Start by marking “Downtown Devil (Sins in the City, #2)” as Want to Read:
Downtown Devil (Sins in the City, #2)

Downtown Devil

(Sins in the City #2)

From the author of Crosstown Crush comes the second sexy novel in the trilogy that explores the illicit pleasures of ménage à trois.

At the edge of thirty, Clare is feeling restless. Even though she’s gainfully employed and pursuing her passion for photography, she can’t shake the feeling that something’s missing. Then she meets Mica. A perfect subject for her portrait exh
Published June 21st 2016 by Signet Eclipse

To ask other readers questions about Downtown Devil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Downtown Devil

Baba
4 hawt stars. Review posted June 19, 2016

photo oie_m5rCVJ8YKuVt_zpsbgv1irej.png
 photo oie_FI6UQn1VxJB4_zpsuajajf9i.png

Pre-reviewing Downtown Devil:

HOLY. SHIT. Downtown Devil has a level of hotness that will set your sheets on fire. Easy.

Not sure if I could form any coherent thoughts if I tried, let alone write a review that would make any sense right now. Downtown Devil is incredibly hawt debauchery written with style and a certain class. No wonder, though, because it's been penned by an author whose erotic work I admire and is among my favorites.

I.
Want.
More.

Please.

Wher
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS

Fuck, he was a maestro. The dirtiest, nastiest, most gifted conductor.

Sweet.
Baby.
Jesus.
This book needs to come with a warning label.

Warning. Content is extremely hot and may cause severe uncontrollable arousal. Read at your ovaries risk. Author is not responsible for spontaneous ovary CUMbustion, sudden need to hump everything in sight, and consistent molestation of significant others. May also cause hot flashes, squirming, and a mild case of side eye if reading in public.

The one th
⚜️Charlotte⚜️
4.75 Salacious Stars!

I love Cara's writing style...its like I'm in the room watching and Wow!
Intensely EROTIC and freakin HOT SMOLDERING SEX!....

Mica & Claire BURN up the pages...

Warning!
(Should be read while with your
Significant Other!) ;)

Claire asks Mica the barista at her local coffee shop if she can take pictures of him for her photography show, he agrees but doesn't show, days later Mica finally calls and invites Claire to a party...

One night of mind blowing sex
with Mica...
And so it
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: smut, arc
4 Sinful Stars

Two best friends and a girl, what more could you ask for? Downtown Devil is part of the Sins in the City series. The series focuses on threesomes.

This series is hot and slightly taboo. Usually when I read these books I kind of want to advert my eyes, but I can’t. It’s just too steamy to stop reading! This is about a girl, Clare finding herself. She’s at a dead end job and she does photography on the side.

One day she meets Mica. Mica is mysterious, handsome and a major flirt. She wa
Snow

4, 25 "Mica" stars

Hell, it all starts with one look at the barista guy, for Clare to feel weak in her knees. Cause all it takes is to glance and than pretty much stare into an exotic mixed beauty of Mica....and the world stopped turning.
Claire is a wanna be photographer with a daily job and she proposes Mica to take his photos for her qualifying for the photography exibition.
The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears
I've read a few of Cara McKenna's novels before and I enjoy her books, though sometimes her heroines are a hit or miss. But I'd be a hypocrite to not call out her colorism the same way I call out Black romance writers when I see theirs. Now to be fair, maybe the author is unaware of the issues of colorism in the Black community. Be that as it may, her heroine is another in a seemingly endless stream of biracial Black women who don't "look Black" or are depicted as ethnically ambiguous. The messa ...more
Angie Elle
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley and SIGNET for providing a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Cara McKenna’s plots are unique enough that they make for exciting reads and written in such a way that you could see yourself falling into a similar situation. While her stories aren’t (always) shocking, they still manage to flirt with my comfort zone and leave me walking away feeling a little bit naughty. Downtown Devil was no exception.

Clare is a woman who, while she may not have it all togeth
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

A curl-your-toes scorcher! Downtown Devil is sinful, decadent, and one seriously steamy, delicious ride.

The quick of it is that Clare's working on a photo exhibit and it's brought a wild, reckless man to her doorstep. Perfect for her exhibit and, maybe, her bed too. She needing a little adventure and daring in her life and Mica and his roommate...look like just the pair to deliver it one mind blowing orgasm at a time.

