Start by marking “The Immortal Throne (Into the Dark, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Immortal Throne (Into the Dark, #3)

The Immortal Throne

(Into the Dark #3)

Daphne Raines was not expecting to wind up Queen of the Underrealm. She knew it was risky to enter the underworld to save the love of her life, Haden, who had sacrificed his own honor as an Underlord for her sake. But she could never have predicted that shed end up betrothed to Hadens conniving half-brother, Garrick, new King of the Underrealmand bound to his dark world.

Published October 1st 2016 by Carolrhoda Lab (R)

Start your review of The Immortal Throne (Into the Dark, #3)
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Complex, beautiful myth incorporation and really impossible to put down!
Sara Raasch
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Haden totally makes this book for me -- he's downright delicious :D That plus the lengths Bree goes to in weaving so many myths together in such a complex way is amazing! A great end to the series!
Asia
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it

I prefer this series a lot more than "The dark divine" trilogy. It's just better in my opinion.
Marguerite
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!!!!!

Really satisfying ending to the Into the Dark trilogy, with the characteristically Bree Despain open end that could lead to another book or just keep reader's minds going back to the characters and thinking "What are they up to now?"

All of the characters are solid in this, but of course, the secondary ones do take a back seat throughout the book, and the main story revolves around Daphne and Haden (to be frank, I'm not sure why the Tobin POV was left in, he only gets a handful of
Suey
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Awesome end to a fun trilogy that takes the Hades/Persephone myth, shakes it all up and sets it in the modern world. Loved it. :)
Taylor Marvin
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book series. The first one was great and really pulled me in. I was a little worried with the second one, because it felt as if not a whole lot had happened in it, at least in the first half. The second half is where it got really interesting. But this third book. It was by FAR my favorite. I already love Greek mythology, and giving it a modern twist in this series was truly divine.

The author got the romance down too; I couldnt put the book down until I knew what had happened to
Michelle
At the end of The Immortal Throne, Ms. Despain has a note that mentions how, thanks to the closing of her publishing house, the final section of Daphne and Hadens story may have never been published. I am so thankful for Carolrhoda Lab for picking up the series and allowing the fans to find out what happens. To never find out would have been a tragedy because their story is so much fun.

The Immortal Throne picks up right where the previous book ended. While Ms. Despain does try to connect the two
Emma
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! So hooking! Definitely had some tear-jerking parts but the ending was actually really good! I cannot believe that this series has come to an end! I was really able to connect with the characters and get to know them over this trilogy. Haden Lord is such a wonderful character and has a great personality! Now can I just get a guy like that? Hehe! The chapters were pretty short which made me want to continue reading. I kept telling myself, "Oh just one more chapter" and that ...more
Amanda
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book picks up right where the last one left off - Daphne is trapped in the Underrealm and Haden, Rowan, and Ren have been exiled to the mortal realm. Haden finds his way back to their friends - Joe, Jonathan, Lexie, and Ethan, and they begin a plot to find Jonathan's bow and rescue Persephone from the Skylord prison. When they arrive, they are not able to find Persephone, but do find the bow and Jonathan's long-lost wife Psyche. Unfortunately, Haden was shot with the black arrow, and is ...more
Lisa
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Getting this from Netgalley was exciting. I really enjoyed the first book. I had started it before and didn't get very far. The second time around was the charm. I loved this series and the last book was PERFECT. I couldn't stop reading this. Some things I figured out and somethings were a nice surprise. I loved Brimm. Rowan was a big let down, but what a JERK!!! So many lovely characters. The story line progressed very smartly, and at the conclusion ... it was left open for more in the search ...more
Lindsey Sanford
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a really nice conclusion to the trilogy. However, there were times where it felt like the plot was super rushed and I wasn't able to get a clear image of things. Characters who are important to one another say goodbye in very quick ways, so the reader doesn't get the opportunity to grieve that goodbye. Overall, though, I thought the concept behind the trilogy was unique and interesting. I'm also a sucker for a Greek mythology retelling and this one definitely appeased me.
Benedicte Dansie
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the conclusion to this trilogy. The twists and turns of the plot really keep readers engaged while also setting this story apart from many other greek mythology modernizations. I liked the additional POV's used in the second and third book, which allow the readers to see into the minds of more characters. I would've liked a little more development within the relationships (Haden/Daphne)(Lexie/Tobin)(Abbie/Dax) since at times things seem a little more rushed. I really enjoyed the ...more
Kelly Sierra
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2016
A good ending to a fun series. I forget how much I love Greek Mythology until I read a book or series like this one. It's engaging and frankly all the prior knowledge kicks in and makes the story that much more enjoyable. I loved seeing the growth of the characters, especially Daphne. Tell me you didn't love Shady? And then at the end what happens... whoa.

