Start by marking “Nanette's Baguette” as Want to Read:
Nanette's Baguette

Nanette's Baguette

Nanette's Baguette, follows our plucky heroine on her first big solo trip to the bakery. But . . . will Nanette get the baguette from baker Juliette? Or will Nanette soon be beset with regret?
Published October 25th 2016 by Hyperion Books for Children

To ask other readers questions about Nanette's Baguette, please sign up.
Pam School Library Journal says PreS-Gr 2 and I would agree.

Start your review of Nanette's Baguette
Mischenko
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nanette's Baguette is a beautifully illustrated book and keeps readers engaged. Another adorable rhyming picture book by Mo Willems kids will love . What will Nanette do when she gets the baguette? Sure to be a favorite!
Matt
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mo Willems dazzles with another standalone story to appeal to young readers. Nanette has been tasked with going to the bakery to fetch a fresh baguette for her mother. Along the way, our dear Nanette finds friends and many distractions, but none is more problematic than when she finally gets a baguette in her hands. The smell, the warmth, the feel... all of these things lead Nanette to take just one bite. But, once you taste a baguette, it's hard to stop there. It's a whirlwind adventure from th ...more
Brenda Kahn
I had the pleasure and honor of listening to Mo Willems himself, read Nanette's Baguette aloud to a roomful of librarians at the Disney preview in Orlando, Florida. I cannot wait to buy this for my home library when it releases. What a joy! Hilarious!
Edward Sullivan
Sep 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
It rhymes and rhymes and rhymes.
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Ha! When you read a lot of picture books and you still laugh out loud...you know that it is a good one. Nice!
Jessica
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books, own
Adorable book about young Nanette, who is going to get a baguette. This will be her first baguette get! Is she set? You bet! She is on her way to baker Juliette!

This book not only manages to rhyme a host of words with "baguette," and not only do the rhymes scan correctly, but it also knows when NOT to rhyme, which creates a very nice effect. The art is fascinating, with backgrounds of painted paper, and it's altogether a delightful book: fun to read aloud, fun to listen to, fun to look at.
Tina
Ooo, la, la, Nanette! You are a girl after my own heart! Mmmm....bread! This made me laugh out loud reading it. And, typical Willems, the word play won't disappoint!
Dianna
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How many words can you think of that end with the -et sound? Probably not as many as Mo Willems can.
Daniel (Attack of the Books!) Burton
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parents of children
Recommended to Daniel (Attack of the Books!) by: Brittany
Shelves: children-s-books
Mo Willems is a brilliant artist, and the simplicity with which he does it is absolutely genius. When my better half brings home a load of new picture books to test drive, we usually end up a slew of duds, a few fun ones, and, if we're lucky, a genuinely good find. With Mo's newest book--Nanette's Baguettes--it's pure genius. The art is bright, playful, and fun, and the story is just as delightful. "There is no greatness where there is not simplicity," said Tolstoy in War and Peace, and Tolstoy ...more
Kathleen Dixon
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kathleen by: the Bookshop
Shelves: children-s, db-reads
Quirky and totally fun! The grandchildren asked me to read this night after night and I enjoyed it equally as much every time. Willems has made a delightful story about Nanette being entrusted to go and get the baguette, freshly out of the oven and smelling delicious, and has used all sorts of words ending in the same sound. The illustrations are very funny. If the grandchildren weren't getting older far too fast, I'd be purchasing my own copy.
Abigail
Mar 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Mo Willems Fans / Those Seeking Fun New Stories for Younger Children
A young frog named Nanette is immensely excited to be given the task of fetching a baguette for the first time in this latest picture-book from the celebrated Mo Willems. As her story unfolds in rhyming text, Nanette successfully manages to get the baguette, only to succumb to its irresistible allure, eating it on the way home. Will her mother be upset? Will she be able to cope with her regret? Readers will have to pick up the book to find out...

An amusing tale which follows its froggie heroine
Becky
First sentence: Nanette! Today is a day Nanette won't soon forget. Today, in the kitchenette, Mom tells Nanette, that Nanette gets to get the baguette!

Premise/plot: Set in a French village, Nanette's Baguette stars a couple of frogs. Nanette is being trusted with a great responsibility: going to the bakery to get a baguette all by herself. Can she handle it? Maybe. Maybe not. But what really sets this one apart is the excessive rhyming. Willems' teases readers with how many words and phrases he
Margie
When attending college dorm life was highly regimented. Compared to campus life now, it was downright laughable. One thing which was never a laughing matter though was the schedule for meals on Sunday. There were only two; the final one at noon. When dinnertime arrived my suitemates and I sometimes pooled our financial resources and ordered a pizza but we usually went without food. After studies and class prep for Monday, we went to bed early.

