Start by marking “Strength in Numbers (The Game Players, #2)” as Want to Read:
Strength in Numbers (The Game Players, #2)

Strength in Numbers

(The Game Players #2)

They’re back! In their first adventure, Marc Julian, software billionaire, and Jesse Winchester, hacker extraordinaire, survived the evil plans of the Krom brothers and Jesse’s first lover, Chip. But Jesse has old debts to pay to Russian gangster Leonid Ivanov. Now Leonid is calling in those debts, demanding that Jesse find a great treasure for him, and a new game is set i ...more
Published February 9th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Strength in Numbers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strength in Numbers

Start your review of Strength in Numbers (The Game Players, #2)
CrabbyPatty

…. this book is fantastic. Strength in Numbers is the second book in the Game Players series, and is NOT a standalone, so you’ll need to read the first book in the series (Bitcoins. Cryptography. Satoshi. Haikus. Eidetic Memory. The Hoard. On first glance, digital currency and encrypted data storage and transmission may not seem the most exciting subject for a M/M contemporary romance novel, but …. would I lie to you? .......

…. this book is fantastic.
Strength in Numbers is the second book in the Game Players series, and is NOT a standalone, so you’ll need to read the first book in the series (Would I Lie to You?) to get up to speed.

Marc and Jesse find themselves on a quest to find the key to a one million bitcoin “wallet” (worth roughly $375 million) as a favor to Leonid, the enigmatic Russian criminal Jesse knew in prison. Their travels take them to Andorra, Barcelona, Tokyo — as well as a heartbreaking detour to Marc’s boyhood — and along the way they encounter their nemeses Chip and Walt, as well as Ryan. The plot is engrossing and it is a mark of Vance’s mad writing skills that along the way you realize you’ve learned an awful lot about encryption and code breaking, without feeling you’ve gotten a lecture.

Marc and Jesse’s relationship started as a deliciously slow burn between two smokin’ hot MCs, but bursts into flames in this book as they explore their fantasies with some incredibly steamy role playing. (Hello, sailor!) As Jesse ponders at one point — “Few men are happier than the man who’s had three orgasms in one day.” Indeed.

The book moves along at a good pace, and although the ending brings this quest to a very satisfactory conclusion, their adventures continue in the next book in the series “Game Theory.” If you are looking for an intriguing plot, along with two MCs whose kinks and quirks compliment each other in oh so many interesting ways, give the Game Players series a read!

I received an ARC from the author, via GayBook Reviews, in exchange for an honest review.
Review also posted at GayBook Reviews.
Bey Deckard
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nice to see the guys again! I love cryptography and treasure hunts so this was a fun read... Heh though I think Jesse and Marc had it too easy. Looking forward to the next.
Veronica of V's Reads
This is the second book in a series, and should be read in order.
4.5 Stars for this M/M romantic thriller/ cyber crime novel.

Marc and Jesse are back in action, together, on the trail of a half-billion in Bitcoin. I am NOT a tech-heavy person. I have little interest in the intrigues of hackers etc, but I really enjoyed this National Treasure-type escapade. Bitcoin is a digital currency that was invented and invested by "Satoshi" whomever that may be. Thing is, Satoshi's Bitcoin is anonymous but f
Caroline Brand
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

I loved Jesse and Marc in the first book and I loved them again in this book but I do wish we had been given a little more of their relationship – I was left feeling that although they had been on quite the adventure they hadn’t moved on that much in their personal lives, at least not on page, and it left me feeling as though I had missed out.

Bitcoins. I previously had no experience of them but by the end of the book had learnt quite a lot.
JR
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone wanting a smart sexy read
Jesse and Marc are back! This time it's the mysterious world of Bitcoin. I knew a little about the subject before I started reading, but I know much more now.

Once again Brad Vance has provided the reader with a smart, intriguing, brilliant, mystery laced with erotic sexy scenes. Your time and money could not be better spent than with this dazzling piece of work. The astute Mr. Vance is at the top of my "never miss anything an author writes list" .
Avid Reader
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Strength in Numbers (The Game Players #2) by Brad Vance
M/M Romance, treasure hunting
I was given this book for an honest review by Inked Rainbow Reads.

Vance did not disappoint with this story. While there was far less BDSM in this story, the undertones were far reaching. You are once again thrust in to a story where Marc and Jesse are fighting for their lives. However, it is much more along the lines of a mystery treasure hunting experience than one of dange
dbbks3
I still love these guys. Want more.
K
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I read, Would I Lie to You? By Brad Vance, it was my first time reading anything by this author. I absolutely love Jesse and Marc, and I really love the author’s writing style so I was eagerly awaiting book 2, Strength in Numbers. I even held onto it for a few days because I wanted to live in suspense. And, it didn’t disappoint me, at all.

