Start by marking “Bearly There (City Shifters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bearly There (City Shifters, #1)

Bearly There

(City Shifters #1)

Book 1 in the City Shifters series

One surly bear and one bunny boy…what could possibly go wrong?

Jagger Osterman is having a bad day. In fact, he’s not the slightest bit impressed with 2015 at all. His job is on the line, and it’s not like he loves being a marketing wunderkind, but he has to do something to pay the bills. If he had his way, he’d just vanish into the mou

Published March 1st 2016 by Pride Publishing (first published February 2nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Bearly There, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bearly There

Meags
3 Stars

This was one of the less enjoyable shifter stories I’ve read by Bradford. There was nothing particularly bad about it; it simply didn’t leave much of an impact.

The Good:

The main characters, Kevin and Jagger, shared a lovely connection. They seemed to balance each other out quite nicely, like they were the missing pieces to each other’s life puzzles.

Their relationship was sweet and plenty sexy, and even though the story moved quickly in terms of relationship development, it still felt li
Ann
4.5 Stars

D'awwwwwwww

This was simply adorable. And a little dirty. And very delicious.

I’m a total sucker for Bailey Bradford’s shifter books. There are always memorable characters and they are generally hot AF. Bearly There fits that perfectly, but in addition to the characters and the hot, it was also adorably charming. This is more of a lighthearted shifter tale and perfect for when you need some low angst, chuckles and delicious dirty.

Jagger is overworked at a shitty job and while he works in
Christy
A delightful beginning to a new series. Thank you, Bailey, I enjoyed Jagger and Kevin's story very much. The curse and the curandera was a great plot, plus the seriously hot man on man action!
Serena Yates
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, shifters, magic, read-2016
While the tone of ‘Bearly There’ is humorous, with two heroes who both have a quirky sense of what is funny, their story has some serious aspects as well as being scorching. As a result, I found this to be a very entertaining read that made me laugh out loud more than once. Jagger, the grumpy bear, and Kevin, the cursed pronghorn shifter, both stole my heart though, especially when they began to admit they were developing feelings for each other that neither of them expected or welcomed. At firs ...more
Deborah
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jd-read, amazon-done, m-m
This is a lovable shifter book! Although there isn't much shifting. It was funny and all the banter between the main characters was loveable!

Jagger is a marketing exec who loves his job, but isn't appreciated at the company he works for. When his co-workers get him a singing telegram, he sees stars when Bunny Boy walks in doing his routine!

Kevin, aka Bunny Boy, jumps from job to job. He has been cursed and no matter how hard he tries, something ends up broken, burnt, or in need of stitches! Whe
Morgan  Skye
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Kevin was cursed by a curandero (witch) because he was too conceited, now he can’t shift into his pronghorn shape and he’s terminally klutzy. He keeps losing jobs because of said curse and said klutziness , and he’s currently doing a horrible job as a candy-gram singer and that’s where he meets Jagger.

Jagger is stagnating in his current job. He likes it but hasn’t really taken the time to be a bear in awhile and is losing touch with his other half. When Kevin delivers his birthday candy-gram he’
Ruthie Taylor
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is a cute romance wrapped up in a paranormal vibe. There were some elements of the plot - Jagger having work problems for example - which vanished, and were unexplained, but the budding relationship between Jagger and Kevin was fun. Clumsy guys really should not try to work in construction ... or in Kevin's case, walk unsupported near rugs, steps etc. I liked that we got to understand a little more about curses, bel
Rachel Emily
Books that are heavy handed with humor, and not sarcastic, snarky humor, but the type that's supposed to make you laugh b/c it's hilarious, just doesn't do it for me. I think I prefer the seriousness of a story, even when it's dealing with shifters and the like. I like this author, but just...this didn't do it for me.
V
Oct 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my kind of humour.
Paws
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty cute for a short.
Love Bytes Reviews
4.5 Heart Review by Tammy

Jagger Osterman is having not only a crappy day but a crappy year! He hasn’t had the time to let his black bear out to have a run in months. Now, not only is it his birthday but the big project he has spent months working on has just been rejected by the prospective client! Jagger is a marketing “wunderkind” who successfully dragged this particular client out of debt single-handed and now he doesn’t want to pay full price for his ad campaign which puts Jagger’s job on th
Angela Goodrich
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I was quite excited when I learned about Bearly There’s release for two reasons. First, I am a huge fan of Bradford’s various shifter series, so I couldn’t wait to start a new one. Second, I haven’t read many romances featuring bear shifters, so this was a new species of shifter for me. Not surprisingly, Bradford delivered a story I thoroughly enjoyed. What did surprise me was how much I laughed while reading it – not becaus
Elaine White

Would I read it again – Probably

Genre – LGBT, paranormal, gay

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK, BY THE AUTHOR, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **
Reviewed for Divine Magazine

For me, this was quite a fascinating read. I look forward to more books in the series, but there were a few issues with this one that stopped it from being as fantastic as it could have been.

I loved that we got to see t
Andrea Goodell
This was try to be a sweet tale of a cursed guy that finally met his match and possible his love in one ill fated birthday sing a gram that went south fast.

