Start by marking “Tales from the Front (Air Awakens, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Tales from the Front (Air Awakens, #2.5)

Tales from the Front

(Air Awakens #2.5)

12 stories told from different perspectives that have to be read between book 2, Fire Falling, and book 3, Earth's End.

The order of point of views are:
* Fritz
* Baldair
* Tim
* Erion
Published February 10th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Tales from the Front, please sign up.
Aishwarya Suresh You don't have to but it offers a little more perspective from each character of what occurs in the third book. But it could be read after the third b…moreYou don't have to but it offers a little more perspective from each character of what occurs in the third book. But it could be read after the third book too, which is what I did.(less)

Start your review of Tales from the Front (Air Awakens, #2.5)
Daiane
This novella tells us the story from different POVs. It's a nice to have (read) but to be read between book 2 and 3 I thought it was kinda confusing. Specially after book 2 ended with such a cliffhanger that makes us run to get the next book, if you just go and read this one it kinda spoils things.

In addition, for me some POVs were kinda useless. Sometimes I didn't even know who was narrating as the characters would be only formally introduced in the next book. So sometimes, whatever they were
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
4.5 Stars!

If you're about to start Earth's End by Elise Kova... STOP!!! Read this book first, it's meant to be read in between Fire Falling and Earth's End. And trust me it isn't one of those novellas you could've done without because this definitely does ADD to the story. This story takes place just before the imminent incident that shall not be named. (view spoiler) It's basically the POV of all the key characters in Fire Falling and a sneak peak i
Elise Kova
Mar 23, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
For anyone wondering how to get Tales from the Front... It's a free exclusive for my newsletter subscribers! Learn more about my newsletter and grab it here: http://elisekova.com/subscribe/

Happy Reading :)
Kristalia
Feb 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Final rating: 3/5 stars

Thank you, Elise Kova, for these alternative POVs. I'm glad to see these stories, especially Fritz ones - the best. Whenever I read books with only one character having POV, I start to wonder what it would be like to see the things from the someone else's perspective.

Definitely read between book 2 and 3. It's a material you might want to read because it gives more insight into things in between.

Also, Aldrik's POV. Enough said.
And Baldair's.
And Daniel's.

► REVIEW(S) RELAT
ambsreads
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such an interesting snippet of stories. It's always interesting to get perspectives bar the main character! ...more
Muse-ic ♬
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it
2.5
My feelings towards this novels are nonexistent.
It was so boring that I simply don't care.
It wasn't bad, I just wasn't hooked or interested.
I started reading it, then I just skimmed the rest of it.
There were approximately 10 characters, and to each one, no more than five or six pages were dedicated. Most times not even five or six pages. They were each so short and nothing exciting happened within them to fill the space between the second and third books of this series.

They were the types of
Maud
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella
Used this to pass the time until book 3 came out, loved it!
One of these short stories totally changed my opinion on one of the characters which I think just shows you how amazing Elise Kova is!
Erin
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, fantasy, magic
So... that was kind of confusing. When I was looking this up online, they made it sound like you needed to read this before the next book in the series, but you really don't. Since they were actually a blog post at the beginning, they were not edited as well and kind of confusing. You basically where getting snippets of what was going to happen in the next book. It made more sense to read after the third, if you wanted to see a few other viewpoints. ...more
Didi
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
This very short novella gives several different pov's between books 2 and 3 of the series. It's available only off the authors website.
It was short, so that's good. I say that because I don't know if it was 'necessary' to read. Gave us some behind the scenes stuff, but stuff that didn't seem to have any major impact. Anyways, doesn't even matter! Because book 3, here I come!!
Minni Mouse
Welp, now we know why Elise Kova didn't write the Air Awakens series from multiple points of view -- she's not terribly good at it.

That just left me confused...so we're going to move on and pretend this one didn't happen...
Valerie
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: april-2017
Aldrik's pov breaks my heart a little, Reale's story broke my heart a lot, Emperor is still a bastard and world's biggest douche, Jax and Erion are baes, Baldair is precious <3 ...more
Lia Carstairs
Actual Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
Iris Barrogan
May 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: na, fantasy
An interesting—albeit short—collection, that gives a few interesting details about what we can call secondary and some even tertiary characters. I would recommend to read this after Fire Falling, but also after the first chapter of Earth's End, otherwise you might receive a couple of unintended spoilers.
The stories provide another take on some scenes we already read in previous book, only seeing them from the point of view of a character different from our ubiquitous Vhalla.

