Start by marking “Four Letter Word (Dirty Deeds, #1)” as Want to Read:
Four Letter Word (Dirty Deeds, #1)

Four Letter Word (Dirty Deeds #1)

3.96  ·  Rating Details ·  6,757 Ratings  ·  1,032 Reviews
Fate. Hate. Love. Lies.

Which four letter word will change their lives forever?

Sydney Paige was never so mortified to hear the words "wrong number" in her life. She meant to tell off the guy who broke her best friend's heart but unleashed her anger on a perfect stranger instead. And now her world is turned upside down by the captivating man who wants to keep her on the line
Published October 4th 2016 by Forever

Christy
Sep 17, 2016 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!!!

photo A2FB6D07-0453-46EB-B9A9-5CA20C58AEA7_zpsyzhxrqwk.png

What can I say about Four Letter Word? It was clever (love the concept of the title) a bit emotional and alotta steamy! It’s certainly J. Daniel’s HOTTEST book to date. Holy smokes. She really brought the heat with this book.

Sydney is starting a new chapter in her life. That chapter includes moving in with her best friend, Tori. New town, new job, new start. Both Syd and Tori have been burned by a men. Sydney does something out of character for her and makes a rash phone call. It’s
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
I can't say much about this book just yet except this is easily my favorite book J has ever written to date. SIMPLY. AMAZING.

Beta read for the amazing J Daniels

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 03, 2016 Aestas Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED :::
[image error]
"That's ours, Wild. What we have, how we build on it, and I don't give a fuck if it makes sense or not. It was fast but I don't care. People might not get it like we do but again" — he dipped closer — "I do not fuckin' care. What I do care about is you."

Holy freaking hotness, I have WILD LOVE for this book!! If you're a fan of sexy, tortured Alpha heroes who will make you combust with their hotness, break your heart with their pain, and then melt
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
2 stars, cuz.
Initially I wasn't going to rate it. But f it, why the hell not?

I'm super bummed out but I had to DNF this at 70% It was just ok for me.

Even York couldn't save this one. I REALLY loved the first 50% of the book but then I sort of just lost interest at 60% mark.

This is definitely my personal thing here so I'm certainly not discouraging anyone from reading the book. I just need the book to keep my attention and for some reason it didn't happen with this one. :(

The beginning was real
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 10, 2016 Jennifer Kyle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 ~ 5 Stars

description

This is my first read by this author and I’m seriously smitten with all the characters. The heroine, Sydney Whittaker’s husband has just bailed on their marriage and so she heads to stay with her best friend, Tori to pick up the pieces. Sadly, Tori is also handling the end of her relationship... these poor girls. When Sydney decides to be wild and tell off Tori’s ex things get very interesting. One wrong number and all of sudden it’s game on…

“Oh my God. I am so, so sorry. This…. W
Lisa Jayne
Jan 05, 2016 Lisa Jayne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FIVE TROUBLE AND WILD STARS.

"Love was a risk. It was Wild and unpredictable."

description

Author J Daniels claimed me as a fan from the first moment that I picked up her work and since then she has continued to prove that her writing style suits me down to the ground. I was über excited to read this latest release and had the privilege of reading an early copy. To say I was blown away by this book would not even cover how I felt. I was fully impressed with all and everything about this book and I happily s
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

“I needed you, but I didn’t know I needed you until you reached out to me.”

I have book friends who have been telling me to read this author FOREVER. So guess who is guilty of not reading J Daniels until now?

That's right. ME. Don't worry I will be reading more by her.

BUT, I am really glad this was my first book by J Daniels because I absolutely loved it. It came at a perfect reading time when I had been in a slump and then this wonderful pink pretty came into my life!

Sydney has ju
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Four Letter Word
Series: Dirty Deeds #1
Author: J. Daniels
Release date: October 4, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

J. Daniels knows how to write steamy. Sexy. Tantalizing. I'm talking explosively hot. But the best part about her books? Where a lot of erotic books will just end there, hers stand solid with actual substance to the characters and storylines. They are the full package: Humor, heat, with a side of sweet. From the very first time I read one of her books,
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live http://amzn.to/2dok5Rc

5 AMAZING Stars

"That's ours,Wild.What we have,how we built on it, and I don't give a f@ck if it makes sense or not."

I just found my new addiction!!Four Letter Word is the first book of a new series and let's just say how addictive it was!!I was so enthralled by how brilliant and fantastic was the storyline.Four Letter Word was an incredible mix of intense,beautiful, hot romance and awesome secondary characters!

description

Brian and Sydney found what they needed to each other.Sta
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 29, 2016 Wendy'sThoughts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: J. Daniels Fans, Romance
What is The Level of Terrific for FOUR LETTER WORD,
ANSWER: 5 Heartfelt Stars * * * * *
SPOILER FREE IT"S LIVE!!!
Ok, I would be lying if I didn't admit to thinking I would be "Oh so Clever" and do the entire review as a crossword puzzle...Yes, snappy answers all letting you know how much I loved this book...I know someone craftier will be able to pull all of that off...and even with it not out there yet... I am sure it will be great. The main point is how inspired and loving this book made me feel
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!!
*Amazon*Barnes & Noble*iBooks*

4 'Wild Trouble' Stars

Four letter word for a score of zero?
Love The answer is love, and I did, I loved this book, and the characters, and the overall feeling of the story. Just reading about Brian and Sydney make me happy and it was a pleasant experience of reading their story.

