Start by marking “Knight Kyle and the Magic Silver Lance (Adventures Beyond Dragon Mountain)” as Want to Read:
Knight Kyle and the Magic Silver Lance (Adventures Beyond Dragon Mountain)

Knight Kyle and the Magic Silver Lance (Adventures Beyond Dragon Mountain)

Welcome to Knight Kyle’s world!

Beyond the great forest and towering Dragon Mountain lies Fairyland, a land of elves and trolls, dragons and giants, magicians and fairies. And in one corner, Fairyland East, lives Knight Kyle.

Kyle’s great-grandfather once possessed a silver lance that, according to legend, gave its owner invincible power. The lance is now missing, and Kyle i
Audio CD
Published December 1st 2016 by Brilliance Audio

To ask other readers questions about Knight Kyle and the Magic Silver Lance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knight Kyle and the Magic Silver Lance

Steve Holden
I put this on my Kindle as part of the monthly subscription for Prime subscribers. I thought it different to have a young chapter book adventure, and have been plodding along through it off and on. I love the beginning of this and the presentation on the Kindle. The illustrations are lively and humorous. The introduction to each of the characters was very funny!

There are numerous stories - separate - that tie in with this land and cast of characters. All teach lessons, but really don't move the
Michelle
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
The boys and I listened to this on audio and it was quite engaging. They laughed quite a bit and the stories were interesting enough to hold my attention.
Aimee
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Knight Kyle and the Magic Silver Lance is a decent story. I liked the pictures in the book too. However, I think the formatting or editing could have been a little better though because there were some words in each section that were spaced too far out and a few too far in. Also, there is two of a same paragraph at the end of one section in the story. Either some or all of this may have to do with the formatting of the book. The kindle version of it only lets you read it in a vertical format and ...more
Susan
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Knight Kyle lives in a castle. He is a fun loving knight and has several friends that help him when he needs it. The father of Knight Kyle had a magic silver lance which has been lost. Whoever has this lance will be invincible. Knight Kyle is still looking for it. Will he find it?

The author's stories start with a short description and illustration of each character in the book. As you read the book, you will see more illustrations. This book is enjoyable and perfect for children. I found it fun
Stacey
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gabriel
My son and I read this together, and he really liked it. For that reason alone I'm giving this 4 stars. For me it was more of a 3-star story. It was a good children's story, original storylines, interesting characters, but a children's story none the less. It was a little tough to read because of a lot of run-on sentences , but my son liked it enough to look forward to reading a chapter every night. ...more
Brent Harsh
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this through the kindle first program, like many others. I thought the illustration level was excellent for a book on the Kindle... One of the first I've gotten on that platform with any embellishment at all. Nice. My 9 year old read it in about an hour, and gave it the five star rating. I haven't yet read it myself. I suspect it might be for younger readers, but she did really enjoy it.
Erika RS
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I received access to this book through the Kindle First program, which gives Amazon Prime users a chance to look at one soon to be released book free each month (and other Kindle users for a low price).

This was a fun children's chapter book. It wasn't particularly deep, but it had some fun stories and bright, cheerful art.
Kelly
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ggs, childrens
I won a copy of this book through Goodreads Giveaways. This book contains a bunch of short children's stories that are fun and cute for any age. This would be a great book to read with your kids... one or two stories a night. Each story teaches a lesson - describing the bad behavior and the consequences for that behavior. Fun and interesting characters characters throughout.
angela alberrta bostick-dixon
I loved it. I will be reading it to my grandson on Thanksgiving Day 2016. He is five years old

The story makes a mind ponder on how great the imagination can be. The illustrations are fabulous. Thanks for the great read.
Paul Norris
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grandson loved this book

We took turns reading this. I read some to him, he read some aloud to me and read some silently. He enjoyed it very much. I was pleased with the vocabulary words used.
Camille Sylvester
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute collection of bedtime stories that operate independently of one another but are connected by the same characters and chronological timeline. My 5-year-old son and I have loved reading them!
Heather
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Knight Kyle and the Magic Silver Lance is a bunch of loosely related stories of things happening in Fairyland East. The stories are cute and some of them are really fun. I highly recommend it as a family read-aloud.
Jan
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story

Creative storytelling. Many facets to the characters with childlike qualities. It is a compilation of cute stories about an imaginative land and would be enjoyed by 7-10 year olds.
Minkpro
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book help me learning English and make me feel happy when reading with good stories.
Carol Fitz
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
Wonderful bedtime story book - each chapter tells a different tale with lots of little lessons tucked in. Great illustrations.
Looking forward to more children's stories from the author.
Brittney Blackwell
Horrible