One of the many things I love about Brad’s writing is his humor and the humor/banter he instills in his characters. Marc and Jesse are a perfect match
Cat
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What incredible fun! There are all manner of happenings going on in this cover-to-cover action-packed erotic thriller, which is the sequel to Would I Lie to You. Note: This is not a standalone novel. You will want to have read the first or you’ll be miserably lost. (On the plus side, the first book is so incredibly good that you want to read it anyway – trust me – would I lie to you?!) In my many years of reading, I have frequently found that second books in a series are generally not as well-wr ...more
Molly Lolly
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four and a half stars!
Jesse and Marc are back again for another story and I freaking love them. Their adventures this time aren’t as cut and dry as last time. There’s more intrigue, more cunning, and more backstabbing in this one. Some of it is expected while other parts make you hurt a little when you realize which sides are playing each other. The Quest these two went on was so fascinating. I loved how the history, real life, and Mr. Vance’s imagination all co
Nat ReadingAllNite
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quite an adventure

Before reading this, I Googled Bitcoin. The after reading Jesse's explanation to Marc, I understood. I understood that Bitcoin is some kind of computer code thingy, that somehow becomes worth real money. Fortunately, that's as much as I really needed to know! I did get easily distracted from the story initially, as it felt rather slow moving. The pace did pick up the more they traveled, with a few more suspenseful encounters. What I enjoyed the most was the knowledge, literatur
Mari  Cardenas
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review. ***

Strength in Numbers is the second book in The Game Players series and needs to be read in order so you can appreciate it better.

Marcus and Jesse are still going strong, managing to maintain romance and lust through everything life throws their way. In this case, Leonid, the inmate who helped Jesse escape from prison is back to collect on the favor and Chip and Walter are back to get in their way.

I l
Carlos Mock
Aug 19, 2016 rated it liked it
After being in jail for a crime he did not commit, Jesse Winchester receives a note from the man who helped him get out of prison. Leonid Ivanov, the Russian mafia magnate, sends Jessy and his billionaire boyfriend, Marc Julian on a quest to find the Satoshi Hoard: a "wallet" of Bitcoin coins worth $375 billion.

Unbeknown to Marc and Jesse, their nemesis: Chip Sutherland and Walt Starr have also been contracted to find the elusive treasure.

They will fight it out, from Argentina to To
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Shelves: february-2016
Brad Vance has done it again! Holy hell the ups and downs and the trips they went on had me at the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. I love the descriptions of each place because I felt like I was there right with Jesse and Marc.

Jesse and Marc are back again and this time they are going to have a hard time with this mission because what is asked of Jesse will take them on an adventure of a lifetime. Jesse stills owe a debt to the Russian gangster Leonid and he
Cristina
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book pressed all my buttons. For the geek in me it taught me about bitcoin, and, believe me, it's fascinating the growing role this "web currency" has in our underground economy- It is a really good thriller with a romantic mm component. We have an established couple that faces really important challenges and grows through it. And I was really more than fascinated - obsessed, by "chapter 9" sounds crazy? It's not. It is Marc's backstory written with such soul and depth of feelings that you ...more
QUEERcentric Books
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Christina for QUEERcentric Books

Strength in Numbers by Brad Vance was an amazing book.

I know I say this a lot but I loved it! The characters, the sexytimes, the adventure–all wonderful. You should definitely read the first book in the series, Would I Lie to You?, before reading this book.

Everything was spectacular with Strength in Numbers I truly can’t recommend it enough. Even if, like me, you don’t know/care about bitcoin, this story is strong en
Suze
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
An excellent follow up - still quite larger than life but fun and enjoyable.
I had seen a documentary on the Silk Road recently so a lot of the references did mean something though there was a lot of googling going on too!
I liked the way the real was woven in to the chase and treasure hunt story.
Leonid kind of disappeared so no doubt will crop up in another book. As I think will Ryan!
Marc's billions do make life easy when world jet setting is necessary and they do seem to
Shaztwirl
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ooh Very Clever!

Once again, I am struck dumb by the level of research and the depth of knowledge that goes into writing such a story. I have no idea how accurate it all is, but consider me very impressed. I am very much looking forward to the next instalment (and I really hope we get to see "more' of Ryan).
Karen Wellsbury
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
ahh !
having read this and Would I Lie to You? back to back I liked this a lot more that the first book.
These books really remind me of Oceans eleven and that kind of high voltage suspense romp.
Enjoyable and totally unbelievable
David Durkit
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great sequel

In Book 2 you learn a lot more about the protagonists. Their past and present meld together to show you how they have become who they are. I really liked all the drama about code and how that keeps the story going. Extremely well written and researched.
Elisa Rolle
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
2016 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention: Strength in Numbers by Brad Vance
Very well written, intriguing characters, fast paced plot.
Karen
Apr 12, 2016
Farrah
Jun 13, 2016
Ariana
rated it did not like it
Apr 12, 2016
Ashley
Oct 14, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Weight of It All
Brad Vance is the author of over twenty books. He's hard at work on the sequel to Stabitha. Keep up with Brad at BradVanceAuthor.com, or email him at BradVanceAuthor@gmail.com.

The Game Players (2 books)
  • Would I Lie to You? (The Game Players, #1)