Start by marking “Een Frozen hart” as Want to Read:
Een Frozen hart

Een Frozen hart

Anna heeft het grootste deel van haar jeugd afgezonderd van de wereld in stilte doorgebracht. Haar ouders zijn omgekomen bij een ongeluk en haar zus Elsa - de enige persoon die haar een greintje liefde had kunnen - tonen is koud en afstandelijk. Wanneer de knappe prins Hans naar de stad komt voor de kroning van Elsa valt Anna meteen als een blok voor hem. Maar Hans heeft ...more
Published February 2016 by Unieboek Het Spectrum (first published October 13th 2015)

Start your review of Een Frozen hart
Banny Kirsten Marie Reviews
I was thirteen whenever this movie hit theaters and i watched it four times in a row per day… Everyday i would always hear Anna singing "Do you want to build a snowman?" or "Love is an open door!" reading this book brought back childhood memories but i was not like i expected and it was everything like the movie with maybe a few simple changes here and there.

This book was a particularly slow read for me and i am not sure why because i read pretty quick if i set my mind to it but i think Hans
Shirley Cuypers
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, books-i-own
Original review
Dutch review

Told from the perspective of Anna and Hans, A Frozen Heart goes about Anna and her sister Elsa. Elsa has special powers, namely she can create ice/snow. Anna didn't know about this until the coronation of Elsa. Anna meets Hans at the coronation of Elsa and she wanted to say yes immediately when he asked to marry her. Anna wanted to ask Elsa's permission and that went bad. Elsa creates an eternal winter in Arendelle and runs away. Can Anna convince her sister to
Jillian -always aspiring-
I need this book like air itself. NEED.
Kel Wagner
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I want to say one thing first:

I LOVE FROZEN.

Alright, let us continue.

The writing was brilliantly done. The characters that it centered around were accurately depicted. Sadly, it's basically of a novelization of the movie.

The book was just, in a single word, disappointing.

Now, I DO understand what this novel was supposed to be about; the hero and the villain. That's Anna and Hans. Their motives, their backstories, their thoughts. I get it.

I love Anna, I really do, but I found her entire side to
Matthew
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Please please please an Elsa and Kristoff one
Jessica Saylor
Dec 31, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to like this book because I loved Frozen. But it isn't a retelling, or a story that goes into a lot more detail like I was hoping, although you do get a little more information about Hans in the beginning. It's really just a book version of the movie even down to most of the same dialogue. As a mom who has seen the movie more times than I can count, it made this a read that kind of wasted my time. For a little girl obsessed with the movie though, this might be just the thing!
Amy
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely the best book I've read so far in 2016! Disney stole my heart. ...more
Abigail
I cannot express how much I love the Frozen franchise and this book brought that home for me
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
{3.5 stars.}
And I thought the beginning of the Movie hurt my heart.
Ha.
This book starts off with Anna,5, and The Accident. Anna walks up after with all of Elsa's stuff missing from their room, not understanding what's going on, the poor girl.
A few chapters in, it goes to Ten Years Later and introduces Hans,17. It ends that section with Anna getting the news that her parents are gone, then three years later and the main start of the movie starts in this book.
So, this book kinda hurt my heart
Jillyn
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh dear. This definitely wasn't what I anticipated. I was so excited when I saw that this book was coming out. I adore Disney films, and though I don't think Frozen deserved quite all the hype that it got, I still enjoyed it well enough. I was eager to read Frozen Heart because I thought maybe it would explore the world of Anna and Elsa with a bit more depth and complexity... But that wasn't the case.

This book follows the movie almost to a tee. There is one character who gets a bit more insight
Olivia
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have a confession to make. I've only seen "Frozen" once while I was on a plane jet-lagged. From what I remember of the movie I liked it. I figured that since I haven't seen the movie I should read the novelization and then re-watch it.

Writing a novel based off of a movie is a difficult task. You have to closely adhere to the movie script yet make the story your own and not quote the movie line by line. Rudnick did manage to accomplish this I'll give her that.

