Start by marking “Return Fire (Moving Target, #2)” as Want to Read:
Return Fire (Moving Target, #2)

Return Fire

(Moving Target #2)

The thrilling sequel to Moving Target! When a young girl can determine the destiny of the world, the wrong choice could lead to disaster . . .

Cassie Arroyo has found the long-lost Spear of Destiny -- only to have it stolen right out from under her!

In Return Fire, Cassie and Asher must regain the spear. This time, however, it's not enough just to find it: Cassie realizes th
Published September 27th 2016 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Return Fire, please sign up.
Anvi You can’t. Goodreads is actually just book recommendations and ratings and a global chat where you can discuss the book. You CAN find the books in…moreYou can’t. Goodreads is actually just book recommendations and ratings and a global chat where you can discuss the book. You CAN find the books in libraries, book fairs, or in stores. I do know though that this is a sequel to another book called “Moving Target”. Hope this helped.(less)

Chris Cosci
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full disclosure: I'm an adult parent of a nine-year-old who enjoyed the book greatly. He likes it when I read the books he enjoys, so here I am!

Like its predecessor, this book is a fast-paced adventure. It's in the same vein as thrillers like those by Dan Brown -- the heroes are being chased by a secret society as they encounter clues and puzzles in their search for a mysterious artifact. However, as this is a YA book, there is a lot less bloodshed and the puzzles are a little less complex.

If t
Ms Threlkeld
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it
A satisfying sequel, but not as riveting as Moving Target. I wasn't motivated to keep reading until about a third of the way through when the action picked up.
Ms. Yingling
Oct 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Worthy sequel that answers some questions. Almost wish the first book were a stand alone, but think there will be a third book to wrap some things up. Will purchase for fans of first book.
Gözde Yeşilsefa
Barbara
Several loose ends from the previous Moving Target title featuring Cassie Arroyo are tied up in this follow-up title. Cassie is accompanied by her friend Asher, her Guardian, and the two of them must recover the Spear of Destiny. Although Cassie hasn't been trained in its use, she did use it to save her father's life, setting off changes in the world's future. The visions she now has are those of mass destruction and death, and she knows she must set things right. But it's hard to know who she c ...more
Steffi
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

Der zweite Band der "Moving Target" Reihe schließt direkt an den ersten an und man ist sofort mitten im Geschehen. Auf den ersten Seiten habe ich noch ein bisschen gebraucht mich in die Geschichte reinzufinden und mich an die Geschehnisse aus dem ersten Band zu erinnern, aber das hat nicht allzu lange gedauert.

Auch der zweite Teil ist eine gelungene Mischung aus Spannung, Abenteuer und Mythologie. An mancher Stelle kam mir Handlung zwar etwas gestreckt vor, aber insgesamt war das Buch für mic
Anvi
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Zoraida Rivera Morales
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was an adventure that kept me turning pages and wondering about the places and historical figures mentioned. The girl protagonists are strong and resourceful. The Latin protagonist was well presented, yet I would have liked this facet to be more present throughout the whole manuscript.
The end was unexpected and rounded. I enjoyed this book very much.
Olivia Rodriguez
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book as much as I liked the first one. The main characters are just children and they get themselves in so much danger. This book takes you on an adventure through Italy. Make sure to read the first book to the series. It is called "Moving Target."
Mary Karbowski
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrilling Ride Until the End

Excellent book for middle grade students to enjoy. Very quick read as it kept you on the edge of your seat! Lots of twists and turns for those who love adventure stories with some legend and magic thrown in.
Shannon Sansom
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The sequel to Moving Target. Cassie continues to avoid assassins, her best friend's power-hungry mother, all the while trying to find her father and the Spear of Destiny and not knowing who to trust.
She needs to fix the future she inadvertently changed earlier to avert global disaster.
Cyris
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really good for young readers that are ok with a little violence and love suspense.
Beth
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved Moving Target - liked Return Fire. Still worthy of 4 stars (better than average), but it lacked a little of the fire of the first book. Still highly recommending to my middle schoolers!!
Jessica
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I think that 6 graders and up would like it also. I love it because she does not back down and she is very determined.
Bethany
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the conclusion to the Moving Target story. I was not disappointed and look forward to The Red Umbrella now sitting proudly in my stacks of books to be read!
John (Jack)
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's a bit difficult to read. So far there hasn't been much action, just yelling. There was one point of action, but not much else. Slowly losing interest in the book.
Anne Beardsley
It's rare that the second book in a series is as good as the first.