Kevin and Jagger have a rocky beginning, between Jagger almost being fired because of the singing tell a gram and Kevin staying away from Jagger from what we later find out is because of a curse he picked up many years prior. These two have a hard time connecting, and so did I, with them and others in the story. Maybe because of the third whe
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This is a short but sweet shifter book, without much shifting! It is funny and full of quips between the main characters - Jagger and Kevin. I love Jagger's sister, Syn, as she has a warped view and doesn't have any doubts about speaking her mind.

Jagger is stuck in a job he likes, but isn't appreciated. Kevin is literally stuck as a human, unable to shift at all, since he has been cursed. Jagger doesn't believe that Kevin has been cursed, but he does believe that Kevin believes it. This is a bi
Hc
Kind of weird... I don't feel like it quite made the mark from the blurb. Start out with cursed and all the bad luck entailed with a somewhat quirky character. Moving on to Mr Big Bear, once he hears Kevin is cursed, is consistently thinking that it's just Kevin believing he's cursed and basically setting himself up for mind over body tricks.

Ok so then Kevin gets a longer than average lack of bad luck, in which he's stressing out over when something is going to happen. Once Jagger decides he's g
Brandilyn
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016, mm
This title was originally reviewed for Prism Book Alliance®

If you are a reader who can't get enough shifters, you will certainly want to check out Bailey Bradford's latest, Bearly There. If the title doesn't give it away, one of the shifters is a Bear. The other is a pronghorn, but he can't shift. (Yeah, I totally had to look that one up!) So you have a predator/prey pairing. That makes for some interesting interactions between our two main characters. Add to that dynamic the fact that Kevin (t

Teeny
I've read books from Bailey Bradford and though they were okay I didn't like them enough to jump at the chance whenever she released a new one, mostly because apparently I kept reading her more dramatic stories. So boy oh boy wasn't this a surprise! Smooth plot and writing, freakin' hilarious dialogues (inner and outer) that made me laugh out loud while commuting and just a bit of angst to make everything even better.

The reason why it didn't go for more than 4 stars was because although
Eva Millien
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two men are trapped by their lives in their own way but they are about to find out that freedom comes in many forms in this captivating paranormal romance. Can you imagine bears running loose in the city…how about sexy ones? Well, Bailey Bradford has done it again and given readers another great shifter romance series and I was completely caught up in the intriguing plot and I can’t wait to for the next City Shifter book.

See my full review at:
Tiferet
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifters
I'm a big fan of Bailey Bradford's books, both in their more and less serious iterations, and this one wasn't a disappointment.
It's not very long, there is not much lore involved (it resembles more closely The Vamp for Me series in that regard), and it's quite sweet and funny and sexy (again, similar to the Vamp one).

All in all, an enjoyable and satisfying read for the amateurs of the genre. Bonus points for an obligatory pun in the title :)
TracyG.
Nov 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bailey Bradford was always one of my go to authors but I'm struggling to read her newer books. I do not like the humour she tries to bring in these books. I don't find them funny in fact I find them boring and not funny at all. I was so disappointed when I finally gave up trying to read this book at 70%. I just couldn't read anymore. I bought both books in the series but I will not be reading any more.
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Bearly There
BY Bailey Bradford

A Funny, Sweet romance!

I enjoyed reading this story, it made me laugh out loud and when I was finished I was left with a huge smile.

Jagger and Kevin are both fun to read about, if you enjoy reading shifters this id perfect for you.

Bearly There, is a cute little story about finding love and being true to one’s self.

#angfriendly

A light afternoon read.

Arc received by Publisher

Ang, PNR Book Lover Reviews
René
I like the direction the book took. Jagger's having a bad year and Kevin's cursed, but the quips between the two kept the book from getting overly serious. It was interesting to read about curses and belief of/in them. I'd like to see how their relationship develops, even if they're just side characters in the next book.
Sylvia
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I just Love reading stories with Shifters!
Marsha Spence
Feb 19, 2017
Arzu
Jan 21, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A few things about me...

I am a married mom of four who spends most of the day writing, either on stories or at the blog. I love to write as much as I love to read. I am generally quiet and laid back, choosing to let things slide off me rather than stick and irritate me.

And it's really hard trying to think of descriptives for myself, so I'll just let y'all e-mail me or comment at the blog if there'

City Shifters (2 books)
  • Harey Situation (City Shifters #2)
“I’m going to take you home, strip you down, and fuck you—” “Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!” Kevin said. He was back to pushing away from Jagger. “I think you forgot something there. Actually, I think you forgot several things!” Jagger cocked his head. Kevin held up one finger. “Kissing. There has to be lots of kissing.” Then a second finger, and one more for each point he ticked off. “And foreplay. What is it about men thinking foreplay doesn’t exist? I want some groping and rubbing and more sucking! Then— No, before the foreplay starts, but it can be during foreplay, too—a shower. Gods, a nice, hot shower.” Kevin’s eyes gleamed. “The two of us, naked, soapy, rubbing all over each other. But no soap for lube, that burns.” Another finger went up. “Food. I might even need that before all else, except maybe the kissing. If it’s garlicky food, then—” 0 likes