Okay so right off the bat. This on
Hope
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a book that pushes boundaries. I have read many a book with a threesome. This one seems a little more forbidden. There is Mika, a bi sexual, his roommate Vaughn, a heterosexual and Clare. Mika is a delicious Downtown Devil. He is sexually adventurous, a bit standoffish and emotionally unavailable character but his backstory is a heartbreaker that you can understand why he is built the way he is. Vaughn is a true gentleman, raised right by his parents, a do-gooder and I respected his char ...more
Marla Mei
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: menage
Welp. That was hot 🔥🔥🔥 One of the rare well-written menage stories out there, imo.
Mandi Schreiner
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic, m-m-f
Favorite Quote: This sex had been so much. Dirty and hot, a little kinky, a little cocky, but joyous as well. Everything at once. Irreplaceable.

This M/M/F menage worked really well for me - it's really hot, and I loved all three characters.

Clare is just turning thirty and on the edge of something really good in her life. During the day she works for a call center, taking complaint after complaint for an online retailer. But her true passion is photography and after much hard work and a little br
Kazen
May 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Totally hot menage - continue reading if you dare.

The good:

- There's only one character with speaking lines that's white, if I remember correctly. Everyone else is part of the rainbow and I love it.

"Dannica was 'the whole spice rack,' she'd said once. Scandinavian, Caribbean, Jewish, and Hispanic, 'and maybe a few other flavors tossed in - I can't remember. I'm a one-woman UN.'"

- Similarly, love is not packed into a neat ♂・♀ box. Girl thinks guy is hot, guy thinks girl is hot, both think his roo
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

In the second installment to the Sins in the City series, Cara McKenna gives readers an energetic heroine in Clare. Her restless spirit grows bored as she nears the age of thirty and she’s looking for something that will liven up her summer. What she doesn’t realize is that entertainment will come in the form of a hot barista who is both beautiful inside and out. Though she says she wants to photograph her for her portrait exhibit, she cannot deny her attraction for him.

Mica is a wonderful ch
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
(Arc offered in exchange for an honest review)
More reviews and book talk at :

You can find me here too ☞
Bookphenomena (Micky)
Cara McKenna can take a book that centres on sex and make it about connection, emotion and rapport. This book takes the unconventional and makes it fun and desirable with characters that were utterly interesting and enticing. I am sold on ANYTHING Cara McKenna writes.
Snow
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it

4, 25 "Mica" stars

After a few elusive calls, Mica finally invites Clare to a party...and from there on...all things are open to debate, ope
Danielle
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Holy Hotness!!!! Okay so honestly speaking this is my first book by McKenna and after reading Downtown Devil I am happy to say I am now a fan! This is the second book in the Sins in the City series and after this I will definitely going back to read book one. Be warned this book is a M/M/F story that will set you on fire!!

Normally I tend to stay away from these types of books and really focus on the sweet romance ones but I really got into this one. The characters were so real I felt like I cou
G.
Jun 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's a lot I like about this one, but the last third of the book kind of lost me, because it essentially lost one of its characters (not dead, just mostly existing off the page). I just feel like that particular character had way more story to him than the other two.
Sassafrass
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: glbt, z-2016, menage, netgalley, arc
*4 STARS*

I found author Cara McKenna when a Goodreads friend suggested the book WILLING VICTIM several years back. That book opened up a whole new world of erotica for me and I loved the way the author told such an unconventional story. So, when I got the chance to review DOWNTOWN DEVIL. I immediately jumped at the chance.

DOWNTOWN DEVIL is a bit of a convoluted story. Clare is a photographer and she meets Mica in a coffee shop and is struck by his looks. She tells him she wants to photograph him
Ellie
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
21 June 2016
The book is out today and finally I can post my full review. Before that I have just this to say: Go get this book! You won't regret it!

This is the second book in Ms McKenna's series of contemporary erotic menage romance Sins in the City and it's probably the best of her erotic writings I have read. And I'm not saying this lightly since I'm a huge fan of her books in general.

This one is special, I think. At least it felt that way to me. I'm not a big fan of menage romance but like m
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cara McKenna is doing such good work writing thoughtful, clever, funny, realistic, sexy, inclusive erotica and this one is an addition to that long list of top books. And it’s m/m/f which is basically my erotica catnip so: thank you CMcK for that.

**Spoilers below**

Our heroine, Clare, is a photographer and meets the World’s Hottest Guy, Mica, at a coffee shop and asks to photograph him for an ethnicity project she’s preparing for a gallery. He agrees and after being flaky and non-committal in th
Kassiah
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars.

So. I really loved Crosstown Crush, and I think I didn't like Downtown Devil because I liked that one so much. Does that make sense? I felt like Crosstown Crush was such an emotional exploration, and though this book has heart, it's not the same. It's almost like every other ménage book except there's more story here.

