Start by marking “Prelude to Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Prelude to Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #0.5)

Prelude to Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts

(Claimings #0.5)

Before Liam had a new commander who openly distrusted him, before Ondry earned his ka status, there were two traders. Ye Ondry wants to earn status, and he is curious about this new human. Liam has just arrived on the planet and he’s trying to figure out these aliens who supposedly have good metals to trade. Neither of them suspects that a chance trade and a few pots knock ...more
Published February 9th 2016 by Loose Id

Lyn Gala I'm going to try to write a fourth this summer (no promises because I struggle with sequels). However, I wrote this so that Claimings would be long en…moreI'm going to try to write a fourth this summer (no promises because I struggle with sequels). However, I wrote this so that Claimings would be long enough to qualify for a paperback version from Loose Id. The original novella was too short. Right now, Loose Id is preparing a text that has the new material in the same book with the original, and that will be available in paperback. I'll announce when it's available.(less)

Start your review of Prelude to Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #0.5)
Shin Mon Thway
Such beautiful novellas.

In this collection of novellas, we are able to learn how Ondry first had his sight on Liam and how they interacted with each other in the early days. It’s so refreshing and exhilarating to see many POVs here. I especially love seeing things from Ondry’s eyes. It definitely was a very worthy experience. You really need to read this collection of novellas if you love this claiming series by Lyn Gala. And I’m so grateful that Lyn put a glossary of Rownt expressions as well a
Lyn Gala
Feb 10, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I hope everyone enjoys this free short.
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Ondry & Liam: The Beginning, aka Feelings, Faux Pas, and Friendship.

These are the early days, before Ondry claims his palteia. Seeing these two dance around each other, trading insults and breaking bread (or bitter fruit, as the case may be), made me happy.

I love these MCs and this world. I will read any Claimings book Lyn Gala writes. There can never be enough.
Chelsea
Reread Oct 2017 - love love love Liam and Ondry!!!!

Review

This is me hearing there is more of Liam and Ondry out there....

I don't care what its about, if it has these two I will love it!!! Prelude is perfect for anyone who loves these two and just wants to get their grabby hands on any more interactions between these two.

For so many years, people looked at Liam like he was a broken toy. And damn it, Liam deserved respect. He hadn’t expected an alien to offer that support though.

Prelude has one ma
SheReadsALot
Lyn Gala:

Thank you. :)

For people looking for the freebie: http://www.loose-id.com/prelude-to-cl...
Kaje Harper
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adored having different perspectives on the culture and relationship between Ondry and Liam. This collection gives us not just their first meeting from Liam's POV, but stories from the POV of Ondry and a Grandmother. Beautifully done, with their views both wonderfully alien and very accessible. My favorite human-alien romance story is made even more fun with these short works.

Although this is a prequel, it will mean the most if read after the first novel in the series IMO.
Tamara
Though this is chronologically a prequel, I would recommend reading it after reading the first book in the series at least.

It's a collection of short stories. The first story shows us how Ondry and Liam first met, told from Liam's perspective. The other three stories tell us about the happenings from the beginning of Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts, this time from Ondry's perspective, and from the perspective of a Grandmother.

I absolutely loved them all! I now have the urge to re-re
Meep
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This freebie is a great addition to the series, it gives different povs on Liam and Ondry meeting, showing it from the perspectives of Liam, Ondry and a Grandmother.

Doubt it'll make much sense if you've not read the first book.

I found it interesting seeing from the very different mindsets especially as it's between alien species - Human and Rownt. Shows how much thought has gone into building this verse and developing philosophies.
* A Reader Obsessed *
Enlightening and sweet. This truly brought a smile to my face.
Karen
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Prelude to 'Claimings, Tails and Other Alien Artifacts' was a wonderful free read put out by the author as a thank you to fans of this series. In spite of the fact that this is a prequel I have to admit that I think a better appreciation and understanding of the stories contained within would actually be achieved by reading 'Claimings, Tails and Other Alien Artifacts' first.