Gust the worst it’s so freakin stupid. There is just to many pictures for you to be able to imagine the setting . Over all the book is horrible
Kathy
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute book. Good narrator.
Amy
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was delightful. The stories were simple, silly and a lot of fun. We look forward to a sequel!
Amanda Grafius
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a cool book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a good,no,cool book because it had details ,pics,adventurer and is a great book for kids all ages, big, and small
Jeremy Vandelac
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read it with my kids, great book and fun to read. We all enjoyed it!
humphrey
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really like the stories. but I got it on my Kindle. there are many editing problems such as repeating paragraphs and overlapping graphics.
Mary Lou
Fun read

Read aloud with my 7 year old. Each chapter was separate adventure but they all tied together. She was always begging for 1 more chapter.
Pop Bop
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Cheerful, If Unexceptional Stories, Nicely Illustrated

This is a collection of cheerful Kyle-and-his-friends medieval adventure tales, loosely connected by Knight Kyle's search for his family's lost magical silver lance. At the outset we are introduced to the characters, including a mildly kick-butt princess, an elf, a dragon, and so on. Our villains are trolls, a slightly evil sorcerer and a robber who just needs a hug. There's nothing disturbing here, and not much in the way of fresh plotting o
Jessica Higgins
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dungeons, Dragons, and much more makes this a great book for young boys!

Knight Kyle lives in Fairyland East along with elves, trolls, dragons, giants, and all sorts of magical creatures. He, along with others, is in search of his great-grandfather’s lost silver lance. Legend has it that the lance comes with invincible power. It has been missing for many years and Kyle knows it is his destiny to find it. He is up against his worst enemies, Rasputin, an evil robber, and Balduin, a magician. Workin
Kristine Hansen
For children (or even adults) who love fairy tales this is a very enjoyable collection of stories just perfect for reading to your young ones (or giving to the somewhat older ones to read themselves, though I might quibble with the reading level for the intended audience as sometimes the words do get somewhat big and difficult for beginning readers).

I loved Knight Kyle, but had issues sometimes with how the stories developed. Maybe this isn't the most politically correct book out there, but if
Jeffrey
Dec 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
A cute but unexceptional little children's book with delightful illustrations.

Good in small doses, it feels that its standalone chapters might be best for reading to a very young child, perhaps as bedtime stories. A slightly older child would likely find these short chapters not quite enough of a challenge.

While not every children's book must confront the problem of evil, this one solidly side-steps it by showing that the characters we think are bad are really just lonely, misunderstood and not
Kimberlee Gutterman
This book is great for introducing mideival times to children. This is when they get to learn about knights, dragons, fair maidens and much more. When children have access to books like this, it expands their imagination and creativity. This book would be well suited for children 4-6 years old. I found it to be very interesting that this is the author's first book because it seemed like it came from an author who had experience with children's historical fiction. This book was very captivating f ...more
Joy
I am always happy when Kindle First offers a children's or YA book with the others. This is a cute children's short chapter book about a knight named Kyle and his adventures. It was written by a German author and then translated. Each short chapter is its own adventure as Kyle and his friends (which include an elf, a fairy and a dragon, among others) battle one of two villains or other circumstances all while looking for the silver Lance that Kyle's grandfather lost.
It had delightful illustratio
Dayline Jusino-Velez
Read it to my son and he loved it. !
Brandi TAYLOR
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great for 9year-old kids, great bed time chapter book, good for book it!!!

My son and I chose this as my kindle.first book this month. Normally they offer grown up books. I must say it's divided up perfectly for a nine year old attention span and especially for bed time. Easy to read aloud or to themselves. It contains a bunch of different adventures that Knight Kyle goes on. My son really liked and he's not much into reading fiction. He generally likes non fiction or fact books. So, I'm definite

• The Woods #1
  • Requiem's Hope (Dawn of Dragons Book 2)
  • Dororo, Vol. 2
  • My Little Pony: Friends Forever, Volume 1
  • My First Book of Japanese Words: An ABC Rhyming Book
  • Lone Wolf and Cub, Omnibus 2
  • White Bear Black Bear
  • Atalanta and the Arcadian Beast (Young Heroes, #3)
  • BUZZ!
  • The Tiny Portrait
  • Beach Party Surf Monkey (Welcome to Wonderland, #2)
  • Asleep on the Hay: A Dust Bowl Christmas
  • AAAA!: A FoxTrot Assortment for Non-Adults
  • Penguins, Penguins, Everywhere!
Oliver Pötzsch is a German writer and filmmaker. After high school he attended the German School of Journalism in Munich from 1992 to 1997. He then worked for Radio Bavaria. In addition to his professional activities in radio and television, Pötzsch researched his family history. He is a descendant of the Kuisle, from the 16th to the 19th Century a famous dynasty of executioners in Schongau.