Start by marking “Slave to the Rhythm (The Rhythm, #1)” as Want to Read:
Slave to the Rhythm (The Rhythm, #1)

Slave to the Rhythm

(The Rhythm #1)

DANCE. Guns.

MUSIC. Bullets.

RHYTHM. Pain.

Music in my head, dance in my body, the rhythm of my heart.

How far can you fall in just one month? How quickly can the human spirit be broken? Where does evil hide in plain sight?

Ash wants to dance. Needs it. To leave behind a life of expectation and duty, to set his soul free.

But life is never that simple. Every step is a journey
Published March 8th 2016 by Harvey-Berrick Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Slave to the Rhythm, please sign up.

Brandi
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it

description

I wasn't quite sure what I expected from this story, but what I found was a surprisingly complex story - a story about hopes & dreams, and the unsavory characters who pray on those aspirations. Ash was such an authentic character, I easily fell into his story. A young Slovenian man, who thinks his dreams are coming true - an opportunity dancing in Las Vegas, it seems too good to be true. And unfortunately for Ash, it is, he finds himself descending into the dark world of the Russian Bratva.
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
3.5 ~ 3.75 Stars

”With Ash, I could dance.”

description

This book has a very well thought out plot and I give the author a ton of credit because she sure pulled it together and in a somewhat believable fashion. I did feel invested but at times felt like I was pushing through the book. I liked the plot, the characters, and the danger aspect but the story slightly bored me and took me longer than usual to get through it to be honest.

Ash Novack, hero is a Slovenian dancer who specializes in Latin, ballroom, co
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, arc, favorites

Rating: 5 ‘Holy WOW’ Stars

description

My Views: Beautiful, Heartbreaking and even more beautiful…Jane Harvey Berrick tells a story which touched a delicate string of my heart.

Style of writing: The emotion that comes in the words that Jane Harvey Berrick weaves will leave you smiling while tears roll down your cheeks. She is one of my favorite writers and she definitely made her readers proud with this one.

Characters: Ash is a dancer and he expresses his emotions through his art and through his dance. Hi
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon US | Amazon UK

This book was such a breath of fresh air to me, in a huge sea of books all competing for the readers attention this one really stood out with its unique and gripping plot which involved some very serious underlying themes.

Our main hero Ash is a Slovenian dancer who has traveled to Las Vegas in a quest to live his dream doing what he loves, but his excitement is short lived when he finds himself embroiled in the dark and disturbing world of the Rus
Paige
5 "My Sunshine" Stars

Holy Wow! AMAZING!

Right from the get-go this story held me in it's grips and didn't let go. As soon as it hit my Kindle, I dove in and didn't stop until I was finished. I read the blurb but there was so much more to the story and I was constantly blown away by the little twists and turns this story kept taking. From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows, Slave to the Rhythm had it all.

First there's Ash. He's ready for a new adventure. Having been a dancer since he was
Lea ★
BOOM! I loved it!

Jane Harvey-Berrick is an amazing writer. She really took me by surprise here.
Ever since I read The Education of Sebastian I was hooked.
It pulled me in and swallowed me whole.
This story will grip you and won't let go until the very last page. It was a heartbreaking, emotional, poignant and unique journey.

Main characters are a disabled girl Laney (she suffers from quite severe case of rheumatoid arthritis) and a struggling dancer called Ash (Aljaž) Novak.
Book is written in b
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 60165804e5439063330676bdbdea28_zps9iv4krwh.gif

Jane Harvey-Berrick creates a devastatingly beautiful romantic suspense in her newest release, Slave to the Rhythm. In the backdrops of mafia, human trafficking, violence, and dance, Ms. Harvey-Berrick brings color, rhythm and light into a haunting and unexpected tale of survival, dreams, and love.

#SlaveToTheRhythm

Right off the opening pages, Jane Harvey-Berrick captures our attention as she brings light to the despicable, raw and gritty side of human tra
Ayushi Agarwal
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
""SLAVE - A LOVE STORY""

"And I became the dance. I was a matador, facing a pitiless enemy."

I've actually become the slave to the rhythm of this story. The story is so beautifully written that it has touched a part of my heart deeply. I'm in no state to form words to describe this incredible book. It was life altering. The determination, the strength, the power and the enthusiasm of the characters was breathtaking.

"But I'm not giving up..
I can't count on anyone but myself..."