In these stories, as there really more more than one, we get to see the beginning of the relationship between the MCs and w
Eugenia
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook October 2019: 5 Stars!! These novellas are an extra treat at the end of the Claimings audiobook!! Like before, I loved the different POV’s in this incredible world Lyn Gala has built!!

Original ebook review June 2017:
Triple POVs that cover Liam and Ondry's first encounters (Liam), the first part of Claimings... (Ondry), and the Temple ceremony (Grandmother). I really liked reading this after reading Claimings since it brought in different perspectives. Had I read this first, I would hav
Claudie ☾
UPDATE: Adding half a star, because I completely adore these two! 😍

I agree it makes much more sense after finishing book 1, but the spoilers aren’t really that severe, so it’s up to you if you read this before or after.

~~~

Oops! I didn't know I was supposed to read this after finishing book one, and now I’m stuck with spoilers! 🙈 Oh, well… That’s what I get for not checking the reviews beforehand.

4.5 stars.
The Bursting Bookshelf of a Wallflower
4 stars!

I fell in love with Ondry and Liam when I read the first installment in the series and before picking up the second, I decided to read the Prelude to Claimings, Tails and other Alien Artifacts in order to get a deeper understanding of the Rownt, their culture and the world they live in.

So when Liam received his transfer to the linguistic division as a tech assigned to facilitate trading, he’d expected to explore an alien race. He’d wanted adventure and maybe he had a few fantasies a
FantasyLiving
So I read this because ONDRY and LIAM and grabby hands!

This was awesome because it filled in gaps from the original trilogy. It says Prelude, but I would still read it last. It has now prompted a complete re-read of the series for me. I've been at it all weekend so far. I should stop, because I have a pile of other books I should be reading, but it is just .So. Hard. To. Stop.

This couple, this world, this series is top 5 of anything I have picked up in the last 10 years. And since I can only re
Lilia Ford
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lovely, humorous, touching set of stories that fill out a few key scenes in Ondry and Liam's story. I especially loved the competing versions of how they met and I actually got choked up in the final story from Ondry's Grandmother's perspective: Liam is just that vulnerable and for once it felt earned. Honestly, I could read a dozen more of these and it still wouldn't be enough.

Bottom line: if you like this series, you will love these.
Elena
If you’re reading this series for the first time, this “prequel” is best enjoyed after reading the first book, Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts.
Chronologically, this one comes first (apart from the last two scenes, which are at the beginning of the first book), but it’s really a collection of scenes and they would make little sense to readers who don’t already know Ondry, Liam and their story's beginning.

When I’m rereading this series, I like to read this prelude and the first book at
Lori¸¸¸.•*❀Ɍɛɑɗs̱LɪƙɛIʈs̱H̱ɛɍJɔɓ  유❤유
Interesting snippets from other POVs that enhanced the first book.
Tully Vincent
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Note: This free story is a prequel to the story of Ondry and Liam that details how they met. As such, it’s not a romance.

DESPITE the note above from the publisher, I did find this very romantic and sweet. No sex, yes, but there was budding feelings and loving care enough to make me swoon. The book includes the following stories, some of which have been published elsewhere (web) and some new. We get various POVs and all give extra depth and dimension to the beginning of an already awesome story.

E
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 5 Short Stars
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 4

I read this one after book 2. I LOVED IT! I don’t care how short it was I loved reading those little snippets from Ondry’s point of view! It was like chocolate to a four year old! I wanted to throw a temper tantrum when it ended I swear I devoured the book!

Okay I’m head over heels in love with a purple alien and his human palteia. How I got here I really don’t know because I avoided this series for some time due to the “not sexually c
❀~Amy~❀
More Liam and Ondry can only be a good thing (and it was totally awesome!!!). Love these two!
Tammy
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good-read
Enjoyed the start to this series and can’t wait to start the next book! I loved the kick ass grandmothers too! 😚
