Start by marking “Valentine Bride (Holiday Brides #1)” as Want to Read:
Valentine Bride (Holiday Brides #1)

Valentine Bride (Holiday Brides #1)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  171 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
Two unlikely matchmakers
set the stage for love…
Fynlee Dale returns to Holiday to take care of her wacky grandmother. Although it means giving up her dreams of a career and husband, she needs to be there for Grams.

Carson Ford vows to take care of his elderly aunt after buying her ranch. Comfortable with all aspects of his life, his world turns upside down when he meets
Published February 9th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Valentine Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Valentine Bride

Kathy
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Cute quick read. Loved the meddling grandma and aunt. This was an Amazon recommendation based on other books I had read. Enjoyed.

Content: Clean
Source: Kindle Unlimited
Phylis Carpenter
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review and loved every minute of the book.

This story is about Fynlee and her wacky but adoreable grandmother Matilda. Carson and his Aunt Ruth. Fynlee works in the billing dept and stops by at Golden Skies retirement home every evening to see her grandmother. Carson has taken over his aunts ranch and every time they turn around they are spending time with each other. Then you have Carson's crazy ex girlfriend Hilary.

A cute story that will
Glenda Kinard
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again I am smiling ear to ear upon finishing another Shanna Hatfield book. Valentine Bride had me Laughing out loud. The antics that Fynlee’s Grams and Carson’s Aunt Ruth pull off to get them together are colorfully entertaining. I enjoyed this book and highly recommend it. If you are looking for a feel good, perk up the spirit type of fun loving romance then Shanna Hatfield’s Valentine Bride is just that book, the search is over!!
Veda
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story. I knew when I started reading what Gram was wearing that this was going to be a funny, good story and Shanna Hatfield did not disappoint me. Can't wait to see what happens next in the town of Holiday.
Cindy Nipper
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The elderly relatives were a hoot!
This book had me giggling quite a bit! Another winning story from Shanna Hatfield!!
Donna
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern-romance
Cute

I couldn't decide which characters I liked better, the couple or their grandmas! What a fun courtship. This is NOT a novella.
Jeffrey
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What could possibly happen when two "little old ladies" conspire to respectively match-make their granddaughter and nephew into an unsuspecting romance? Fynlee Dale's eccentric grammy and cowboy Carson Ford's aunt have both moved into a retirement community and become fast friends, although they are poles apart in personality. Handsome cowboy Carson has recently purchased his aunt's ranch and she thinks he needs a wife to complete his life. There is an "elephant in the room" in the person of Car ...more
Melanie Snitker
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Valentine Bride was a thoroughly entertaining book to read. It was easy to care about both Fynlee and Carson. Their interactions were wonderful! I don't read a lot of novellas because I find that the pace is usually rushed and it leads to stories or characters (or both) that are underdeveloped. But that wasn't the case with this one. Shanna wove the story together to make it believable and and the timeline realistic. Because of that, I may have to give novellas another chance!

My favorite charact
Camilla
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
An adorable story made unique and spectacular by a most amusing friendship, and a quirky, eccentric "Grams"!!! All I will say about " Grams" is "I want to be like her when I grow up." Seriously. I was won over when hearty guffaws were difficult to hold back. The story was a bit predictable, but any parts including Grams and her friend Ruth provided twists and turns that kept things interesting. They made the book! And I could totally see this as a Hallmark RomCom.

I did receive this book for free
Cheryl Baranski
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Valentine Bride, by: Shanna Hatfield
Valentine Bride is a Sweet Romance Novella. This book was a sure delight. There is such a wonderful cast of characters in wonderful story. You will fall in love with the spunk, determination and stubbornness of Matilda & Ruth two old ladies. A most refreshing romance read. There is nothing boring about this story. I found myself laughing out loud at the antics of these old ladies. Be sure to get your copy of the Valentine Bride today. That way you can enjo
Tonya Lucas
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shanna Hatfield just keeps delivering romantic books with Sweet girls and Sexy Cowboys that just sweep me away. She has a talent of bringing love, laughter, and romance together as no one else can deliver. This was such a sweet book. Fynlee and Carson were a perfect couple. Matilda and Ruth just had me laughing with their crazy matchmaking schemes.
Love the joy this one brought me.
Robbie
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun novella to read. Shanna Hatfield’s first story about the city of Holiday is sometimes whimsical and silly. However, everything, at least for a while, isn’t coming up roses for her characters.

Fynlee Dale’s grandmother is droll and entertaining and manages to keep poor Fynlee on her toes while she tries to save herself and others from her grandmother’s lovable and laughable schemes.

