Start by marking “Rock” as Want to Read:
Rock

Rock

My American Dream just shattered and they think I did it on purpose. They have sentenced me to hell by sending me back to the last place I want to be. They have people watching me twenty-four-seven. They want the truth about how my band mates died, and they’re going to get it, no matter what.

No matter how hard I fight. No matter how many times I deny it. No matter what it
278 pages
Published March 7th 2016

Start your review of Rock
Christy
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
 photo EAA2B83B-9DFF-4A4E-BAF7-8E791E94626F_zpspnwibs7z.jpg
It’s like my life is on song repeat when all I want is a shuffle.

When I started this book I thought- Rockstar story written by Julie with Robert on the cover. OMG, I can’t wait!!! This was like no other rockstar story I’ve ever read. Like a lot of Huss’s stories, there were twists, turns, and surprises. This one had me guessing all the way through. Some things I caught right away and others had my jaw dropping because I soooooo didn’t see them coming!

photo D4A59C01-1D1B-4EFB-A6D4-E81BE8AA67FD_zpsidahnopu.jpg

Rowan Kyle Saber- RK- o
S.M. West
5 “long way around” STARS

As usual, with a Julie Huss book, where the hell do I start without giving anything away?

photo ROCK2_zpsxz7jw0px.jpg

Rollercoaster
I can always count on Julie to fuck with my mind! In true Huss fashion, she gives you one wild ride with all of it told in Rowan Kyle/RK/Rock's POV. He’s a famous rock star, lead singer of his band who’s brought back to his childhood home to recuperate from a life altering severe trauma.

Buckle up Buttercup!

Overwhelming
I was literally on the edge of my seat
Michelle
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
FIVE BIG BIG BIG STARS

Buckle up. Hold on tight. And get ready for the mind-fuck of a lifetime.

Rock. RK. Rowan Kyle. Will the real Mr. Saber please stand up?

With devastation in the rearview mirror, RK returns home to Grand Lake, Colorado. Not really by choice, but he’s there nonetheless. It’s been five years since he left town. Five years since his world was shattered and just a few months since those shattered pieces were smashed into dust. Returning wasn’t in his plans. He left town with a br
Beverly
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
It’s like my life is a song on repeat when all I want is a shuffle.

I am truly not sure how to write this review without providing any spoilers, because this book had me going back and forth thorough out the whole story. This will probably surprise you, but right out the gate I figured out one twist. I was blown away, I never guess Julie’s twists. Little did I know this wasn’t a huge twist and as the story unfolds I was reminded again just how brilliant Julie is.

Rowan Kyle is the fam
~♡AB♡~
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
★★★★ 4 Stars ★★★★

Wow, this book completely blew my mind and left me guessing! I literally didn't know what direction the story was going to go, and I had a lot of fun trying to work it all out.

RK, Rock, Rowan Kyle - he is the lead singer of rock band Son of Jack, and has suffered a great loss of many things, but specifically his memories of the past. After a terrible accident involving him and his bandmates, he is back in his hometown in the Colorado mountains and facing the wrath of his friends
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
My mind is blown! Completely, utterly blown. Rock is even more twisted than Huss' other stories, and I was riveted to my kindle today, unable to stop reading until I got to the bottom of all the mysteries.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews

Huss definitely blew me away with this story! Until the very end, I had no idea what was going on, or what would happen next, and I was just as anxious as Rock was to figure things out. There was so much heartache and darkness,
Kelli C
There is no way for me try and review this without spoiling it somehow as I was completely in the dark until close to the 80% mark! Usually I find myself reading a JA Huss book and if I miraculously "get it" then YAY, I feel a bit smarter...so I'm still just average at this point because I was a bit LOST!

