Start by marking “Tales from the Front (Air Awakens, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Tales from the Front (Air Awakens, #2.5)

Tales from the Front

(Air Awakens #2.5)

12 stories told from different perspectives that have to be read between book 2, Fire Falling, and book 3, Earth's End.

The order of point of views are:
* Fritz
* Baldair
* Tim
* Erion
Published February 10th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Tales from the Front, please sign up.
Aishwarya Suresh You don't have to but it offers a little more perspective from each character of what occurs in the third book. But it could be read after the third…moreYou don't have to but it offers a little more perspective from each character of what occurs in the third book. But it could be read after the third book too, which is what I did.(less)

Start your review of Tales from the Front (Air Awakens, #2.5)
Daiane
This novella tells us the story from different POVs. It's a nice to have (read) but to be read between book 2 and 3 I thought it was kinda confusing. Specially after book 2 ended with such a cliffhanger that makes us run to get the next book, if you just go and read this one it kinda spoils things.

In addition, for me some POVs were kinda useless. Sometimes I didn't even know who was narrating as the characters would be only formally introduced in the next book. So sometimes, whatever they were
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
4.5 Stars!

If you're about to start Earth's End by Elise Kova... STOP!!! Read this book first, it's meant to be read in between Fire Falling and Earth's End. And trust me it isn't one of those novellas you could've done without because this definitely does ADD to the story. This story takes place just before the imminent incident that shall not be named. (view spoiler) It's basically the POV of all the key characters in Fire Falling and a sneak peak
Elise Kova
Mar 23, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
For anyone wondering how to get Tales from the Front... It's a free exclusive for my newsletter subscribers! Learn more about my newsletter and grab it here: http://elisekova.com/subscribe/

Happy Reading :)
Kristalia
Feb 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Final rating: 3/5 stars

Thank you, Elise Kova, for these alternative POVs. I'm glad to see these stories, especially Fritz ones - the best. Whenever I read books with only one character having POV, I start to wonder what it would be like to see the things from the someone else's perspective.

Definitely read between book 2 and 3. It's a material you might want to read because it gives more insight into things in between.

Also, Aldrik's POV. Enough said.
And Baldair's.
And Daniel's.

REVIEW(S)
ambsreads
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such an interesting snippet of stories. It's always interesting to get perspectives bar the main character!
Muse-ic ♬
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it
2.5
My feelings towards this novels are nonexistent.
It was so boring that I simply don't care.
It wasn't bad, I just wasn't hooked or interested.
I started reading it, then I just skimmed the rest of it.
There were approximately 10 characters, and to each one, no more than five or six pages were dedicated. Most times not even five or six pages. They were each so short and nothing exciting happened within them to fill the space between the second and third books of this series.

They were the types of
Maud
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella
Used this to pass the time until book 3 came out, loved it!
One of these short stories totally changed my opinion on one of the characters which I think just shows you how amazing Elise Kova is!
Austine (NovelKnight)
This very short novella from the Air Awakens series falls afterFire Falling (book 2) and before book 3,Earth's End. If you've kept up with the series so far, you'll know that the books are told from Vhalla's point of view but this novella looks inside the minds of some of the other characters as well as a few new ones that appear in the next book.

To be honest, compared to the main series, I didn't think this was really up to par but it was interesting to get brief glances into other characters'
Didi
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
This very short novella gives several different pov's between books 2 and 3 of the series. It's available only off the authors website.
It was short, so that's good. I say that because I don't know if it was 'necessary' to read. Gave us some behind the scenes stuff, but stuff that didn't seem to have any major impact. Anyways, doesn't even matter! Because book 3, here I come!!
Minni Mouse
Welp, now we know why Elise Kova didn't write the Air Awakens series from multiple points of view -- she's not terribly good at it.

