Start by marking “Promise Me Tomorrow (Rocky Mountain Memories, #4)” as Want to Read:
Promise Me Tomorrow (Rocky Mountain Memories, #4)

Promise Me Tomorrow

(Rocky Mountain Memories #4)

Wonderful with children, but unaccustomed to traveling alone, Rusty is accompanied by widower Chase McCandles on her first orphanage placement trip. Later, when Chase offers Rusty the job of companion for his young son, she accepts. There's no doubt that she's falling in love with the kind but reserved man, but when she sees how little time he has for his own son, she wond ...more
Published January 1st 2006 by Harvest House Publishers (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Promise Me Tomorrow, please sign up.
Risha It's the 4th and final of this series.

Start your review of Promise Me Tomorrow (Rocky Mountain Memories, #4)
Ashley Daviau
Sep 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF for me on the first book in this series and although I own the rest of the series o will not be reading it. I could feel it putting me into a slump and so I've elected to put it down and move onto something else.
Cayla
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a long book for me, but it's well worth the read! Rusty has a heart of gold for those children. She wants each child to have a loving home with terrific parents. She's also a God-fearing woman who knows that no matter what, He is always in charge and has our best interests.
Chase McCandles is presented in the beginning of the book as a man who has his priorities mixed up. Work before anything else. He'd be described today as a bit of a "workaholic." Meeting Rusty changes all that. Rusty t
Karen Field
Mar 24, 2009 rated it liked it
Promise Me Tomorrow is a romance story written by a Christian writer. The religious parts of the story were not too bad, generally speaking. The characters and actual story held me through most of those scenes. There was only one scene that was too much for me, which I skipped altogether. Apart from that it’s a romantic story about a man and woman and the obstacles they must overcome to be together. It’s sweet, sloppy and totally predictable, but I loved it.

I feel shy in admitting this, but it’s
Loraine
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
SUMMARY: Katherine Taggert—nicknamed“Rusty” for her curly red hair—shines like a ray of sunshine at her aunt anduncle’s orphanage. Unaccustomed to traveling alone in the pioneer West, Rusty is accompanied on her first orphanage placement trip by the kind but reservedwidower Chase McCandles.
When Chase offers Rusty a position in his stately home as acompanion for his young son, Quintin, Rusty accepts.But when she realized how little time Chase spends with Quintin,Rusty’s heart is torn. How can she
Anna
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
I m not a big fan of romance novells because there are only a few well written(I reccomend Jane Austen, btw). So, I was expecting it to be bad...It turned to be better than I expected, but it also had a lot of... "no one told him about her eyes: blue, like the flowers in his garden. But, no: they were darker than this. Purple, she had purple eyes." I just hate this kind of things.
At least is better than most of the books written now.
Another think I didn t like...was Rusty. I just don t like the
Stephanie Salyer
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book. This was my 1st time reading it and seeing Clay again (a fav character from a previous book) was delightful. It was nice to see that they'd overcome challenges and had a family despite physical challenges. The main female character Rusty is thier daughter. Her attitude and spontaneous nature makes her a very likable character. Book has some interesting turns but kinda predictable and Clay even predicts the end correctly half way through the book. Fun relaxing light romantic read with ...more
Donna Bagby
•Promise Me Tomorrow Bk 4 ISBN: 9781565076952

Good story of Rusty who works at the orphanage and Chase who escorted her and two children to their new home. The story of a very private man and a very impetuous lady, and the adventures that brings them together.
Rebecca Embry
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t tell you how amazing this book is! By far the best from the Rocky Mountain Memories series. So Christ centered and amazing story line! The romance thrown in only made it better! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Mary Garbarino
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished the Rocky Mountain series. I read these books a few years ago but I loved them this time around just as much. The characters are believable and endearing. Lori Wick handles her characters, flaws and all, with grace and tenderness
Susan
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I love Lori Wick, but this one was not a favorite. Seemed to drag a little and was predictable. Great message -but slow.
Funmi Richards
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I
Alif
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a cute book. I love it and my copy is pretty torn up from me reading it so many times and flipping to pages that held my favorite parts. 11/10 would recommend.
Robin Lawson
Lilian
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sherry Bryant
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the characters! Wonderful!
Annabelle Morehouse
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: would-read-again
This is from my own bookshelf and another reread. I adored this book just as much as the first time I read it. Yes it has its christian book moments and though I skimmed lots of those bits I still appreciated the heart warming tale. Yes, this is the hallmark channel come to print and its characters really are what grabbed my attention. Rusty is young and innocent, very naive but likable. She isn't so stupid to discount the attraction of the MC which is Chase. I loved how Chase spent the whole bo ...more
Libby
Jan 21, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed Lori Wick's novels when I was fresh out of college, especially her British series. As far as conservative Christian romance novelists go, she definitely has made quite a name for herself. The story was well-written--the characters had depth and the descriptive setting of the late 1800's West was spot-on. To be honest, I think I've just grown to a point where I can appreciate Christian undertones, but am a bit "weirded out" by the overt nature of Lori's books. Again, they're very well-w ...more
Nikki
Apr 18, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katherine Taggart, known as Rusty because of her red hair, adores children and is able to indulge her love for them by working in her family's orphanage. When she accompanies two orphans to their new home, Rusty meets wealthy Chase McCandles and soon finds herself falling in love with him. On the surface, Chase, a believer in God, appears to be everything a devout Christian would want. However, Rusty discovers that Chase treats his own son Quintin with great distance, and she is reluctant to pur ...more
Elizabeth
Mar 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I think this is the second time I've read this series and I have to say that this time around this last book was my favorite. I loved the banter between the main characters. It's so much like me and my dh. My favorite scene (view spoiler) ...more
Wendy Sparkes
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
A nice conclusion to the "Rocky Mountain Memories" Series.

