Start by marking “Slave, Warrior, Queen (Of Crowns and Glory, #1)” as Want to Read:
Slave, Warrior, Queen (Of Crowns and Glory, #1)

Slave, Warrior, Queen

(Of Crowns and Glory #1)

17 year old Ceres, a beautiful, poor girl in the Empire city of Delos, lives the harsh and unforgiving life of a commoner. By day she delivers her father’s forged weapons to the palace training grounds, and by night she secretly trains with them, yearning to be a warrior in a land where girls are forbidden to fight. With her pending sale to slavehood, she is desperate.

Published May 14th 2016 by Morgan Rice

♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
3 Vein of the Stars ★'s

“You are no stranger to the sword,” she said. You are no stranger to the throne. Your destiny is very great, indeed. Mighty will the change be.”

Buddy read with Nancy

“The war will not be won today, Not tomorrow, even. But eventually, we will win. A people who demands freedom will, in the end, claim it.”

Damn, this review is not gonna be an easy one for me to write so I'm gonna keep it short, honest and to the point. Slave, Warrior, Queen was NOT by any means what I'd call
Merric Blackman
Dec 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
It's awful. There may be an exciting plot buried amongst the tortured, banal prose and horrible characterisation, but it's not worth the price of your sanity.

The story begins with the main character being late to a popular event, yet she miraculously gets a front-row seat. She's then accosted by an old woman, who addresses her as "You!", to which the reply is "How did you know my name?" Huh? I went and reread that section four times just to see if I missed something. No, it's just incompetent wr
✿Nancy✿
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Buddy read with Christina Robinson :)

This surprisingly was really quite enjoyable :) Moving onto Rogue, Prisoner, Princess.
Majo
Oct 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished, fantasy
Abandonado cerca de la mitad, no podía seguir. La trama esta muy mal desarrollada y las situaciones se suceden de manera precipitada e iverosímil. Los personajes están pobremente construidos y muchas veces no actúan en consecuencia con sus supuestas personalidades.

No pienso seguir perdiendo el tiempo con este libro, ni con esta reseña. Adiós.
Ami
Aug 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
Good gosh this was a terrible book. I kept waiting for it to make sense but it never did! The ending was awful and there were so many loose ends the whole way through the story that it made literally no sense at all. Do not waste your time.
Dangermousie
Objectively, this is not a great book - plot points are rushed, characters are more sketched in outline than fully drawn.

I DO NOT CARE!!!!

This is set in fake Rome and our heroine is a member of the rebellion who hooks up with the only decent member of the Royal family and eventually becomes a gladiator. With that as the plot, I basically don't care about anything else.

OK, that's a lie - I appreciate the fact that the heroine's love interest is not a pouty angst boat but, for once, a decent and
Anastasia シ
Full Review on my blog!

What way to start a series from Morgan Rice, again couldn’t ask for anything more.

Slave, Warrior, Queen, is such a captivating book, I was hooked from the start. It’s well written, great descriptions and moving characters. It made me want to become a warrior and to read more not only of this book but this genre in general.

If you love strong female characters and the rule of ruthless kings, then you will enjoy this book. I can’t wait to pick up the next book in this series
Amelia
This is my third Morgan Rice book and, having dragged myself through all thirty five chapters of Slave, Warrior, Queen, I feel unequivocally qualified to state that Rice is not a good writer.

The characters in Slave are total Mary Stu-s. Their personalities are essentially the same. They act recklessly and naively, know things that they have absolutely no way of knowing, have help from people who should have no way of helping them (where does Anka keep finding keys from?), are spoilt, risk other
Bellatrix *The Amazon Star*
Nov 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
The premise of this book was interesting but the realization lacked originality. The story was just an endless stream of tropes: the poor girl who's discovered by the royals thanks to her special abilities, she is introduced to the court and falls in love with the prince who's bethroted to a beautiful yet cruel princess who hates her on sight. But she's also in love with her lifelong bestfriend who is part of the rebellion. Oh, and don't forget the evil King who starves and kills his people for ...more
Monika
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
I gave it two stars because I've read worse, but so far this book is incredibly inconsistent....

35%:
"Or perhaps it was because he despised his family and what they stood for just as much as any commoner." - Ceres, about Thanos, after having met Thanos for all of ten minutes and a handful of sentences exchanged between the two. None of which included his feelings on his family. She shouldn't have known this. She was under the impression he was an entitled brat up until they made gooey eyes at ea
Sunshine
May 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this book once I started. But I feel like the story was there yet the plot progression was not. Character development was too quick. I am almost done but disappointed with how quickly the story goes. I don't find myself feeling sympathetic or enthralled by it. It's an enjoyable read if you are looking for something quick and light.
Felisha
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ceres is everything I wanted a female lead to be. She is strong, brave and questions herself to no end, in a good way. The romance builds fast and all seems lost in the end. However, I find myself dying to know what she will do. He is really dead? He cant be..can he?