4 stars
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Nov 22, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a good conclusion to the series. Everything worked out for the best and all the main characters were still alive at the end. Sure it was a rough ride but at least they all made it. Daphne was in the Underworld most of the time and Haden of course spent the book trying to get to her. My only complaint was the ending could have been a little more exciting. However, since it was a happy ending I won't be too upset about it.
Swathi
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
*sigh* and back together again....but honestly, I wanted more on the Haden and Daphne front. I mean I waited THREE books for something. And I get like a thrown scrap in the last pages. *deep sigh of remorse*
Veray
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great ending to a great series. I loved the characters in this book. Their love and loyalty, their willingness to give themselves up to save the others. I am going to miss spending time in their world.
Book Magic
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This book is filled with highs, lows, and so much action that it will definitely keep you turning the page. This is definitely a book to read, and Bree Despain, is an author to check out.
Kassie
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
It was nice and I enjoyed it but it was lacking on some points. On the ending especially. I was expecting something darker, with more fight and flare, more adult we'll say. But still it was a really nice closing book.
Kaka_shi
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great end to a delightful seires
Millie
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It seemed like she wanted to end the series already, the ending felt like it went by fast when there could have been room for a little more action and whatnot. Maybe it's just me
Diana
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Britney
Jun 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
I really didn't like it....I threw the book aside after one part, but like it's ending was okay.
Jdecarlo
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book!
Matilda
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Best last line to a book ever
Aur
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this series!!! Highly recommend!!
Amna Alvi
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YESSSS SHADY-SORRY HADES :)
Laurie
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the finale! It was pretty stressful and intense with some surprising twists!
Tas
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite series! Loved the ending.
Melissa
Jan 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun conclusion to the Into the Dark series. I liked it. It wasn't spectacular, but it worked.
Jessica (a GREAT read)
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this eARC from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

You guys cannot believe how happy I am that this book exists!! When Egmont USA closed their doors, I felt sadness all around! For all the authors, all the books, but what came to my mind first among all these, was Bree Despain's Into the Dark trilogy! I had read The Eternity Key as an ARC and was left shrieking at its ending and then I was shrieking again when I
« previous 1 3 next »

• Awaken (Abandon, #3)
  • Flight (The Crescent Chronicles, #1)
  • Underworld (Abandon, #2)
  • The Boy with the Hidden Name (Otherworld, #2)
  • The Girl Who Never Was (Otherworld, #1)
  • Summer at Sea (Summer #1)
  • Her Lone Wolf (X-Ops, #2)
  • Banging Reaper (Pounding Hearts, #1)
  • Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)
  • Ordinary Hazards
  • A Sprinkle of Sorcery (A Pinch of Magic, #2)
  • Forest World
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • The Seventh Sun (The Age of the Seventh Sun, #1)
  • Dangerous Prayers: Because Following Jesus Was Never Meant to Be Safe
  • Bright Burns the Night (Dark Breaks the Dawn Duology #2)
  • Dragonslayer (Wings of Fire: Legends, #2)
  • The Judas Murders (Whippoorwill Hollow, #3)
The Short: Bree rediscovered her childhood love for creating stories when she took a semester off college to write and direct plays for at-risk, inner-city teens from Philadelphia and New York. She currently lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with her husband, two young sons, and her beloved TiVo. The Dark Divine is Bree's debut novel.

The Long: As a kid, Bree would staple folded papers to make her own

Into the Dark (3 books)
  • The Shadow Prince (Into the Dark, #1)
  • The Eternity Key (Into the Dark, #2)

News & Interviews