Carson Ford’s aunt, Ruth, moves into the same retirement home where Fynlee’s grandmother, Matilda lives. C
Brenda Dubois
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Valentine's bride

I chose to give this a 5 star rating it's a very cute heart warming story full of laughs ,tears and love. I absolutely loved the grandmother and her friend. Her grandmother was so full of fun.love the way these two get to get her granddaughter and Ruth's nephew together. Only thing standing in way is his girl.friend
Julia
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it

This was a sweet little story. In the short length of it there are two little old ladies up to no good, pulling hi-jinks like middle-schoolers, a hard-working and handsome cowboy, and a lovely lady with a caring and selfless heart. I loved getting to see them all interact with one another, and to have their misunderstandings and resolutions.
Teri
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Boy did this sweet romance sizzle! I had no question about the attraction between Carson and Fynlee (Plus, what great names our main characters have!) The relationship built naturally and felt very real. I loved the sweet interfering of Aunt Ruth and Matilda, and their sassy schemes. Excellent read!!
Pat Christie
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ebook

She’s got a kooky but very lovable grandmother, he has a wonderful aunt, they are friends living in a retirement village. The friends decide that the granddaughter and nephew are perfect for each and scheme to get them together.
Marsha  Bernabe
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun

Oh my goodness! Matilda and Ruth are a hoot! So much misreading about the pair of them trying to get Fynlee and Carson together.
Ugochi Akwiwu
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't have put it more aptly, indeed a sweet, sweet romance. Loved it.
Dana A Smith
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Laughed until I cried

Loved the characters (especially Matilda & Ruth). They had me laughing until I cried. A sweet romance that was a delight to read.
Patti Brennan
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great

I loved this book a totally delightful, funny, heart warming story of love and the antics of two meddling older female relatives. Looking forward to more holiday brides
Kristen
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it

This is marked as a novella, but at 154 pages it is pushing it.

Very cute book. Fynlee's grandmother and Carson's aunt are determined to see their loved ones fall in love, but Carson has a barbie doll girlfriend that he's not sure where he stands with. A fun novella with plenty of passion but clean.

Moral Note: Lusty clean thoughts, minor talk about body work being done, some passionate kisses, no language that I can remember, no violence.
Karen Hadley
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shanna Hatfield's books are always wonderful reads.
I loved the elderly ladies in this book and their
meddling and quite ingenious ways. The hero and
the heroine are both sweet and patient with their
the grandma and aunt. A sweet and tickling novella.
Cynthia
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a wonderful romance that makes you laugh, which will bring tears to your eyes as you turn around and do it all over again this is the book for you. Ms. Hatfield brings you an outstanding read with wonderful characters who will keep you laughing. Just wait until you meet Fynlee grandmother and her wonderful side kick that keeps a home spinning on its top. You will never believe until you read the schemes these two old women have in store for their niece and nephew. You will ...more
Kelly
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-challenge
I could hardly put this book down. A quick read novella, but so worth it. Such a sweet story. I fell in love with Carson quickly...what a hunk! And, Fynlee, oh so precious. But the stars of this book were Grams and Aunt Ruth! I want to be Grams when I hit that age, maybe not quite as outlandish, but so full of spunk and fun. I loved this statement in the book about her ... "Your grandmother seems to get a kick out of challenging people, challenging their ideas of what's acceptable." I want to be ...more
Cindy Nipper
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny and sweet!

The elderly relatives are a hoot! Many situations in this book had me giggling quite a bit!

Another winning story from Shanna Hatfield!
JaneReads
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Filled with many laugh out loud moments thanks to a couple very entertaining elderly ladies. They conspire to get Fynlee and Carson together, but Carson’s ex-girlfriend and misunderstandings create roadblocks, but thanks to their antics their final conspiracy leads to happy resolutions. I laughed so much through this. The elderly ladies made the book, but Carson & Fynlee draw you in making you care about them too. Ms. Hatfield weaves a entertaining story.
Doni
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A funny, sweet & touching story. You will fall in live with Carson & Fynlee from the very beginning. You wish you had quirky Aunts like
Matilda & Ruth.
Can not wait for Book 2!!
I recommend for everyone to read!!
Jenny
Feb 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was ok. It was pretty predictable.
Michelle
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was a nice story. But at times, I was irritated with Carson. He's a 29 year old man who has dated someone for years who he supposedly doesn't even like. And then he doesn't have the backbone to cut it off or put a stop to her efforts to claim him. It was taking the nice guy theme to the point of almost not liking his character at all.
Julie Lence
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shanna-hatfield
Valentine Bride by Shanna Hatfield is a Must Read for romance fans. Fynlee and Carson make for the sweetest couple. The two meet at a retirement center. Fynlee's grandmother, Matilda, lives at the center. Matilda's best friend is moving in down the hall, with the help of her nephew Carson. From the moment he and Fynlee meet, the attraction between these two sizzles. But gentleman that he is, Carson vows to remain just friends with Fynlee, because he has a long-distance girlfriend. Still, his hea ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
A hopeless romantic with a bit of sarcasm thrown in for good measure, Shanna Hatfield is a best-selling author of clean romantic fiction written with a healthy dose of humor.

In addition to blogging and eating too much chocolate, she is completely smitten with her husband, lovingly known as Captain Cavedweller.

Shanna creates character-driven romances with realistic heroes and heroines. Her histor
More about Shanna Hatfield

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be