Start by marking “Acting Happy (A Happily Ever After Novel #2)” as Want to Read:
Acting Happy (A Happily Ever After Novel #2)

Acting Happy (A Happily Ever After Novel #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  151 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Acting Happy, the much anticipated sequel to the #1 international bestselling novel, Chasing Happy, is now available.

Ty Bateman isn’t as bad as the tabloids say, but being virtually imprisoned behind the windowless walls of his home to avoid the clicking cameras of a life of extreme celebrity will turn anyone jaded and distrustful. Needing a break from his tainted reality,
Published March 22nd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Acting Happy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Acting Happy

Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Acting Happy is the second book in the Texas Desires Series. It's also only the second book Rylie has written, and that surprises me. I can't wait for more! The first book follows Reed's story and now it's time for one of his best friends' Ty's. I love Reed but Ty is a total different type of man that I fell for instantly...

Ty Bateman is one of the biggest actors in the world. He has been working a crazy schedule over the last twelve years in the business. He wants to slow down, and the perfect
Liz
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: celebrity
Vacationing in the Great Smoky Mountains, hottie superstar actor Ty (friend of Reed's from book 1) meets Kenzie, who's living with her parents after her divorce... and there's something else going on there, but we won't find out until 50% in.

Essentially this is all about Ty convincing K that he's really in love with her, K getting more comfortable with the idea of trusting a man after her awful marriage and then dealing with the publicity and the paparazzi once they've become a couple.

Reed and L
Ariana
Mar 25, 2016 rated it liked it
It was okay. I liked Ty. Kenzie was love/hate. But I'll continue with this series.
Chrissy
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016, series
Fun, flirty, sweet, and an exciting read! Acting Happy is a stand alone in the Texas Desires series by Rylie Roberts that had me hooked from beginning to end!

In Acting Happy we meet Ty Bateman and Kenzie Stanton. On paper these two would never work, Ty’s a huge movie star and Kenzie is a small town girl with a secret. So when the two of them meet, and the sparks fly, I knew I was going to be on one heck of a ride with these two.

Ty’s sick and tired of the business, and excited for a few weeks of
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the first book in this series, Chasing Happy, so it was a no brainer when it came to reading Acting Happy. You can read this book without reading the first, but why could you want to miss out on the goodness?

What an adorable book. Ty and Kenzie are two people who you wouldn't expect to be together if you looked at them on paper.

But you never know what is behind the facade, what people are hiding behind their smiles.

From their first fl
Melissa Mcentyre
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Acting Happy (Texas Desire #2) by Rylie Roberts is a fun, sweet, heart catching read. Acting Happy can be read as a standalone, but is more involving if you have read Book 1 in this series. We met the 5 best friends from West Texas in Book 1-Chasing Happy, Reed and Lara’s story. The 5 are spread across the world. Their jobs are- “Reed over there, he owns the world (CEO of a multi-faceted Company). Braden’s an attorney in Dallas. Connor’s military and Cole…He’s in the family business. They’re far ...more
Emily Goodman
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Do you love a heart happy read? Something that is fun, flirty, and just makes you giggle like a schoolgirl with her first crush? If you answered yes, then you absolutely must read Rylie Roberts’ newest release Acting Happy, Book Two in her Texas Desires Series. Now, I know what you are thinking… Ugh it’s book two! You can absolutely read this one as a standalone, however you’d be missing out on a tale of five childhood best friends all from West Texas. Although they are stretched apart from one ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Acting Happy is the second book in the Texas Desires series, and this one concentrates on Ty. He is a move star, very close to being burnt out. He has insisted on a holiday and has retreated to the mountains where he has organised a weekend with his buddies, to reground himself. Not long after he arrives, he sees Kenzie helping a lady with her shopping. It is one of those moments where your heart stops, and your breath catches in your throat. He NEEDS to know this woman. Unfortunately for him, C ...more
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review. ***

This book is the second in the Texas Desires series and while it can be read as a standalone, I really suggest you give book 1, Chasing Happy, a chance. It's really good!

