Start by marking “Jessica's Secret (Sweet Valley Twins, #42)” as Want to Read:
Jessica's Secret (Sweet Valley Twins, #42)

Jessica's Secret (Sweet Valley Twins #42)

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  429 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Growing pains . . .

Jessica Wakefield has always prided herself on being the more sophisticated twin, but suddenly it's her sister, Elizabeth, who's blossoming. Overnight, something wonderful has happened to turn Elizabeth into a young woman. And now Jessica's sure that if anyone--especially her sister--finds out that it hasn't happened to her, she'll die of humiliation. T
Published October 1st 1990 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Jessica's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jessica's Secret

kylajaclyn
Jan 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Synopsis: I swear I have read this one before, though usually I remember covers better than plots. But the story was WAY too familiar to me to not have read it. Either that or all these books from the 90s are just interchangeable... which I don't really doubt.

So Elizabeth has! her! period! now. Which is epic not because she actually has her period (that happens to half the population, after all), but because periods and "supplies" are discussed, and it is more or less acknowledged that the Wakef
Bianca
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
I’m laughing at this one. Because can I just talk about the absurdity of it for a minute? Elizabeth gets her period and Jessica is jealous because she doesn’t get hers at the same time. When I was twelve years old, I never had this desire. Truthfully, this is not something I would have been jealous of if someone told me they had it. It trips me out to no end to read these kinds of books. Mrs. Wakefield even makes a special dinner to celebrate. Hah. I remember mine and my mother did get all gooey ...more
Elizabeth
Aug 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the SVT books I read over and over. I remember being so excited at the thought of getting my period. lol
Sally
Apr 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Oh my god, it's totally a Judy Blume Sweet Valley special! ;)
Caroline Bennett
I wasn't sure if I wanted to read Sweet Valley Twins but this one book has convinced me.

I really don't remember it being a massive deal when I got my period. I think my only reaction was annoyance. Maybe if I had a twin sister it would have been different.

Anyway! It was brilliant. Though we never do find out what happens to Elizabeth when she runs out of "supplies".

Oh and Robin's outfit is totally something I would have tried to copy. Black polo neck with silver jewellery - so Cindy Crawford!
Sarah Crawford
Jan 17, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a storyline that I have a problem with. Elizabeth gets her first period and is really happening, considering herself now basically grown up. Jessica is angry that she hasn't gotten her first period and so pretends she has gotten it.
The reason is that the girls want to visit a friend and, until now, their parents did not think they were mature enough to go there by themselves on a bus. This is one of the reasons Jessica has lied so then can make the trip.

Here is where I have a rather maj
Malin
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I remember that I chose this book for an oral bookreport when I was in elementary school. And how I regretted it! It's about becoming a woman and getting your period and I didn't even know what a period was! So I had to have an awkward talk with my mom and an even more awkward oral bookreport. I was mortified!
Those old memories might have affected the grading but I don't think so. The storyline is kind of lame anyway because Jessica and Robin are so bitchy and mean.
M.
Oct 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, coming-of-age
a menstruation narrative!
elizabeth and jessica could both learn from reading The Emotionally Abusive Relationship
Rayna
May 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Please only read this book if you are a girl trust my boys how read this are going to freak out
Jodie
Oct 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-early-years
It was always hard for me to resist picking up a Sweet Valley book, no matter where I was - Walmart, grocery store, airport...
Cws
Jun 04, 2009 added it
Shelves: jear
JEAR3-Pas
Tinkerbelle
Apr 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this book was really good i give this book 5 stars.
Donna
Dec 03, 2012 added it
Snort. Mine was either the day after my 13th or 14th birthday, and all I remember feeling is vaguely resigned.
Sheila Read
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I remember the cover just not the story.
Lynda Brown

One for pre-pubescent school boys.
Paul Graham liked it.
J
Jul 14, 2009
May 11, 2014
Deryn
rated it did not like it
Jan 09, 2012
Vonia
Jul 09, 2012
Christine
Jun 04, 2013
Amanda
Sep 15, 2012
  • Jessi and the Bad Baby-sitter (The Baby-Sitters Club, #68)
Francine Pascal (May 13, 1938— ) is an American author best known for creating the Sweet Valley series of novels. In 1982 she created the characters and the stories for the first six books and her agent, Amy Berkower of Writers House sold them to Bantam Books. Book number one is mostly written by Ms. Pascal. From then on she wrote the stories for every book ever published in the series. After the ...more
More about Francine Pascal...

Sweet Valley Twins (1 - 10 of 123 books)
  • Best Friends (Sweet Valley Twins, #1)
  • Teacher's Pet (Sweet Valley Twins, #2)
  • The Haunted House (Sweet Valley Twins, #3)
  • Choosing Sides (Sweet Valley Twins, #4)
  • Sneaking Out (Sweet Valley Twins, #5)
  • The New Girl (Sweet Valley Twins, #6)
  • Three's a Crowd (Sweet Valley Twins, #7)
  • First Place (Sweet Valley Twins, #8)
  • Against the Rules (Sweet Valley Twins, #9)
  • One of the Gang (Sweet Valley Twins, #10)