I find myself questioning my own thoughts about who I love and hate in this book and come to find that the twists and turns are exhilarating and page turning. Having taking my time over a week reading this book when I could of sat th
Dai
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Esta bueno.

Aunque al principio y en muchas partes me recordó un poco Red Queen, pero creo que en este género es prácticamente inevitable que no haya coincidencias. pero me gustó, me mantuvo enganchada, y eso que no llegue a conectar del todo con los personajes.

Ceres es medio tonta y pase la mitad de la lectura queriendo golpearla, Thanos es adorable, Rexo es demasiado denso y Estefania y el resto de la realeza con unos malditos.

Pero esta bien, me gustó el final porque me dejó con ganas de saber
Tamara
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ein tolles Buch mit sehr viel Action. Es wurde auf keinen Fall langweilig. Das Ende war auch nicht vorhersehbar und ich muss mir umbedingt den zweiten Teil dert Reihe besorgen.

hatte schon lange kein Buch mehr, dass mir von Anfang bis Ende so gut gefallen hat und das ich so verschlungen habe.
Monique W
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
for a free download for nights when I couldn't sleep it wasn't to bad I wouldn't recommend the book it had alot of potential just didn't quite make the mark
Sara Jesus
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Este é um livro que no início nos cativa com o seu ambiente místico da cidade de Delos, lembrando um pouco a época da Antiguidade. Mas a medida que a história se desenvolve a sua fascinação se perde com as demasiado intrigas e dramas.

Ceres é uma mulher destemida que sonho ser uma guerreira, participando nas matanças reais. Mas sendo mulher não pode lutar. Quando seu pai parte de viagem, Ceres é dada com escrava. Sua mãe que sempre a maltratou a vende. Ela consegue escapar, e se torna a guardiã
Lauren
Feb 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2017
1.5/5

I wish I could say I liked it. The premise sounded interesting but it was poorly executed. The characters were one dimensional and the plot didn't seem to have much direction. It's a little frustrating that the story was left on a cliffhanger because it makes you want to know what happens next but if I'm honest I don't think I particularly want to read the next one.
Coco.V
Nov 19, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/19/2017)! 💝
Alexis Drake
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Diciamo che il mio principale problema sono stati i nomi e la mia fervida immaginazione. La combinazione è stata fatale.
Quello e il fatto che la trama sia uguale a Shadow and Bone e Regina rossa messi insieme.
Abbiamo la solita povera ragazza (ma bellissima) che si chiama Ceres (e io tutto il tempo mi sono immaginata una bottiglia di birra con un peplo) che però si è allenata con la spada a dispetto di tutti. Ama il suo migliore amico Rexus (inserite qui un T-rex sempre vestito da antico romano)
Feminista
Jan 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, freebies
Such poor writing. Expected better from Morgan Rice.
Rachel
There was a lack of descriptive which made the story fly by. It could have been SO much better if I was able to be drawn into it more. I liked the characters, but everything went so fast it felt like getting hit in the face with a brick.
Sofia
Oct 12, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Lo encontré por casualidad mientras estaba buscando algún libro de fantasía y me pareció interesante el título, la portada y la sinopsis. Porque como he dicho en multitud de ocasiones cualquier libro que trate sobre la superacción de las mujeres, sobre hacerse valer... bueno es tener una recomendación mía asegurada.

Pero en este caso, por mucho que me pase no es así ni de lejos. Madre mía, todavía me estoy preguntando cómo he sido capaz de leerme un libro así, al que parece que le falte la mitad
Alyssa
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
I agree with many, it's not the greatest book. It could have easily been a great light read if only it had been edited correctly. As with others this particular line annoys me to no end (pg.19); "You!", to which the reply is "How do you know my name?". I've come across other mistakes, spelling and grammar, things that if were fixed would make it so much better.

