Start by marking “To Terminator, With Love” as Want to Read:
To Terminator, With Love

To Terminator, With Love

Dexter Wu’s life is hectic, but he's managing—mostly. He’s on the verge of finishing grad school, and that means putting the final touches on his number one project: HAL, a social robot and children's storytelling companion. But his best friend is leaving the country for good, his birthday’s coming up, he’s swamped with studying for finals, and he hasn’t slept in days.

He's
Published April 26th 2016 by Less Than Three Press (first published March 25th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about To Terminator, With Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Terminator, With Love

Sheziss
The book was total fun for the first 35% or so. I highlighted lots of quotes because they were HILARIOUS!

I thought I was going mad with the amount of sentences I read and re-read. Here there are some of these quotes:

“Do you know how many places drunken engineering students can find to barf in?”

“It’s in our nature to be innovative, Sandhya.”

***

Andre’s eye twitched in annoyance. “Can you go one second without making a sarcastic comment?”

“Absolutely not.”

“Whatever,” Andre mumbled. “It’s not li
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
BR with FL!

3.5

What a fun romp!

To Terminator With Love is not meant to be taken seriously. It’s a silly, fun farce with a lovable main character.

Dexter Wu is an electrical engineer at MIT, junk food aficionado and brainiac. He’s witty and sarcastic and completely enamored with his robot, HAL.

If you’re a movie buff this will be a winner for you.

HAL, according to a clandestine organization known simply as the Agency, will take after his namesake and destroy the world!

photo 4ff25e37f04f3d95071464b8d07ec12f_zpsv9wsjnhc.jpg

To save the world from Armage
Wes Kennedy
Feb 11, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote-it
Wart Hill
Read this and other reviews at Things I Find While Shelving

I received a free ARC via NetGalley

It took me entirely too long to read this book not because this book is bad but because my attention span fails miserably all the time.

At first this book felt a little abrupt to me. Dexter's encounter with Andre and the explanation of what exactly is going on and the entire concept of the Agency just struck me as very Deus Ex Machina. Particularly with the Agency not having an actual name and just being
Chris, the Dalek King
Beware the harbinger of Death and Destruction: Dexter Wu. Do not be deceived by geeky look or his perchance for going days locked in a lab without a shower or food or human contact. He is the Destroyer of Worlds!!! Or, at least the creator of Humankind’s Darkest Enemy. All shall tremble at his feet as he unleashes on the world the beginnings of the Robot Apocalypse. All shall love him and despair!!!

Or, you know, bring him a hamburger or something.

Dexter Wu never set out to be the man who destroy
Mónica BQ
Fun. Cute. Nerdy. Hilarious at times. Ace representation FTW. The Easter Eggs got to be a bit too much (never thought I'd say that). The pace slacked in the middle and got a bit repetitive at times. But still, cool, fast read.
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review.
This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

"He was Neville Longbottom with a badass gun and he was going to fuck Voldemort's shit up."

I laughed alot while reading this. Seriously I loved all the different movie references that the characters threw at each other. I like the super cheesy villain. I thought Dexter Wu was an Asian Stiles. It read like fan fiction mostly to me, it's not necessar
Jenni Lea
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it

Aww, that was cute.
Ariadna
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Dexter Wu is already freaking out about his upcoming finals when his life becomes ten times MORE complicated after being targeted by a mysterious organization...

I'd been excited about finally getting around to reading this novella. Its nerdy and fun vibes were hella tempting, LOL! TBH, this is so short that I'm sure I could've finished it in one seating without much trouble. However, there were some things that dampened my oomph to get to the end.

What I liked

+ Asexual MC yays!

Dexter is asexual.
FantasyLiving
3.5 Hearts

Buddy read with Cupcake

If Austin Powers was a geeky science nerd in university, this would be his story.

I’m casting this because……. I feel like it?

Dexter is a crazy stupid genius who’s building a child’s reading companion robot for his post-grad thesis, but hasn’t figured out how to make it talk…..

He named the robot HAL - You know - the crazy supercomputer from Space Odyssey?! But cuter.. And not crazy, maybe.

He is attacked and almost killed in his lab by some super-spies as they are
Tess
Apr 28, 2016 added it
Shelves: paused-or-dnf-d
DNF at 28%. I kept trying but for some reason I just couldn't get into this story. Probably just a me thing.
Riina Y.T.
To Terminator, With Love was my first book by author Wes Kennedy and I'm definitely going to keep an eye on her for more stories in the future. This wasn't supposed to sound creepy :)

I found the writing style engaging, the humor and character voice charming–Dexter is extremely adorable and a total geek–which made this action-packed story an absolute delight to read.

Dexter Wu’s on the verge of finishing grad school and in the middle of putting the final touches on his number one project: HAL, a
Elaine White

POV – 3rd person, 1 POV
Would I read it again – Yes

Genre – LGBT, Asexual, Action/Adventure

** COPY RECEIVED THROUGH NETGALLEY **

I absolutely loved this! Not only does it reference all the Classic Geek movies that are close to my heart, but it does so with the appropriate respect and detail that I would expect of another geek.