Basically, I don't know how I feel.

So, sparks start flying between Mica, who is bisexual, and Claire, who is a photographer. They share a hot as hell hookup that could pote
Rain Merton
I love reading Cara McKenna. Her writing style feels prosaic in the best of ways: there's a nakedness to it, a stark stripping of most figurative language that allows for a smooth translation to understanding the characters. As a reader, you get to see the characters as unmediated by the artifice of language as possible.

However, this book didn't work for me. It didn't work for me more than Crosstown Crush, which I also wasn't enamoured with, but for totally different reasons.

This is a ménage,
Casey
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

Downtown Devil is the second book in the Sins in the City trilogy by Cara McKenna. Each book is a standalone menage story. If menage stories are not your thing or bother you, this series is one you will want to skip. I have to say though that if you are looking for some seriously hot books, these have a ton of heat! There were things that I both liked and disliked with the first book in this series, Crosstown Crush, but I have to say that I e
Nerdy Lola
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh Cara McKenna how you slay me with your erotic prose and storytelling! I drank the kool-aid and this author can seriously do no wrong.

Downtown Devil the second instalment in the Sins of the City series packs a punch of erotic power. As McKenna continues to portray characters open to exploring sexual dynamics in a three-way manner, you are guaranteed to learn something new, be entertained as well as have your mind blown with sexual desire. I’m serious…it’s been a while since I’ve had a case of
Under the Covers Book Blog
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it

In the second installment to the Sins in the City series, Cara McKenna gives readers an energetic heroine in Clare. Her restless spirit grows bored as she nears the age of thirty and she's looking for something that will liven up her summer. What she doesn't realize is that entertainment will come in the form of a hot barista who is both beautiful inside and out. Though she says she wants to photograph her for her portrait exhibit, she cannot deny her attraction for him.

Mica is a wonderful ch

Miranda Whore
Review for Downtown Devil by Cara McKenna

Downtown Devil is a Sins in the City novel, while this is a series each book is a complete standalone. I can’t get enough of these taboo tales, Cara McKenna has done a fabulous job of merging sweet romance and dirty, taboo erotica. A little warning, this book includes F/M, M/F/M, and M/M/F scenes and won’t be for everyone. If you like them hot enough to burn up your panties, this is the book/series for you.

Clare is a photographer, her goal is to have her
Rebeca
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cara McKenna sure does have a way with words. This intriguing threesome was less of a love triangle and more of a study in courage in pushing boundaries and accepting yourself as much as others.

This tale introduces us to Clare, a beautiful young woman who is finally figuring out what she wants and needs in her life while taking steps to reinforce her self-worth. We meet Mica, who came from a sad and complicated life and grew into someone at many times frustrating, but that necessary antihero ca
Catherine Estrada
Mar 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, ebooks
I got to 70% and couldn't handle the level of manipulation and douchebaggery from the male MC, or the desperation from the female. So offputting.
Karen111
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 "flammable knickers" stars

**Contains some spoilers**

I hotly anticipated this book, and it didn't disappoint. Cara McKenna has such a great knack of sucking the reader into her taboo storylines; whether it's the intense subject matter, the well-written characters, the excellent dialogue, or the insanely descriptive sex scenes.

My only issue was that Mica was an epic douchebag, and I never warmed to him. He was so selfish and manipulative, which only served to highlight how great Vaughn was. Onc
« previous 1 3 next »

• Beyond Happily Ever After: Blank Canvas (Beyond, #6.6)
  • Way Down Deep
  • The List (Irresistible, #3)
  • Her Halloween Treat (Men at Work, #1)
  • The Best Laid Plans
  • Callie, Unwrapped (Play It Again, #1)
  • Mr. Hat Trick (Frisky Beavers, #4)
  • Dare to Love a Duke (The London Underground, #3)
  • Alexandr's Reluctant Submissive (Submissive's Wish, #4)
  • Jacked Up (Birmingham Rebels, #3)
  • Captivated
  • The Naughty Corner
  • Genetic Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #2)
  • Asking for It (Asking for It, #1)
Since she began writing in 2008, Cara McKenna has published nearly forty romances and erotic novels with a variety of publishers, sometimes under the pen names Meg Maguire and C.M. McKenna. Her stories have been acclaimed for their smart, modern voice and defiance of convention. She was a 2015 RITA Award finalist, a 2014 RT Reviewers’ Choice Award winner, a 2012 and 2011 RT Reviewers’ Choice Award ...more

Sins in the City (3 books)
  • Crosstown Crush (Sins in the City, #1)
  • Midtown Masters (Sins in the City, #3)