Start by marking “The Sorceress and the Skull” as Want to Read:
The Sorceress and the Skull

The Sorceress and the Skull

A Gothic novella from award-winning Donald Michael Platt. Michele, a direct descendant of Nostradamus, is born in 1932. She'll have all his gifts of precognition and even greater powers, but they will not fully manifest until she enters puberty. More than one secret society has been obsessed with finding Michele, to control her and learn where Nostradamus’s unpublished pro ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 1st Edition, 254 pages
Published February 5th 2016 by Penmore Press

To ask other readers questions about The Sorceress and the Skull, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sorceress and the Skull

Start your review of The Sorceress and the Skull
Seregil of Rhiminee
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Risingshadow.

Because I enjoyed reading Donald Michael Platt's A Gathering of Vultures, which gradually grew into fascinatingly Lovecraftian heights of weirdness, I was very intrigued by The Sorceress and the Skull. This dark novella turned out to be a surprise of the most pleasant kind, for it was a refreshingly different kind of a story with an emphasis on entertainment. I enjoyed reading it, because it felt fresh and was totally different from A Gathering of Vultures.
Sarah Zama
Jul 19, 2016 rated it liked it
I could have loved this book a lot. Prophecies coming down from the Middle Ages. A girl who’s Nostradamus’s descendent. A damaged WWI veteran. Occult practices and secret societies. Secrets coming from the Orient and gargoyle statues becoming friends with mysterious cats. There is indeed a lot to love.
And still it didn’t click for me. I wonder whether this was because Michelle, the central character, was quite unsympathetic. Even being very young, she’s always in control. She cares for no one.
Diana
Thesunkissedsed
Apr 19, 2018
Adam Walser
Jul 07, 2018
Born and raised inside San Francisco, I graduated from Lowell High School and received my B.A. in History from the University of California at Berkeley. After two years in the Army, I went to graduate school at San Jose State where one of my short stories was published in the college’s literary magazine, THE REED, and I won a bathch of awards in the annual SENATOR PHELAN LITERARY CONTEST.

After te