Start by marking “Warsaw Requiem (Zion Covenant, #6)” as Want to Read:
Warsaw Requiem (Zion Covenant, #6)

Warsaw Requiem (Zion Covenant #6)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  3,179 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
Opening in 1936, the Zion Covenant series tells the courageous and compelling stories of those who risk everything to stand against the growing tide of Nazi terrorism that is sweeping through central Europe under the dangerous and deceitful guise of Hitler's Third Reich. A new study guide is included in each book.
Published April 1st 2005 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published October 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Warsaw Requiem, please sign up.

Leopold The Cow I would highly recommend reading the previous series first, as you meet characters there that you later see in the Zion Covenant. If you read the…moreI would highly recommend reading the previous series first, as you meet characters there that you later see in the Zion Covenant. If you read the Covenant series first, you would already know the complete outcome of the first series, and you wouldn't know the backstories of the returning characters. (less)

Natalie Vellacott
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
The story continues as the drama spreads to England and heads towards Poland and the outbreak of WW2.

This book, more than any other in the series, really captures the complacency of those living in countries so far unaffected by the hostilities. People going about their everyday lives and normal business, happy to pretend that everything is okay...until it reaches their backyard and happens to them!

I was struck by the parallel with the recent hurricanes in America/Caribbean. Also, the many deat
Becky
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-it
Loved this series!!!! It will make a wonderful addition to our library.

I didn't want this book to end. I wanted it to take me throughout the entire war. However, I was moved deeply by the ending and the epilogue. My favorite character was Alfie. If we could all be more like him, the world would never be plagued by hatred and war.
Hannah
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another amazing book by the Theone's! Although this wasn't my favorite book of their's it was still packed with excitement and adventure. Plus they do impact you. The sacrifice's these people make are just incredible. I would highly encourage someone older though to read these books to you if you're a teenager as their are some graphic parts that my mom just skips, but they never take anything out of the books. :) I love these books so much! It's always so fun to speculate with my mom or brother ...more
Hanna
It says something about a book when there are over 100 pages left, and yet I stay up until 11:30 at night to practically finish it. (I read the epilogue today, because really, that's barely interesting)

What is interesting about the Thoene's characters is that I tend to love the men, but I find the women either slightly annoying or just pretty boring. I still like Lucy and Elisa, but I found Rachel annoying and naive, and Lori was kind of the same. But the men... I even want to bad ones to realiz
Jennifer LCF
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These books are absolutely fabulous. Historically detailed, great character development, all with a faith-based foundation. Some of the best books ever written.
Gloria
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical fiction fans; people interested in World War II
Well, it seems the authors did not mean for there to be more books.... surprise! There are!

This one continues following Lucy Strasburg, Peter Wallich, and the Ibsen children with those they are traveling with, including Alfie. Captain Orde is discharged from the military and takes up a position in Warsaw as a correspondent. In his free time, he helps the Jewish people fortify their quarter.

The Lubitkin family is also followed, mostly for Rachel, who is a main character in the Zion Chronicles. R
Sally
Jeni Enjaian
The Thoene's redeemed themselves after the overcomplicated near mess that the previous book in the series was. The number of characters didn't really diminish. What reduced the complexity was the melding of a couple storylines, most notably the near duplicate ones. While I didn't like the complexity of the prior book, I still wanted to find out what happened to the characters. The strength of the plot remains and the numerous characters retain their individuality. Of course, every character (exc ...more
Donna
Mar 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the last book in this series. I have learned so much about this time in history and grown to love the characters that have gone through all of the books. I certainly hate to see the series end and plan to read the other books by Bodie Thoene including the Zion Chronicles and others. Her writing skills coupled with her husband's history research knowledge bring the events and color of this time in history to life. It was interesting to see how the events in Europe in the 1930's and 40's i ...more
Shannon
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The Zion Convenant series by the Thoenes has been great and so far this is my favorite of the series. Wonderful pre-World War II fiction leading up to the first shots of the war. (I now understand this was originally the series finale until three more books were written years later. I can both see this as a satisfying wrap-up, but also see where there was plenty of plot lines that could be carried forward. Looking forward to reading the others!)

With all that said, there were numerous flaws with
  • The Eleventh Hour (Secret of the Rose, #1)
  • While Mortals Sleep (Songs in the Night #1)
  • The Man from Shadow Ridge (Saga of the Sierras, #1)
  • Heirs of the Motherland (The Russians, #4)
  • The Fields of Glory (Wakefield Dynasty #4)
  • Kingscote (Heart of India #3)
BODIE AND BROCK THOENE (pronounced Tay-nee) have written over 45 works of historical fiction. These best sellers have sold more than 10 million copies and won eight ECPA Gold Medallion Awards.

Bodie began her writing career as a teen journalist for her local newspaper. Eventually her byline appeared in prestigious periodicals such as U.S. News and World Report, The American West, and The Saturday E
More about Bodie Thoene...

Zion Covenant (9 books)
  • Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant, #1)
  • Prague Counterpoint (Zion Covenant, #2)
  • Munich Signature (Zion Covenant, #3)
  • Jerusalem Interlude (Zion Covenant, #4)
  • Danzig Passage (Zion Covenant, #5)
  • London Refrain (Zion Covenant, #7)
  • Paris Encore (Zion Covenant, #8)
  • Dunkirk Crescendo (Zion Covenant, #9)