Start by marking “Frida Kahlo at Home” as Want to Read:
Frida Kahlo at Home

Frida Kahlo at Home

Frida Kahlo at Home explores the influence of Mexican culture and tradition, the Blue House and other places Frida travelled to and called home, on her life and work.

'In this beautifully illustrated and thoughtful book, Suzane Barbezat, an Oaxaca-based travel writer, teacher, and tour guide, explores the famous Casa Azul. Along with a plethora of images of [Kahlo's]
Published October 27th 2016 by Frances Lincoln

Start your review of Frida Kahlo at Home
Jackie Craven
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My passion for architecture and my love for surrealistic art come together in this enchanting new book by Suzanne Barbezat. Frida Kahlo at Home is an illustrated biography that examines Kahlo's paintings closely and explains their architectural and cultural references. I loved seeing historic photographs of La Casa Azul and other places where Kahlo lived, and Barbezat's book allows me to inhabit the artist's complex and fascinating world. I've read other Kahlo biographies (always with keen ...more
Maryam
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: memoirs
"I hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return"
Sandee
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I love Frida and the book itself is nice. But the text reads like a fifth grade book report. Some works of art appear twice. And if you're already well versed in her life story, this won't add anything new. The landscape photos are a nice addition.
Yvonne
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Lots of pictures and biographical info. Well done.
K
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
No new ground here but enjoyable.
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a gorgeous book that I plan to purchase to add to my personal library. I wanted to check a book or two out on Frida before I go see her personal photography collection at the museum and this was one of the few my library had available.

This book has the right balance of full page beautiful images and text accompaniment. The narrative Barbezat tells of Frida and her many struggles is very well done. The fact that Frida had the ability to take some of the worst life experiences and turn
Catalina
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Ella es un ícono de los derechos de la mujer, de los discapacitados, de los homosexuales y de aquellos que no encajan dentro de las categorías de género establecidas"

Acabo de terminar este libro y estoy emocionada a cagar. En primer lugar, amo a Frida, no sé cómo explicar el impacto que tiene su obra y la mitología que construyó en torno a su vida en mí, pero sin duda me alegra saber que no soy la única que se siente de esa forma.

Ha sido mi libro biográfico favorito de Frida, porque es
Artlibrarian
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best art history books! Suzanne Barbezat is a wonderful writer and reading this book made me feel like I was next to Frida, observing her life by her side with all her triumphs and her physical and emotional pain. Photos and information that I have never seen in another source. Barbezat is a travel writer and runs a tour company in Mexico, this is her first art history book and I hope she writes more. Barbezat has visual writing style that makes her subject come to life, including ...more
Caterina
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a cool book. Well written and illustrated with tons of photos of her work and homes, friends and family. I loved the premise of the book, writing about her life in connection to her living quarters which is so important to anyone especially an artist that makes her life her art. The other facinating part of this book is her relationship to Rivera, and while important, it finally plays second to her life and her art.
Victor Amaya
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
El mejor libro hasta ahora que he leído sobre de Frida Kahlo.
Melissa
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy more insight into an artist I have found fascinating for years.
Cari
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I've read almost everything ever written about Frida and there were things in this book that were new discoveries. Purchased it after I finished it to add to my collection.
Maria
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous book about Kahlo's life filled with photographs and art reproductions. Much more engaging writing than the Hayden Herrera biography.
NerwSlowa
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Piękna. Jeśli szuka się bardziej powieści, to polecam oczywiście genialną książkę Barbary Mujicy "Frida" - opowieść Barbezat to raczej album z bardzo solidnie wykonaną notą biograficzną, pięknie wydany i idealny na prezent.

Czas, cholera, jechać do tego Poznania.
Paola Bellato
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Frida Kahlo: Making Her Self Up
  • Rzeczy, których nie wyrzuciłem
  • Inny świat
  • Testament (Chyłka i Zordon, #7)
  • Queenpin
  • Zero Waste Fashion Design
  • Oskarżenie (Chyłka i Zordon, #6)
  • Umorzenie (Chyłka i Zordon, #9)
  • The Men with the Pink Triangle: The True Life-and-Death Story of Homosexuals in the Nazi Death Camps
  • The Man Who Shot Out My Eye Is Dead
  • Cinderella Sims
  • Kontratyp (Chyłka i Zordon, #8)
  • Deep South: Four Seasons on Back Roads