The writing for the most part was
Amy
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This was like reading the movie! It wasn't exactly line for line (which made it feel like it's own story instead of just a kind of retelling) and it was really interesting to see the protagonist and antagonists' point of view.

We all know the story of Frozen (if not, I highly recommend going and just buying it because you will watch it a few dozen times). In the story, we see the "love story" of Anna and Hans, told in alternating point of view chapters. I really enjoyed seeing things from Hans'
Alex
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alright, so this book was really good, but it was merely a retelling of Frozen with more Hans and less singing.

It finally gave an insight (and confirmed some headcanons) on Hans' background and motive, but there was no point of view for Kristoff or Elsa.

And mostly, the Anna chapters were the plot line of the movie. We knew most of it.

It was still a really good book, and I mean, Hans, so...
Shirin
Feb 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 to 4 stars, I'm not entirely sure at the moment. I liked it but it didn't really "Wow!" me or anything. I reckon having watched the movie does take away from the experience, but it was still an entertaining book.

---

A Frozen Heart is the tale of Anna and Hans and their relationship. Anna's miserable relationship with her sister, Elsa, is worsened when Hans comes into the picture. Hans and Anna want to marry, but Elsa doesn't approve, and from there on problems drop like snow falls on Russia. A
Suzii
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
(I should note that I received this as an ARC from my local bookstore.) If you want to read the novelization of Disney's Frozen then this is the book for you! Honestly I was a little disappointed with this ARC as I thought is was another in the series that Disney was putting out where the villains win. Other than that it was okay, I've mostly gotten past my Frozen mania. I would have enjoyed it more if it had either been released soon after the movie, or hadn't followed it almost down to a T. It ...more
Magical Reading Nook of Ahtohallan
I'm not going to lie. I very much enjoyed this expansion on the lore of frozen. I've been a fan since the movie came out, and Elsa has always been one of my favorites. Mostly because get ice powers are a metaphor for anxiety. This story is told in alternating POV of Anna and Hans. It makes Anna more relatable and understandable as to her being naive. And Hans.... we get a crash course on why he's so.... cold. His upbringing. Not just him, his entire family is pretty much garbage. And when I say ...more
Natalie
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well... basically it was like reading the movie but with some insight into Hans. I still hate him. I would rather it be in Elsa's POV. This is a cute book for a kid, but not me. I'll give it to my niece.
Jerry
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun and surprisingly well-written novelization of the recent Disney blockbuster.
India
Nov 22, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I actually couldn't finish this book. I just didn't find it well written.
Kristen Burns
3 Stars

Full Review:
I wasn't sure how to rate this and eventually settled on 3 stars because there's absolutely nothing wrong with the writing---It's clear and easy to read (middle grade-ish since, well, it's Frozen in book form, but not immature)---and the plot and characters are the same as they are in the movie, so, while I may not love everything about that, that's more a gripe with the movie than this book.

My issue was that this didn't feel genuine. I know there's a lot of Hans hate, but I
Ivy
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: don-t-bother
Very light retelling of Disney's Frozen from Hans and Anna's perspective. Interestingly enough I found Hans' perspective noteworthy because, although we all know he is evil, it shed light into his own frozen heart and explains the motives that led to his dark plans. Elsa and Kristoff are basically relegated to supporting characters and because of this, the book itself becomes a little uninteresting once Anna begins her adventures with Kristoff.

The whole Hans angle doesn't really work because
Fernanda Fadel
I was expecting a re-interpretation ("twisted-tale") of the story as other disney books that have come out recently. But this one is a novelization of the movie basically (even though it doesn't say anywhere int he book), with emphasis on the point of view of Anna and Hans. And maybe with a tiny bit more background story than the film.
The author overuses the cliches from Frozen (such as "let it go" and "opened/closed door") and it gets annoying. Some parts were also too cheesy.
But then, after I
Patty Presley
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rereadable
It's a very cute book that is based on Frozen. All events in Frozen are included, however this book is told in 2 points of view. Those are those of Anna and Hans. The chapters skip. One Anna, one Hans, etc through the book.
It is nice to learn more about Hans's background and the Southern Isles and I loved getting inside Anna's mind too. The movie, I think, is in Elsa's pov. or a limited version of Anna's.
You see some new stuff from Kristoff too and that's interesting.

