Start by marking “College Girls (Sweet Valley University, #1)” as Want to Read:
College Girls (Sweet Valley University, #1)

College Girls

(Sweet Valley University #1)

Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield are about to begin the most exciting year of their lives....

Jessica has everything she's dreamed of: freedom, independence, and all the guys on campus - except the one she wants.

Elizabeth hopes college will be just like high school - only better! Her longtime boyfriend, Todd Wilkins, wants their love to go further. Can their relationship sur
Mass Market Paperback, 235 pages
Published September 1st 1993 by Bantam Books (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about College Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about College Girls

Vrinda Pendred
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sweet-valley
I read all these back in 5th grade and in light of the new SV book put out in March this year, I've been inspired to go back and reread all of these. They really are still entertaining today! For one thing, they're so dated, it's adorable. For another, the writing is purposely and genuinely very funny. The stories are just ludicrous enough to be fun, but the characters are somehow believable despite that. I always found this book difficult to handle because it's heartbreaking, that moment when y ...more
May 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
Ridiculous. And amazing. My college experience was so boring compared to SVU...
Hope Burmeister
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Though this book was easy reading, full of typical high school (college) drama and highly predictable, I found myself enjoying it as I read it. Elizabeth's ordeal was painful, and as I read, I could actually feel her pain. That is good writing! And again, although it was predictable and in some ways, not cleverly surprising, I did like the story as a whole. But one thing I'll point out- some, if not all of these characters are hopelessly naive (ahem, Jessica).
Bribre01
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
I can’t believe I’m admitting that I’m reading this book. I was bored in a waiting room and surfing open library when I found several SVU books. This one was available so I checked it out.

I read a lot of Sweet Valley books as a youngster, and I remember thinking I should save them so I could share them with my own daughter one day. However, I don’t think I’d want to share this book with my daughter.

So far there’s been a healthy dose of sexism, elitism, and racism. The focus on looks and boys i
Caroline Bennett
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
I really want to know who wrote this one. It is ridiculous and a lot of fun! Highly recommend for Sweet Valley lovers!
Elizabeth Mckernan
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good Book
Shannon
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I remember these books being very dirty for a sixth/seventh grader to read. I love the $#!t out of them.
Milka
Nov 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010
When I was younger I religiously read "Sweet Valley High" novels. I remember going to the library and borrowing 10 of them for a weekend to read. At that time I did not understand to put books and Internet together, so I never heard about "Sweet Valley University" series. Other reason for that might be that they have not been translated to Finnish.

In the first book of Sweet Valley University series the familiar character from SVH are again introduced to us. Wakefield twins, Jessica and Elizabeth
MissNYix
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
MissNYix
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love this book cause it reflects the transition of being a teen to a young adult/adult. This is reflected especially in the main characters, Elizabeth, Jessica and "Enid" Alexandra Rollins.

Spoilers*:

What are you going to do? Will you choose your former best friend (which you hate spending time with her now , because you find out that she could be such a drag to be with) or your new lifestyle that you love? Alexandra has to face her guilty conscience or ignore it. She chose the latter. Alexan
Jess
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
feeling nostalgic.
E.H. Nolan
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As a little girl, I grew up alongside Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield. Yes, there were other series I read, Babysitter's Little Sister, Pony Pals, etc, but Sweet Valley Twins were always my favorite. I kept all my childhood books in hopes that one day they would give my daughter the same joy they gave me. I grew up, and unfortunately skipped the twins' middle school and high school years, but as soon as I discovered their adventures continued in college, I bought up a bundle of 50 SVU books on E ...more
Michael
May 14, 2010 rated it liked it
The Wakefield twins are heading to College after one hundred and eighty-something books and four-or-more summers. I wasn't born when this book came out, surprisingly but I saw it had to deal with College and read saying it was a lot better then the Valley High series. I decide why not?

The book starts with the gang heading to SVU. From the start, Elizabeth finds it's a lot whole different from High School. Enid Rollins, her best friend now change her name to Alexandra and pledges to a popular-so
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
SWEET VALLEY UNIVERSITY
Written by Francine Pascal
General Review for series as I cannot remember each novel.

