Start by marking “5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit” as Want to Read:

5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit

Have you ever gotten to the place where you just couldn’t take it anymore?

Dreams. Programs. Jobs. Relationships. There are so many different areas where we feel like calling it quits.

It’s time for an honest conversation on how not to give in to the temptation to give up.

Nicki Koziarz is a woman who has thrown in the towel a time or two. In fact, she’s quit just about
Published February 4th 2016 by B&H Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit

Start your review of 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit
Carla
Apr 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately, this book did not 'do it' for me. Many of the examples the author used were not relatable to my life. I thoroughly enjoyed the parts that described Ruth and Naomi. The author was really in her element on those sections, and I would have been much more satisfied as a reader had the book been written more like that. SO - while there were a few nuggets of wisdom found throughout the book, it was mixed amongst her writing style of what I might call 'silly talk', using trendy anecdotes ...more
Olivia | Liv's Library
Whether you're a Christian or not, this book was wonderful!

“We can’t live our lives dependent on the praise of someone else, but we can live our lives daily praising others.”

“There is something to be said about a woman who follows through with her commitments, despite how she feels. There’s strength, honor, and God’s glory on the other side of remaining steadfast.”
Sarah Parsons
This was a decent, easy read. There were some good nuggets, but overall not one that will make my top recommended list.
Kristy Aiken
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't have many words. Blew me away! Wow! Wow! Wow!
Sarah Koontz
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so glad I got my hands on this book. Nicki's painfully honest storytelling made me immediately feel at ease with her, like she is my slightly quirky, always has a pot of hot coffee on, next-door neighbor. And since I live on my own little "fixer-upper farm," I could completely relate to so many of her stories about gardening, faith, and family.

I always enjoy reading books by authors who don't claim to know it all, but are wiling to share the tough life lessons that have brought them one step
Lindsay
Enjoyable, quick read. I appreciate her thoughts in comparison and realize how that can get in the way of accomplishing big things that God has planned for us.

Otherwise, I don’t think I learned a whole lot of new material. To be honest, I almost quit the book, but I am glad I finished it. She finished strong!
Joan
Mar 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Koziarz was a quitter. She would promise more than she could deliver. She shares here many of her experiences as she gleaned lessons from the biblical book of Ruth and learned to stop quitting.

I did not find anything phenomenally new in this book. But there were some insights from Koziarz that I really appreciate. She suggests that adversity allows us to know ourselves in a new way. It is also an opportunity to allow God to show Himself in a new way. That is something I'll think about the next t
May 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just not my cup of tea. I didn’t see the real connection between the chapters and Ruth. Not a great deal of study on the story of Ruth at all.
Michele
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were a lot of spiritual truths packed into a relatively short book. I loved how the author used the story of Ruth to show a Biblical example of not quitting. Although I couldn't relate to every one of her personal stories, I could relate to quitting or wanting to quit different things in my life. I enjoyed listening to this book, but think it would have been better in hard copy version so I could see the 5 habits in writing as well as the Bible verses for not quitting.
Kelly Hodgkins
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read “5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn’t Quit” three times over and thoroughly enjoyed it every time. It is Nicki Koziarz’s first book but you wouldn’t know it! She is beautifully honest, steeped in Biblical wisdom and wonderfully practical.

At it’s centre is the Book of Ruth. Nicki uses it to illustrate 5 habits to live out:

Habit One: She accepts the assignment of refinement. 
Habit Two: She follows through with her commitments despite how she feels. 
Habit Three: She stays open to the move
Brandi Davis
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[4.5] I really enjoyed reading this book. While some of her personal stories were a bit distracting, I loved the greater message and the juxtaposing of Ruth's story as the benchmark from where she gathered the habits. I also really enjoyed being challenged at the end of every chapter and throughout the book with questions that made me take a closer look at my own life and judge where I stood in implementing these habits into my regimen. As a woman that has a habit of quitting when things get tou ...more
Christa Cordova
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this book! The author offers wisdom, wit and an open, tender heart with her readers. This book is PERFECT for all of us who feel worn out by trying to keep up with our dreams of the future, hurts from the past and expectations from those around us. I highly recommend it to any woman who wants to fully show up in her life, lean into her passions and keep moving forward into a wonderful future.
Janet
Apr 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. I love the stories Nicki shared as she teaches us how not to give up.

Nicki is real and she shares her real life struggles as she works through her relationship with family, friends and most importantly God.

Some good take aways here.
Tori Cole
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a great motivation. I loved how the story of Ruth gave a biblical example throughout the book of a women who doesn't quit. A good read for college age women who are trying to finish school and all other responsibilities that come along with that.
Lissette Smead
Read this book with friends thinking it would be a Bible study on Ruth. The author’s interpretation of Ruth at times felt like a stretch to me. I read this book for the nuggets it contained but sorry I did not enjoy it.
Patricia
I do not like the writing style, but the principles are not only sound, they are biblical.
Michelle Kidwell

by Nicki Koziarz
B&H Publishing Group (B&H Books, Holman Bibles, B&H Español, and B&H Kids)

B&H Books
Christian
Pub Date 01 Mar 2016

I am reviewing a copy of 5 Habits Of A Woman Who Doesn't Quit through B&H Books and Netgalley:

In this book we are reminded that taking our agenda to God and asking him to bless it, is dangerous. The author points out too that sometimes discouragement is brought on by our own disobedience.

This book points out that a committed woman lea
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to make a confession from the start. I nearly quit reading this book several times. Don't leave the review now. I didn't hate or even dislike the book. I think that it was the fact that it hit me where I am. I mean that with my whole heart.