That just left me confused...so we're going to move on and pretend this one didn't happen...
Valerie
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: april-2017
Aldrik's pov breaks my heart a little, Reale's story broke my heart a lot, Emperor is still a bastard and world's biggest douche, Jax and Erion are baes, Baldair is precious <3
Felicia
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice short little story with multiple POVs of people Vhalla has met throughout the book. It was said that this book needed to be read in between book 2 and 3 and that is 100% true.
Brad
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016-reads

at 40 pages it's hard to rate it higher than that, but the differing POVs gave a brief insight into various characters, particularly Daniel, Baldair and Erion.
Bianca {Until The Last Page}
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a nice and fun read, seeing things from different perspectives. I liked Daniel and Aldrik's tales.
Lia
Feb 14, 2016 added it
Kindaaaaaa pointless, they should have just been added to the actual books but wtv it was nice reading from other characters POV
Erika (The Nocturnal Fey)
Reading this in chronological order, everything makes a lot more sense. *nods* Yes, yes. *nods*
chelsea
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a little boring, but that's what you get for short stories. If anything, these short stories made me dislike Aldrik a little.
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this insight into the other characters thoughts
hope ❅
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm bad at reviews so I'm just gonna do some quotes that I liked.

“He’d relish in the queen who led his people opposite him. The light to his darkness, the counterweight to all he was, the woman his dreams assured him would rise at his side to sit with him upon a golden throne.”

“The girl is surrounded by fire. You’re setting yourself up to get burned.”
Denielle
OMG so much was happening in this and I'm really upset that I wasn't able to read these stories soon after the tragic end of book 2 but now that I have, I'm glad that book 3 is already out because now I have so many questions!!!

P.S. I always knew there was more to Baldair than meets the eye now I can't wait for more with him!

P.P.S. All these characters and POV's has piqued my further interest, not that it wasn't piqued already.
Coreen  (AsThePlotThickens)
Not much to talk about, but you guys should read it before book three, Earth’s End

description
Alyssa
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's definitely refreshing to read from the other characters' POV. Also, this novella made me hate the Emperor more than Egmun, and that is saying something.
Patricia
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it want more.......I have this strange feeling that Tim is going to be making more appearances in the other book!!!!
Jasmine (Jasmine Pearl Reads)
elise kova is simply amazing! :)
majo
My questions still need answers
Jessica
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
HERE'S HOW TO READ THIS BOOK! AND HOW TO FIND IT!

First things first. To the best of my knowledge the ONLY way you can get this novella is by going to Elise's website and subscribing to her email list. Once you have subscribed you'll get an email with a link to a free download of the novella. I would suggest using the form on the right side of the website. For some reason when I tried to use the form in the blog post it told me there was an error and when I tried to sign up again via the form on
Claire
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5* If you want to avoid spoilers do not read between book 2 & 3. Not only are there spoilers but it will be completely confusing as you meet characters you don’t meet until book 3. I read this after book 3 and I’m glad I did. Book 2 ends on an almighty cliff hanger so i would have been upset to read this first.
Juliette
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Why do we need all these random pov from these characters ?? I only really enjoyed the ones from fritz, baldair and aldrik but even those were meh ...more
JoAnna
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This just makes me want book three moooooooooorrrrrrreeeeee!
Lauren Elizabeth
I feel so overwhelmed. This series is tearing me apart <3
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes #1)
  • Avery (The Chronicles of Kaya #1)
  • Enemy's Queen (The Aermian Feuds, #3)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Atlantis Academy: The First Element
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes #2)
  • Non-Heir (The Black Mage, #0.5)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy, #1)
  • Visions of Fate (The Venatrix Chronicles, #2)
  • Prince of Shadows (A Red Winter Story)
  • Thorne (The Chronicles of Kaya, #2)
  • Fire & Flood (Mount Olympus Academy, #1)
  • Rise (Rule, #2)
  • Siren's Lure (The Aermian Feuds #2.5)
  • Fantasy of Flight (Tainted Accords, #2)
  • Dark Tempest (Red Winter Trilogy, #2)
  • Crashing Into Destiny (Wings of Artemis, #3)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
Elise Kova is the USA Today bestselling author of fantasy stories filled with magic and romance.

In her past lives, she has graduated from an MBA program, lived in Japan for a bit, and worked for a Fortune 500 technology company. However, she finds herself much happier in her current reincarnation as full-time author. When not writing, she can usually be found playing video games, drawing, watching

Air Awakens (5 books)
  • Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1)
  • Fire Falling (Air Awakens, #2)
  • Earth's End (Air Awakens, #3)
  • Water's Wrath (Air Awakens, #4)
  • Crystal Crowned (Air Awakens, #5)