Start by marking “Fate Ball” as Want to Read:
Fate Ball

Fate Ball

What would you do for love? For Able Curran, the answer is “anything.”

Meeting Ava Dubose is both the best thing to ever happen in Able’s young life, and the worst. Her wild, daring spirit captivates innocent Able, and the two quickly become inseparable. When Ava’s behavior becomes reckless, spurred on by her addictive personality, Able’s love for Ava blinds him, even when
Published March 31st 2016 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Fate Ball, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fate Ball

Sheryl
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, netgalley
This novel is a torrid love story between an insecure young man, Able and a beautiful true southern belle, Ava who was on a course of self-destruction. This relationship is set over a span of ten years. It's just beautifully written, I was immersed in this "true love" story.

This is Mr. Jones' debut novel and it's well worth the read. The story is simple, yet deeply moving. It's a short novel, that's the only flaw, I wasn't ready to let go of Able and Ava.

I hope to read more from this author.

I
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
I have absolutely enjoyed this book! I finished the book in one day. It was a very quick read for me and I barely took my eyes off the book once I got started. I love the concept of "Fate Ball." I had no idea what to expect from the book because I chose it on a whim. I do not think I could have made a better choice. If anyone is looking for a quick vacation read, I give my highest recommendation to Fate Ball. To be completely honest this has quickly become one of my favorite books of all time!
Irene Brockie
Nice holiday read. Didn't like the characters much to start with but by the end Able had grown on me. I enjoyed the feel of Southern way of life which interests me. Also gave me a wee insight into drugs and alcohol problems. The charcters and the story stuck with me for a while after I'd read it. not a bad read
Skylar Warmbier
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

Book: Fate Ball
Author: Adam W. Jones

My freshman year of high school, I was introduced to Fate Ball written by Adam W. Jones. Fate Ball is a fairly new book published on March 22, 2016. This book made me have a new perspective on how others may think about relationships. It was a difficult decision on whether to read this book or not, the cover never really caught my eye. Although, the description instantly made me want to pick up the book and start reading.

Able Curran is not your average colleg
Adam Jones
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my first novel and it has been getting mostly 4-star and 5-star reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. Like many first novels there is a hint of truth in this work of fiction. If you like a good love story (even a tragic one like this one) I think you will like it. Thanks
Makenna
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes there are books that you can’t wait to read, and other times, there are books that just happen to fall into your lap. For me, that book was Fate Ball. After choosing another book and reading it for two days, I couldn’t help but run back to Fate Ball. I couldn’t get the description and feeling of that book in my hands off of my mind. I needed to read this book, I was already hooked.
Able Curran is a fairly insecure boy who meets the girl of his dreams . . . or so he thought. Ava is a sw
Marylee Tyndall
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
excellent story! I definitely wanted more.
Hobart
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
★ ★ ★ ★ 1/2
This originally appeared on the Irresponsible Reader blog as part of my participation in the Fate Ball Book Tour, I also conducted a brief interview with Mr. Jones, if you'd like to give it a read.
---
Parents always seem to think that saving the day is a good thing, but really it just postpones the inevitable. Sometimes, they should just let their kids crash and burn, so they learn their lesson the hard way. Parents can be the biggest enablers of them all when they’re acting out of lov
Kristy
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
It is a good coming of age book. I really liked the southern descriptions of the culture and region. The time period this book is set in brought back many good memories. I especially liked the scene that took place under the magnolia tree. At the end I wanted to know more about Able Curran's family.
Randy Buck
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Fate Ball is a rate above 5. It had my attention from beginning to end. An absolute inspiring, romantic love story. Love so strong that it hurts. A book every book lover must read.

Emma Buck.

Colleen
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a Goodreads Giveaway.

