Jump to ratings and reviews

Who Wants to be President

Who wants the job…Trump, Clinton, Cruz, Sanders, Rubio? Would they make the cut in the new reality show, “Who Wants to be President?” Finally, we have the means for the American people to beat the system and take back their country. Janice and Duncan, pursuing a bizarre concept, navigate their way through obstacles, intimidation, coercion and ultimately mortal danger to return America to its citizens.
Their efforts to produce a reality TV show to select a Presidential candidate, along with the creation of a new political party, disrupts the balance of power in Washington. Learn how deep the enemy’s reach is and how ruthless their methods. See how the pair brings America HOME in the new American Revolution.

167 pages, Kindle Edition

Published February 5, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews
Profile Image for Boundless Book Reviews.
2,242 reviews64 followers
April 13, 2016
At the start of each chapter in Who Wants to be President, there is a perfectly fitting quote; including everyone from Dr. Seuss to Albert Einstein, of the 23 quotes in this book, this is my favorite;

Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable – a most sacred right – a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.
Abraham Lincoln

This quote also sums up the book. A reality show to find our next president; what a concept! In a society where the line for the newest iPhone is miles long; yet, we walk right in to cast our votes in a presidential election, no line and no wait. According to the Washing Post, (May 11, 2015) “from 2006 to 2012, the number of votes more than doubled to 132 million. That's more than the number of votes cast in the 2012 election.” This article is complete with a chart showing approximately three million more votes for the next American Idol.

Not only is this a brilliant concept, but it may be just what we need; it can’t be worse than the options we have now. I know what you’re thinking; “What about constitutional law?” Don’t worry, it covered in the book. Who Wants to be President is not just politics; there’s romance, suspense, action, mystery and twists that will leave you speechless. I HIGHLY recommend this book for all readers; you don’t need to understand politics at all to enjoy this book. It’s only 230 pages long and is written in a way to make it a smooth quick read. You will not be able to put this down. It’s a great “beach day” read. You will not be disappointed with Who Wants to be President.

On a personal note: I’m cursed with the natural ability to edit everything I read, to the point that spelling and grammatical errors interrupt my flow while reading. There was only one error, just one; not even enough to interrupt me. Kudo’s to the editor for that! I do have one question I can’t get out of my mind; why isn’t there a question mark used at the end? It really should be, Who Wants to be President?

Overall, Who Wants to be President is simply the result of a combination of a politically brilliant mind and talented writing; and without a doubt, a huge 5 Boundless Stars book; I absolutely loved it!...Beth

Profile Image for Amy Shannon.
Author 98 books118 followers
March 18, 2017
An absolute must read!

With the rough past Presidential campaign, this is the perfect book to read, no matter who you did or didn't vote for. This book take the reader on this Thrilling ride and journey into politics, namely Presidential politics. There is something about Duncan that makes the reader stay tuned until the very end, and I love the insertion of Janice. The story is well written, the characters have charm and depth, and are there to either love or hate, but they all make the story. "There is a lot I do not know, but one thing I know for certain is that this is a unique opportunity for the American people to reclaim their government and their country and restore it and its good name, here and around the world." (If only ...) A highly recommended book!
Profile Image for Diana.
55 reviews
April 21, 2018
Interesting, relevant concept, story moves quickly, fast, enjoyable read.
Profile Image for Angela Withrow TheArdentReader.
242 reviews14 followers
April 14, 2016
This book was a breath of fresh air! Not only current but frightfully so. Duncan has a silly idea that grows in his mind.
An idea so out of the norm but also almost necessary that it just might work.
His idea is a reality show called "Who Wants to be President." This idea is so foreign to the status quo that no one will even give him a chance.
Until he goes to a more "serious" network. There are two people on staff who are intrigued by the idea and the concept.
The American public, as a whole, is tired of the hierarchy of our government. The capital cronyism that continues without abatement no matter what the American people want or need.
The people who have been voted into office are too busy lining their pockets with lobby bribes and pay raises that they get to vote for themselves and using their power to maneuver for their own benefit.
The idea of this "show" is to choose a regular citizen, be it man or woman, no matter how rich or poor. No matter their background. These contestants will debate real issues. And a winner will be chosen by the people.

As an American citizen, a dedicated voter and a disabled woman. I know this book hit me pretty hard. This author has hit the nail on the proverbial head.
I am tired of the way things are and would love to see the events of his book come to fruition. In another kind of world, it could probably happen!
It would be an improvement of monumental proportions over the millionaire "representatives" that we are basically stuck with at this particular time.
It is a sad state of affairs when your only choice for President is the lesser of two evils. The lengths that some will go to in this book to keep things "business as usual" is scary and prophetic.
Just as was stated in the book, we can sit in long lines for sports event tickets or the latest technology but voting doesn't seem to be important anymore.

This novel is very well written! I was completely engrossed from the beginning until the end.
This story made me realize that many people feel the way I do about our government.
Our current system is irrevocably broken. If something like this could happen, I think it would be amazing! I appreciated the quotes at the beginning of each chapter. They were
poignant and so fitting as to make it even better.

This book does something other than tell a story. It instills exactly what it wanted to, hope.
Hope that someone out there is thinking of a better way to do thigs.
And not just for what it can do for themselves.
I highly recommend this book. I really enjoyed the mystery and the suspense!

* I received a courtesy copy of this title from the author in exchange for my honest review.
Profile Image for Howard Katzoff.
280 reviews3 followers
June 8, 2016
An extremely relevant story.

What a terrific book and it's concepts. It is so appropriate as to what goes on in our government everyday. It made me feel that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.