Sydney never thought her life would take such a drastic turn to where she was moving in with her best friend and starting a brand new job as a waitress. So when her friends hea
Cristina | CristiinaReads
➳ARC kindly provided by author and publisher, in exchange for an honest review...

➳J. Daniels has done it again, by providing a masterpiece full of compassion and pure insanity to my mental state that is currently filled with hyperaware of emotions! I got an advance reader's copy of Four Letter Word by J. Daniels two days ago, and honestly I screeched when I saw that NetGallery wanted an honest review. I have been waiting for this book for an eternity now! At the end of the day, I enjoyed this
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I really was liking this for the first part of the book, as I do tend to enjoy relationships that develop over something like texting/phone calls/letters/emails. Once they physically met we do get the hot sexy times, but we also go the lovey-dovey stuff that just isn't my cuppa. I like to feel the connections between the characters, and I felt like I was just constantly told about it instead through long(ish) inner monologues and cheesy dialogue. I know that some reader
Beverly
Sep 19, 2016 Beverly rated it really liked it
Four Letter Word is everything I love about J. Daniels and yet it’s like none of her other books. This book is legit sexy sin and highly entertaining, like all of Daniel’s books, but the writing is so different. Nonetheless, I was easily pulled into the story and I am already ready for more in this series!

The story is told from Sydney and Brian’s point-of-views. We first meet Sydney when her husband decides he no longer wants to be married and informs her that he wants a divorce. I don’t think
Amy (Foxy)
Oct 10, 2016 Amy (Foxy) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Amy (Foxy) by: Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
FOUR LETTER WORD … My teen asked me what I was reading and when I said, Four Letter Word he said, “You know what that means… it’s what they use for the F word.” Of course, I knew that which made me curious why this book was named that. But then again there are LOTS of words that are 4 letter words.

To name a few off of the top of my head:
LOVE
FAME
FEAR
DIET

It all began when Sydney calls the wrong number and lays into the guy who she thinks broke her best friend's heart. After that embarrassing e
Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆
I loved Brian and Sydney so much. They were everything together. Everything. Both of them are broken in a way. Both of them need to heal and give each other that.

I loved their banter and Good Lord were they hot together. The writing itself has a bit of a Kristen-Ashley-esque feel but without copying it J. Daniels makes it her own. Loved it, so happy I get to read Hit The Spot soon!
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 30, 2016 Jacqueline's Reads rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, funny
5 LOVE, NICE, COOL, STARS (I did my best to think four letter words to describe this book)

I love J. Daniels. I found her books very humorous, engaging and fun. Four Letter Word is the first officially published book I have read from her and to my surprise her writing style was written differently (to me and from the other books I have read).

To another surprise I really liked the new writing style. Just think alpha males from Kristen Ashley books. Very possessive, very strong and with a slight tw
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
This was such an anticipated release for me, I have been a fan of J Daniels for a long time. Unfortunately, this book was so slow for me, and I felt zero build up or connection between the two main characters. It was almost like insta-love, but with no basis or reason for their feelings. The two side characters, however, were a different story - I was so much more invested in them as a couple.

I can't put my finger on what was stopping me from enjoying this story, but it just fell flat for me and
(Source: I received a finished paperback copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Little Brown Book Group.)

“On a growl he wrapped his one arm around my waist and slid his other hand to the back of my neck, gripped me there, and yanked me down until he could take my mouth in a kiss that tasted like love and felt like madness,”

This was an adult contemporary romance story, which started with a wrong number.

I felt quite sorry for Sydney, as her husband was a bit of a waste
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
I originally dnfed this, but since I received an arc for book 2 I thought it was only fair that I finish the other half of the story. It was a cute read, but still a little too slow. But it made me want to read about Jamie and Tori even more cause there was a lot of setting up for the other characters books.
__________________
Original Review:DNF @49%

My Four Letter Word that describes this book: DULL.
Please don't crucify me, I tried! I really did, but this book fell flat in every area. (FLAT ano
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
5 “WILD was his four letter word for love” STARS

I admit to being a bit new to J. Daniels. I have only read her Sweet Addiction series, but I find myself drawn to her style. I was so pleased to have got the opportunity to read this new release and even more fired up at the story that ensued!

Four Letter Word is one of those reads that just hooks the reader in from page one and keeps them locked in with every scene. This is sweet and emotional love story with a unique twist on falling in love quic
Tara
Feb 24, 2016 Tara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Four Letter Word is the perfect blend of heat, emotion and humor. J. Daniels does an excellent job pulling you in with relatable characters, solid writing and a beautiful story about finding love when you least expect it and forgiveness. I can't wait to see where she takes us next with Tori and Jamie!
Maria...
"5 WILD was his four letter word for "love" stars"

This book was AMAZING!!!

