Start by marking “Blind Dates: Four Stories of Hearts United with a Little Help from Grandma” as Want to Read:
Blind Dates: Four Stories of Hearts United with a Little Help from Grandma

Blind Dates: Four Stories of Hearts United with a Little Help from Grandma

Mattie Stevens has forgotten about Jeff Weatherly. After all, it's been years since the two were an item...but Grandma certainly remembers. What can Mattie do when Jeff returns to town and Grandma pushes her back toward "the one who got away"? As a successful interior designer, Callie's tired of men who pursue her for her money...so she's said good-bye to love. But Grandma ...more
Published December 31st 2003 by Barbour Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Blind Dates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Dates

Start your review of Blind Dates: Four Stories of Hearts United with a Little Help from Grandma
Rachel Brand
I'm not big on novellas; I'll read them if the topic is really interesting to me, or if the author is one of my favourites, but in general I find them repetitive if they're joined together by a common theme. I read a collection a couple of years ago that centred around historical romances at Christmastime set in log cabins. Nine stories in total, and by the end, I was a little tired of the log cabin/Christmas themes. I probably wouldn't have picked this collection up on my own, but a friend lean ...more
Terry Yaceyko
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an interesting read. It is four short stories about a gramma helping her grand daughters find the love of their lives. Smile. The stories were sweet and the idea is close to my heart.
I have prayed (and continue to pray) that our daughters will marry Christian men - and I have started to pray for our grandchildren. I know the desires of a gramma's heart.
I will keep this book.
Emily Yager
I loved this collection of fun, clean romances. A meddling, matchmaking grandmother with four single granddaughter's. All the stories followed a similar theme and felt a bit alike, but all in all a enjoyable read for a relaxing weekend.
Leanne
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was an interesting concept - four novellas written by four different authors. I only liked the story by Denise Hunter. I give that one 4 stars and the rest of the stories were too far-fetched for me or I didn't like the main characters. So the average for the book is 2 stars.
Kathy
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
4 stories from 4 authors, all about 4 cousins and the grandmother who sets each one up with a blind date. All kind of similar, and they all seemed to get engaged and married too soon after they met. But not bad for a quick read.
Sarah Neumann
Sep 09, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a sweet book. Lovely stories☺️
Maryann
Jul 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Beautiful christian stories about a meddling grandma that sets up her four grand-daughters on blind dates. I gave it 3 stars because I kept losing interest in reading by the time I came to the third story in the novel. The change in authors only affected the change in writing skills but I found that the characters were consistent in all stories except "Jeff". He changed dramatically in the last book-but that's probably because the reader finally gets to know him better there. The fourth book was ...more
Lisa
Aug 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was given this book by a friend. She said I would enjoy it and she wasn't wrong. Faith based romance isn't something I would normally pick-up. I'm glad I gave this book a try. The four stories were unique but wonderfully tied together. One story hit close to home for me and at points in the story brought me to tears because of how similar it sounded to my own situation. The grandmother is the story is a hoot. Again, something I can easily relate to with a grandmother who is 90 and still going ...more
Larik
I love their grandma!!! Each story was fun and sweet in itself but taking a pastor on uncontrolable riding with blasting music and to top it off with crazy rolerblading made me tear up with laughter. But then again putting into submission an egocentric architector was was not just fun but downright sinfull.
Sweet fun grandma, four independent rebelious cousins and four poor-poor men make up quite a book!!
Christine
Dec 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
So I found this book while looking for a different book by the same author (or at least one of them-there's 4 different authors). The title totally got me. Not in a million years could I imagine any of my grandmothers trying to set me up on a blind date let alone actually going on the date. Gotta love grandmas. Each of the stories was written by a different author. 3 of the 4 were really good, the 4th-needs to work on her writing skills....just my opinion.
Damecatoe
Aug 02, 2007 rated it did not like it
No matter your reading tastes, don't even bother with Blind Dates. It's actually like 4 mini-books in one. I attempted to read 2 of them, and they were so bad, I just gave up. You would have to know the inordinate amounts of sucktastic fanfic that I have read to realize just how bad this makes Blind Dates.
Rachel
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This is a sweet collection of connected Christian romance novellas; in this one, four cousins are set up by their Grandma on dates because she really wants them all to have a great marriage like she did. I like this collection a lot and have read it several times.
Marissa
Jan 13, 2010 is currently reading it
The first story was pretty good, they aren't going in exactly the right direction as you would think. This is definitely a chick-lit, and, although the end is predictable, it's interesting how they get to the ending.
emyrose8
Feb 25, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5- I liked the first two stories; the last two didn't really trip my trigger, especially the very last one. That one seemed to contradict itself over and over and the love story seemed too easy.
Michelle
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read. A little bit of humor and fun with plenty of romance, the four novellas follow four cousins who have a matchmaking grandmother.
Haylie
Dec 06, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: romance
I pretty much liked it. The stories were pretty good, all kinda had the same message. "To follow you heart, also follow God" A good book all the same
Melissa
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Four cousins being matched up by their grandmother. All the stories are really sweet and refreshing.
Sara
Sep 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Fun stories that include a meddling grandma.
Alyssa
Apr 04, 2008 rated it it was ok
I don't totally remember this book, but I don't remember being very impressed. I prefer her other books.
Lesli Polk
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cute, clean novel with four different stories of love and faith by Ms. Billerbeck and three other authors. A great read.
Vicky Haag
Brittnee
Nov 14, 2012

• The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter
  • Aloha
  • Perilous Riptide (Lantern Beach Mysteries #5)
  • Drenched in Light (Tending Roses #4)
  • Dangerous Waters (Lantern Beach Mysteries #4)
  • The Wedding Shop
  • Who I Am with You (Legacy of Faith #1)
  • A Thousand Voices (Tending Roses #5)
  • Morality for Beautiful Girls (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #3)
  • Storm Surge (Lantern Beach Mysteries #3)
  • If Ever I Would Leave You (Montana Rescue, #0.5)
  • Strands of Truth
  • Convergence at Two Harbors
  • Deadly Undertow (Lantern Beach Mysteries #6)
  • The Kalahari Typing School for Men (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #4)
  • The Full Cupboard of Life (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #5)
  • Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #8)
  • More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
About Kristin
I grew up with a strong sense of justice. I simply knew the way things should be. And since I’m not smart enough to be a district attorney, I am a novelist. My childhood was slightly confusing. I blame my parents for this. Oh heck, I’m going to blame them for everything. I think I would have turned out normal if it weren’t for them.
the billerbeck's

Okay, probably not. I am a fourth-