Hill *Romance Newbie*
Well, what should I write? It's a prelude . I think that's enough description. *brain still incoherent, happens every time I read any of Claimings books*

You-have-no-idea moment :

"They both benefited from the trades, and maybe, if Liam was lucky, their relationship might turn into something pretty interesting."

LOL moment :

"The support staff had threated to murder anyone who brought more [bitter] berries back to base."

Swoon moment :

"He would fight Grandmothers or

Lila Hunter
This book is the perfect companion to the original series. When I read the first book, I liked it but didn't love it. The prelude gives the reader the chance to see those missing pieces and use their knowledge of the world to really enjoy the author's creation.

It's definitely better if read last.
Lisazj1
I absolutely love any look I get into Liam & Ondry's world. What this really did is make me want to turn right around and re-read the entire series. I really hope Lyn Gala's muse leads her to more for them one day *soon*. <3 ...more
Relly
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, b-2016-reads
I really enjoyed these shorts.
Seeing the story from the first meeting and then the ones from Ondrys side
Trio
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yes, you all were right, definitely read this between the 1st and 2nd Claimings books. It was very interesting to get Ondry's pov. ...more
Aղցela W.
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good book. The alien race of Rownt are traders before anything but trader Ondry decides that protecting the emotionally battered soldier Liam and gaining him as a 'palteia' which might be loosely translated as a submissive. Ondry is confident, strong. He’s also very caring he cares very much about Liam and it takes some time for him to understand what Liam needs, how to translate that caring into actions and words that Liam will accept and believe. Liam cares deeply, feels deep ...more
Rachel Emily
I LOVE getting more of Ondry and Liam, and I just love the different POVs from their first meetings and how interested and intrigued they are in each other right from the start. I'll take whatever I can get with these two because I can always read about them! It's still hard for me to envision what Ondry really looks like to be honest, but this was a nice little read to get more insight into this world, and I really hope there will be a 4th book in this series. ...more
⚣Michaelle⚣
3.8 Stars

Wasn't really sure how to rate this...but the prelude definitely whet my appetite for a longer book. I'm a scifi whore so this should be a given, though.

(Also, I stopped half-way through the second short story because I got the feeling it took place sometime later and I wasn't sure if that was before or during the first installment of this series. As such, the rating might be lower at the moment than it will be if/when I read more.)
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Human Omega: Discovered on the Slave Planet (Pykh, #1)
  • Human Omega: Trapped in the Alien Jungle (Pykh #2)
  • Human Omega: Babied by His Guardian Mates (Pykh, #3)
  • Changed: Mated to the Alien Alpha (The Omega Colony, #1)
  • Alpha Trine (The Valespian Pact #1)
  • Omega Society Auction: Episode One (Rourke #1)
  • The 5th Gender (Tinkered Stars, #1)
  • Omega Society Auction: Book Two (Rourke #2)
  • Omega Society Auction: Book Four (Rourke #4)
  • Omega Society Auction: Book Three (Rourke #3)
  • Cry Wolf (Big Bad Wolf, #5)
  • Dark Space (Dark Space, #1)
  • Prince for Sale (Thrall Prince #1)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Kríe Captivity (The Nira Chronicles, #1)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • That Alien Feeling (Calluvia's Royalty, #1)
  • How to Howl at the Moon (Howl at the Moon, #1)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
Lynsey "Lyn" Gala started writing in the back of her science notebook in third grade and hasn’t stopped since. Westerns starring men with shady pasts gave way to science fiction with questionable protagonists which eventually gave in to any story with a morally ambiguous character. Even the purest heroes have pain and loss and darkness in their hearts, and that’s where she likes to find her storie ...more

Claimings (5 books)
  • Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #1)
  • Assimilation, Love, and Other Human Oddities (Claimings, #2)
  • Affiliations, Aliens, and Other Profitable Pursuits (Claimings, #3)
  • Expeditions, Estimation, and Other Dangerous Pastimes (Claimings, #4)
  • Ends, Means, Laws and an Angry Ship