Start by marking “Even Now (Lost Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Even Now (Lost Love, #1)

Even Now (Lost Love #1)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  19,944 Ratings  ·  591 Reviews
Sometimes hope for the future is found in the ashes of yesterday.
Shane Galantera man ready to put down roots after years of searching. But is he making the right choice? Or is there a woman somewhere who even now remembers as does he those long-ago days . . . and a love that hasn't faded with time?

Lauren Gibbs a successful international war correspondent who gave up on ha
Published December 9th 2005 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Even Now, please sign up.

Cathy
Feb 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A+; Emotions ranging from heartbreaking to triumphant in this lovely novel. If you've ever doubted the power of one moment, you won't after reading this. Ms. Kingsbury is without question the best in Christian fiction, delivering a powerful message that does not come across as preachy or ignore the realities in life. No goody-two-shoes characters cripple her prose. Real people struggle with their faith issues and come out closer to God and each other because of it.
Tiana
Aug 04, 2009 rated it liked it
I've been putting off writing my review on this book because I'm not sure what to say. Generally, I don't especially like Christian fiction. This book is an example of why I don't like it. The story felt contrived and forced, like the author tried to imagine everything that could possibly go wrong and made it happen. I just kept feeling frustrated that the characters weren't using common sense to prevent these horrible things from happening. But worse was that I felt like the author was trying t ...more
Tracey
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christian
Let me start by saying that had I known this was Christian fiction I may not have picked it up to begin with. I sometimes find the religious writing a little too over-the-top for my liking. I had a couple of issues with this story line:
1.The parents of these two teenagers conspire against them by taking deliberate steps to separate them from each other. One family moves across the country and the other into the suburbs and neither leaves a forwarding address. My issue ... the author implies that
Sam
Jan 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It wasn't outstandingly beautiful prose, or a praise-worthy plot line, but this book made me cry. And for that, I give it 5 stars. There have been around, maybe 6, 7, books in my life that have had me sobbing (it's not easy to get my tears going in books) and this one had me wailing into the book in the middle of the night. Even Now had me smiling and laughing and making some sort of sound in my throat that sounded like sobbing and choking all at once... When Lauren and Shane were finally reunit ...more
Ky
Jan 21, 2009 rated it it was ok
I feel like I'm really going against the grain here by saying this book was OK since Karen Kingsbury is such a famous author. However, I just wasn't caught up in this book. It was very "average" for me. In my opinion, the characters were forgettable and the development was slow. There were elements of the story that were somewhat implausible - I found myself thinking "why on earth would she do that?" or "how could she not know that" a couple of times. There were definitely some stretches. I just ...more
Trey Atkins
Jun 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
I read this because Kingsbury's books encourage my wife. The theme of God's control of our lives and situations is one I am fully behind, but this now ranks as my least favorite book. Mainly due to disappointment.

When I read self-published work, mistakes are common and expected. However, this is a well-known author with a respected publisher, yet the mistakes in storyline and editing seem to indicate both are interested far more in the profit to be had and than in a quality story and book.

