Start by marking “The Letters (Carnage, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
The Letters (Carnage, #3.5)

The Letters

(Carnage #3.5)

It's just a box of letters, right?

Words that were written a long time ago.

From a boy to the girl that he missed. From a man to the woman he loved.

But what if those words carried more impact than anyone realised?

Will they finally give Georgia the closure she needs and lessen the guilt she battles every day?

Or will everything she thought she knew about the boy and man w
Published February 25th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Letters, please sign up.
Lesley Jones Friday the 26th. The U.K. & U.S may get it Thursday as I live in Aus.

The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Surj

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

It's not very often I read a series that affects me as deeply as Lesley Jones' "Carnage" did. Georgia Rae's story is one that has stayed with me from the minute I turned the first page, reading about a girl who (at the tender age of eleven) crossed paths with the boy she would spend her whole life loving as she swung upside down on the monkey bars sh
Angie
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I’ve sat for a while now trying to write my review but I feel like nothing I write will do it justice. Let me start by saying that this series has been one of my all-time favorite series since reading book 1 and this novella has made it even better.

This novella was like catching up with old friends. From page one, I was hooked. I didn’t want to stop reading. I laughed…and I mean, snorted laughed. I cried, man did I cry and I felt so much for these characters. In fact, I’m surprised at some of m
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read the Carnage Series stop what you are doing and read it NOW!

What can I say about this series that has broken my heart again & again, has put it back together again and again and has made me feel more love for characters I feel as if they are my family.

The Letters was absolutely hands down NOT what I thought it would be, what I had in mind can't even compare to the epicness that this series is. For me, this book was Cam's book I know it wasn't, but I felt he had so much t
Romance Readers Retreat
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella in the Carnage series and have to say it was so not what I was expecting from this story. We all know from the previous books that Georgia has the crate of Sean’s belongings including the letters he penned for Georgia and like most Carnage fans I both did and didn’t want to open the wounds by knowing what they contained but I wanted to hear Sean’s voice too.

I expected a full on sobfest but this book was so much more than that, it was cathartic and beautifully written and at
Jan
I love the fuck outta you Kitten, stars

I honestly thought I was in for another tears and snot fest but what I got was a beautiful read that tells of destiny, the past and the present, there's laughter, hot moments and good old cockney charm.

Years into their marriage both Georgia and Cam still very much happily married and after finally facing the courage to go through Macas box Georgia starts to go through the letters she never opened.

Throughout the plot your taken back every now and again as
Bloggers From Down Under
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **

We all know Georgia's story.
We have been there every step of the way.
We have watched Georgia grow from a tiny little 11 year old girl and watch her blossom into a beautiful and strong woman.
We have watched and felt her absolute heart ache.
We felt every moment of grief, anger, hurt and pain that she went through.
We watched her overcome so many obstacles.
We witnessed her fall in love all over gain.
We watched as Georgia became whole again.

N
Sarah Hooks & Books
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't think there's ever been a series that has consumed me body, mind and soul like the Carnage series has. The love, the passion, the heartbreak...is of epic proportions & I feel it deep in my heart whenever I read Lesley's words. This beautiful novella was NO different. For Carnage fans this is a MUST read! Beautifully told - lots of tears - and amazingly epic.

This line from Lesley's acknowledgements really got me:
"These characters have consumed my life for two and a half years and now
Beauté De Livres  (Vivian Freeman)
When Lesley Jones announced that she was writing The Letters: A Carnage Novella I was thrilled. Any excuse to reunite with Sean, Georgia, Cameron, the Layton’s and the King’s and I AM ALL. OVER. THAT. What I expected was a chance to get a further look at Georgia and Sean’s missing years. I wanted pages upon pages filled with hurt, anger and extreme declarations of love. A sense of closure regarding the ‘missing years’. But that wasn’t what I got and knowing that many readers may not agree, I was ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
5+ Revealing Stars!

For fans of the Carnage series, this is a must! This novella fills in the missing parts of the Carnage story and brings us right up to date.
As always with all Lesley Jones’s stories it is enthralling from the start, sucks you in and keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout. Her writing style is unique and as always, captivating.
It's just a box of letters, right? – so, the blurb says, but they embellish the story that we already know; open our eyes to feelings and thoughts
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well what can I say... Sean will always have my heart.