The story gripped me
Amanda
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it

Wow! This story started off with a bang. Seriously. I was hooked from the prologue itself and right up to 25% I was basically falling off my seat with the suspense, paranoia and danger that surround Ash, the dancer who came from Slovenia to Las Vegas to chase his dream, only to get entangle with the Bratva.

description

I thought this is going to be a dark romance and I'm both exhilarated and nervous. However, the rest of the story was pretty mellow once Ash removes himself from the situation and we
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
6 + stars

Complete post here: https://beautyandthebeastlybooks.word...

***ARC received from the author in exchange of an honest review***

Starting a new Jane Harvey-Berrick book is always also a new experience. Specially when it comes to epic romances, forged in such a real "fictional" world. The background world to her stories are always so real, and because of that we can relate to her characters.

Slave to the Rhythm is a quintessential Jane book. If you have read Jane's books you know what I mea
Sybil aka Lala
Last night I met this guy. His name is Ash. He’s beautiful. He has a sweet soul and so much pride. It’s not what you think. LOL, I’m serious. Look, he’s in love with someone else. OK. Let me start from the beginning.

So last night I met this guy and he told me his story. He’s from Slovenia and he came to Las Vegas to be a dancer. He was born to dance and after his dance partner left him, he found an advert for a job as a dancer. So he applied and got on the next plane over. He thought that all of
Betul
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**Received ARC in exchange for an honest review**

description

"We were dancing, together, our rhythm matching perfectly, because I was moving to his rhythm."

This is now my favorite book by Jane Harvey-Berrick. This book was amazing. It will grab you right from the start and it won't let you go until the end, and even then you'll want more! Jane did such an amazing job with this book. She really did her research and delivered us a heartbreaking and beautiful story. At times certain scenes weren't easy to read
Lelyana

One of Jane's best work so far !

Glad I was part of the dance community when I was young, so I'm fully understood the struggling and the passion of moving your body to follow the rhythm of the music.
One of Jane's best work so far.

This was a different experienced with Jane's book. It's darker than her usual. It was also one of her bes
Jacqueline
Wow...I absolutely loved this book.

Ash is a gifted dancer from Eastern Europe who has been lured to the bright lights of Vegas. But when he arrives, instead of fulfilling his dream, he finds he's trapped in a living nightmare. When Laney witnesses something that puts her in danger, they are forced to flee Vegas together.

This was such a page turner thanks to the delicious chemistry between Ash and Laney, but the suspense was ramped up by a plot that was original, lively and compelling. I was co
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it

“In the daylight – that’s when we’ll work things out. Now, in the darkness, we’ll just hold each other. Tonight, let’s believe the fairytale.”

If there’s one thing we can say about Jane Harvey Berrick’s writing, it’s that she always manages to capture our imagination with the beauty and visionary of her stories and never is that more apparent than in parts of this story. There was one particular moment where we felt as though we became a part of the story, watching with anticipation and enthusi
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016

Bex | TotallyBex.com
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, dark, survival, dancing
★★ 4.5 Stars! ★★

I don’t know what I was expecting when I started reading this book, but wow, it was so much more than I anticipated. It was raw, yet beautiful; heartbreaking, but full of hope; dark, yet full of love. Slave to the Rhythm is a brilliantly written book about a man who loves lives to dance and the woman who loves him.

Ash moves to Las Vegas from Slovenia to live his dream as a ballroom dancer. He gets more than he bargained for when he discovers that he has sold his soul to the Russi
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
I wasn't really fussed on this one, and i can't put my finger on why. Overall, it just didn't hit any of the good spots for me.
Jessica Viteri
Absolutely amazing!

It's 230am and I plowed through the book. Laney and Ash's love story was not an easy journey but it was extraordinary.

Give me a minute to gather my thoughts, take quick nap, dream about my own dancing stud and then I'll come back with a full review.

**************************************

“You shine so brightly.”
“You’re the one who shines, moj soncek.”

I have loved Ms. Harvey-Berrick's books since I first picked up THE EDUCATION OF SEBASTIAN/CAROLINE series a few years back. I
Grace
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A hauntingly beautiful story about a man who loves to dance, how that dance nearly destroyed him, and how a brave woman saved him. Ash and Laney's story will steal your heart and capture all of your emotions. Told from dual POVs, these two will give you proof that love can concur all.

At first, the prologue to this book seemed innocuous, with Ash and Laney meeting for the first time. Then we learn something about Laney just as Ash does, and their earlier conversation is no longer innocuous, but s
Shannon
Wow, wow, wow.