I liked how Nicki related the truths from her own life and those of Ruth from the Bible. You may be thinking that you have heard the story of Ruth told in about every way possible, and that nothing new can come of it. I thought that too at first, I just
Victoria Duffoo
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chanel
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great source of spiritual encouragement to push through uncomfortable feelings to finish the commitments and goals you have set for yourself in your life. I love that Nicki Koziarz was honest about her failings and her past was able to become a testimony in the form of this book. The biblical story of Ruth is scriptural backbone of this book and it's inspiring to reread her story with the insight Nicki gives of a woman who doesn't quit. I am sure to return to this book again when I need to be ...more
Erin Wood
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author is very open, genuine, and has a great sense of humor about her life and when things get hard that she tends to withdraw or quit (Quitzilla). Five habits: she accepts the assignment of refinement, she follows through with her commitments despite how she feels, she stays open to the movement of God, she gives others what she needs, and she moves forward in faith. This was a realistic eye opener to many challenges we facts as Christians. This book motivates us not to quit and references ...more
Cara McGee
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I enjoyed this book. I did have to put it down a couple of times because I found my mind wandering. Nicki definitely has some good nuggets of wisdom tucked in her book, but it’s not one that I would jump to recommend to people about overcoming quitting in our lives.

There were two nuggets that I will carry with me, and share here as well. “Comparison will always compromise our calling. And compromise leads to quitting.” Yes! The second is actually one of the five habits Nicki shares whi
Ariana Ownbey
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so this book made me uncomfortable but it was so good! I read the first chapter and I thought to myself, “wow Nicki is calling me out. I don’t know if I want to read this anymore.” But I didn’t quit, I pushed through, I took notes, I answered the questions, and I realized that I needed this book! It came into my life at the exact time I needed it! The way she explains her thoughts with the verses is wonder! I love the way she tells the story of Ruth and Naomi and it makes the story come to ...more
Sarah Oksiuta
I think this is a good book to help you stick through things you want to quit by leaning heavily on God and remembering to ASK for His help. Reading this book made me realize I don't really have a quitting problem. Perhaps I am not taking on the right challenges if I'm never considering quitting them, I don't know! Maybe I'm not sympathetic enough to people who DO tend to quit things more easily. This book gave me some insight as to how quitting looms over some people and makes their commitments ...more
Angela Collingsworth
SOOOO good! I'm a total quitter! I felt like I was in good company when Nicki quickly admitted she has always been a quitter too! She guided me through biblical reasoning why quitting is not always to answer. I practice her guide to "not quitting" every time I feel like giving up on something, again! Sometime, she explains, we need to quit but so much more often we need to see things through!
Thank you for this awesome encouragement Nicki! This was a message I didn't even realize I needed and de
Jackie Linkous
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We often think we need to read books by "experts" at being good at what we want to be good at. In this instance, the best thing is to read about someone who is going about the same journey - it feels real, not preachy, and honest. Brutally honest. Leading the life with faith, not quitting when things are hard or seem impossible or are just not fun, growing in the faith that God wants more for us than our current circumstances BUT it takes our effort to keep moving forward and our faith in His go ...more
Tiffany
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book as part of a women's bible study group. We would read the chapter together and discuss the main points and answer the questions at the end of each chapter. I thought it was set up very nicely to be used in that way. Overall it was a great way to take a deeper look from a different perspective at the book of Ruth. Very enjoyable and has helped me identify where I have some areas to improve.
Gina Fox
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book!!! It brought me back to a stronger line of thinking about my life. She gives you practical application from the book of Ruth to show us why we shouldn't quit. Nicki is so relatable! I felt as though I was sitting on the Fixer-Upper farm (have to read to understand) having coffee and hanging out. Recommend it to every woman. I have bought numerous copies for my friends!!!
Heather
While I appreciate the truths contained in its pages, 5 Habits just seemed surface level. The main scriptural focus is the OT book of Ruth and how Ruth persevered when she faced discouragement. Some of the references were proof-texty and shallow (cover = c + over = to "see over") but the sentiment is there. I wish there was a little more scriptural meat on these bones. 3 of 5 for a basic book lacking deeper substance and finesse.
Morgan
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This book was not what I expected. Unbeknownst to me when I selected the book, Koziarz wrote it specifically for women who see themselves as quitters, which does not apply to me. (Guess I missed that part of the book's description?) Nonetheless, I found her humility refreshing, enjoyed the flow of her writing, and picked up some good pointers (e.g., don't stack mistakes).
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely
  • Keep It Shut: What to Say, How to Say It, and When to Say Nothing at All
  • The Best Yes: Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands
  • It's Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered
  • Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl
  • Reshaping It All: Motivation for Physical and Spiritual Fitness
  • Wait and See: Finding Peace in God's Pauses and Plans
  • Preach to Yourself: When Your Inner Critic Comes Calling, Talk Back with Truth
  • Seamless: Understanding the Bible as One Complete Story
  • Dangerous Prayers: Because Following Jesus Was Never Meant to Be Safe
  • Let's All Be Brave: Living Life with Everything You Have
  • Looking for Lovely: Collecting the Moments that Matter
  • The SuperMom Myth: Conquering the Dirty Villains of Motherhood
Nicki Koziarz is a wife and mom to three girls plus a handful of barnyard babies. She is an inspirational author, Bible teacher, and speaker with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Nicki leads from her own brokenness that somehow God is making meaningful.