Start by marking “Raven-Mocking (The Twilight Court, #3)” as Want to Read:
Raven-Mocking (The Twilight Court, #3)

Raven-Mocking

(The Twilight Court #3)

Return to the Twilight Court.
Among the Cherokee there is a legend, a myth about witches who steal from the sick and dying. These witches are called raven-mockers, after the sound they make when they scour the night for victims. The legend is true but the Cherokee got one thing wrong about raven-mockers. They're not witches at all; they're fairies.
Now Seren must find p
Published February 8th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Raven-Mocking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raven-Mocking

Angela
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Kinda confusing. There were so many characters in this book it was virtually impossible to keep track of everyone. There is a good story line, but it just got suppressed due to so many physical descriptions. I would love more character development in this series. And to have more of the book. Unfortunately it ended at 83%
Karmen
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this latest book, Amy takes us on another Fairy-tastic journey! While investigating a series of attacks both as Fairy Princess and Ambassador, we are taken on an unexpected journey with Seren! I'm amazed at how Amy keeps coming up with such flawlessly executed stories. Amy's writing is fantastic and as the plot begins to unfold throughout this novel you'll be wooed by unforeseen outcomes. Every book I've read by Amy is incredibly hard to put down and I'm constantly sucked into the amazing wor ...more
Agnieszka
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
I can't stand Tiernan... he's overbearing, a snob and a jealous asshole. I have absolutely no idea why Seren loves him - hate insta love that's why I'm hopeing she'll finally boot him and start with Raza who is much deeper character...and you can actually see the feelings DEVELOPING!!
Mercy
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shapeshifters
Taylor
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Raven Mocker was a very interesting plot line! it gave the reader more of a background about the origins of the Extinguishers as well as the Fae, without having being told directly by an innre monologue.

I was very surprised but also kind of curious about Raza being the father of one of the Raven-Mockers. Turns out that is his only child as well, so he is a very concerned parent in this book becuase his son is being accused of murder. I loved seeing this softer side of Raza and getting to know h
Kareen Pierre
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Distracting at times yet exciting!

Honestly it’s a 4 compared to the previous books in the serie so far but it’s still 5 stars material in the reverse harem verse, urban fantasy verse and as a novel.

Why 4 ? The typos seemed more numerous in this one. I guess I’ve just enjoyed the first two a tad more. Yet, this novel offers a challenge to the reader and the main character : a change of direction. That maybe being monogamous isn’t the only way anymore or « how about exploring new ways of being? »
Heather Gilbert
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 is better than the first 2

There are very few book series that actually get BETTER as they go along, yet this one fits the bill. Gone are the over expressive descriptions and unnecessary rehashing. Instead, the characters are finding their way and the story is fleshing out in an entertaining, and funny, way. Seren is coming into her own and it is finally starting to hint at the slow burn RH goodreads whispered about.

Inventive, delightful and engaging. Starting book 4 now.
Jim Guldner
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Still a delightful read

Again, a wealth of fairy, fey, witchy history(?), enough to make you want to break out your old boss on mythology, and dig up ones about the Irish variants. Enjoyed the reveal of another world too complicate Seren's life, the seeming resolution of Gaza's infatuation, the joy of her writing with its sometimes very straightforward, soap you in the face style of sarcasm. But I especially enjoyed learning how to name someone a dickhead in Gaelic😅😅👍
Keep going, it should be inte
Sarafresh
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series is really good, I'm fixing to start book four. The characters are well developed along with the story line. My only complaint is that every book has a re-explaining of all the characters so it seems to take a while to really dig into the adventure, but once your in it you can't put it down!
Tiffany
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

Another good read from the Twilight Court series. As with the previous books in the series, there are a few grammatical issues, but nothing that can't be overlooked, if desired. Overall, I am still really enjoying this series. The storyline of each book keeps my attention until the end, and is different enough from the others that it hasn't gotten too repetitive.
Fjlam
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
So far this is one of my favorites of this series. The writing flows well. More characters are introduced, and some we get to know better. Tiernan really starts to get annoying at parts. He has some trust issues. Raza doesn’t know when to back off. Serena does pretty well as she is still learning and growing.

Louise
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I much preferred this tp the last one. The story is a lot more interesting and their were some real laugh out loud moments in it too. I would like to know more about the boy who talks to animals though.
Abi
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
Awesome!