Here follows the li
Bianca {Until The Last Page}
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a nice and fun read, seeing things from different perspectives. I liked Daniel and Aldrik's tales. ...more
chelsea
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a little boring, but that's what you get for short stories. If anything, these short stories made me dislike Aldrik a little. ...more
Erika (The Nocturnal Fey)
Reading this in chronological order, everything makes a lot more sense. *nods* Yes, yes. *nods*
Lia
Feb 14, 2016 added it
Kindaaaaaa pointless, they should have just been added to the actual books but wtv it was nice reading from other characters POV
Brad
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016-reads

at 40 pages it's hard to rate it higher than that, but the differing POVs gave a brief insight into various characters, particularly Daniel, Baldair and Erion.
Felicia
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice short little story with multiple POVs of people Vhalla has met throughout the book. It was said that this book needed to be read in between book 2 and 3 and that is 100% true.
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this insight into the other characters thoughts
hope ❅
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm bad at reviews so I'm just gonna do some quotes that I liked.

“He’d relish in the queen who led his people opposite him. The light to his darkness, the counterweight to all he was, the woman his dreams assured him would rise at his side to sit with him upon a golden throne.”

“The girl is surrounded by fire. You’re setting yourself up to get burned.”
Jessica
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
HERE'S HOW TO READ THIS BOOK! AND HOW TO FIND IT!

First things first. To the best of my knowledge the ONLY way you can get this novella is by going to Elise's website and subscribing to her email list. Once you have subscribed you'll get an email with a link to a free download of the novella. I would suggest using the form on the right side of the website. For some reason when I tried to use the form in the blog post it told me there was an error and when I tried to sign up again via the form on
Denielle
OMG so much was happening in this and I'm really upset that I wasn't able to read these stories soon after the tragic end of book 2 but now that I have, I'm glad that book 3 is already out because now I have so many questions!!!

P.S. I always knew there was more to Baldair than meets the eye now I can't wait for more with him!

P.P.S. All these characters and POV's has piqued my further interest, not that it wasn't piqued already.
Cors
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not much to talk about, but you guys should read it before book three, Earth’s End

description
Patricia
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it want more.......I have this strange feeling that Tim is going to be making more appearances in the other book!!!!
Jasmine (Jasmine Pearl Reads)
elise kova is simply amazing! :)
Alyssa
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's definitely refreshing to read from the other characters' POV. Also, this novella made me hate the Emperor more than Egmun, and that is saying something. ...more
majo
My questions still need answers
Claire
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5* If you want to avoid spoilers do not read between book 2 & 3. Not only are there spoilers but it will be completely confusing as you meet characters you don’t meet until book 3. I read this after book 3 and I’m glad I did. Book 2 ends on an almighty cliff hanger so i would have been upset to read this first.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom, #2)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • Crown of Power (The Hidden Mage, #4)
  • A Game of Fate (Hades Saga, #1)
  • Crown of Danger (The Hidden Mage, #2)
  • The Emperor of Evening Stars (The Bargainer, #2.5)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Crown of Secrets (The Hidden Mage, #1)
  • Crown of Strength (The Hidden Mage, #3)
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer, #2)
  • Riden's Chapter (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1.5)
  • Warlord's Shadow (The Aermian Feuds #4.5)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes, #2)
  • A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)
  • Court's Fool (The Aermian Feuds #6)
  • Spy's Mask (The Aermian Feuds #5)
  • Dark Harmony (The Bargainer, #3)
  • The ​Crown of Gilded Bones (Blood and Ash, #3)
Join Elise's mailing list to never miss a giveaway, release, sale, and more: https://elisekova.com/subscribe/

Elise Kova is the USA Today bestselling author of the Air Awakens universe, Married to Magic, Loom Saga, and more. She enjoys telling stories of fantasy worlds filled with magic and a little (or a lot) of romance. She lives in Florida and, when not writing, can be found playing video games,

Air Awakens (5 books)
  • Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1)
  • Fire Falling (Air Awakens, #2)
  • Earth's End (Air Awakens, #3)
  • Water's Wrath (Air Awakens, #4)
  • Crystal Crowned (Air Awakens, #5)