Start by marking “Ukiyo (Blud, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ukiyo (Blud, #1)

Ukiyo (Blud, #1)

Archaeology professor by day, backup shooter by night…

On a routine assignment, Ukiyo finds herself dragged into a world of danger and deception when she is forced to pull the trigger and kill a man. Torn between the agency that funds her research and a man she knows nothing about, she has to choose sides in a secret war that dates back hundreds of years.

Guardian, protec
Kindle Edition
Published March 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Ukiyo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ukiyo

Dianne
Enter to win One of Seven eCopies from Mela Ciano!
Click on Banner to Enter - INTL where allowed!

Another amazing read from a new and talented author! Mela Ciano's’s Ukiyo paints a whole new face to the paranormal genre. Dark, dangerous and vividly told, Ukiyo is plunges us into a world where trust is a commodity to use sparingly and greed and betrayal are powerful weapons.

Secret lives, secret wars, secret protectors, one woman will find herself drawn into a world of death with the only sure thin
Natalie Herzer
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: urban fantasy lovers
Wow.

Ukiyo is an amazing urban fantasy novel. It has all the right ingredients of action and suspense, fantasy and romance. The world mela Ciano creates is the one we know, but filled with the unexpected. Slavic mythology serves as the background for a change, and definitely doesn’t disappoint.

From the first sentence I found myself pulled head over heels into the fast-paced action, much like Ukiyo, and couldn’t let go. What happens when demons and human nature meet? Lots of twists and turns unfol
Beth
Ukiyo was extremely original new fantasy to devour. This marvelous adventure was enhanced by colorful, descriptive and very vivid writing style. As the plot twists and turns, you will find yourself drawn deeper into a world where magic of the paranormal clashes with the real world. Greed and control, promises and betrayal, family and bonds all play a pivotal role in Ukiyo's story.

At times, this plot was quite complex. I did find myself re-reading a section or few.

Ukiyo is a great new series and
Salisa
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Big thanks to the author for the book in exchange for an honest review.

Blud-Ukiyo... is an urban fantasy first and foremost but also has a mystery and a suspense element to it that would draw mystery and suspense lovers. The beginning was a little difficult for me to get into since I am not overly fond of suspense. Suspense and Mystery was there from the first page to the last.

The book started with Ukiyo in an assignment that goes wrong. From that day onwards her life was never the same. She
Cary Morton
Aug 29, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I received a copy of this book directly from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

It was with a heavy, and somewhat disappointed heart that I set this book aside at 20% in. To be clear, I didn’t finish the book—that doesn’t mean that I hated the book… only that I couldn’t finish it. Let me explain.

Ukiyo by Mario Saincic started off strong. The first few chapters were riveting—full of action and atmosphere and I found Ukiyo a fascinating and easy to like character. I was sucked i
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
This review was originally posted on Books and Ladders

This had such a good premise and started off really strong, but the ending lacked something for me. I just can't quite put my finger on what it is.

The beginning was full of fast paced action and adventure and I was sucked right in. And this lasted for most of the novel. It was high tempo and adventure all the time until the very end. From the assignment gone wrong up until Ukiyo visits her aunt and the director visits, I was in awe of how mu
CommonBookSense
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book surprised me. Based solely on the blurb, I honestly wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it or not....but I did, I did, I diiiiiddd. I'm such a sucker for books with mysterious-bad-boy characters. Especially books with a strong female lead....And strong Ukiyo is....and hot/myaterious Buri is!!!!

I can't say very much without giving anything away, but this book will be worth your time. It's action-packed and full of unique (and very developed) characters.

The plot stayed consistent...with some plot t
Madelon
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are books we call mysteries, and then there are mysterious books. The latter take you down a road of innuendo, make you think... wonder. When I saw the word archeology in the blurb, I was hooked. I didn't quite get to the part where our heroine a double life. If I had, I would have wanted to read it even more.

I am prone to snap judgments and find myself to be right about those judgments more often than not. I expected a thriller and I got a thriller, perhaps one even more pulse pounding th
Charlotte
Mela Ciano delivers an awesome story.

The first page of Ms Ciano's newest work of art, Ukiyo, is like a portal opening up in front of you. You read the first words and, much like Ukiyo, you are pulled into an unknown world - filled with heart-stopping action, gripping suspense and that beautiful spark of romance.

The story is very well written and vividly told. It's a masterpiece of a balancing act between action/suspense and romance. It NEVER gets boring, believe me!

And let's not forget the urba
Sandra
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a far cry from Mela's previous novel, Break the Chains and I hope it is going to be the first of many novels in this series as Mela has already established such a good character in Ukiyo.

Here life is an adventure, and it is for Ukiyo who finds it hard to trust anyone in her life, especially her enemies. Ukiyo is a team player who also has to think for herself in dire situations that for anyone else would get the better of them. She's a decent character, gutsy and has to be to compete wit
Annie
Sep 27, 2015
Chloe Roberts
Sep 15, 2015
Sherry
rated it did not like it
Jul 28, 2015