Stupendous. Phenomenal. Pulse-Pounding. Heartrending. Tragic. Inspiring. Just a few of the words I would use to describe Slave to the Rhythm, the newest book from Jane Harvey-Berrick. This story pulled me in from the Prologue and hasn't let go even days after I finished reading it.

Times like this I wish I was a writer so that I could write a review deserving of this hauntingly beautiful book. The Prologue had me intrigued, but it was the first chapters that held me captive. They
Bia Travesso
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-provided
***** 5 STARS *****

Can you imagine my excitement when I grabbed my kindle, on a rainy and cold Thursday and saw that I’ve received the ARC for this book? The only thing that stopped me from running and screaming was the fact that I was at work, and this would be really weird.

Now let`s get into business :)

We’re introduced to Ash, a Slovene dancer that received a job proposal on the US, someone who’s only trying to fulfill his dream: take his dancing to as many people as possible. He was suppose
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author via blog tour*

Seeing this is Jane's work, I know I shouldn't have been surprised by this at all, but in all honesty, it did, in ways that I didn't expect.

Aside from the fact that this is Jane's work, which generally almost always makes me pick it up sight unseen, so to speak, the cover (gorgeous!) just lured me in further, then the blurb (as if I needed to read it!) just intrigued me. But beyond that, the blurb really gives you just enough without giving anything away.

I
Annie Brewer
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've read most of Jane's books and I'm impressed with each one she publishes. Even though this wasn't my favorite of hers, I still enjoyed it for what it was. Maybe mafia-type books just aren't my thing, probably because I haven't read enough of them, but I was still able to sit back and enjoy the ride. I can't help but become captivated by her writing and falling for her complex characters. She just has a way of keeping a firm grip on your emotions. Even when you least expect it.

And this one wa
Brit
Advance Readers Copy (ARC) provided for my blog for an honest review via the lovely author

Title: Slave to the Rhythm
Happily Ever After: Yes
Release Date: March 8th, 2016
Date Read: February 19th, 2015
Overall Rating: 5 Stars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Unique and unforgettable. Slave to the Rhythm is one of those stories that once you read it you want more. I could have read this in one si
Kasia
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
boska!!!
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Full review posted at: http://natashaisabookjunkie.com/2016/...

[4.5 STARS]
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

A long time ago I made myself a promise not to say that I am a fan of an actor as long as that particular actor was only on my “good side” and I loved all of his roles.

Only when I could honestly say that I dislike - better yet – straight on HATED him in at least one role in the middle of several that I loved I would consider myself a fan. (that part is important for me – there must be roles before AND after I liked)

When I started reviewing for Blogs I noticed that there were so many authors out
hokey-pokey
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
fenomenalna, porywająca rozszarpująca twe serce;) MUSISZ JĄ PRZECZYTAĆ!!!
Annika

Oh, wow. Just... wow.
I don't think I'll ever be able to find the right words to describe how much I loved this book, so I might as well do it now - my mind still a jumbled mess, my heart squeezed tight in my chest, my cheeks still wet from my tears. I never wanted this to end.
Going into this book, I didn't even have the slightest hint of an idea what to expect from it. The blurb is so vague, it could have been basically anything. All I knew was that it wasn't going to be a light-hearted, fluffy,
Ardent PRose: Jane Harvey-Berrick 11 65 Mar 11, 2016 11:36AM

• MAXWELL 3: Love's Conviction (Phoenix Club, #15)
  • Damage Control (North Shore Stories, #1)
  • Sebastian: The Complete Series
  • Risk Taker (Mixed Messages, #3)
  • Blood & Milk
  • Reunited (Rescued Hearts, #2)
  • Block and Strike
  • Beneath the Stain
  • Unquiet (Resilient Love #3)
  • Forever a Lord (The Rumor, #3)
  • Patchwork Paradise
  • Creature (Bureau, #3)
  • The Proposal (Single Dad Support Group, #2)
  • His Surrogate Omega (Omega Quadrant #1)
  • Finding the Right One (Mansell Brothers #2)
  • Silent Scars
  • Nightingale
Writing is my passion and my obsession. I write every day and I love it. My head is full of stories and characters. I'll never keep up with all my ideas!

I live in a small village by the ocean and walk my little dog, Pip, every day. It’s on those beachside walks that I have all my best ideas.

Writing has become a way of life – and one that I love to share.

To keep up-to-date with new books, special o

The Rhythm (2 books)