A few
Tammy
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
It is a good thing that this is not the first Kingsbury book that I have read, because if it had been, I would not have read another and that would have been a loss. The constant emotional pain that the characters in "Even Now" endure (most of it brought on by themselves) for a solid eighteen years and 333 pages left me wrung out and exhausted. Even when the happy ending came, I couldn't feel the joy.
The experiences shared by the seven main characters were told and retold endlessly through ea
Julie
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
I've read about 75% of Karen Kingsbury's books and this was by far my least favorite. I would have given it 1 star if it hadn't been for the lessons on forgiveness.
My first issue with this book is the fact that Shane and Lauren had no idea where the other was moving to. Seriously?! They didn't even exchange addresses or at least the name of the town? I thought that was absurd.
My second issue was with Lauren running away after she thought Emily died. She didn't think she should stick around for
Emily
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
What can I say that I haven't already said while I was reading... Horrible editing, spelling mistakes nearly every page wherein a space was moved/added/removed, making the intended words into completely different words... but still real words, albeit ones that didn't make sense in the sentence. Continuity errors. Contrived plot points, characters lacking common sense. I was interested in the basic plot, but it could have been done SO much better. Though she's quite prolific and popular, I haven' ...more
Kristi
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this story. The characters were amazing. Lauren and Shane's love for each other was flawless, even as kids. They grew up without each other. And their child little Emily. Found them and tried to get them back together. I love it. Emily was adorable. Her character was awesome. Karen Kingsbury made a great contrast of characters.
Although it was in ways similar to one other book I read called The Chance. But I overly enjoyed both books.
This book was Heartbreaking, sad, heartwa
Mariann Ryckman
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Not a huge fan of Christian fiction with a few exceptions. This was one of the most contrived story lines I've ever read. None of the actions made sense - all of the consequences were extreme. The outcome was just too neatly worked out. If you're looking for an easy read where you can just skim pages while people are whining or making dumb mistakes, this is it.
Maria
Oct 10, 2009 marked it as to-read
Lost Love Series

EVEN NOW
The first book, Even Now, is the story of a young woman seeking answers to her heart's deep questions. A man and woman separated by lies and long years. . . yet who have never forgotten each other. With hallmark tenderness and power, Karen Kingsbury weaves a tapestry of lives, losses, love, and faith and the miracle of resurrection

EVER AFTER
In Ever After, the moving sequel to Even Now, Emily Anderson, now twenty, is attending college on a soccer scholarship when she meets
Amber
Feb 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great Karen Kingsbury Story! It starts out about two teenagers who fall in love and Lauren (the main girl) gets pregnant. She decides to keep her baby instead of giving it up for adoption much to the dismay of her parents and her boyfriends parents. Her boyfriend Shane's parents are trying everything they can to get them to change their mind. They want to get married and raise the baby together because they are in love. The come up with a plan and it keeps them apart. Lauren has her baby and som ...more
Loraine
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"A young woman seeking answers to her heart's deep questions. A man and woman separted by lies and long years...yet who have never fogotten each other. With hallmark tenderness and power, Karen Kingsbury weaves a tapestry of lives, losses, love, and faith--and the miracle of resurrection."

Two families the Galanters and the Andersons - close knit with a son and daughter who grow up together, fall in love, and make a tragic mistake which tears the two families to pieces. Karen Kingsbury has writte
Ann
Apr 12, 2015 rated it liked it
First off, I read this on my Kindle. There were so many typos that it just drove me crazy. They were real words, but out of context, such as "allow edit" instead of "allowed it". It makes me crazy to see typos in books, there is just no excuse for that.

Overall, the story was ok. Christian romance/drama. I did get a little frustrated with characters who seem to have no common sense at all. Parts of the story were unbelievable to me.