I belonged to someone. This girl fucking had me. Craziest shit I'd ever felt.

I enjoyed it so damn much! The story line, the characters, their chemistry, not only between the main couple but also between friends, the love they had for each other was really inspiring...

description

Sydney Whittaker was my fucking dream. Soft and Wild and mine!

Brian was the B.E.S.T! I Loved him to pieces...My God he was amazing!He had such a big heart a
Kyraryker/WhiskeyintheJar

Married right out of highschool, Sydney thought she had her happily ever after wrapped up but after being blindsided by her husband, even though the writing was on the wall, she gets a chance to find herself again. A chance aided by a mistaken identity and a wrong phone number.
Being woken up and cursed out by a strange woman somehow ends up being the best thing
Jayme
4,5 Wild&Trouble Stars! Sweet captivating story. When I think about my emotions while reading it, it was a little bit of everything. And that's really what I like the most in books. All kinds of feelings, laugh, tears, anger and enormous love.

About the plot: It starts with a big mess for Sydney and her friend Tori. Syd leaves behind a house that she knew the past few years and goes to her friend. She is so angry at everything and wants to give a hard time to Tori's former boyfriend by phone
JewelsyGoolsy
Oct 07, 2016 JewelsyGoolsy rated it liked it
2.9888 -slow, would be a four letter word- Stars

The first 47% of this book consisted of some background intros, some phone conversations, some texting, some phone sex, some "nearly meeting" scenes, some insta-attraction (stemmed from these phone calls), some possessiveness (stemmed from said insta-attraction due to said phone calls)... and a WHOLE lotta waiting around for these MC's to actually meet....
description

When these guys FINALLY see each other in the flesh for the first time, the nookie was ON like
TheresaDK
2 - Welcome to the cheese fest! - stars!

Let me start out by saying, I am a fan of this author and I have enjoyed several of her books (4-5 star reads). So expectations were high.. maybe too high.

So, I was slightly disappointed when @23% the MCs hadn't met, and I considered DNF'ing. I became VERY displeased when @34% the MCs STILL HADN'T MET and I needed some encouragement from my mate J to continue with the book. When they finally meet @47%, we were rewarded with immediate nookie...

My expectati
Olga therebelreader
5++ WILD stars

Hot, funny and extremely romantic, Four Letter Word knocked my socks off and blew my mind. It was just the right combination of playful, sexy and sweet.

This book starts off with the heroine leaving her husband and relationship of 7 years or so. Due to the imminent divorce, she feels depressed and so alone. So she runs off to her best friend Tori’s house. She needs her friend and just needs to get away. A misunderstanding over the phone with a stranger (Brian) will soon result in an
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
I’ve had a soft spot for J. Daniels ever since I popped my erotica cherry—if you will—with Sweet Addiction. Yes, her stories are hotter than Hates, but they’re also infused with a healthy dose of comedy. When I heard she was writing a new series, I was more than ready to jump aboard the Dirty Deeds train. Four Letter Word is the first book in the Dirty Deeds series, and it has Daniels’s signature blend of sassiness, sensuality, and humor stamped all over it, but with one added bonus: heart.

Clich
Andie
*Arc provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.*

Four Letter Word is the first book in the new Dirty Deeds series and it was smokin! The wit and humor I've come to rely on in a J. Daniels novel was ever present, but she shocked me with the amount of emotion she put her characters through. I loved Sydney and Brian's journey from lost and broken, to healing and forgiveness. And let's not forget about the steam! Holy heck these two are WILD!

The supporting characters are all wo
Bargain Basement: $50 Amazon Gift Card 1 14 Mar 17, 2016 03:23PM
  • Screwmates
  • Split
  • Punk 57
  • The Debt
  • The Hot Shot (Game On, #4)
  • Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1)
  • Forget You, Ethan
  • Bedmates (American Royalty, #1)
  • Royally Screwed (Royally, #1)
  • Sugar Rush (Sugar Bowl, #2)
  • Behind Closed Doors
  • Furious Rush (Furious Rush, #1)
  • Hitched: Volume Two (Imperfect Love, #2)
  • Roman Crazy
  • The One Real Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #1)
  • Unsuitable
  • Infini (Aerial Ethereal, #2)
  • Wide Open Spaces (Shooting Stars, #2)
J. Daniels is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Sweet Addiction series, the Alabama Summer series, and the Dirty Deeds series.

She would rather bake than cook, she listens to music entirely too loud, and loves writing stories her children will never read. Her husband and children are her greatest loves, with cupcakes coming in at a close second.

J grew up in Baltimore and re
More about J. Daniels...

Dirty Deeds (2 books)
  • Hit the Spot (Dirty Deeds, #2)

“Love was a risk. It was wild and unpredictable. You could either hold on for the ride, not knowing how it would end, or you could let go and never know the amazing you could have had.” 5 likes
“The heart is never wrong, honey. It’s just stupidly hopeful like the rest of us.” 4 likes