This book is a MUST!!! for Carnage fans, I love Lesley's Writing she always has me right from the start and I can't put the book down Till i have finished.

You will Laugh, Cry, and just want more, This book wasn't what I expected it was more, it made me cry again! But I think just hearing Sean's name does that to me.

I feel like my heart is whole now Georgia can finally move on from Sean yes he will always be the love of her life and even thoug
Terri
Shelves: favorites
Beautiful ! Opening up the crate and reading the letters brought us back. It makes you laugh, swoon all over again and will bring a tear or two. With that there are also secrets revealed. Loved getting more of one of my favorite couples and their life together. Looking forward to MORE stories from this great bunch.
Gina *loves sunshine*
This was a follow up novella in the Carnage series(the 4th book in the series) - to be read after you finish Marley. I loved the letters ~ it was so sweet and so sad to read all the little parts of their past and present. Definitely a great little addition to the series!
Serena
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 You’re My Whole World Stars!!!

OH MY GOD. This novella was NOT what I was expecting. At all. It was SO MUCH MORE! Ahhh!!! I’m so, so in LOVE with this story!!! Lesley Jones NAILED. IT.

From chapter one to the epilogue I was RIVETED. My heart pounded. It squeezed. It shattered. It blew the fuck up! And then it healed. I felt every emotion possible. Happiness. Sadness. Angst. Anger. Love. Lots and LOTS of LOVE. And man did I laugh my ass off! Repeatedly! GOD I love these characters! Every single o
Linda Field
Letters by Lesley Jones

Wow just WOW.

Letters is about letters Sean wrote for Gia. This story is told by Cam (Tiger) and Georgia (Kitten) pov.

Lesley writing this book gives you a look at Cam and Georgia's life today. It lets you see a snippet of how Cam felt and what Sean really thought. There is one letter that will bring the whole carnage series to an end, well it did for me it also broke me down and made me cry.

I wasn't sure what this book would be like I half heartedly started it thinking i
Talon
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Jo Conway
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Will I ever be able to get through a book in the Carnage series without blubbering?!?!

I absolutely loved The Letters, it compliments the series perfectly & boy does it throw a few twists in that make you question the conclusions you've come to at the end of the previous 3 books!!!

Lesley Jones you know how to grab a girls heart & pull it in every direction!!!
Alicia Huxtable
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lesley Jones has done it again. The Letters is a heart wrenching as the other 3 Carnage novels. Reading a bit more about what happened in those years Maca and Gia were apart through his letters to her had me reaching for the tissues on several occasions.
Wysteria Wilde
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am a Carnage addict and keep coming back for more, even though I know I'm going to cry EVERY SINGLE TIME, because Lesley Jones is such a great writer that I feel like I KNOW these people. It was a great wrap-up to the series...but I still want MORE!
KFForever

Reviewed by Donna Elsegood

When I found out that the 'The Letters' was to be released, I'm sure like all Carnage fans, you were as thrilled as me to read this highly anticipated novella. This is about what Sean McCarthy wrote to Georgia during the separation and them rekindling their lifelong romance. Written from a dual point of view was an added plus for me.

Carnage followers will be fully aware that Georgia had carried around a crate full of letters and effects
Tila
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so happy that I could read this cause I really love this series and it makes me sad that is ending.
I just love Cam, the way he accepts and loves her unconditionally and puts on with all her shitz.
Wooow I loved this one as much as the other one's , the end it really surprised me cause I reeeeallyyy thought it was Sean's child and not Rocco's boy.
Tricia
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Do not read if you haven't read Carnage! SPOILERS!! What are you waiting for? Read it now!! :)

My Review (ARC provided)
5 stars!

Damn, Lesley Jones took me by surprise with this book. I expected to bawl through the entire thing, and although there were many times I teared up it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. Of course I needed chocolate and wine but that goes without saying when you read her novels. ;)

So I've always been team Sean, I thought Georgia and him
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Lesley Jones you are extraordinary and so is this novella!!!!

DO NOT READ THIS NOVELLA UNLESS YOU HAVE READ CARNAGE, CARNAGE 2 AND MARLEY!!!