I really have no words other than to say this is what JA Huss does...writes creative, unique stories, a bit on the edge, with a darker tone that never let you down. Rock is no different! She al
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 608cd712595a6812ddfc170417c054_zps4qnjjojv.gif

#rock1

Are you ready to get ROCKed? Well, I suggest you buckle up as JA Huss once again takes her readers on one sexy suspenseful ride full of twist and turns. Julie hits all the right notes as she douses you with a rock star romance like no other. I honestly went into reading this book with no clue what to expect. All I knew it was Julie’s book so of course I had to read it. Right off the opening pages, Julie does what she does best. SHE R
Eve (Between The Bookends)
ACCKKKK...So I don't even know what to say about this book right now! For 90% of it I was ENTHRALLED, sucked in, turning pages like crazy. Then I got to the end, and I was SO disappointed...I sat there with my mouth hanging open and thinking "THAT'S IT??!!"

description

THAT was the big fucking mystery?? THAT is what I spent hours frantically reading to see where this was all going?? THAT!! But what about...? Why was he...? Why the fuck didn't someone just tell the dude what was going on??!!

Man, I SO want t
Pam Nelson
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Rock Stars

First why did I wait so long to reading this book? Second I think I went through 5 stages of confusion...is that a thing? Well it is to me, so yeah, let’s go with it.

My 5 stages were as follows Shock! What?? Why?? Who?? And WoW!!
Yeah this book had it all I swear I spent half the time come up with theories in my head.

Right away I was like I want to know who Rock. RK. Rowan Kyle is, but it was more than that. It just seemed like something was missing…boy howdy…was there things missin
Bing
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

At the risk of sounding redundant, I'll still go on record to say that no writer has ever given me whiplash nor twisted me up and made me act like an addict looking for her next fix than Julie Huss. You know when you are reading a story and certain parts just give you this warning bells in your head? The difference with her books was that I never knew how to interpret those warning bells!

Rock.
What can I say about this book? What can I tell about the story that didn't go the way I was expecting
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

I'm such a HUGE #rockstarfangirl I just had to read this book!!
And I loved it!
It's full of mystery, suspense, sexiness, sadness, grief, confusion, love, hate, music, talent...
I don't even know what to say.
While reading I was a bit worried that (view spoiler)
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
JA Huss delivers another fast-paced, unpredictable story. You'll be flipping back the pages to see if you missed any clues to this madness.

A musician. A murky past. And murder all around.

Rock is so many things. I loved loved loved him. The first half of the book is purely mind twistery. We wade through the dark waters with Rock, looking, searching for the truth. I was entangled in a web of delusional thinking and mysterious beginnings. And even when I was faced with the truth, like Rock... I did
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
****4.5 Together Stars****

Well, you can tell that I really enjoy a book when it only takes me a few hours to read a whole book.

Yes, there were a few things that I felt were a bit over the top but overall I really enjoyed the story and couldn't put it down.

What I thought was going to play out....didn't!! And that is what made me rate this book so high.
Grace
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I went into this book blind. Trusting Julie to give me something special.
Then I read the prologue.

"Wait a flipping minute! What the hell is this book about?"
*reads synopsis*

This book slowly unfolds as Rowan Kyle "RK", aka Rock, returns to his home town. It's what he faces there and how it is revealed, that had my mind reeling. I should have expected this author to bring in the mind fuckery, but I was simply not prepared.
*reads synopsis again*

What can I tell you about this book? Not much. And I
Tricia
Oct 18, 2016 added it
You know when you have so many books on your TBR list and you use a random number generator to pick which one you're going to read next? Well Rock was #74 on my list so here I go...

Page
Feb 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ja-huss
What an absolute mess...and I'm deeply saddened to say that.
Andrea
Mar 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Not at all what I was expecting.
I struggled to finish it, even skimming through pages.
The story line was confusing….even when a twist was revealed, I couldn’t figure out what was going on.
Krista Hendrix
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A book about a hot rock star with lots of suspense, keeping me at the edge of my seat? Yes, please!
Elodie
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
Wow, this was not what I expected. I went into this book thinking it was another story about a fucked-up rock star going back home after so many years away, and blah blah blah... Boy, was I wrong.

This book was AWESOME. There was suspense, romance, unexpected twists. And, of course, an intriguing and ultra original storyline that's worth going into the book blind - so that's where my review stops fellas! ^^

❤️ Diana ❤️
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
So I liked this story. It had twists and turns and it had me guessing and thinking. I like that in a book, but I really didn't like the ending....like not the ending but the ending.....I guess you'll understand when you read. I mean I don't like red herrings!! But overall s good read. Just I would totally change the ending and it would be a doozy!!