Inevitably as we were lying there waiting for sleep,
Heidi
Mo Willems has really hit it out of the park, again, with this amusing look at a youngster's efforts to run an errand for her mother. Young Nanette, a frog, is sent by her mother to buy a baguette from the local bakery. Despite being distracted by friends, Nanette makes it to the bakery and buys the best baguette available. But the bread smells so delicious, and is so warm, that Nanette is seriously tempted and before she knows it, the loaf has been eaten. How can she go home after messing up he ...more
Jana
This book will definitely be a favorite of carb lovers of all ages! Nanette is a little frog who's been given the responsibility of going to the bakery to get the family's baguette. It's her first trip to get the baguette on her own. Once she purchases the baguette, it's so warm and it smells so good that she can't resist a taste; but then she can't stop! Young readers will love finding out what happens next! The artwork is awesome! According to the inside back cover, "the images in this story a ...more
Heather
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
A charming picture book I won't soon forget. Mo Willems knocks it out of the park with the story of Nanette the frog and the first baguette she is allowed to fetch from the baker by herself. This book must absolutely be read aloud, and even though all the rhyming words may act as tongue twisters it's worth it. The illustrations are bright, fun, and expressive. Nanette's village is one I would like to visit and the images of Baker Juliette's baguettes makes me quite hungry for some warm and wonde ...more
Caitlyn Dill
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I ABSOLUTELY loved this story.

I read it to two different classes, one 2nd and one 1st, and both groups loved it too. The story is simple and silly, and the rhyming really captured the attention of young readers. The story also struck home for me as a person who struggles in the same way Nanette does: To eat or not to eat an entire loaf of bread, that is the question.

The illustrations are emotive and charming. This book is definitely worth the read.
Jocelin
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mo Willems is still in top form. I love the rhythm of the book, Nanette's Baguette will leave you with no regret. I totally understand the allure of a delicious smelling baked bread. A fun book that is a great story time read.
Jan Polep
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well, who hasn't gone to the bakery and made a bad decision on the way home? This picture book for the pre-school to grade 2 crowd is set in a little frog village in France. That alone cracks me up but wait til you see the pictures and say the rhyming story out loud. Loved it.
Ann Haefele
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another outstanding Mo Willems book that does not stop rhyming! Original illustrations are made from photographs of hand crafted cardboard and paper constructions digitally mixed with photographed illustrations.
GalindoLibrarian
Guess I'll have to bring in baguette's to story time so the kids will know what a baguette is...hmmm, how to fill the library with the scent of fresh baked bread. Maybe I need a toaster oven in the back...
Cara
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Mo, Mo, Mo. No, No, No. Excessive rhyming and repetition is the worst! (And this is why I am not a children's librarian)
Beverly
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Willems uses a mixture of cartoons and collage to great effect.
Jasmine
You know how many words rhyme with Baguette? This book does.
Emily Gosse
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
New favorite book to read with the kids! We LOVE Mo Willems!
Krista
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is fun to read aloud.
Anna
Yay! A Mo Willems book I really love! I knew this day had to come sometime.
Lizzie
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tre funny this Mo Willems guy.
Melki
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kidstuff, eating, frogs
Ha! LOVED this one!

Who knew there were so many rhymes for baguette?
Kary
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: prek, storytime
Redbud nominee. Another winner by Mo Willems.

• The Cookie Fiasco (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #1)
  • Stop! Bot!
  • Bloom
  • Pete's a Pizza
  • They All Saw A Cat
  • Leo: A Ghost Story
  • Is Everyone Ready for Fun?
  • Crankee Doodle
  • It's Only Stanley
  • Secret Pizza Party
  • I Want a Dog
  • Waiting
  • The Cool Bean (The Bad Seed, #3)
  • Maple
#1 New York Times Bestselling author and illustrator Mo Willems is best known for his Caldecott Honor winning picture books Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and Knuffle Bunny: a cautionary tale.

In addition to such picture books as Leonardo the Terrible Monster, Edwina the Dinosaur Who Didn’t Know She Was Extinct, and Time to Pee, Mo has created the Elephant and Piggie books, a series of early r