Reading "The Letters" was like meeting up with family members after not seeing them for a while.
It was like welcoming old friends back into my house.
Once again I welcomed Georgia, Cam, their children and Georgia's family back into my life.

I laughed, cried, sniffed, snorted, giggled and dropped my mouth in shock with what Lesley Jones has written about in this
Jen Lynn
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've learned to expect a few things from
Lesley Jones' books... First, I always find myself immediately immersed in her characters world - I feel like the quiet friend in the corner soaking it all up. Second, I will FEEL all the emotions.. Laugh so hard I snort laugh and feel pain and loss so intensely tears will stream down my cheeks. Third, she will get me at least once and usually two or three times with twists that can only be described as WTF moments, but at the same time these moments make
Kris Clark
Feb 19, 2016 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of The Letters in exchange for an honest review....and that's what this is. My honest review. So please don't hate me! Let me preface this by saying that I absolutely adore Lesley Jones and every book she has written. The Carnage books gutted me and put me back together. Marley was such a breath of fresh air that gave some insight into a very rough period. That's what I thought The Letters would also be about. I was expecting to read about the letters that were written during t ...more
Lianne
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfect!! Amazing!! I'm in love with this!

If you have read Carnage1,2 and Marley then this is the book for you!
The letters is everything I hoped it would be and more, it takes you back in time and gives you the present day,it gives you all the characters you love, kitten, tiger, Ash, Jimmie and of course Sean too. It's a heartfelt emotional rollercoaster through a box of letters. It will make you laugh with the witty one liners

"His King dick ruined my Mildred"

But it's the love that this fami
Sharon Mariampillai
This was a fantastic read. This is a beautifully written novella that tells of the past and the present. There were moments of laughter, and also some hot moments as well. I loved the letters and the fact that we got to see what was inside Sean's head. I did love Cam as well. He is a man who fiercely loves Georgia. I was sad to see the Georgia's reaction to letters, but it was a beautiful way to move on from Sean. I loved Cam and Georgia's children. I really liked how they also told the story as ...more
Lisa Davis
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the Laytons and their families. This book has so many good feels. Maca's letters touch your soul and the love is tangible. Cam's unconditional love for Gia is still healing her after all of the years. You have to read Carnage before you read this one though. Thank you Lesley, it was beautiful.
Michelle
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5+ Stars from me

The Letters: Wow Lesley Jones is an amazing writer her words flow and grab hold of your soul, my emotions have been put through the mill yet again.

This Novella was a perfect ending to a truly outstanding series, the past hurts, guilt and torture they have all gone through is finally put to rest but of course a shock if also in store.
Diana
3 - 3.5 Stars

Review to come soon.
WOW I loved this.. Perfect ending for Cam and Georgia
  • Isadora (Masters Among Monsters, #2)
  • The Soldiers of Wrath MC: Box Set (The Soldiers of Wrath MC, #1-3)
  • Tailley (The MC Series, #6)
  • Incendiary (Phoenix Rising Rock Band, #2)
  • Revelry
  • The Confessions (The Original Sinners, #8.2)
  • Destructive Choices (Destructive, #2)
  • Deeper Than Dreams (Love & Steel, #1.5)
  • Misery's Way: A Kit Colbana World Story
  • Unlike Any Other (Unexpected, #1)
  • Ghost (Evil Dead MC, #5)
  • An Underestimated Christmas (Underestimated, #3)
  • Before the Storm (Storms of Life, #2)
  • Can't Have You
  • The Legend (Racing on the Edge, #5)
  • Dream & Dare (The Night Horde SoCal, #3.5)
  • Cat o' Nine Tales (Jane Yellowrock)
  • Invisible Love Letter (Love Letter, #1)
I am a born and raised Essex girl now living on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, just outside of Melbourne Australia, I moved here with my husband and three sons in 2006.
Not only do I love to write but I also love to read and can devour a book overnight if the story grabs me.
I love watching my sons play football and am very partial to a glass of wine, a nicely chilled Marlborough Sav Blanc bein

Carnage (4 books)
  • The Story of Us (Carnage, #1)
  • The Story of Me (Carnage, #2)
  • Marley (Carnage, #3)