Would I reread? Yes
Would I
Hannah
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so this book was amazing! I loved getting hear the story from different perspectives, and when I first started reading it I had pretty low expectations, but in the end, Disney is Disney. And I love Disney! (Wow so many 'disneys') Some of the books I've been reading recently, I felt like I was reading them just to be able to say I've read them, and I wasn't truly enjoying them and soaking up the story. I decided to read a book I had been interested in reading for awhile and I'm so glad I ...more
Keida Avdo
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book was truly awesome, even for someone my age. I read this book to my niece who is a fan of Frozen and she loved it! The book really points out the details that you can't even notice in the movie. Of course the book and the movie aren't exactly the same, but they do have Hans', a character in both the book and movie, perspective. Overall, I loved the book and would read it again to myself if I had the choice.
Kristen
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay. This book was cute. I like Frozen, but part of the time I felt like I was just watching the movie. I was hoping for a little more background on other characters. I loved learning Hans background, but we pretty much already knew a lot of what was covered on Anna. I want to know more about Kristoff too. Still, if you love Frozen, you will love this book! ...more
Truebluedah ♪
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book certainly brings out the darker elements in every character.
When reading, I remember thinking.. “I didn’t know this character had such a dark mood about them.”

I actually found that quite enjoyable, it took a spin on the characters we all know and love without making it seem like a fanfic.
Jenan
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
A novelization of Disney movie Frozen. I LOVED it, as much as I loved the movie. I liked the additional scenes which added a nice touch to the story. The language/writing style used in this novel is simple and understandable. I recommend it for all Frozen fans.
Cassie Autumn
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its really good but its really sad and I cried a lot. If you wanna know what happened in Frozen from the viewpoints of Anna and/or Hans its good, if not then don't bother reading it.
Bethany
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Based on the Disney movie Frozen. A great movie adaptation! I especially enjoyed the extra details of Prince Hans' life before he met both Anna and Elsa.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Frozen 2: Forest of Shadows
  • All Hail the Queen (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #1)
  • Conceal, Don't Feel (Twisted Tales #7)
  • Aladdin: Far from Agrabah
  • Memory and Magic (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #2)
  • Frozen: Phantoms of Arendelle
  • Frozen: The Junior Novelization
  • The Beast Within: A Tale of Beauty's Prince (Villains, #2)
  • Part of Your World (Twisted Tales #5)
  • Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen
  • Have Courage, Be Kind: The Tale of Cinderella
  • Disney Anna & Elsa - A Warm Welcome: Sisterhood is the Strongest Magic (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #3)
  • Mother Knows Best: A Tale of the Old Witch
  • Once Upon a Dream (Twisted Tales #2)
  • The Secret Admirer (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #7)
  • Frozen Olaf's Night Before Christmas Book & CD
  • Mirror, Mirror (Twisted Tales #6)
  • Poor Unfortunate Soul: A Tale of the Sea Witch
his is the part I'm always the worst at—talking about myself! So as you've figured out, my name is Elizabeth Rudnick and I'm a young adult author. I'm also a Senior Editor at Disney Press in New York City. I've edited books based on movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and Prince of Persia as well as Miley Cyrus's memoir, Miles to Go, which was a New York Times bestseller (imagine if Tweet Heart ...more
“What was wrong with her? Why did things like this keep happening to her? Love wasn't supposed to hurt, yet it felt like all she knew when it came to love was pain. Every time she opened her heart, she just got burned. Or, in this case, frozen. And she was getting sick and tired of it.” 7 likes
“Olaf was a genius. This, she realized, watching the snowman struggle, was love. Olaf had been willing to put himself in danger because he didn't want to see her get hurt. Love wasn't the canned romantic declarations. That was nothing but fluff. That was what Hans had thrown at her and what she had mistaken for love. Pure, true love was what Olaf was showing her right now - sacrifice.” 6 likes