Fate Ball was a wonderful book. The writing style was simple and easy to read. I was captivated from the first chapter. Very sad story about how addiction affects friends and family. Well worth the read.
Staci Suhy
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book for free as part of a first reads promotion
Carrie
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book from goodreads giveaways. It's 4am and I couldn't put this book down. Great story and intriguing characters.
M.
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: good-reads
Interesting story. I won this in a contest and it was a good read. Thank you!
Katrina
May 20, 2016 marked it as goodreads-win  ·  review of another edition
Goodreads win
Acacia Ives
It was good, and I liked the book but it did not blow me away. Full review to be done on my channel soon
Mansi
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
If there was one phrase to describe this book, it has to be heart-wrenching!

The book which begin as a simple college love story turns into something so intense that it kept me up all night wanting to know more. If you look at it from a different perspepctive, the book is about the life of an addict and her struggle to break out. She fails miserably and so do the people around her trying to help.

A sense of helplessness, guilt and inability to do anything but wait and watch is what keeps you on y
Kelly
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Fate Ball" Very interesting title.

I really enjoyed this book. It was a different spin on a true love romance story. I liked how it was from the guys point of view. Able was a introvert that got talked into going to a frat party by his best friend James, and that is where his life changed for the enjoyment of life itself. He met Ava who was a beautiful but boisterous soul that liked to live on the edge of life, she liked adventures and was very ehem, sexual inclined. This book took me a weeken
Karen Brown
Feb 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can not believe the reviews this book is getting!! It’s like high school student wrote it. Way too amateurish. About half way through the book, I literally started rolling my eyes at the use of ‘darlin’ that it seemed every character used non stop! Don’t waste your time on this book!
Trinitee Mitchell-Dunn
I won this book on a Goodreads giveaway. I couldn't put this book down once I started reading it. I pulled an all nighter to finish it. Great book.
Claire
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Louise
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
MY VIDEO REVIEW: https://youtu.be/O-GY_YIR3xA

This contemporary novel follows a young man name Able Curran and his idolization of the enticing but very troubled Ava Dubose. Check out my youtube channel for my full review of this book :)
Jyhaynes
Good read if you want a true love never dies type of book

This was a good tragic love story. They were a odd couple from start to finish. Did not love the ending but the author developed a good relationship with the main characters that held my interest .
Heidi Wolin
rated it it was ok
Apr 08, 2018
Adam Jones
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Amy Ferguson
Jan 15, 2017
Nikki
Disclosure: ARC received from Edelweiss & publisher in exchange for an honest review. (They may regret this.) Any and all quotes were taken from an advanced edition subject to change in the final edition.
Jordan
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading this book and absolutely loved it! I started it at the beginning of spring break and finished it before the week was up. I did not want to put it down. I don't want to give too much away but I connected with the characters from the beginning all the way until the end. The love story that was conveyed was beautiful. Hearing the love someone has for an addict is always hard, and at times does not end how you want it to. This book was a true, raw love story.
Maureen
Feb 22, 2016
  • Hard Knocks (Practice Perfect, #2)
  • The Last Messenger of Zitol
  • Capturing Cora (Romps and Rakehells, #1)
  • Storm of Attraction (Willowdale, #1)
  • Ella's Will
  • Berlin
  • A Suitable Affair (The Macalisters, #1)
  • Why Geography Matters: Three Challenges Facing America: Climate Change, the Rise of China, and Global Terrorism
  • Diana
  • Irish Hope (Irish Eyes, #8) (Irish Eyes Duo, #2)
  • Florence Nightingale
  • The Time Key
  • Finding Gabriel
  • Prince of Dreams: A Tale of Tristan and Esyllte
  • Eromenos
  • Inglorious Royal Marriages: A Demi-Millennium of Unholy Mismatrimony
  • Tsura (Tsura, #1)
  • Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver
I grew up in Raleigh, NC and am one of five children. We were all raised to be free thinkers and we are all creative in some form or fashion. I am a reader, but not a voracious reader like some folks. Typically, I read about six books a year and the bulk of those are in the summertime on the beach, or relaxing in a hammock. Once football and basketball seasons start then my focus is on those sport ...more
“Outside of a French accent and maybe Italian, Able thought the sexiest accent had to be a soft, sophisticated Southern belle accent.” 0 likes
“(The kiss) was soft and sensual, not the kind of spit-swap one would expect at a drunken frat party.” 0 likes