Ty Bateman, one of Hollywood's most sought after actors and leading man is nearly burned out, so he decides to take a 4-week vacation to decide what it is that he wants to do with his life. The last thing he expected was to find a woman he can't
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kenzie Stanton never thought she would move back home to the town that she wanted to get away from. She has sworn that when she gets out of the trouble her ex landed her in, she won't have another relationship. It's too bad she can't this through her matchmaking mother's head. The day a hot man shows up in her family's store, is the day her life is turned upside down again. Ty Bateman has become a cynical, take charge TV and movie star since experiencing the life as a famous celebrity. The time ...more
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
Ty and Kenzie are the most unlikely of couples but are so sweet together that it hurts my teeth...They are both looking for change and find it in one another. Their courtship in Tennessee is so normal while Ty’s life in LA is so demanding and cruel… He's sick of his life and contemplating a complete life overhaul when he buys a chair in a little country store that changes the course of his life. And sometimes it's great for your parents to intervene!

The characters in the book are well developed
Amanda Brown
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Acting Happy -Rylie Roberts

5 stars--review by Amanda B.

Becca
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was the first book that I've read by Rylie Roberts and as soon as I finish I went and bought book 1 in this series! I absolutely loved this book and can't wait for more in the series to come!

Ty the handsome movie star who is tired of the life he lives. Kenzie the shy beautiful girl who is stuck in a situation after living a sheltered life - being in the wrong place and trusting the wrong person. She's been burned, he's been burned and the two have a connection that is fast and furious - sc
Hephzibah Tolentino ochoa
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Acting Happy is the 2nd book in the Texas Desires series. This series follows 5 childhood friends from West Texas. This books starts with the 5 friends meeting up for their annual vacation at Sexiest Man and popular actor Ty Bateman's home in the Smoky Mountains. While stocking up on groceries at the local store, they meet Kenzie Stanton the daughter of the store owners. Ty immediately feels a connection to the beautiful and reserved Kenzie.
Kenzie has recently returned home after divorcing her a
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This is an amazing story of love, courage and learning to trust again. I am always amazed when I read a book about a couple who defy the odds and decide to give each other a chance. I also love a story that moves slow and does not jump right into insta love.

This is the story of Kenzie and Ty. Kenzie works in a hospital as a social worker helping others. She has always wanted to help others out and working in the hospital does just that. Ty is a celebrity movie star. He is known as a bad boy and
Geri
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When a country boy makes it big and achieves his dreams, but never forgets his childhood friends it makes for one boys trip to a cabin in the mountains away from all the paparazzi and gossip. Ty is one of the most popular actors around, but sometimes just wants to be done with it all and have a life with a wife, picket fence, and kids. He and his friends get together to kick back and relax in his cabin and catch up. When they go to the local mom and pop store, they see a beautiful woman and Ty i ...more
Jennifer's Reading
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in this amazing series. This time it is Ty & Kenzie, and while I didn't read the first book, I think it would have helped know more about the others in the series as well.

This was full of fun and laughs, but still a sweet love story. However, it isn't all rainbows and sunshine. Like real life, there are ugly parts that cause problems and could possibly make the good parts end if you let it. What happens when one is rich and famous and the other is the person next door
Jill M
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-sexy-men
This story makes my heart happy. It’s sweet and sexy with some flirty fun. Ty and Kenzie just mesh together. They’ve both been “acting happy” for so long when something comes a long to really make them happy they don’t recognize those feelings. Together these two will heal each other so they can stop “acting happy” and start being happy.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in the series but this book was so much better then the first. Rylie Roberts’ writing gets better with each story and book.
Amy  Crull
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author and I must I loved this book! It had relatable characters that you just have to love. Kenzie and Ty both come from not so great pasts that hold them back from relationships. Yes Ty is a big time movie star but he's just a regular country boy at heart. Kenzie, was a bit of a wallflower and got into the wrong crowd with the wrong guy.. I kinda relate to her the most, mostly because there's a lot of similarities between us. I must say Ty is a true gentleman, he ...more
Renee at Book Happiness
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I recieved this for an honest review.. first I have to say I absolutely LOVE Rylie Roberts and her writing style.. I was so very excited for this book and let me tell you I was not disappointed this book just made me all kinds of happy...