#1 Where the Wild Rose Blooms by Lori Wick
#2 Whispers of Moonlight (Rocky Mountain Memories Series, Book #2) by Lori Wick
#3 To Know Her by Name by Lori Wick
Emily
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure what exactly it is about this gentle little love story that always has me coming back for another reread, but finishing it always makes me feel happy and a little sad it's over again until the next time. The plot progresses at a quiet, unhurried pace with enjoyable characters, and the love story is far from center stage until the last couple of chapters. Yet, for all its seemingly understated qualities, every couple of years I find myself eager to pick it up again.
Judine
Jul 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Much better. I love Rusty and her connection with children. I love how she brings both Quintin and Chase out of their shells. I especially love that she brings us back to the Taggart family, and that we find out what happened to the chidlren from the other books. Aside from the final chapter, which leaps ahead some 14 years (Grrrr), a very good read.
Meridyforgot
Jul 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book has a classic storyline, but it was so enjoyable to read. I enjoyed the entire book so much that I hardly skipped anything, which is rare for me. I loved all of the characters. Very well written. The experience of reading the whole book was so fun, that I could see myself reading the entire book over again in the future. I feel it deserves my coveted five star rating.
Thebarrys10
Nov 05, 2008 rated it liked it
Lori Wick takes her time to tell a story and sometimes I am not in the mood for it. The last couple of chapters in this book had the action. As always, with Lori, the action includes a love story. Even though this book was the fourth in a series, it didn't matter that I had read the others. There was only slight mention of the other characters.
Candace Hinnergardt
This book is so cute!! I really can't say anything more except there is one thing that I believe and this author obviously doesn't and that is that though Salvation is for everyone it (the promises of Salvation) can only be obtained through baptism (Matthew 28:18, Mark 16:16), but anyways a really cute story indeed!!
Cathy Bryant
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rusty is one of my favorite characters. A tiny redhead who loves deeply, especially children; however, when she feels an injustice has been perpetrated against a child, her mothering instincts have a tendency to get her into trouble. As with most if not all of Lori Wick's books, this one is also a heartwarming romance. I have read this one more than once, and most likely will several more times.
Cheryl
Jan 06, 2015 rated it liked it
This is the only Lori Wick book that I've read that I liked because it wasn't filled with Christians judging other Christians as lost because they don't believe exactly the same way.

This book had a sweet and believable story and I liked the characters, however it wasn't incredibly inspired or exciting.

Michele
May 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book. This is the 4th out of 4 books in the Rocky Mountain series & I love how Lori Wick gives updates on the people in the other books in the series. I get so attached to the characters & love to read the little parts about how they're doing. ...more

• Rachel's Garden
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships, #1)
  • Ruth (Brides of the West, #5)
  • Cherished Mercy (Heart of the Frontier #3)
  • A Dream to Call My Own (The Brides of Gallatin County, #3)
  • A Flood of Love (Harvey House Brides)
  • Grand Encounters (Harvey House Brides)
  • To Love a Prince (True Blue Royal, #1)
  • Glory (Brides of the West, #4)
  • Leah's Choice
  • Treasured Grace (Heart of the Frontier, #1)
  • The Runaway Bride (The Bride Ships, #2)
  • A Bride of Convenience (The Bride Ships, #3)
  • Soaring Eagle (Prairie Winds, #2)
  • Enchanted (The Accidental Billionaires #4)
  • Overcomer
  • Winds of Promise (Wayward Wind Series, # 1)
  • A Heart for God
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."

Rocky Mountain Memories (4 books)
  • Where the Wild Rose Blooms (Rocky Mountain Memories, #1)
  • Whispers of Moonlight (Rocky Mountain Memories, #2)
  • To Know Her by Name (Rocky Mountain Memories, #3)