4 stars!!
Brandi
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review

Holy motherfucking shit what did I just read?! Oh, right, I read a Huss novel. I knew she'd blow my mind, but damn. I didn't see it happening like this. Where is the 6-star option?!

I don't know how to do this book justice. What can I say? I love Rock. His story is both hot and heartbreaking. It's a complete mindfuck of a book.

Rock is forced to go back home after a tragic accident leaves him unable to speak and on a type of house arrest--the typ
a_tiffyfit
review to come. No spoilers.

So when writing reviews of books that rocked your world, the inevitable phrases come up: page-turner, un-put-downable, roller coaster of emotions, twists and turns, fast-paced, etc.

This review would sound no different. And as always, I try to keep my reviews spoiler free, so here goes to the best of my ability!

When I say I'm becoming accustomed to JA Huss's style, please don't ever take that to mean that I know what the heck is going on in that head of hers or can p
Naomi
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-kindle, arc-author
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

J.A. Huss is a master storywriter and she has delivered once again with Rock! Rock, or RK to his friends, had returned home to Grand Lake after an accident had shattered his world. However things weren’t what they seemed at home. He’s missing crucial information from his past and needed time to become whole once again.

I really loved RK; he was angry in the beginning but I can’t imagine a person who wouldn’t be if they were struggling like he was. His injur
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
After having read every one of Huss' books, you'd think I'd have learned a thing or two. For example, I should ave learned not to even attempt to figure things out - to not create my own theories on the who did the want because in all this time, I've never been right. Rock continued this pattern.

Rock, aka Rowen Kyle Saber, aka RK, finds himself back home in Grand Lake, Colorado, where he grew up and where his nightmares first began. I was just as lost as RK - not knowing exactly how he ende
Silvia
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE LOVED!

ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Rock is a JA Huss mind trip that showcases her talent at her absolute best and confirms her status, in my eyes, as one of the best authors out there. She can grab and hold your attention until the very last page including the EOB (End of Book) Shit, which is located, of course, at the end of the book and a JA Huss signature trademark. Even though I was gifted an arc, I purchased the ebook just so I could read the
Megan
Mar 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Posted on The Reading Room Book Blog
Oye....
Hmmm.....

.....
....
...

So, I started Rock today because I like the author's past work and because the cover is hot.

Ever read a book where it moves too fast and too slow all at the same time? That's how I felt reading this book. I can't say much because there is a lot going on and any spoilers would suck for this story.

I think the story had a good premise, but it needed to be fleshed out more. I couldn't connect with the characters. I couldn't connect
Kristi
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I loved. Not only was it suspenseful and a crazy ride, (as you read in other reviews), for me it was something more meaningful. The characters have experienced deep loss and broken hearts. They are searching for something meaningful in their relationships and in their lives. This book blew me away! As I was waiting to figure out the mystery, the suspense was building and then I would laugh and start crying. What a ride!

I highly recommend. This book really has it all. Romance, suspense, myst
BexLOVESBooks
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
JA Huss never disappoints. The blurb of this book sounded so interesting and Holy Shit that cover! Anyhow, put those three things together and I didn't think twice about one-clicking this gem.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Bargain Basement: $100 Gift Card, Signed Paperback & Swag Pack 1 9 Mar 10, 2016 02:45PM

• Rapture
  • Poison
  • Adversary (The Aces, #2)
  • Fallen Crest Campout: A Fallen Crest/Crew crossover novella
  • Seeing Stars (The Celebrity, #1)
  • Then You Happened
  • Friction
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Forever Wicked (Wicked #4)
  • Over You
  • Never Again (Never Blue #2)
  • Rock Star
  • Wilder Love (Love and Chaos, #1)
  • Never Lasting (Never Blue #1)
  • The F List
  • Seduce Me (Ravage MC, #2)
  • Disarm (The Dumonts, #2)
  • Desperate to Touch (Hard to Love #2)
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic toxic ...more