There was a really wide range of characters here – fat, out of shape and
Alison
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: sff, queer, my-e-things, lgbtq
Fun and light and over-the-top. I read this on a plane and it's just the right book for that situation. It's entertaining and cute and a little wacky and kind of implausible and does not take itself at all seriously. The pacing was a little uneven and there's a few things that don't quite make sense or aren't explained, but it's a fun, easy, enjoyable book. Also, the main character is ace and Asian and the majority of the people in this book aren't white, so that's pretty cool. There are lots of ...more
Jules Lovestoread
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars! Super cute and fun. <3 Review coming to www.thenovelapproachreviews.com
Shira Glassman
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is super cute and I recommend it to anyone looking for a geeky m/m romance with several billion homages to geek culture and sci-fi/suspense movies. The plot itself is really the most MacGuffin of MacGuffins -- yes, there's adventure, but what really matters here, where author Wes Kennedy really shines, is in the interactions between the nerdy main character and the handsome agent who disobeys orders in order to protect him--and in the constant references to franchises and fandoms we al ...more
Zippergirl
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, reviewed, lgbt
"Terminator meets Minority Report fanfic." To Terminator, With Love is a brilliantly funny, quirky story about secret agents, a robot and the dumbest genius who ever lived. What it lacks in bulk, it makes up for in sheer delight.

Meet Dexter Wu who shares endless greasy bags of Five Guys and Chipotle fare with his best friend and fellow grad student, Sandhya. Finals weeks is coming up, and Wu's robot, HAL, a storytelling can with one large red eye, won't talk. Epic fail.

Oh, and HAL is going to
dom  ⟡∗⋆♡
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is genuinely such a brilliant read. It's short and easy to read, so it isn't hard to get into. The characters are great; Dexter is the most adorable nerd, Andre is the most badass nerd, Meemaw is excellent, Sandhya = goddess. The story was entertaining and fast paced - there wasn't a boring moment. The relationships between characters were brilliant, and although the book is under 200 pages wrong you really get to know them and their dynamics and it's just really brilliant. Also, the c ...more
Sam Schooler
Written by a mentee of mine, so no star rating, but I adore this book in all its geeky glory.

Way to go, Wes. Way to go.
Lea
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer
That was adorable <3
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
Dexter Wu isn't a terribly social guy. He's a grad student whose life currently revolves around his big project, a robot named HAL that's supposed to be able to read stories to children. He has one close friend, Sandhya, who's about to move back to India. He's trying not to let that fact utterly wreck him, but it's hard. He's tired, stressed out about finals and HAL, and...suddenly in a confusing and terrifying amount of danger.

According to a powerful device owned by a shadowy group known as th
Lexxi Kitty
I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and Less Than Three Press in exchange for an honest review.

This is both my first book by this author, and my first book by this publisher longer than a 100 pages. Though this work here is only 152 pages.

“I’m pretty sure you just tried to sell me a bad Terminator meets Minority Report fanfic here.” – so says Dexter Wu, to Andre, when Andre Jackson tries to explain the situation.

And yes, there are elements of both in this book. Andre even says to Dexte
Eloise
Yaaaas I enjoyed this!!
It was fun, light-hearted and a quick enjoyable read.
Lovely to see a character say he's asexual, the love interest being totally okay with it, and that being it.

As it often happens to me and shorter stories, I would have loved to see a full length novel to get more relationship growth because I really liked these two.
I actually believe that their status was very well developed for the length of the story and felt satisfied with what we got.

I would have loved to know more
Lily
What a hilarious and adorable novella. This really is the sort of story that doesn’t take itself too seriously (or, for that matter, seriously at all). It is silly and over the top and, let’s face it, just plain fun.

If you’re looking for something light-hearted and just a little bit ridiculous, that is filled with witty banter and pop culture references galore, then you will definitely enjoy this nerdy ode to classic sci-fi. Featuring a secret government agency, blueberry pancakes, robonapping
Lysimache
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very cute book! Quite lighthearted and an easy, quick read. I liked the characters and the plot, and I really appreciated how silly it was. The book clearly isn't trying to be deep and philosophical, but I rather enjoyed that, since it's nice to read something that doesn't take itself too seriously.
Miss Susan
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia
awww yiss

goofy action adventure with romance and five billion sci-fi movie references; that's what i'm about

also the leads are SUPER cute; i know this because the author posted art of them both

4 stars
Anne Crow
I found the story a bit over-the-top, and I didn't fully buy Andre's transition from secret agent to college kid (even in Dexter's perception), but enjoyed reading it nonetheless.
5WordsorLessReviews
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun-packed good time.
Pépin Pomme
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good and fun story, featuring diverse characters (asexual, asian american...). I spent a really good time reading it. The plot is more an excuse for the romance than a real plot, but I don't care because it was fun
Estance Moriarty
  • Storms and Stars
  • Villains
  • A Touch of Mistletoe
  • The World in His Eyes
  • Apple Polisher (Rear Entrance Video #1)
  • The Prince and the Program (The Mordred Saga, #1)
  • A Matter of Disagreement (Mechanical Universe #1)
  • The Persistence of Memory (Mnevermind, #1)
  • Machine Metal Magic (Mind + Machine, #1)
  • Alexey Dyed in Red (The Zhakieve Chronicles #1)
  • Hobbled
  • Perihelion (Queenships, #1)
  • A Dandelion for Tulip (Beings in Love, #6)
  • To Summon Nightmares
  • Warlock in Training (Studies in Demonology, #1)
  • Clockwork Tangerine