It was a quick read, and a page turner. There was a bit of the
Jana
I am wavering between 2 and 3 stars. I listened to it as an audiobook and didn't like it's production so maybe that gives me a dim view of it. The woman reading the book read painfully slow, would mess up the meaning of sentences through her inflection and used annoying baby talk at times for an apparently smart college student.
About the book though, it was ok. I found it predictable and frustrating when people who were said to be smart were so slow to do obvious things.
I do appreciate the fact
MMatchak
Feb 15, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Emily Anderson was born to teenage parents who were separated by their own parents as a result of her coming into the world. Emily is raised by her grandparents who have been searching for her mother, Lauren, who has been missing since Emily was just weeks old. Once Emily is old enough, she begins searching, too, only her search expands to find her father, Shane, as well, whose parents moved to California to keep him away from her mother. It is a story of lost love, but one I found rather predic ...more
Sara
Jun 20, 2009 rated it it was ok
My mom loves Karen Kingsbury and has been passing them down to me... so I finally picked one up. Very nice story, just lacks character detail, suspense etc. Also thought very slow moving and somewhat cheesy. But easy read... all wraps up nice.
Glenda L
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very well written Christian novel about a teenage pregnancy and how it affected two very affluent families. The novel is written over a 19 year span ... what happens to the teens, the parents and the baby? I enjoyed this book very much. It was a little predictable, but good.
Fitta Sari
May 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Well, at the time like this. I swear i hate goodreads rating system.
I hardly give it 4 stars, but this book is too good for me to just give it 3 stars.
I felt fond with the character, but the story became predictable.
Well, that what's happen.
I enjoyed it,
Joi
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-read
I really liked this book. I hadn't read a Kingsbury book in a minute but I'm glad I picked up this book. I didn't have a problem with any of the characters and the plot kept me hooked from the very beginning. I'll be picking up the second one soon.
Laura Espino
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the very first book I literally loved! Loved of LOVED! I think teenagers and young adults will enjoy! I liked it very much! I always read it on my bed or something! Its good to now.
Mickie Danner
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Family

I love Kingsbury novels!! Always a joy to read about families,belief in prayer and knowing that no one is perfect.
Sophie Gaines
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! It made me feel at times, happy, sad, over joyed, shocked,etc. Above all, I established a relationship with every single one of the characters in the book.
Darlene
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
inspirational.
Anita Lewis
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the second Karen Kingsbury book I read this year. The first one was good but this one was much better. Not predictable so it held my interest to the end.
Danielle
Jan 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book was really good because it showed how 2 families were torn apart because of 2 people who did not stay pure.
Mattie
Jan 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
VERY GOOD. Page turning and in the end I felt like I knew the characters.. especially Lauren. My mother recommended this to me and I am very glad she did. Can't wait to get the next book!
Janelle
Jun 26, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-club
The plot is pretty far-fetched in some places, but I like it for a light read.
Allie Dawn
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"He loved her the way he always had, with singleness and a focus. Even now, because no matter when she would see the ring or read the inscription on the inside of the band, it would be true. Even now, when they were struggling; even now, when they were not sure how to get from today to tomorrow. Even now....he loved her."

I purchased this book a few days ago at McKays (when I broke my reading challenge). Honestly I'm glad I got this book. This is the second Karen Kingsbury I have read and I have
Summary, evaluation, big idea word 1 1 Apr 29, 2018 01:08PM
  • Sophie's Heart (Contemporary Romance)
  • A Rush of Wings (A Rush of Wings, #1)
  • True Devotion (Uncommon Heroes #1)
  • Southern Storm (Cape Refuge, #2)
  • Lonestar Sanctuary (Lonestar, #1)
  • Critical Care (Mercy Hospital, #1)
  • The Redemption of Sarah Cain
Karen Kingsbury, #1 New York Times bestselling novelist, is America’s favorite inspirational storyteller, with more than twenty-five million copies of her award-winning books in print. Her last dozen titles have topped bestseller lists and many of her novels are under development with Hallmark Films and as major motion pictures. Her Baxter Family books are being developed into a TV series slated f ...more
More about Karen Kingsbury

Lost Love (2 books)
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)

Fiction Deals

$7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
  • Shoeless Joe
  • Death in Venice
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
  • Rescue
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Under the Udala Trees
  • The Streets Have No King
  • The Passion
    $11.00 $1.99
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
  • The Golden Notebook
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Life of Christ
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • As Close to Us as Breathing: A Novel
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
  • Reunion
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Stay Up With Me
  • The Loser
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Father's Day
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sackett's Land: The Sacketts (Sacketts, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
  • Star Sand
    $14.99 $2.99
  • Bachelor Girl
  • The Wednesday Sisters
“Her heart was talking now...” 5 likes
“If you and someone you love have a difference of opinion on something, maybe its beset to let it stay that way. Respect each other's right to believe what you believe. Respect each other. Agree to disagree.” 5 likes