This is Ty and Kenzie's story and I was sucked in from page one until the end!! This book is a fun and sexy read... This book is wonderfully written with just enough of everything to keep this little bookworm happy and acting all kinds of happy!!!
Darlene Richardson
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Acting Happy. What a sweet story? I fell in love with Rylie Roberts' first book Chasing Happy so I preordered Acting Happy I wasn't disappointed. Ty Bateman famous Hollywood actor fell hard for Kenzie Stanton a small town girl going through some ugly things in her life. The book was fun, sweet, sexy and such a heart warming story. It was also nice to see the characters from Chasing Happy in this book as well since they were childhood friends. Five Fantastic Stars.
Stacy Aube
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for a honest review. This book was read and reviewed by Stacy Aube for Cutting Muse Blog Review.

This is the first book I have read by Rylie. It was a great story. I got emotional at times. I really wished I started with the first book in the series. I will however have to read the next book.
linda reynolds
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book

Loved ty and Mackenzie, this also blended with yr first book chasing happy. The roller coast of feelings and emotions, can't wait to read your next book.

Angel
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: freebie, mf
Ty is a very famous actor who needed a break from Hollywood. He vacations in the mountains for a few weeks, and falls hard for a local girl. Kenzie just moved back home after a failed marriage and some serious drama. Their connection is immediate, but starting a new relationship in the public eye isn't easy. This is Book 2, but definitely works as a standalone. Great characters, great storyline.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description

5 of 5 stars

This was book 2 in the Texas Desires series. It was the story of Kenzie Stanton and Ty Bateman and I loved it.

Ty and Kenzie meet when Ty comes to her quite mountain town for a little R&R away from the spotlight that is his life. Ty is one of the biggest stars in Hollywood and it's taking its toll on him mentally. When he sees Kenzie its love at 1st sight for him and he finds himself breaking all of his own rules and typical behaviors just to be around her. But Kenzie has a lot of
Super*BETA*Reader
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is only the second novel written by Rylie Roberts, and once again she did an amazing job. It's hard to believe she has so little experience when she really does write like an absolute pro.

These are the sort of stories that I love. Sweet, romantic, lighthearted stories. There are no massive plot twists or drama, no cheating or big scandals etc. There are enough crazy, sad things happening in the real world, I like my fantasy world to have happy endings. Ty was gorgeous, wealthy and absolute
Peggy
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book in Rylie Roberts 'A Texas Desires series', which follows 5 best friends in Chasing Happy, (Reed and Lara) Acting Happy (Ty and Kenzie) This book is about sexy successful movie star Ty Bateman and gorgeous small town girl Kenzie Stanton. Rylie Roberts has fast become one of my favourite authors of all times. Her books are entertaining and masterfully written. It amazes me that this is only Rylie's 2nd book! This book is well written and compelling from beginning to end with l ...more
Lisa
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I Love this so much!! Acting Happy is the perfect second book in this series. You have some of the gang from Chasing Happy which I love. And I love Kenzie and Ty together. Once I started reading I didn't want to stop and I can't wait till the next in the series.
Spunky N Sassy
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

The second book in the Texas desires series, this book is about friends, family and finding happiness without having to try.
Nina K
Jul 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Good book, found myself skimming. Ty was adorable, the book was fluffy sweet. The story line was sweet and good but not a grab you and make you want to read in one sitting is just good.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Damaged Goods (Men of London, #7)
  • A Life, Freed
  • Cruel Water (Portland ME, #2)
  • Butterfly Kisses (The Butterfly Chronicles, #2)
  • Escaping Love (Koning Clan, #2)
  • Tempted (101 Nights, #4)
  • Bittersweet (Dancers and Divas, #2)
  • Emergence (Eden's Root Trilogy, #3)
  • Blue (Blue, #1)
  • The Soul Retrieval
  • The Prisoner (The Replacement, #1.5)
  • A Hero's Heart
  • Hard (The Bear Chronicles of Willow Creek #2)
  • Florentine's Hero (Sisters of McDougal Ranch, #4)
  • Slipping Reality
  • One Enchanted Evening
  • Circling Back
  • Debt
Hollywood Binge novels debuting June 11, 2017 with co-author, Julia Bright. You can follow along by joining her newsletter at www.rylieroberts.com. Stay tuned. There’s more on the way.
More about Rylie Roberts

A Happily Ever After Novel (3 books)
  • Chasing Happy (A Happily Ever After Novel #1)
  • Mission Happy (A Happily Ever After Novel #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be