I love these books with all my heart! I think my favorite characters, besides Seren and Danu of course, are Uisdean and Uncle Dylan. They’re hilarious! Suffice to say, these books are amazing, and this one introduces a whole new race of people. 5 stars.
Carolina Malfettano
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another perfect book

Another story of Seren and her gang that ends and leaves me with a huge smile on my face and it leaves me anxious to know what comes next. I won’t stop until the end :)
Lara Lenc
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun, refreshing read

I love the light, quick-paced, humorous feel of this series. It's especially good for tipping adults or a light read.
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
It just gets better and better as the series continues. Love it!
Clare
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love it. I kinda want this to turn into a RH. Tieran, raza, Corni 😍 would make my days!
KDinSC
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent

I keep loving this series more, with each new book! kick-a$$/smart-aleck heroine, sexy boyfriend,and would be consists, and epic urban fantasy.
Ritchie Rodgers
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Series

Can't stop once I start a book in this series. Each one is so good. Really good series to try it you like Fantasy and Romance novels.
Mandi
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love!

I love this series and I love this author!! I can't wait to read the next one! Thank you Amy!
Terri West
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Am enjoying this series as I have Amy's previous books, my biggest criticism would be that it is getting dangerously close to being too similar to the Godhunter series.
Kathryn
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
3/9 Loving each book = unique story!
Lauren Grice
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love The Twilight Court series. I loved how strong Seren was and especially Raza!!!! He's absolutely my favorite. These were well written and I looked forward to the next book each time.
Meena
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun and entertaining read!!!

A lot of new characters were introduced in this book. And when I say a lot, I mean an entire coven of witches. Like, wow!

Not only that, it takes place in Tulsa of Oklahoma. Yay! I live in Muskogee, OK and it's about 50 minutes south of Tulsa. ❤

And oh, let's not forget Lord Raza? Remember Seren's short encounter with him in the unseelie court from book 2?

Well, let's just say he is hunkalicious and if Seren don't want him, I will take him as a second
Jennifer Denholm
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love getting lost in these books (and her other series) no matter how many other authors I try, none capture my attention like this one. I think the utter craziness of them keep me wanting more, and the fact the female character has confidence in herself.

This is the 3rd book in the series, and Princess Extinguisher Ambassador Seren is called to the human realm to help with some fairies who are taking the lives of old and sick dying humans. It's never just straight forward though, so she has t
JadeShea
Seren is half human so she must also help out the humans when the have some issues. However, this issue they think they have is a fairy issue, but is it really?
Seren must figure it out before all hell breaks loose on some fairies.

Seren must deal with a new man coming around, some fairies who are actually innocent, maybe, and some crazy people who are trying to take the lives of innocent people.

This book was really good. It had mystery, drama, and a whole lot of good times in it.
I can't wait
Dena
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Umm hot

This is going great she is establishing herself more. This has turned into a unique situation for her to navigate. Omg Raza he is going to cause so much trouble. I hope this is a RH it would be so cool. I'm hoping let's see what happens
Marguerite (M)
Rating : 3 stars

While I kind of like Seren and Tiernan's relationship, Raza easily became my second favorite character after Cat.
#teamTiernanxSerenxRaza
Wait no... go away Tiernan.
John
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LOVE this series! So much adventure and humour! Get yourself reading this series!
Bec
Aug 23, 2017 rated it liked it
So cool, love that Australia is in this. Overall the complex plot is better than the first two reads.

• The Killing Season (Fear University, #2)
  • Darkness Descends: A Skye Faden Novel
  • Blood and Sin (The Infernari, #1)
  • Demons in Disguise (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #3)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Once Broken Faith (October Daye, #10)
  • Angel of Death (The Third Throne, #2)
  • Mountain Echoes (Walker Papers, #8)
  • Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson: Moon Called
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • Flames of Truth (The Lost Fae, #1)
  • Grinding Frost (Starcrossed Dragons #2)
  • Death Magic (World of the Lupi, #8)
  • Lead Heart (Seraph Black, #3)
  • Equal Parts (Supernova #1)
  • Beyond The Shadows (Force of Nature #3)
  • Darkness Bound (The Witch's Rebels, #2)
Amy Sumida is the Internationally Acclaimed author of the Award-Winning Godhunter Series, the fantasy paranormal Twilight Court Series, the Beyond the Godhunter Series, the music-oriented paranormal Spellsinger Series, and several short stories. Her books have been translated into several languages, have made it to the top sellers list on Amazon numerous times, and the first book in her Spellsinge ...more

The Twilight Court (9 books)
  • Fairy-Struck (The Twilight Court, #1)
  • Pixie-Led (The Twilight Court, #2)
  • Here There be Dragons (The Twilight Court, #4)
  • Witchbane (The Twilight Court, #5)
  • Elf-Shot (The Twilight Court, #6)
  • Fairy Rings and Dragon Kings (The Twilight Court, #7)
  • Black-Market Magic (The Twilight Court, #8)
  • Etched in Stone (Twilight Court, #9)