Mrs. Gonzalez has improved since her first book; it's easier to visualize her writing. The emotions are still strong and bright, the action is still clear and believable.

I love the fact that the single person in the world the heroine trusts most (besides her not-on-the-scene father) is the boy who is her guardian -- and although he is a patient, brave, smart, dependable type whom she cares deeply about she isn't buried in a mor
Bridget Neace
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This one didn't grab me as much as the original, but sometimes that's the fate of sequels. Still enjoyed the continuation of Cassie's story and looking forward to sharing this with my students.
Yapha
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, children-s
In this sequel to Moving Target, Cassie is searching for the Spear of Destiny that she bonded with and then had stolen from her. She and Asher are following a series of clues across Italy again, never knowing who they can trust or who might betray them. An excellent continuation of their adventure. I highly recommend reading Moving Target first. For grades 4 & up.
Samantha
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"In the sequel to MOVING TARGET, Cassie Arroyo, an American going to school in Italy, has finally found the Spear of Destiny. Unfortunately, just when she had it, she lost it in a betrayal she never expected. Now, Cassie must find it again and fix the dark destiny she may have set for the world. As Cassie starts to feel the pull of the power she could have, she faces a major choice of trust that will change everything." Full review at Fresh Fiction: http://freshfiction.com/review.php?id...
Meya Shaw
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. It is just as good as the first book. It is heartbreaking that there isn't going to be another sequel. This is most definitely one of my favorite books. I would give it and even higher rating if I could. I most definitely recommend this book to anyone.
Natalie
I didn't read the first book but I had no problem jumping right into the story. I think kids would really like this book. It's fast paced and has lots of surprises. As an adult it was a little young for me.
Feranmi Fakolujo
Jan 12, 2017 marked it as to-read
i will love this book
Tania
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Got at ALA! Got to meet the author, Christina and had it signed. Really excited to read!! I'm going to read Moving Target first. Review to come...
Sara
Excellent second book!! It wrapped up nicely but I'd still love to hang out with these characters again!
Sallyavena
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kind of a DaVinci Code for kids...fast paced mystery with tons of action. You have to read the first to understand this one though.
Afifah
Jan 24, 2017
C Stimming
Oct 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• To Catch a Cheat (The Great Greene Heist, #2)
  • Aces Wild
  • Little Dreamers: Visionary Women Around the World
  • Hide and Seek (Silver Jaguar Society Mysteries #2)
  • Moribito II: Guardian of the Darkness (Moribito, #2)
  • Llamaphones
  • Ling & Ting: Twice as Silly
  • There's Nothing to Do!
  • Talking Leaves
  • Shells, Smells, and the Horrible Flip-Flops of Doom (Justin Case, #2)
  • The Tiger's Apprentice (Tiger's Apprentice, #1)
  • March On!: The Day My Brother Martin Changed the World
  • Ella Fitzgerald: The Tale of a Vocal Virtuosa
  • All the Things I Love About You
  • The Buried Bones Mystery (Ziggy and the Black Dinosaurs, #1)
  • Bayou Magic
  • FukuFuku: Kitten Tales 1
  • The Garden of My Imaan
Christina grew up in a small Southern town in the Florida panhandle, but she's always been in touch with her Cuban heritage. She loves having breakfast with pan cubano and Southern style grits-- the best of both worlds!

She is the author of the award-winning novels, The Red Umbrella, A Thunderous Whisper, and the action-adventure duology, MOVING TARGET and RETURN FIRE (Scholastic).

Moving Target (2 books)
  • Moving Target (Moving Target, #1)