I read Sweet Valley University when I was in junior high school to high school. While there is sexual content it is very mild (not explicit) compared to teen books today. If you like the Sweet Valley High you will love this series as it continues with the twins' story as they attend University and are away from their parents. I am not sure how they would relate to teens today as this was be
Kimbers
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i loved these
Awi
I remember being excited about the release of this series. I was kinda getting bored with the whole plot of the twins in high school, not moving on from living their junior year.

For once, one of the twins was depicted as not being perfect. It's just so sad that it's Elizabeth, because for once I wanted Jessica to be put in her place. And at that time I felt a bit sad for Liz breaking up with Todd, but since I was bored with their relationship and university ought to offer more choices, I embrace
Cassie
Aug 29, 2012 added it
Kind of really Disappointed to not see any of the new characters from Sweet Valley High: Senior Year series. I don't get it. i went through Sweet Valley High. Then through Sweet Valley High: Senior Year. Which was after the earthquake, and now in the SVU series there is no mention of Senior year, no Conner, Tia, Andy....anything. disappointed.
Kirsty
Mar 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
From what I can remember, I read most of the books in this series, but didn't enjoy them quite as much as the SVH series. I seem to remember enjoying the 'mystery' themed books in the series (I think I recall a good one that focused more on Lila?). Still a great series, but without the 'innocence' of the SVH series.
Stef Rozitis
Feb 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
For some reason I read this as an adult hoping for something more than the original series. I was very disappointed.

Actually going to university is less boring than reading about two still very boring and shallow girls having their fashion and love-life misadventures.

I didn;t have high hopes for this book but I was disappointed
Molli Moran
The first novel in the Sweet Valley University series. I was 11 or 12, and these books changes my way of reading. :) Great times, awesome memories. I always wanted to be a little bit like Elizabeth, and a little bit like Jessica.
Enigma
Sep 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This series introduced me to the college life in U.S. Tried to read as many as I could but didn't finish them all. What I liked in all of Francie Pascal's series ( SVH, SVU & Fearless ) is that they all have a kind of condervative romance story which i liked so much.
Emily
Nov 27, 2011 rated it liked it
I read this series while I was in middle school and loved it. It has been many years since I read this book but I still remember it and have thought about revisiting it now that I am a mother of a tween.
Sanchi
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
i love the sweet valley books i actually read all of sweet valley kids, sweet valley high, and most of svu! love love love these twins all of the books are great and have a message for kids, teens, and adults.
Whitney
omg this is such a good book. i loved most of the books that i read. i so want to read the rest.!.
Lynn
Jan 29, 2010 added it
Shelves: teens
I started immediately with SVU, when I was 12; this was one of my first reads. I'm not sure why I didn't read SVH or SVT, but I preferred this series.
Lynn Christiansen
Jul 14, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2014
Wow. This was really, really bad. I read Sweet Valley High when I was a kid, and was obsessed with them. I'd never read this series. Wow. So, so bad.
Michelle Nangle
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this books as a girl and love them just as much now. Can't wait to read them all again.
Sheila Read
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I remember the cover but just not the story
Louise Smith
A very quick easy read, looking forward to reading the rest.
Sarah Simbolon
  • Aisha Goes Wild (Making Out, #8)
  • The New You (Girl Talk, #3)
  • Maggie: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #3)
  • Starlight Christmas (Saddle Club, #13)
  • Can True Love Survive High School? (Dating Game, #3)
Francine Pascal (May 13, 1938— ) is an American author best known for creating the Sweet Valley series of novels. In 1982 she created the characters and the stories for the first six books and her agent, Amy Berkower of Writers House sold them to Bantam Books. Book number one is mostly written by Ms. Pascal. From then on she wrote the stories for every book ever published in the series. After the ...more

Sweet Valley University (1 - 10 of 63 books)
  • Love, Lies, and Jessica Wakefield (Sweet Valley University, #2)
  • What Your Parents Don't Know... (Sweet Valley University, #3)
  • Anything for Love (Sweet Valley University, #4)
  • A Married Woman (Sweet Valley University, #5)
  • The Love of Her Life (Sweet Valley University, #6)
  • Good-bye to Love (Sweet Valley University, #7)
  • Home for Christmas (Sweet Valley University, #8)
  • Sorority Scandal (Sweet Valley University, #9)
  • No Means No (Sweet Valley University, #10)
  • Take Back the Night (Sweet Valley University, #11)