To the story itself, it started off great, I enjoyed learning about Ceres, grew a little attached and then a new character, upon new cha
Rebecca
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
Okay, I know why Morgan Rice gets criticized in reviews a lot. This is the third series of hers that I've read the first book of, and they all seem to have similar plots and similar characters. At the very least, the hero seems to be overlooked and considered weak in some way, and then discovers a unique power that causes a surprising rise in power that causes him/her to make enemies. Okay. I get it. But the thing is, it may be a formula, but it works. I've loved each of the books I've read and ...more
Edwin
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, e-books
Objectief gezien is dit geen geweldig boek; de personages lijken niet volledig tot hun recht te komen. De plot komt nogal gejaagd over. Net als in haar andere boeken komt de spelling kinderlijk over, en is er veel mis, hoewel niet zo erg als eerdere boeken. Toch kan het storend zijn. Er is weinig opbouw naar de acties

De personages in het boek hebben weet van dingen die ze niet kunnen weten, krijgen hulp van mensen die ze niet zouden kunnen helpen (hoe komt Anka aan de sleutels?) ...

Ach... waaro
Bri
Jun 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
I... wow, shockingly bad. If you took this as a rough outline and rewrote it with characters who have rational behaviour and real motivations, as well as a plot with an ounce of logic - it could be good. As it is, however, bad.

The author advertises herself as having many #1 best selling series, so I hope that some of them are better, although since she appears to have self published around 50 books in the last 7 years I rather doubt it. Quantity over quality it would appear.
Emanuela
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Per esser gratuito pensavo peggio! È piacevole, scorrevole, una trama semplice e ricca di intrighi, forse anche troppi in queste poche pagine. C’è azione, guerra, amore e magia, anche se questa forse poteva essere messa un po’ più in rilievo...magari sarà così nel seguito della serie. Una cosa che non ho apprezzato è che non ha un finale, sei costretto a leggere gli altri libri, cosa che probabilmente non farò.
Holly
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. There’s magic, politics, kick ass female heroine and just enough romance. I was a little worried about the love triangle but by the end of the book this is no longer a problem.
Somia
Apr 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Free on amazon 9th April 2019
Carla
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Rápido, las cosas salen porque sí, no hay una evolución de personajes. Para leer algo está bien pero tampoco mata.
Goodreads Librari...: Series - Of Crowns and Glory to be created? 2 15 Aug 31, 2016 04:47AM

• By Dark Deeds (Blade and Rose, #2)
  • The Autumn Fairy (The Autumn Fairy, #1)
  • Soulbound (Dark Arts, #3)
  • Lord of the Storm (Coalition Rebellion, #1)
  • The Fire Seer (Coalition Of Mages, #1)
  • The Lumatere Chronicles (Lumatere Chronicles, #1-3)
  • A Splendid Defiance
  • The Sorcerer's Wife (The Telepath and the Sorcerer #2)
  • When We Were Kings (The Wolf of Oberhame, #1)
  • Enemy's Queen (The Aermian Feuds, #3)
  • Touch of Iron (The Living Blade #1)
  • The White Song (Chronicles of the Black Gate #5)
  • At the Going Down of the Sun (Sheridans, #1)
  • Libertine's Kiss (Rakes and Rogues of the Restoration, #1)
  • Guardian Demon (The Guardians, #8)
  • The Seven Realms Box Set
  • The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • The Prince's Rogue (Golden Guard, #2)
Morgan Rice is the #1 bestselling and USA Today bestselling author of the epic fantasy series THE SORCERER’S RING, comprising seventeen books; of the #1 bestselling series THE VAMPIRE JOURNALS, comprising twelve books; of the #1 bestselling series THE SURVIVAL TRILOGY, a post-apocalyptic thriller comprising three books; of the epic fantasy series KINGS AND SORCERERS, comprising six books; of the e ...more

Of Crowns and Glory (8 books)
  • Rogue, Prisoner, Princess (Of Crowns and Glory, #2)
  • Knight, Heir, Prince (Of Crowns and Glory, #3)
  • Rebel, Pawn, King (Of Crowns and Glory, #4)
  • Soldier, Brother, Sorcerer (Of Crowns and Glory, #5)
  • Hero, Traitor, Daughter (Of Crowns and Glory, #6)
  • Ruler, Rival, Exile (Of Crowns and Glory, #7)
  • Victor, Vanquished, Son (Of Crowns and Glory, #8)
“You think I have lovely hair?” he asked. Her breathing staggered, and she couldn’t understand how she could have let such a flippant comment escape her lips. “No,” she said rather sharply, folding her arms in front of her chest. His lips twitched. “Well, then, I don’t think you have beautiful eyes, either,” he said. “Then it’s settled.” He” 1 likes
“The war will not be won today,” Rexus continued. “Not tomorrow, even. But eventually, we will win. A people who demands freedom will in the end claim it.” Heads” 0 likes