences in that department. For her, she didn't believe in love anymore and she needed
Jen
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguingly Captivating

I was hesitant about reading this book but I'm glad I took the chance because 💯 I loved this story!!!!

It broke my heart, pissed me the hell off & reduced me to tears, riding the emotional rollercoaster from the prolgue to the epilogue.

The unpredictable & suspenseful storyline made this a very entertaining & engaging book. With a natural, almost effortless, flow to this interesting narrative & relatable characters made it an easy read.

I recommend this book to anyone who
purpletri
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

By far one of the best stories ever. Pulled me right in from the start. Good chemistry. Then the plot got even better and I was up half the night because I couldn't put it down.
Christina
What Worked For Me:
Warning…..be prepared to fall in love over and over again!
I have never read anything by Jourdyn Kelly, but after reading Coming Home, I know I will read more of her in the future. Coming Home is a beautiful and haunting romance about two people who find love when neither of them were looking for it. Blaise and Greyson stumble upon each other quite by accident. He parks in her designated parking space and she loses her mind over it, and eventually, him. Their first meeting is f
i fall in love book blog
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

This is the first book in the LA Lovers series. It is a standalone, though the characters from the next book make an appearance in this one, and vice versa. It’s told in alternating viewpoints that add an authenticity to the story that may have been missing if it had just been told in Blaise’s point of view.

I loved Blaise. She’s a cake eating, flower shop owning woman with a passion for life. Her relationship with her best friend was one of my favorite things and you just really wanted
Wanda Shull
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Finally! A heroine that is not a damsel in distress. Blaise Knight may be one of my all time favorite characters, and this book does not disappoint in telling her story. I got to read this book in advance, and I am so glad I did. Some of my favorite things about this book are:

1. The friendship between Blaise and Ellie. I love this relationship. The personalities of the two women play well off each other, and this being weaved through the story gave an added flair that worked well.

2. Blaise's c
Arantxa Herrera
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I give this book 4/5 stars

First, I must start with how shocked I was about 3/4 of this book. It gave me one of the biggest plot twists I've read in a very long time. I was slightly scared but mostly excited.

So this book tells us the story of Blaise Knight, a New Zealand woman living in the States who owns a flower shop called "Knight in Bloom". She lives a good life doing what she loves not only selling flower arrangements but also experiments with them (which I loved about her), has an obsessio
Karen Whittard
Nov 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Ohhh I hate it when you are stuck with what you feel about a book. I mean I didn't hate it but then I didn't love it either. I think o just felt a bit confused by it. Looking at the cover and then reading the bio I went into this book thinking that it would be a sweet love story. But it's nothing like what I expected and that's both a really good thing and a bad thing because when you have your mind set about something it's sometimes hard to turn it around to see it differently. I don't think it ...more
Fiction  Vixens Blog
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading anything by Jourdyn Kelly and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Jourdyn Kelly has given us a lovely and haunting romance about two people who finally fine love without looking for it.The characters are sweet and very likable ,and I like how each chapter seems to flow into the next. This is Greyson and Blaise touching story. Greyson is a man who wants somebody good in his life. He was a man I had a hard time liking .Why ? Because he didn't know enough ...more
Karen
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Coming Home, written by Jourdyn Kelly, is the first book in the LA Lovers series. This is the first book that I have read by this author, and have to say that I was truly impressed! I wasn't sure what to expect because this was an author that was new for me, however, this story exceeded my expectations. I am looking forward to reading more by Jourdyn Kelly.

Blaise Knight is the owner of a successful flower shop, Knight in Bloom. She has some pretty amazing friends, and life is going great for her
Ashley (Reads by Ashley)
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This book was sent to me in exchange for an honest review.

I'm a person who loves to read contemporary romance. This book is worth to read it more than twice ! I even want to give it more than just five starts. Here is Greyson a man who is kind of "desperate for somebody good in his life", as I like to call it. That in the story I start to hate him, don't even know the reason. It was just he hates when a women says to him. Like why do you have to keep bothering because she say no to you in the fi
Toni
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was a pleasant surprise for me. I wasn't expecting the mystery and a little suspense in this romance but it was really good. This is my first Jourdyn Kelly novel but it will definitely not be the last (I hope she writes a book with Cade and Ellie).

Blaise is the owner of floral shop that has been unlucky in finding a man she can put up with who doesn't allow he ego to come into play. In walks Greyson, he isn't any different from the losers she's encountered but there's something about
P Leslie
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I got this book from net gallery for an honest review.

The narrative was good and I like how Greyson pursues Blaise. I even liked the fact she played hard to get and enjoyed the encounters they have together. However, Blaise's character after awhile annoyed me: the phrase one step forward two steps back comes to mind because when the story makes a small progress forward, everything goes back again somehow. I liked Greyson's character, as he was a little more forthcoming with his feelings. Greyson
Rebecca
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received this book in advance for review.

This book is a 'just one more chapter' type of book. I have been lost in this book loosing sleep and time to find out how the relationship of Blaise and Greyson turned out.

One chapter flowed into another, and the characters are very likeable. You just want them to get on, get everybody else to keep their noses out and for love to blossom. Will they or won't they make it into the new territory of 'relationship' status?

When a turn in events has Greyson
Juliana Ignácio
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
I really liked the story and the characters. I found myself laughing in various parts, especially the friendship between Blaise and Ellie, and Jessie, their friendship is strong and beautiful, and really fun as well.
And when Greyson Steele appears in Blaise's life, her opinion of relationships changes completely, until the hideous Greyson's family appears to disrupt everything.
A very well written history and well developed characters. I loved
Brittany Crouser
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is honestly one of the best books i have read in awhile. The story between Greyson and Blaise is wonderful with twists and turns that made it capture your attention. I tried to make the story last as long as i could but it seemed impossible to lay the book down. I would love for there to be another book about them.
Greeva
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me in exchange for an honest review.
I love to read romance, especially contemporary romance. This is the kind of book which once you start reading you want to know what happens next and keep on turning page. I personally loved the book.
sherri faubion
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You want to take along fun time to read a good book here it is

It has love, friends fun and suspense, and happiness and happily endings
Girl gets boy, cars and boy get to save girl from stupid people

Tami
Mar 20, 2016 rated it liked it
This review is based on an ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

This book was a solid 4 until Blaise was forced to go to NZ. I have no clue what was held over her head to get her there.
Linda S. Wood
Nov 19, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Those Who Wait
  • Starting Over
  • A Glimpse Into the Wind (Robin and Jen Book 1)
  • Forever and A Day: a Those Who Wait story
  • Holding Space
  • Truly, Madly, Deeply
  • Her Legal Intern: A Lesbian Office Romance
  • The Business of Love
  • Lands End
  • A Shot at Gold (Sports, #2)
  • What Happened in Vegas?
  • Before Her
  • Bitter Sweet Revenge
  • Mutual Benefits
  • Foxy Lady (A Fur-Ever Veterinary Romance, #2)
  • Spark (The Hellfire Quartet, #1)
  • Sealed with a Kiss: A Lesvos Love Story (Lesbian Island Book 1)
  • Strollers and Swings (Sunsets and Shades, #2)
I’ve been in Houston, Texas, writing novels and designing websites since 2009. Moving here was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, because I’ve been able to live wonderfully, and write my heart out. I’ve always enjoyed the arts in one form or another. Music sets the mood, reading stimulates my brain, and writing allows me to utilize my imagination in any way I want. I’ve been writing stories ...more

LA Lovers (4 books)
  • Coming Out (An LA Lovers Book)
  • Becoming: An LA Lovers Book